Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

View Poll Results: who rang?
Los Angeles Lakers 17 35.42%
Brooklyn Nets 6 12.50%
Milwaukee Bucks 3 6.25%
Los Angeles Clippers 4 8.33%
Boston Celtics 2 4.17%
Philadelphia 76ers 0 0%
Miami Heat 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 4 8.33%
Dallas Mavericks 6 12.50%
other (shoot your shot) 6 12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2021, 06:58 AM   #9576
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 42,958
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_USA View Post
Where they at now?
Itís one year, load management has been happening forever and Iím sure helped the Spurs and other teams win titles, itís not going away.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:15 AM   #9577
businessdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
businessdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,814
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1urker View Post
WHAT A WIN. Bogi hasn't hit a 3 since 'Nam and is completely compromised. But same thoughts I had last series: Just get to Game 5 at 2-2 and let's see what happens.

Solo with some HUGE minutes (a couple mistakes but to be expected) and even though it didn't work out bc Giannis made both, a great VETERAN FOUL late. Nate needs to solve for Jrue/Giannis PnR.

I think they will only use Reddish for a non-end of 4Q defensive possession at some point. But good to have him. He can be handsy in a good way on D.
I thought Nate might do that with Dunn, but I guess it's not something he likes to do.
businessdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:33 AM   #9578
jwd
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,579
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
It’s one year, load management has been happening forever and I’m sure helped the Spurs and other teams win titles, it’s not going away.
Yeah, not sure their point. Both conference finals are the 2 seed vs. the 4 seed. The regular season doesn't have enough incentives to go all out. Load managing is 100% correct for certain teams/players. I wish there were fewer regular season games with more incentives for higher seeds so the regular season would be more competitive.
jwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:43 AM   #9579
NotReddBoiler
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,182
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Trae let Giannis know that he's not that guy pal.
NotReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:00 AM   #9580
jmill
Freak you Bobo Fett
 
jmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth, Jupiter, Mars
Posts: 19,749
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Looks like Dean has seen the error of his ways:

jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:39 AM   #9581
jmill
Freak you Bobo Fett
 
jmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth, Jupiter, Mars
Posts: 19,749
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Hero View Post
Gotta say, I find Trae Young deeply unlikeable, like a prime Stephen Curry but cockier. He's been incredible and yet I'm always rooting for someone to punch him in the face.
Dude, Trae is FUN and is awesome for the NBA. I feel like there's a theme with you disliking players that are more expressive when they play.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #9582
LFC_USA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LFC_USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18,098
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Yeah, not sure their point. Both conference finals are the 2 seed vs. the 4 seed. The regular season doesn't have enough incentives to go all out. Load managing is 100% correct for certain teams/players. I wish there were fewer regular season games with more incentives for higher seeds so the regular season would be more competitive.
Yea it's more an indictment on the meaningless NBA regular season than anything that stars can sit out games whenever they feel like it, get paid for those games, and teams are just like ok cool whatever. I also find it incredibly satisfying that all the dudes who load managed are either hurt or out of the playoffs right now.
LFC_USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #9583
candybar
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,370
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill View Post
Dude, Trae is FUN and is awesome for the NBA. I feel like there's a theme with you disliking players that are more expressive when they play.
Yeah, Trae Young may be the most marketable young star in the game. He's got that Iverson-like swagger/confidence with the Curry-like babyface that appeals to kids. Him winning the championship and becoming the face of the league would be amazing.

Edit:

With that said, I think him being disliked by some fans is part of his overall appeal. In this day and age, it's not about being universally liked, it's about being able to generate engagement, positive and negative.

Last edited by candybar; 06-24-2021 at 11:12 AM.
candybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #9584
candybar
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,370
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_USA View Post
Yea it's more an indictment on the meaningless NBA regular season than anything that stars can sit out games whenever they feel like it, get paid for those games, and teams are just like ok cool whatever. I also find it incredibly satisfying that all the dudes who load managed are either hurt or out of the playoffs right now.
Other than Kawhi, who are you even referring to? Almost everyone is load managed by historical standards. I'd include Giannis and Chris Paul in the next tier of load managed stars after Kawhi.
candybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:20 AM   #9585
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 42,958
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

LFC is a known hater of a lot of big stars.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:20 AM   #9586
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,843
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #9587
LFC_USA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LFC_USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18,098
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by candybar View Post
Other than Kawhi, who are you even referring to? Almost everyone is load managed by historical standards. I'd include Giannis and Chris Paul in the next tier of load managed stars after Kawhi.
Kawhi and Kyrie the 2 big ones that jump out.
LFC_USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #9588
LFC_USA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LFC_USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18,098
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
LFC is a known hater of a lot of big stars.
Am I? Or does this just translate to he doesn't think LeBron is the GOAT which is for a separate thread?

I like lots of stars. Luka and Trae are awesome. DAME is the GOAT. KD is a ***** but he's tbpitw right now. Steph is incredible. Book is awesome. I'm not sure where this is coming from. I lol at a lot of max contracts for sure though.

Last edited by LFC_USA; 06-24-2021 at 12:15 PM.
LFC_USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:04 PM   #9589
vinivici9586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vinivici9586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,795
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Damn he got paid. I think itís a good sign he didnít force them to pay him at least 10 mil a year cuz itís totally arbitrary that 10 is 2 digits and 9 is 1. Curator of wholesomeness?!?
vinivici9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #9590
Rococo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rococo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,696
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by candybar View Post
With that said, I think him being disliked by some fans is part of his overall appeal. In this day and age, it's not about being universally liked, it's about being able to generate engagement, positive and negative.
Right. It's like this scene from the Howard Stern movie where the radio producer explains to Paul Giamatti that the people who claim to hate Howard Stern are tuning in for twice as long as the people who claim to like him.

Rococo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #9591
mavsfan4ever
old hand
 
mavsfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,513
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinivici9586 View Post
Damn he got paid. I think itís a good sign he didnít force them to pay him at least 10 mil a year cuz itís totally arbitrary that 10 is 2 digits and 9 is 1. Curator of wholesomeness?!?
Same salary he was making in Dallas. Right at $7 million per year.
mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #9592
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,843
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinivici9586 View Post
Damn he got paid. I think itís a good sign he didnít force them to pay him at least 10 mil a year cuz itís totally arbitrary that 10 is 2 digits and 9 is 1. Curator of wholesomeness?!?
I'm as much a fan of wholesome culture as you'll find, but Rick knows his way around a scrap

RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #9593
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 39,764
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinivici9586 View Post
Knew Dean hated Trae, so went to look up the chip equities and they deliver every time lolol

You're not supposed to @ Dean until 2029.

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill View Post
Looks like Dean has seen the error of his ways:

But but but.. if he was so (very) wrong about Trae.. could he have been wrong about solving dating too!?

The people of twitter demand to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
I love it! Let's go Pacers!
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #9594
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 39,764
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rococo View Post
Right. It's like this scene from the Howard Stern movie where the radio producer explains to Paul Giamatti that the people who claim to hate Howard Stern are tuning in for twice as long as the people who claim to like him.

****ing great post right there Rococo.

+1000 TZ Points

Edit: I liked Trae as a player when he came into the league, seemed like a good dude. Then I didn't like him when the Hawks faced the Knicks, but I respected his game and the role he was playing, as Kobe would say, "wearing the black hat". Now getting to root for him against the Bucks, I'm McLovin' it!

Last edited by All-inMcLovin; 06-24-2021 at 04:47 PM. Reason: I'm bringing back the TZ Points!
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:58 PM   #9595
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,294
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Hero View Post
Gotta say, I find Trae Young deeply unlikeable, like a prime Stephen Curry but cockier. He's been incredible and yet I'm always rooting for someone to punch him in the face.
I find him insufferable when he’s doing that to my team, which means I must really love him overall.

Overall these conference finals are all teams I’d love to see win and feel bad for if they fail.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #9596
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 39,764
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Ice Trae!!!



Spoiler:


Spoiler:

Last edited by All-inMcLovin; 06-24-2021 at 05:09 PM.
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:21 PM   #9597
NotReddBoiler
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,182
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021



Quote:
Originally Posted by All-inMcLovin View Post
Ice Trae!!!



Spoiler:


Spoiler:
NotReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #9598
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 39,764
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

And he only turns 23 in September !!!!!!

The future is BRIGHT for the Hawks!

CAW CAW!
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:37 PM   #9599
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 39,764
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Carlisle has said that Jason Kidd would be a great coach in Dallas because of how much similarity there was between JKidd's game and Luka's.
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:09 PM   #9600
muttiah
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
muttiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 24,312
Re: NBA Season Thread 2020-2021

Game 3 should be a classic! Suns in 4.
muttiah is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive