Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #1226
True North
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
True North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,705
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Round 2 Pick 32

theme music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOF4txqvO-Y

Spoiler:
YES FINALLY
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #1227
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Hall >> Nash
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #1228
b123
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 40
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Love Vader, but think its a reach. Had him pegged for our 4th/5th round pick thought he would slip down there. Def one of the best big men ever, wrestling wise.
b123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #1229
FlyingRat
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,409
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

DYNASTY YOU'RE UP
FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #1230
MikeyPatriot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MikeyPatriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sack Mike Goldberg
Posts: 11,891
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
explain why then. You can't just say that its a reach, give no reasons why, and then when I try to argue say "you're preaching to the converted."
Did you ever explain why Foley > Funk just because of his "comedic face ability"?
MikeyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #1231
dnh83
Pooh-Bah
 
dnh83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,646
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
Just caught up on the whole thread I'll post my quick cliff notes

Great Picks
Jericho: He's just awesome, incredibly versatile, great on the mic, can be face or heel etc.
Cena: He's a huge draw, has been the biggest name in the WWE for years. Kids all around America wear clothes with his name on it.
Andre the Giant: Best pick of the draft should have been top 5. He's such a legend, my mother knows who Andre the Giant is, he was bigger than wrestling.
Bruno Sammartino: Sick value, never saw him wrestle but from everything I've heard about him it seems great.

Bad Picks
CM Punk: Simply an awful pick, you could have taken him in the second round. There is one current WWE star who is much better on the mic, and probably only a little worse in the ring who is still avaible. I think Punk has been great as a heel lately but 12th overall is crazy.
Nash/Diesel: There are better big men.He was never that good, there are a lot of undrafted wrestlers who really are not that different from him. If you wanted a big man Andre is so much better.
RVD: He's good and I like him but he's simply way too high (no pun intended.) Lots of better guys available.

Everything else ranges from like 6-8/10.

Also 100% down to be a judge if possible.
+1
dnh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #1232
SarcasticRat
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SarcasticRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sucking at Reverse Sheep
Posts: 9,774
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Anyone interested in trading down?

EDIT: Meh, just going to wait I think.
SarcasticRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #1233
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDawg
Cena was shoved down our throats from the begining. Once Vince fully decided to go with him, he got the IC belt fairly fast and moved his way up the card in a lightning manner.

Fans were booing him on his first reign because they didn't want to see him with the belt, and he was being pushed as a face. Remember all of the Cena Sucks chants from the crowd, that was because they saw through his being the champ. The emotion was because they hated who Vince was shoving down our throats. Sure, its heat, but its not the good kind of negative heat. Honestly, if he hadn't gotten injured shortly after his first reign came to an end, and he would've gotten the belt back like planned, I could've imagined a WCW-like problem on Vince's hands.
Then we're having 2 totally different viewpoints when we're watching wrestling. The fans didn't boo him because they didn't see him as a top star, Cena's feud with UNDRAFTED already cemented him as a top star already. The fans made him a star when they loved his edgy rapper gimmick so much. The fans hated him when WWE decided to turn him face and became all cheesy and dropped his freestlying schtick. Like I said this wasn't Cena's fault at all. Had it been anyone else WWE wouldn't have hesitated to go back to what made Cena popular or at least change his character. Like when the crowd started chanting "Rocky sucks" when Rock was a chessy face and the fans hated it. They quickly changed Rock's character and he became arguably the biggest star the company has ever known. However Rock would've gotten there one way or another because of his charisma.

WWE stayed with Cena because not everyone was booing him and hating on him. Women and children still loved him, while the rest of the audience was livid but they still loved to hate on Cena. That is not negative heat. Negative heat is someone like UNDRAFTED when the ENTIRE crowd was chanting UNDRAFTED SUCKS because they genuinely didn't want to see him there and never bought a ticket to see him, they hated his gimmick and was so annoying that they flipped the channel and took bathroom breaks because they didn't want to see UNDRAFTED. That's negative heat.
Cena drew money and is a star while UNDRAFTED never became anything because the crowd just don't care about UNDRAFTED.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #1234
KDawg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nectar of the gods
Posts: 20,486
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkTank43 View Post
Razor Ramon is my pick write up later
FYP

this is a definite reach. Way too lazy in the ring, especially given all of the talent he had that he never harnessed at all. at least nash didn't have a whole lot of talent, Hall could've been great, instead he was extremely good and drunk
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #1235
Dynasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 25,842
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

I stepped out just as dnky made his pick. I see the last three picks (Steamboat, Vader, Ramon) and none of them was my #1 guy. So, I just need a bit to do a basic write-up.

Steamboat was probalby my #2.
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #1236
DetlefSchrempf
adept
 
DetlefSchrempf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "This is not Detroit man!"
Posts: 1,169
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Cena is very polarizing and a big draw to the younger crowd. His merch. sells like crazy. Great pick.
DetlefSchrempf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #1237
Wrane
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,086
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

I bought his CD.
Wrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #1238
4thstreetpete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
4thstreetpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,270
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

just want to show a little support to dnky, steamboat is an awesome pick.
4thstreetpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #1239
DetlefSchrempf
adept
 
DetlefSchrempf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "This is not Detroit man!"
Posts: 1,169
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Despite all the great 2nd round picks, my top 2 best available heels are out there...........
DetlefSchrempf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #1240
Russ M.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Russ M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cornette Face
Posts: 27,877
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrane View Post
I bought his CD.
gay

Spoiler:
Russ M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #1241
DetlefSchrempf
adept
 
DetlefSchrempf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "This is not Detroit man!"
Posts: 1,169
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrane View Post
I bought his CD.
DetlefSchrempf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #1242
NameOnTheCake
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NameOnTheCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: we're not enemies, we just disagree
Posts: 19,597
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bRm3VmjP2o

so awesome. it's sad how pc and terrible wrestling is now
NameOnTheCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #1243
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 62,163
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkTank43 View Post
Razor Ramone is my pick write up later
Oozing machismo at the 0:45 mark.
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #1244
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tungsten Analysis
Posts: 69,892
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
explain why then. You can't just say that its a reach, give no reasons why, and then when I try to argue say "you're preaching to the converted."
it's not enough to say that i can see every single argument you're making because i love vader for every reason you say you do, basically because he was the monster heel when i was getting into wrestling properly, and i still think you're taking him early? christ, i'm not saying he's cm punk spew, but it's early. you wouldn't have got him at your third pick, doesn't mean it's not early.
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #1245
DetlefSchrempf
adept
 
DetlefSchrempf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "This is not Detroit man!"
Posts: 1,169
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameOnTheCake View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bRm3VmjP2o

so awesome. it's sad how pc and terrible wrestling is now

Classic promo. Love the shirt, lol.
DetlefSchrempf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #1246
True North
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
True North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,705
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Funny story...someone pitched the Razor gimmick to Vince as being like Scarface. One problem: Vince had no idea who Scarface was.
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #1247
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

There's one guy out there that is sick, sick value and I think I know why he's dropping.
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #1248
DetlefSchrempf
adept
 
DetlefSchrempf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: "This is not Detroit man!"
Posts: 1,169
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Why?
DetlefSchrempf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #1249
sixfour
should be called sevenfour
 
sixfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tungsten Analysis
Posts: 69,892
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw0586 View Post
There's one guy out there that is sick, sick value and I think I know why he's dropping.
because he has a yet-undiagnosed illness?
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #1250
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: Professional Wrestling Promotion Draft

Not the guy, I'm not going any further because we've been targeting him since the first round
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive