Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #1251
ajohnson16
veteran
 
ajohnson16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oops. I'm breaking the fourth wall.
Posts: 3,466
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Not sure why you guys keep making obvious undrafted references.
ajohnson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #1252
Scary_Tiger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Scary_Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 21,479
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Blah, Vader, Hall, Lawler, and Steamboat were four of our top five, time to reorganize our board.
Scary_Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #1253
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Arrow Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyPatriot View Post
Did you ever explain why Foley > Funk just because of his "comedic face ability"?


"Mick Foley is better than Terry Funk because he has comedic face ability."


In my statement there I gave a reasoning for my beliefs(belief: Foley > Funk, reasoning: because he has comedic face ability). He didn't give any reasoning for his belief that Vader was a reach at all.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #1254
Dynasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 25,842
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft



With the 13th pick of the second round (34th overall pick) in the Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft, the Dynasty Wrestling Federation picks:

Introduction Music

Spoiler:
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #1255
MikeyPatriot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MikeyPatriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sack Mike Goldberg
Posts: 11,891
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post


"Mick Foley is better than Terry Funk because he has comedic face ability."


In my statement there I gave a reasoning for my beliefs(belief: Foley > Funk, reasoning: because he has comedic face ability). He didn't give any reasoning for his belief that Vader was a reach at all.
Right. And then I asked you "compared to what skills/attributes Funk has." In addition to arguing that saying X > Y because of some random, arbitrary ability is a very odd way to rank anything.
MikeyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #1256
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfour View Post
because he has a yet-undiagnosed illness?
It's quite unbelievable that UNDRAFTED hasn't been drafted yet when he is the biggest PPV draw right now (Manny and PBF says "hi")
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #1257
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Arrow Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfour View Post
it's not enough to say that i can see every single argument you're making because i love vader for every reason you say you do, basically because he was the monster heel when i was getting into wrestling properly, and i still think you're taking him early? christ, i'm not saying he's cm punk spew, but it's early. you wouldn't have got him at your third pick, doesn't mean it's not early.
You still have yet to give ONE REASON why he went too early. All you've said is that you like Vader a lot, but that you think he went too early. Why do you think he shouldn't have gone so early. Compared to other big men(Hall, Nash would be good examples since they've both gone) I think hes better.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #1258
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Dusty Rhodes is a great pick, was thinking about him today
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #1259
MikeyPatriot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MikeyPatriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sack Mike Goldberg
Posts: 11,891
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Dusty Rhodes, if you weeeeeeelllll.
MikeyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #1260
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

I'm really really confused as to why someone hasn't gone yet. I'm sure it has something to do with the rules, and how he doesn't get his max value because of them, but he has to go soon.....
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #1261
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Arrow Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyPatriot View Post
Right. And then I asked you "compared to what skills/attributes Funk has." In addition to arguing that saying X > Y because of some random, arbitrary ability is a very odd way to rank anything.
Imo your #1 guy needs to be versatile. Foley gives me that; i didn't think Funk did. Funk works well as a crazy guy who fights a lot. Foley does that too. But Foley also can sell tons of t shirt and kids books because hes freakin' hilarious.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #1262
FlyingRat
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,409
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

With the 35th pick, FlyingRat/JRoth15 select...

Entrance music

Spoiler:


Full write-up coming later...
FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #1263
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

can we please stop making super obvious posts about undrafteds?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #1264
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Awesome pick FlyingRat !!!!
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #1265
Russ M.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Russ M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cornette Face
Posts: 27,877
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

DA MUDDASHEEP

Dusty was 4th on my BA list. Strong pick, not a surprise to me.

****in' finally Edge goes. I knew he wouldn't last much longer. When I clicked the link I said to myself "YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME" and then bang.
Russ M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #1266
KDawg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nectar of the gods
Posts: 20,486
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

welllllllllllllllllll, now here, there seems to be a frickas going on

he got him right good in the hamhocks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post


"Mick Foley is better than Terry Funk because he has comedic face ability."


In my statement there I gave a reasoning for my beliefs(belief: Foley > Funk, reasoning: because he has comedic face ability). He didn't give any reasoning for his belief that Vader was a reach at all.

that doesn't begin to explain why foley>funk. It gives one aspect as opposed to the overall package. What else does Foley do better then Funk, and this encompasses both of their entire careers
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #1267
True North
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
True North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,705
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

That has to be UNDRAFTED right there. Edge has first-round value imo.
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #1268
Dynasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 25,842
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw0586 View Post
Dusty Rhodes is a great pick, was thinking about him today
There are only a handful of people who compare to him on the mic. I'd say the Rock, Flair, and Piper are the only ones who are in his class among those already drafted.

Rhodes was probably the most popular wrestler from about 1976 to 1983.
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #1269
Debo9
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Debo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: first LOL Steeler thread starter
Posts: 9,152
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

edge matching up with Bret is sick value
Debo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #1270
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Not my guy, but Edge is a great pick here
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #1271
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Bret Hart and Edge vs CM Punk and Ricky Steamboat

Hmmmm.......
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #1272
DetlefSchrempf
adept
 
DetlefSchrempf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "This is not Detroit man!"
Posts: 1,169
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Great pick Rat.
DetlefSchrempf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #1273
FlyingRat
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,409
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

We had targeted four guys for our 35th pick...

1. Y2J
2. Edge
3. Orton
4. VERY GOOD UNDRAFTED

Really excited to get our 2nd option.
FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #1274
VickreyAuction
Pooh-Bah
 
VickreyAuction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bo shi dun
Posts: 4,089
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Nice pick. Edge vs Bret would be very good.
VickreyAuction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #1275
Golden_Rhino
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Golden_Rhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bester Forever
Posts: 9,056
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

My list is taking a beating right now. Great run of picks.
Golden_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive