Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #1701
GusJohnsonGOAT
SESwamiGOAT
 
GusJohnsonGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,363
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

I've been thinking that Tebow should be kept for Wildcat purposes for awhile now. I really think it'd be a great idea.
GusJohnsonGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #1702
All-inMcLovin
Wholesome Mod
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 40,496
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
Assuming Tebow can block is a mistake. Look at RB's. There is a really wide range of blocking abilities. They are all football players.
:shrug:

I think he can block. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

Blocking is fundamentals of football to an extent. I think Tebow is well versed in fundamentals. Plus, he's huge and is not afraid to hit / get hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusJohnsonGOAT View Post
I've been thinking that Tebow should be kept for Wildcat purposes for awhile now. I really think it'd be a great idea.
- Elway does not want him there at all
- Manning probably doesn't want the crowd to chant for Tebow after a loss.
- Would be a huge distraction, which the whole team would have to answer questions about
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #1703
GeoffRas22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GeoffRas22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Please God, let this be it...
Posts: 40,149
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

why are people responding to brandon itt? he literally admitted that he has a huge bias against denver and would hate on pretty much anything they did.

elway gave tebow the starting job heading into training camp, and then the potential to obtain arguably the GOAT became a very realistic possibility. LOL at just throwing that away bc of "loyalty" to a QB who has started like 16 games for you or w/e and had the team at 70:1 or w/e to title.
GeoffRas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:35 AM   #1704
Mikita0
banned
 
Mikita0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,997
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Do you really think the crowd will chant for Tebow if he stays? I understand lol Denver, lol fans, but even football fans are aware of the difference between Kyle Orton and Peyton Manning.
Mikita0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #1705
prohornblower
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fred Jackson = GOAT running back
Posts: 38,283
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
Assuming Tebow can block is a mistake. Look at RB's. There is a really wide range of blocking abilities. They are all football players.
Tebow is much larger than most RBs. But yeah it's silly to just assume he can block if he's never done it before. He's enough of a freak that I'd assume he could become adequate.
prohornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #1706
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,550
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

lol at all this absurd Tebow hate, will not be surprised at all if the Broncos do worse this year
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #1707
GeoffRas22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GeoffRas22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Please God, let this be it...
Posts: 40,149
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

can someone point me in the direction of this "absurd tebow hate"? all i see is some discussion about whether or not he could block as a RB?

sad day for tebow fans. i guess they really do think he is untouchable/god as it appears they are insulted that an organization would dare prefer manning to him.
GeoffRas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #1708
All-inMcLovin
Wholesome Mod
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 40,496
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffRas22 View Post
why are people responding to brandon itt? he literally admitted that he has a huge bias against denver and would hate on pretty much anything they did.

elway gave tebow the starting job heading into training camp, and then the potential to obtain arguably the GOAT became a very realistic possibility. LOL at just throwing that away bc of "loyalty" to a QB who has started like 16 games for you or w/e and had the team at 70:1 or w/e to title.
+1

75:1 ---> 8:1

is about as real as it gets folks
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #1709
dnh83
Pooh-Bah
 
dnh83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,646
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
Assuming Tebow can block is a mistake. Look at RB's. There is a really wide range of blocking abilities. They are all football players.
For some reason people think Tebow can be useful as a FB or TE because he's a "football player", he's tough, he's physical, not afraid to get hit, etc. While those things may be true, the real FBs and TEs are ****ing good at what they do, and some QB who hasn't played the position is not going to be anywhere near as good.

Personally I think Tebow's usefulness as some sort of short yardage specialist is very overrated. Having Peyton Manning on 3rd and 2 or any other guy who can, you know, throw the ball, is a much better option imo.
dnh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:28 AM   #1710
All-inMcLovin
Wholesome Mod
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 40,496
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnh83 View Post
For some reason people think Tebow can be useful as a FB or TE because he's a "football player", he's tough, he's physical, not afraid to get hit, etc. While those things may be true, the real FBs and TEs are ****ing good at what they do, and some QB who hasn't played the position is not going to be anywhere near as good.

Personally I think Tebow's usefulness as some sort of short yardage specialist is very overrated. Having Peyton Manning on 3rd and 2 or any other guy who can, you know, throw the ball, is a much better option imo.
Tebow isn't "some QB", he's a unique athlete and a competitive force of nature.

How about legendary John Madden? Is his opinion good enough for you?

Quote:
NFL Hall-of-Famer John Madden publicly stated that he would change Tebow's position before letting him go.

"There's no way that I would not find a place for [Tebow] on my team. If I had Tim Tebow, I would never get rid of him," Madden said. "I may not play him at quarterback, but with all this hybrid football now where you have multiple receivers, multiple tight ends, you don't know the difference between a tight end, wide receiver and fullback - they're all the same guy - he could be that guy."
http://global.christianpost.com/news...-season-71716/
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #1711
prohornblower
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fred Jackson = GOAT running back
Posts: 38,283
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

dnh83, TEBOW is an athletic freak. Catching passes and running routes can't be easy to pick up but Teebz would instantly be one of the most athletic tight ends in the league the moment they put him there. Go look at his combine numbers. No idea if he can catch or not but it seems like he'd have an idea how to run routes seeing as he's been a QB for years. His combine numbers are already likely a bit outdated as he's got some wear on him and he may have to gain about 10 pounds to play TE, which would also hurt his quickness a bit but he's not just a "football player", he's a freak.
prohornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 AM   #1712
dnh83
Pooh-Bah
 
dnh83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,646
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-inMcLovin View Post
Tebow isn't "some QB", he's a unique athlete and a competitive force of nature.

How about legendary John Madden? Is his opinion good enough for you?



http://global.christianpost.com/news...-season-71716/
I think just about everyone in the NFL is a competitive force of nature, or else they wouldn't be in the NFL. Tebow just gets more credit for it. Madden was once a great coach but it's been a long time since he's been in the game. Just because he says he'd keep Tebow on the roster doesn't mean it would be the right move.

And phb, I looked at Tebow's combine stats, he ran a 4.7 40. That's not bad for a TE but it's hardly record breaking. I guess some of his cone drill and shuttle stats were better. Remember though when Matt Jones ran a sub 4.4 40? I think he had a more legitimate claim to being an athletic freak than Tebow, and he was basically a bust. It's not that easy to switch positions in the NFL.

If I was an NFL DE or LB and saw Tim Tebow trying to block me, I'd be pretty happy
dnh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #1713
SMIGLET
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SMIGLET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SCAM GOAT
Posts: 14,838
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

with the power of his lord and savior, anything is possible!
SMIGLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #1714
All-inMcLovin
Wholesome Mod
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 40,496
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnh83 View Post
I think just about everyone in the NFL is a competitive force of nature, or else they wouldn't be in the NFL. Tebow just gets more credit for it. Madden was once a great coach but it's been a long time since he's been in the game. Just because he says he'd keep Tebow on the roster doesn't mean it would be the right move.

And phb, I looked at Tebow's combine stats, he ran a 4.7 40. That's not bad for a TE but it's hardly record breaking. I guess some of his cone drill and shuttle stats were better. Remember though when Matt Jones ran a sub 4.4 40? I think he had a more legitimate claim to being an athletic freak than Tebow, and he was basically a bust. It's not that easy to switch positions in the NFL.

If I was an NFL DE or LB and saw Tim Tebow trying to block me, I'd be pretty happy
I highly doubt all NFL players are competitive forces of nature. People are in the NFL because they are skilled enough.

Furthermore, have you see those All-Madden teams that he selected year after year (if not.. then check them out right now!)? I believe the man still knows how to pick NFL caliber talent for a team format - and he got Tebow.

If you still don't believe John Madden should be given credit with his above statement, then we'll just have to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIGLET View Post
with the power of his lord and savior, anything is possible!
Wow SMIGLET, you got me singing "My God is an awesome God.." just like Tebow does before games!

God Bless You.
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 AM   #1715
SMIGLET
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SMIGLET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SCAM GOAT
Posts: 14,838
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Can't wait for Tebow's next presser can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait

CANT WAIT
SMIGLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #1716
relderretep
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany,World
Posts: 3,540
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Wishing Peyton the best for Denver, I hope and think that he will add a ring or two.

Thanks for these great 14 years.
relderretep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #1717
SMIGLET
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SMIGLET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SCAM GOAT
Posts: 14,838
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Even if Peyton is full strength this year, I think Broncos are better pick for 2013 than 2012. Getting everyone on the offense to adjust to his perfect precision, play by play is gonna be pretty tough, especially after a season of Timbow running it every down. I predict plenty of false starts and a decent amount of illegal formations

Defense could use a couple additions as well
SMIGLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #1718
Jedi Speed Racer
old hand
 
Jedi Speed Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Josh Freezys nuts, Free JeffMaggert
Posts: 1,550
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Bronco fans should be ashamed of themselves
Jedi Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #1719
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 37,798
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-inMcLovin View Post
Tebow isn't "some QB", he's a unique athlete and a competitive force of nature.

How about legendary John Madden? Is his opinion good enough for you?



http://global.christianpost.com/news...-season-71716/
Did you really post a link from.....christianpost.com?

How are you not banned yet?
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #1720
Kneel B4 Zod
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kneel B4 Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,952
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

I wouldn't rule out Tebow being some kind of hybrid just based on his combine. his 40 time was on the lower end of RB's (but fine for a FB), these were his other comps with RB's:

3 cone drill: #1
20 yard shuttle: #9
Vertical jump: #3
Broad jump: #8
60 yard shuttle: #1

and he's like 235 pounds? that's a pretty great workout. I think he's a good enough athlete to do lots of things, but like throwing the ball I don't know if he has the skills
Kneel B4 Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #1721
GeoffRas22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GeoffRas22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Please God, let this be it...
Posts: 40,149
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

LOL at Tebow's short yard ability being overrated. He may be overrated in general but that part of his game just isn't. He was practically unstoppable running the QB option in short yardage spots. Remember all those huge plays (Dolphins 2 pt conversion comes to mind) where other teams knew it was coming and didn't come close to stopping it?
GeoffRas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #1722
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
lol @ all the religious hate in this thread. You hate how other people talk about it in regards to Tebow, but you can't help yourself to spew complete BS because you are so mad. Funny how that ends up making his religion even more of a big deal.

Manning obv > Tebow, but chim expecting any sb equity from broncos is lol. Hopefully someone will give TebowTime a chance, prob most interesting offensive game plan in the NFL I've ever seen. Lol though at Tebow going for a 1st. I'd doubt even a 2nd.
Krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #1723
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
Also lol @ saying Tebow can't develop a good throw. Didn't you see his huge progress throughout the season? Dude is a freak athleticly and will learn. Tebow ceiling >>> Mallet as a future QB.
Krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #1724
loveinvain
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,143
Re: Peyton Manning landing spot - it's Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
lol @ all the religious hate in this thread. You hate how other people talk about it in regards to Tebow, but you can't help yourself to spew complete BS because you are so mad. Funny how that ends up making his religion even more of a big deal.

Manning obv > Tebow, but chim expecting any sb equity from broncos is lol. Hopefully someone will give TebowTime a chance, prob most interesting offensive game plan in the NFL I've ever seen. Lol though at Tebow going for a 1st. I'd doubt even a 2nd.
In case you missed it, Denver just went from 75-1 to 8-1.

I agree Tebow is a huge talent. It would make complete sense for Denver to keep Tebow, let him learn from Manning etc. Tebow has improved a TON since he was drafted, keep him for now and see if he continues to improve would make complete sense.

But ... Tebowmania likely means that he will have to be shipped out. Really unfortunate but understandable. Too bad. Kind of ironic that Tebow's religion will end up costing him the opportunity to be groomed as the DEN QB for the future considering he brought it on himself. Tons of religious players in the NFL, but noone constantly rubs his religion in everyone's face the way Tebow does. Seriously, you want to believe god go for it but why does anyone else have to give a crap, STFU already. Had Tebow not shoved his beliefs in the nations face on national TV than there would be no need to get rid of him. And not just Denver but every other team will think twice and maybe thrice before letting Tebow take any snaps just cause of all the potential crap that comes with it. Could end up being a ton of talent going to waste specifically because he made his religion an issue.

GG Tebow.
loveinvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #1725
yowhatsup
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
lol @ all the religious hate in this thread. You hate how other people talk about it in regards to Tebow, but you can't help yourself to spew complete BS because you are so mad. Funny how that ends up making his religion even more of a big deal.

Manning obv > Tebow, but chim expecting any sb equity from broncos is lol. Hopefully someone will give TebowTime a chance, prob most interesting offensive game plan in the NFL I've ever seen. Lol though at Tebow going for a 1st. I'd doubt even a 2nd.
k
yowhatsup is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive