Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

View Poll Results: results of this series
cavs in 4 6 6.90%
cavs in 5 25 28.74%
cavs in 6 25 28.74%
cavs in 7 7 8.05%
celts in 4 2 2.30%
celts in 5 2 2.30%
celts in 6 8 9.20%
celts in 7 12 13.79%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #2426
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
You really want LeBron to start passing up open jumpers because he missed a few in the first half? He didn't know he was going to keep missing them all in the 2nd half. Anyway, this topic's been beaten to death. I'm officially done talking about it now.
nobody wants him to pass up open jumpers but go to the hole. If your unstoppable then why not create better shots is all we are saying. He was great all season at this but he didn't even try in the 2nd half. Oh and GM was kinda a big game afaik.
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #2427
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,797
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
lebron's character is good.
thats what is so upsetting about this. i mean, i woulda argued to the death the greatness of lebrons mental makeup. all his wim stuff used to piss me off so much. like literally make me shaking angry.

but, after last night, i am completely on the other side. i cant help but thinking i was way wrong.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #2428
Pwn_Master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pwn_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,780
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
You really want LeBron to start passing up open jumpers because he missed a few in the first half? He didn't know he was going to keep missing them all in the 2nd half. Anyway, this topic's been beaten to death. I'm officially done talking about it now.
Yes, layups, dunks, FTs, and wide open 3s for teammates that all result from attacking the lane are way, way, way better than nothing but 20 foot jumpers. DUCY?

Mixing some Js into his game is fine, but when that is his entire game at such a critical juncture that tells me he just does not give a ****. Any player in the game can just sit there and chuck up open long twos, that is not what makes Labron special.
Pwn_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #2429
Speel Posher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Speel Posher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: check me out, im grindin...
Posts: 7,355
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
awesome usage of machiavellian, btw.
yeah i was going to say something about it too.
Speel Posher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #2430
bottomset
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bottomset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: pray for mojo
Posts: 26,174
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
lebron's character is good. but does he have the discipline of the unc and duke kids? does he have the wim of the unc and duke kids? or is more like the ridiculously talented coach calipari types who put money first and winning second, and who historically haven't won anything in college or the nba? i'll still give lebron the benefit of the doubt, but the fact he's really close to scum.bags like calipari doesn't reflect highly on him.
duke players never leave after 1year because they are never good enough, if they were they probably would
bottomset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #2431
Stewie_Griffin
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 554
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
You really want LeBron to start passing up open jumpers because he missed a few in the first half? He didn't know he was going to keep missing them all in the 2nd half. Anyway, this topic's been beaten to death. I'm officially done talking about it now.
Is this a level? Of course the Celtics want Lebron taking 20 foot jumpers when he has missed ten of them on the night. They were intentionally giving him these shots. First you say "Well he shot 12 FTs" and then when someone points out he never went to the paint in the 2nd half you say "You want him to pass up 20 ft jumpers?". Make up your mind dude!
Stewie_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #2432
iggymcfly
runs good at HORSE
 
iggymcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 26,028
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
Anyway, this topic's been beaten to death. I'm officially done talking about it now.
So, who's pumped for Game 6? I'm gonna be playing the SCOOP 8-game stuff, but I'm probably going to have to get out of my office and bring my laptop down in front of the computer for game time. This is the first game all year where going into it, you know that there's going to be a huge shift in the landscape as to who's actually likely to win the title no matter what. I mean, yeah Game 5 was huge, but no one really was giving the Celtics much of a chance before tip so that was different. This is basically a 50/50 game where either the Cavs go back to being co-favorites to win it all or they're knocked out of the playoffs for good. Huge game tonight.

I'm really hoping LeBron can lead the Cavs to victory, but I've kinda got a nagging feeling that he's gonna go for like 37/9/8 and the Celtics will still win it 99-98 on a last second shot or something.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #2433
Strongsville
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,317
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

i don't see cavs winning at all today. boston will crush the cavs then get crushed by the magic and the magic will get crushed by the lakers who crush the suns. that's about it.
Strongsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #2434
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomset View Post
duke players never leave after 1year because they are never good enough, if they were they probably would
they don't? maggette left early. was deng a 1 and doner too?
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #2435
nbaaddict
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SE + BFI
Posts: 274
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
they don't? maggette left early. was deng a 1 and doner too?
i'm pretty young. i don't remember maggette or deng at duke. the point however is that coach k players tend to stay for longer than coach cal players. this is pretty indisputable.
nbaaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #2436
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

this is true since the 1 and done rule has been implemented Cal has feasted on getting those players and has had success doing it.

one and doners the last 10 years:

Wagner
Shawne Williams
Rose
Evans
Wall
Orton
Cousins

That's gotta more than any coach in America.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #2437
BiiiiigChips
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BiiiiigChips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 7,465
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
they don't? maggette left early. was deng a 1 and doner too?
Yeah Deng was a 1 and doner.

Coach K never had anyone leave early then in 99 Brand, Avery and Magette all left.

But yeah for the most part guys have been in for the long haul under coach K
BiiiiigChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #2438
BiiiiigChips
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BiiiiigChips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 7,465
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
So, who's pumped for Game 6? .
I was just telling my buddy that I haven't been this is probably the most excited I can ever remember being for an NBA game. I love the NBA and have followed it close for years but this one is on a different level. This game is so huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Cant wait.
BiiiiigChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #2439
Stewie_Griffin
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 554
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Coach K feeds them BS about an education. A smart person takes the millions when they are there for the taking.
Stewie_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #2440
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongsville View Post
i don't see cavs winning at all today. boston will crush the cavs then get crushed by the magic and the magic will get crushed by the lakers who crush the suns. that's about it.
ship, rinse, repeat
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #2441
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Victorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #2442
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,797
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
So, who's pumped for Game 6? I'm gonna be playing the SCOOP 8-game stuff, but I'm probably going to have to get out of my office and bring my laptop down in front of the computer for game time. This is the first game all year where going into it, you know that there's going to be a huge shift in the landscape as to who's actually likely to win the title no matter what. I mean, yeah Game 5 was huge, but no one really was giving the Celtics much of a chance before tip so that was different. This is basically a 50/50 game where either the Cavs go back to being co-favorites to win it all or they're knocked out of the playoffs for good. Huge game tonight.

I'm really hoping LeBron can lead the Cavs to victory, but I've kinda got a nagging feeling that he's gonna go for like 37/9/8 and the Celtics will still win it 99-98 on a last second shot or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiiiiigChips View Post
I was just telling my buddy that I haven't been this is probably the most excited I can ever remember being for an NBA game. I love the NBA and have followed it close for years but this one is on a different level. This game is so huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Cant wait.
i am dreading the prospect of this game.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #2443
Just a guy
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 361
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalapenoBag View Post
How much did you bet on the Celtics this series? From following the NBA thread, very few people picked a Lakers-Cavs finals.
i dont bet on sports.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #2444
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalapenoBag
How much did you bet on the Celtics this series? From following the NBA thread, very few people picked a Lakers-Cavs finals.
pretty sure this is false
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #2445
fulfilling dreams
grinder
 
fulfilling dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: your mini ftops rush turbo champ
Posts: 654
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

not sure if this has been said because i havent followed this thread but i just want to point out the difference here between lebron and kobe is that if kobe went 3 for 14, he would have put up at least another 15 shots to make sure he was having an off night.

that being said,this may be the last time cleveland fans ever get to see lebron in their jersey again.how scary is that?
fulfilling dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #2446
Pwn_Master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pwn_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,780
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilling dreams View Post
not sure if this has been said because i havent followed this thread but i just want to point out the difference here between lebron and kobe is that if kobe went 3 for 14, he would have tried to see if he could get away with raping a girl to make sure he was having an off night.

that being said,this may be the last time cleveland fans ever get to see lebron in their jersey again.how scary is that?
FYP
Pwn_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #2447
C-Viggity
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
C-Viggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GOOD FEELING
Posts: 28,618
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
this is true since the 1 and done rule has been implemented Cal has feasted on getting those players and has had success doing it.

one and doners the last 10 years:

Wagner
Shawne Williams
Rose
Evans
Wall
Orton
Cousins

That's gotta more than any coach in America.
All this really means is he's recruiting the best players
C-Viggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #2448
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,783
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

tomorrow morning's gonna be ROUGH.

asked to use my last 4 hours of comp time tomorrow morning, principal denied me because 2 people (ZOMG) already are using personal time.

i said, 'okaay, but you better have donuts ready'
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #2449
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,783
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

that said, biggest game i can remember. **** if it's thursday or not, just got back with 16oz 6-pack number 2, and was kicking myself for not getting an extra 24oz lol
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #2450
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Viggity View Post
All this really means is he's recruiting the best players
it also means WWW and Nike have got a ton of influence on most of these kids.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive