Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2017, 10:17 PM   #5126
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 22,249
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
I was in Newport while they were there. Shoulda crashed the party.


Totes magotes.

You should've channeled your inner Vince Vaughn.
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #5127
BDHarrison
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,024
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAY3R View Post
GALLO

Spoiler:
This is why I prefer to just kick someone in the balls (or the babymaker, if it's a woman).
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:01 AM   #5128
OmgGlutten!
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,243
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

man, lebron looks old as hell in those videos. looks like he is almost 40.
OmgGlutten! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:33 AM   #5129
Hellmuth was right
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 759
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
man, lebron looks old as hell in those videos. looks like he is almost 40.
Roids will do that

Last edited by Hellmuth was right; 07-31-2017 at 03:34 AM. Reason: He looks 45 at least
Hellmuth was right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:46 AM   #5130
JayTeeMe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JayTeeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The night shift
Posts: 25,347
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

he really does look old
JayTeeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #5131
Onlydo2days
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,295
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Hasn't he looked old since he was 19?
Onlydo2days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:29 PM   #5132
Zimmer4141
Wet
 
Zimmer4141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 26,587
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Random Question: Anybody know what the longest odds for an eventual NBA Champion were on the first day of the season?

Would like to exclude situations like KG to Celtics where when odds were released they were probably like 50-70/1 but got narrower after an offseason move.

Gotta imagine the 2011 Mavs were the longest, they were 12/1 at the start of the playoffs but can't find an article for preseason odds.
Zimmer4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #5133
OmgGlutten!
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,243
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

for the modern era i would guess the pistons would also be up there, considering the Lakers had the Malone/Payton lineup that went south to start the season.
OmgGlutten! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #5134
muttiah
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
muttiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 23,098
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
man, lebron looks old as hell in those videos. looks like he is almost 40.
Well, he is Greg Oden's father after all.
muttiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #5135
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 23,332
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

I was going to say he still looks younger than Greg Oden's rookie year.
that_pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:45 PM   #5136
mavsfan4ever
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,047
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer4141 View Post
Random Question: Anybody know what the longest odds for an eventual NBA Champion were on the first day of the season?

Would like to exclude situations like KG to Celtics where when odds were released they were probably like 50-70/1 but got narrower after an offseason move.

Gotta imagine the 2011 Mavs were the longest, they were 12/1 at the start of the playoffs but can't find an article for preseason odds.
i had a friend that bet on the Mavs at 25/1 that year. I can't remember if that was before the season started or before the playoffs started.
mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:03 PM   #5137
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 22,249
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4ever View Post
i had a friend that bet on the Mavs at 25/1 that year. I can't remember if that was before the season started or before the playoffs started.


That's a spicy meatball. Hopefully he bet a cool grand on it. NBA Offseason Thread 2017
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:39 PM   #5138
Onlydo2days
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,295
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

I'd think '04 Pistons would be up there. Got swept by the Nets the year before in ECF. Didn't get Sheed until midseason.

'14-15 GS is up there as well. They were a 6 seed that lost in rd 1 the year before.

Hmm, it's probably '14-15 GS unless you go back to the 70's or something but no clue if they even had futures then. Had SA, OKC, LAC, Houston and maybe even Portland all ranked ahead of them in that conf going into the '14-15 season.
Onlydo2days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:43 PM   #5139
DodgerIrish
Fraudulent Zodiac
 
DodgerIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: between overconfident and insecure
Posts: 18,945
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

What about Duncan's first?

It's the Warriors tho.
DodgerIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:43 AM   #5140
Wooders0n
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Wooders0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Party at the Moon Tower
Posts: 22,043
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Terrence Jones signing with a Chinese team for 1 million per year. Bizarre. He must just be really uppity in practice or something to be blacklisted like this. Hes a good modern day 4.
Wooders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:13 AM   #5141
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,654
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Replying to a comment on YouTube, Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant had one word in response to a fan who said Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James is the better player: "Nah."

Lollebeta


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #5142
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 36,856
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

jones had a lot of injuries and some fairly serious ones. maybe they took their toll
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #5143
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 22,249
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders0n View Post
Terrence Jones signing with a Chinese team for 1 million per year. Bizarre. He must just be really uppity in practice or something to be blacklisted like this. Hes a good modern day 4.


Maybe he ****ed LeBron's mom too?
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #5144
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 57,775
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcTiOnJaCsOn View Post
Replying to a comment on YouTube, Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant had one word in response to a fan who said Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James is the better player: "Nah."

Lollebeta


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swap the two players and the cavs get a lot worse. warriors def get better. its pretty clear who the better player is until lebron gets a bit older.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #5145
RebeccaTwigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: #freehoofball
Posts: 7,881
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
swap the two players and the cavs get a lot worse. warriors def get better. its pretty clear who the better player is until lebron gets a bit older.
both teams get worse imo. cavs a lot, warriors slighty.
RebeccaTwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #5146
vinivici9586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vinivici9586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,257
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Warriors get worse mostly because Lebron would disrupt their system and culture. Durant deserves some credit for integrating seamlessly with Warriors, and the disease of me hasn't hit them at all yet, but Lebron was literally pantomiming shooting himself in the face and then took a 2 week vacation in the first few months of his 2nd return to the cavs. I think part of that is because middle america lauded his phony letter so much and hated on Durant's move so much, that it gave Lebron a ton of rope to be a jackass, and Durant had to deliver immediately, but Lebron is going to leave an organization as a flaming dumpster fire for the 3rd time in 8 years this summer, so I think there's a fundamental issue there.

If you live in a world where you have perfect strategy/coach and there's no relationships, obv just take the 2nd goat and best talent.
vinivici9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #5147
GeoffRas22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GeoffRas22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: I got your back kid
Posts: 38,387
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
but Lebron is going to leave an organization as a flaming dumpster fire for the 3rd time in 8 years this summer, so I think there's a fundamental issue there.
This is flawed logic. LeBron would be leaving the organization "as a flaming dumpster fire" bc the teams are only as good as LeBron takes them. Not like there were chemistry problems in Cleveland the first time around or Miami. In fact Miami kept Wade+Bosh, replaced Bron with Luol Deng, AND got half seasons out of Goran Dragic & Hassan Whiteside...and still couldn't make the playoffs. This is the first time there have been perceived chemistry issues, and they seem to mostly fall on the shoulders of Kyrie and his "Mamba mentality". You're basically punishing LeBron for being able to make meh teams look like title contenders which is silly imo.
GeoffRas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #5148
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 57,775
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

lebron brought the team a title. lol at the rest of that bs.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #5149
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: People's champ
Posts: 24,484
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Yeah pretty sure you trade a title and 3-4 straight finals appearances for what they will be in a couple years... esp when you have Kyrie and Love on good deals and netting assets.

They'll be in a perfect position to tank
Seadood228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #5150
vinivici9586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vinivici9586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,257
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffRas22 View Post
This is flawed logic. LeBron would be leaving the organization "as a flaming dumpster fire" bc the teams are only as good as LeBron takes them. Not like there were chemistry problems in Cleveland the first time around or Miami. In fact Miami kept Wade+Bosh, replaced Bron with Luol Deng, AND got half seasons out of Goran Dragic & Hassan Whiteside...and still couldn't make the playoffs. This is the first time there have been perceived chemistry issues, and they seem to mostly fall on the shoulders of Kyrie and his "Mamba mentality". You're basically punishing LeBron for being able to make meh teams look like title contenders which is silly imo.
i don't think it's a coincidence that miami was able to shine up 5 d league players into like 200 million in contracts right when lebron leaves since they're no longer getting a gun held to their head. with wade aging quickly, miami had a fundamentally flawed blueprint, and was a dumpster fire waiting to happen, but LBJ definitely added some kerosene on the way out since miami drafted shabazz napier with his intentions in mind and had to wait out free agency 10 days longer than durant or hayward made their teams wait, mostly so lee jenkins could write a letter. if and when lebron leaves cleveland in 2018, they'll be just as gutted.

my larger point was that curry and durant let the coaches coach, the GMs GM and other stars share part of the spotlight. if you're building a super team it's not just about having players who can pass, it's about having players who take other considerations into mind on and off the court. they're not passive aggressively tweeting teammates and signing 1 year contracts in perpetuity while asking their teammates to make 4 year commitments. lebron james is a great teammate if you're richard jefferson, not if you're a star.
vinivici9586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online