Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

View Poll Results: Who's winning?
Heat in 4 11 9.24%
Heat in 5 34 28.57%
Heat in 6 21 17.65%
Heat in 7 6 5.04%
C's in 4 4 3.36%
C's in 5 0 0%
C's in 6 11 9.24%
C's in 7 8 6.72%
Heat in negative infinity 8 6.72%
lol East 16 13.45%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #1276
aura
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Emanating
Posts: 10,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
Rando got raped on that Wade "murder" play but laid down like he got shot leaving his team facing a 4 on 5 fastbreak to give Miami the lead. If that was Labron, he would have been on the foul line.

And the KG/Wade play at best could have gone either way, KG clearly extended his arms into Wade.
fyp

I hope you're not talking about the play where Wade kicked KG.

Let's get real here.
aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #1277
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlelou View Post
I am so glad I am not a C's fan. I just enjoy rooting against the Heat and i am sincerely upset. Sorry C's fan that one was just cruel.
i ain't even mad, that was a straight scintillating 3 hours of basketball and the c's played their asses off. as much as i would have appreciated a win, i can't say that i can really expect one when we're 8 point dogs and i appreciated the entertainment value of the game.
TheDean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #1278
seattlelou
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
seattlelou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 6'20" and killing for fun.
Posts: 31,605
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Yeah one of the neat MLB stories was when the ump blew that perfect game. He was legit sorry and the pitcher was so gracious.


Dean!- Good for you. A sound perspective on life!
seattlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #1279
Jake7777
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Jake7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,239
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
Rando got grazed on that Wade "murder" play but laid down like he got shot leaving his team facing a 4 on 5 fastbreak to give Miami the lead. If that was Labron, there would be 20 poasts saying yeah he got fouled but thats what he gets for being a flopping *****.
this can't be serious. At full speed he got clobbered. If that was Lebron the refs would have paused the NBA for a day to make sure he was good to go.
Jake7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 AM   #1280
aura
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Emanating
Posts: 10,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean1 View Post
i ain't even mad, that was a straight scintillating 3 hours of basketball and the c's played their asses off. as much as i would have appreciated a win, i can't say that i can really expect one when we're 8 point dogs and i appreciated the entertainment value of the game.
That's surprisingly subdued.

Good on ya.


Btw, you wouldn't happen to be a happy drunk, would you?
aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #1281
Bank
old hand
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brady is still the best
Posts: 1,509
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutangpoker View Post
I'm a Pacers fan. I might have some bias towards them, but yes, I thought the officiating was imbalanced in the Heat's favor, especially in games 1 and 4.

Now in this case, I'm completely ambivalent. I could care less who wins (in fact I've disliked the Cs for a long time)- I only want a fair series that is entertaining to watch. I have NO doubt that the officiating was massively tilted in the Heat's favor. NONE. And nor would you if Lebron James' dick wasn't so far up your ass that it's messing with your brain.
Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #1282
Fallen Hero
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fallen Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,320
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutangpoker View Post
I'm a Pacers fan. I might have some bias towards them, but yes, I thought the officiating was imbalanced in the Heat's favor, especially in games 1 and 4.

Now in this case, I'm completely ambivalent. I could care less who wins (in fact I've disliked the Cs for a long time)- I only want a fair series that is entertaining to watch. I have NO doubt that the officiating was massively tilted in the Heat's favor. NONE. And nor would you if Lebron James' dick wasn't so far up your ass that it's messing with your brain.
sick burn, you clearly win the argument
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #1283
Pwn_Master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pwn_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,780
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aura View Post
fyp

I hope you're not talking about the play where Wade kicked KG.

Let's get real here.
Yeah, refs have never missed a call against Labron, lol.

Umm yeah I am taking about that play, KG's arms are almost parallel he is reaching so much, was clearly trying to give the foul.
Pwn_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #1284
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
Rando got grazed on that Wade "murder" play but laid down like he got shot.
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #1285
jh12547
Pooh-Bah
 
jh12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
Yeah I'm not one to believe in outright riggage, but this league is definitely biased towards stars and high profile teams in general. What we saw today was unfortunate more than anything, but for this to happen twice in a row is just sad for the NBA.
The riggage in this league has been like this since the Jordan era and before. I used to watch tons of reg season games and pretty much all the playoffs. It's so out of control now that I maybe watch 5 games a year. This game tonight will be the last one I watch for quite some time.
jh12547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #1286
Pwn_Master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pwn_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,780
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Rando video was already poasted, yeah he def got him, but this is being clobbered? Yeah okay, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hBHjY-4sOUU
Pwn_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #1287
Jake7777
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Jake7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,239
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh12547 View Post
The riggage in this league has been like this since the Jordan era and before. I used to watch tons of reg season games and pretty much all the playoffs. It's so out of control now that I maybe watch 5 games a year. This game tonight will be the last one I watch for quite some time.
the season's way too long too, they mail it in everyday

this year's abridged season was 10x better
Jake7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #1288
Jake7777
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Jake7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,239
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
Rando video was already poasted, yeah he def got him, but this is being clobbered? Yeah okay, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hBHjY-4sOUU
at full speed he gets hit hard, he didn't flop at all imo
Jake7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #1289
aura
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Emanating
Posts: 10,048
Here's the the problem with that argument.

Let's say the refs miss twelve calls in favor of Rondo and two calls for lolbron AND call seven soft-ass fouls for lolbron and one for Rondo...

would you say this is fair?

Yet you say, "Oh, but they missed a call for lolbron that one time!"

You see how ridiculous that is when all calls are taken into account?
aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #1290
EYESCREW
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
EYESCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irrational Lakers lover
Posts: 11,574
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlelou View Post
I am so glad I am not a C's fan. I just enjoy rooting against the Heat and i am sincerely upset. Sorry C's fan that one was just cruel.
I couldn't have worded it better if I tried...
EYESCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #1291
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aura View Post
That's surprisingly subdued.

Good on ya.


Btw, you wouldn't happen to be a happy drunk, would you?
I don't know, I'm a happy drunk when I'm with people I like and having a good time. But I think I moreso tend to be a negative + irritable drunk, even when I'm in a generally happy life mood. I find it easy to stay positive when I'm thinking clearly, but when I'm drunk my thoughts always trend in the negative direction.
TheDean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #1292
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

LOL pwn master
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #1293
Henrik Sedin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Henrik Sedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: assisting your goals
Posts: 17,915
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

yeah Rondo got fouled for sure, but he did flop and lay there like a soccer player
Henrik Sedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #1294
Fallen Hero
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fallen Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,320
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aura View Post
Here's the the problem with that argument.

Let's say the refs miss twelve calls in favor of Rondo and two calls for lolbron AND call seven soft-ass fouls for lolbron and one for Rondo...

would you say this is fair?

Yet you say, "Oh, but they missed a call for lolbron that one time!"

You see how ridiculous that is when all calls are taken into account?
I realize this is a terrible game to bring up this argument but: I think almost everyone will agree Lebron is the superstar that gets the least calls, too big, too strong, call that the Shaq-effect
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 AM   #1295
EYESCREW
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
EYESCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Irrational Lakers lover
Posts: 11,574
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

You cannot fade bad officiating. Wade and LeBron get away with murder. Now the Celts have to play two perfect games at home to stay alive.
EYESCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #1296
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,760
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

he shot 24 FTs.

he also is one of the most aggressive defenders in the league, plays an assload of minutes, and commits less than 2 fouls a game.
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #1297
Pwn_Master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pwn_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,780
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7777 View Post
at full speed he gets hit hard, he didn't flop at all imo
You can get fouled and still flop. Rando laid on the ground trying to get the call (he was admittedly entitled to) instead of getting back on D. You can even see he is fine and looking back to see if it the ball goes in, then when it misses he is laying on the ground dead.
Pwn_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #1298
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Hero View Post
I think almost everyone will agree Lebron is the superstar that gets the least calls, too big, too strong, call that the Shaq-effect
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #1299
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

bet most of you guys will tune in for the next game
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #1300
Fallen Hero
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fallen Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,320
Re: NBA ECF: Heat vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
he shot 24 FTs.

he also is one of the most aggressive defenders in the league, plays an assload of minutes, and commits less than 2 fouls a game.
all true, but you got the point
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive