Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

View Poll Results: Who will win the Stanley Cup?
New York Rangers 14 11.02%
Ottawa Senators 8 6.30%
Chicago Blackhawks 27 21.26%
Minnesota Wild 12 9.45%
St. Louis Blues 8 6.30%
Montreal Canadiens 10 7.87%
Winnipeg Jets 1 0.79%
Tampa Bay Lightning 10 7.87%
WANGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 16 12.60%
Other aka Nashville or Anaheim 21 16.54%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #5476
Jimmy Proffett
SE's NFL Swami
 
Jimmy Proffett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Still rooting for the Yuccos
Posts: 20,418
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman fan View Post
Jimmy Proffett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #5477
ShimmyBasis
Pooh-Bah
 
ShimmyBasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Formerly Etats
Posts: 4,507
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Fun fact: There are only 2 teams in history that this year's Rangers would be dog against: The 1980 US Olympic team and the 1994 Rangers.
ShimmyBasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #5478
quarantined
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Overlook Hotel
Posts: 578
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyBasis View Post
Fun fact: There are only 2 teams in history that this year's Rangers would be dog against: The 1980 US Olympic team and the 1994 Rangers.
Don't forget the 1927 Yankees, Babe Ruth between the pipes, Lou Gehrig at power forward.
quarantined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #5479
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 52,005
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurn, son of Mogh View Post
"You know what it means when a puck hits the post? It means it missed the f'ing net" - Gerry Cheevers
"it means the goalie failed to see or block the puck on a huge scoring chance" would be more accurate
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #5480
Kurn, son of Mogh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rhode Island and Providence Plantat
Posts: 15,768
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
"it means the goalie failed to see or block the puck on a huge scoring chance" would be more accurate
Hey, I was a goalie (at about the same time as Cheevers) and I know it also means they got it past you. I just love the attitude.
Kurn, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #5481
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 52,005
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

then we agree
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #5482
Kurn, son of Mogh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rhode Island and Providence Plantat
Posts: 15,768
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

It means all of the above, but if in the goalie's own head it doesn't mean what Cheevers said, he's already beat.
Kurn, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #5483
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 52,005
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

my point is more than he's been beaten a lot, just lucky. lol
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #5484
Hammerhands
Pooh-Bah
 
Hammerhands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,989
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Has anyone done stats on posts? That must be where good shooters aim on great goaltenders.
Hammerhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #5485
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 37,798
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Damn, so Uhaul really did just slank on out? Weak.
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #5486
Geddy Lee
Good Ol' Canadian Boy
 
Geddy Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Obi-Sean, you're our only hope
Posts: 25,361
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Hey guys, sorry I've been away. Wanted to wait until I could write a proper eulogy but I didn't realize how much being an adult really sucks. I owe a lot of posts and a lot of content over the summer - I hope I can crush through a good chunk of it.

Wanted to say I couldn't be more proud of those boys. They had no business being in that series with the Ducks, but they damn well almost made a real go of it. Great experience for a young team, and with Treliving at the helm, I'm very excited for what the future will hold.

The Rangers/Caps 2p2 rivalry has produced some of our thread's highest quality work. Only fitting that the series lived up to the billing. Posters on both sides should be damn proud of their guys.

Ovie's gonna get his in this window. And it's gonna be Kuznetsov who rides shotgun, a la Mario & Jammy Jr. Mark my words.

Off to the cottage to drink some brews and share some laughs with friends. I highly suggest all y'all do the same to celebrate Ol' Vic with style, but be responsible - no drinking and driving. You'll find me at the campfire, guitar in hand, beltin' out some Hip.

Yours in May Long,
Geddy
Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:51 PM   #5487
antneye
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
antneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fighting for my right to play poker
Posts: 6,905
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy Lee View Post
Hey guys, sorry I've been away. Wanted to wait until I could write a proper eulogy but I didn't realize how much being an adult really sucks. I owe a lot of posts and a lot of content over the summer - I hope I can crush through a good chunk of it.

Wanted to say I couldn't be more proud of those boys. They had no business being in that series with the Ducks, but they damn well almost made a real go of it. Great experience for a young team, and with Treliving at the helm, I'm very excited for what the future will hold.

The Rangers/Caps 2p2 rivalry has produced some of our thread's highest quality work. Only fitting that the series lived up to the billing. Posters on both sides should be damn proud of their guys.

Ovie's gonna get his in this window. And it's gonna be Kuznetsov who rides shotgun, a la Mario & Jammy Jr. Mark my words.

Off to the cottage to drink some brews and share some laughs with friends. I highly suggest all y'all do the same to celebrate Ol' Vic with style, but be responsible - no drinking and driving. You'll find me at the campfire, guitar in hand, beltin' out some Hip.

Yours in May Long,
Geddy

:thumbup:
antneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #5488
Everlastrr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Everlastrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: @TheLeafsAreActuallyGood
Posts: 12,367
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurn, son of Mogh View Post
"You know what it means when a puck hits the post? It means it missed the f'ing net" - Gerry Cheevers
Troof
Everlastrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #5489
riverboatking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverboatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: trying to get out of my wheelchair
Posts: 23,244
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

I just can't comprehend wtf the nhl schedulers are high on.

just a giant **** you to west coast hockey fans, or do they just have such a low opinion of their product they figure **** it who cares let's just bury game 1 of ECF at 10am PST.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu NHL.
riverboatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #5490
sylar
Ivan Drago's homeslice
 
sylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Znaroks fan club
Posts: 20,311
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

i love morning hockey
sylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #5491
Rawlz517
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 58,075
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+1 to FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Not waking up at 11a to watch the game so I'll just record it and watch it when I get up.

Even 1p is "ugh, fine, I'll get up, but this is still dumb" territory.
Rawlz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #5492
rafiki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 37,798
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRawrsALot View Post
+1 to FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Not waking up at 11a to watch the game so I'll just record it and watch it when I get up.

Even 1p is "ugh, fine, I'll get up, but this is still dumb" territory.
What time do you typically wake up?
rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #5493
housenuts
1st Quartiled the 500
 
housenuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Laser eyes or HFSP
Posts: 44,079
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRawrsALot View Post

Not waking up at 11a to watch the game so I'll just record it and watch it when I get up.
Sick life bro
housenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #5494
nyc999
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
nyc999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18,538
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

I rather the game be on at 10-11am than 1pm. In the fall I actually enjoy 10am football when on the West Coast, and I've had the pleasure of early morning NFL when in Hawaii.
nyc999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:44 PM   #5495
prizminferno
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
prizminferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 15,638
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

USA-Russia is at 1 also

it's problem
prizminferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:48 PM   #5496
Rawlz517
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 58,075
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
What time do you typically wake up?


Quote:
Originally Posted by housenuts View Post
Sick life bro

I don't get home from work till like 5-530am. I usually wake up around 2pm or so.
Rawlz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:11 PM   #5497
brushbackz
old hand
 
brushbackz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,874
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Just got tickets to see Game 4 of the ECF. First playoff game I've seen since Game 5 of the 2000 Stanley Cup Finals. If you haven't seen that game, try and check out highlights from it, it was awesome. Let's go Lightning!
brushbackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:12 PM   #5498
prizminferno
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
prizminferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 15,638
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Devils were in it, doubt it was any good
prizminferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #5499
brushbackz
old hand
 
brushbackz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,874
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Triple OT, if the Devils win they win the Cup in Jersey. Was def good
brushbackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #5500
quarantined
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Overlook Hotel
Posts: 578
Re: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
Devils were in it, doubt it was any good
+infinity I recall paying to watch paint dry to avoid watching the Devils trap their way to Cups.
quarantined is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive