Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

View Poll Results: results of this series
cavs in 4 6 6.90%
cavs in 5 25 28.74%
cavs in 6 25 28.74%
cavs in 7 7 8.05%
celts in 4 2 2.30%
celts in 5 2 2.30%
celts in 6 8 9.20%
celts in 7 12 13.79%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #1101
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

rings aren't everything, this isn't mma/boxing/wrestling etc, basketball is a team sport where the quality of ur teammates matters a ton

if lbj suddenly got legit championship contending teammates around him and didn't win for a few years i'd def re-think my stance on putting him top 2 (especially if lbj played bad during the playoffs and his teammates played well), but having his current quality of teammates is just beyond horrible for a championship team.

infact can u think of a championship team since 1980 that had a worse supporting cast around them? In other words, take the teams best player off the team and then just look at the rest of the team, which is worse than the cavs? most are not even just better, they are FAR better

Last edited by EPiPeN11; 05-06-2010 at 04:13 PM.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #1102
C-Viggity
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
C-Viggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GOOD FEELING
Posts: 28,618
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstat View Post
1. MJ
2. Wilt
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. Shaq
7. Kobe
8. Erving
9. Duncan
10. Bill Russell

is mine fwiw but i just threw something up. prob will change with more time given.
lol you're the worst
C-Viggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #1103
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
rings aren't everything, this isn't mma/boxing/wrestling etc, basketball is a team sport where the quality of ur teammates matters a ton

if lbj suddenly got a legit championship contending teammates around him and didn't win for a few years i'd def re-think my stance on putting him top 2, but having his current quality of teammates is just beyond horrible for a championship team. infact can u think of a worse team in the past say 20 years that had a worse supporting cast around them? In other words, take the teams best player off the team and then just look at the rest of the team, which is worse than the cavs?
this is the thing. i agree that rings aren't everything BUT they kinda are. here's what i mean. if MJ hadn't ever won a single title. I highly doubt he ever makes it to top 5. It's all of the greatness in the playoffs/finals that had us in awe. Now say MJ never bitched and made the organization get him the help he needed do you think he would have stayed there? we will never know. but LBJ has a choice. If (within your point) LBJ doesn't get a team that he can win with and chooses to stay in Cleveland then thats on him. If he's a true competitor he's gonna play where he has the best chance to win. The responsibility of being a champion truly does fall on his shoulders imo. I'm not a hater that doesn't realize that he's incredibly talented but for us if you don't win it all its a failed season and career.
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #1104
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Viggity View Post
lol you're the worst
yeah but your hawks are still worst
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #1105
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstat View Post
this is the thing. i agree that rings aren't everything BUT they kinda are. here's what i mean. if MJ hadn't ever won a single title. I highly doubt he ever makes it to top 5.
maybe in ur world, u overrate rangz in a team sport. only ways this could be true is if he kept the same bulls teams he won a bunch of titles with and kept choking during the playoffs over and over due to his really bad play and not his teammates.

even jordan needed pippen (a top 30 player of all time) plus great post defense in grant/rodman to win a ton of titles, before that he kept losing in the playoffs. if he kept the same losing cast he had before pippen and didn't win any rangz hes still the goat.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #1106
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Doing a top ten list is stupid because we didn't see those guys play.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #1107
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
maybe in ur world, u overrate rangz. only ways this could be true is if he kept the same bulls teams he won a bunch of titles with and kept choking during the playoffs over and over due to his really bad play and not his teammates.

even jordan needed pippen (a top 30 player of all time) plus great post defense in grant/rodman to win a ton of titles, before that he kept losing in the playoffs
i totally agree with that but he didn't have that at first and he was very vocal about getting the help. Now lbj is doing that. but if the best they can do is what they have now then i just would assume either lbj forces them to get the help if its not enough or he goes somewhere that he does get it. and i do think he will get a ring but i don't think its gonna happen this year and until it happens i can't put him on #2. I was tempted to put him at #10 tbh but i wouldnt do that just yet. another couple of years even with out a ring and he's at least #9 imo.
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #1108
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
Doing a top ten list is stupid because we didn't see those guys play.
thats just dumb. but even still i saw 7/10 play.
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #1109
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Oh, so you're old. Well that explains it.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #1110
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
Oh, so you're old. Well that explains it.
sure 33 could be considered old.
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #1111
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

On the Internet, 33 is like 70.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #1112
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

plus i have older brothers so i was watching larry vs bird from a yute.
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #1113
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
On the Internet, 33 is like 70.
yeah i get it thats why i said sure.
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #1114
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstat View Post
plus i have older brothers so i was watching larry vs bird from a yute.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #1115
alexstat
veteran
 
alexstat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Got your Clutch sample size!
Posts: 3,442
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
lol
alexstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #1116
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

I love how "meaningful game" automatically equals "NBA Title". Labrawn has won plenty of meaningful games.
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #1117
Fallen Hero
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fallen Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,422
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

As a Spurs fan I take huge offense in any list that has Kobe ahead of Duncan
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #1118
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Hero View Post
As a Spurs fan I take huge offense in any list that has Kobe ahead of Duncan
As you should.
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #1119
Strongsville
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,317
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

there's been only 1 team in the last 25 years that has won a championship with just 1 all star. that was the 93-94 rockets. the only reason they won was because they faced the knicks who only had 1 all star as well with patrick ewing.

just saying.
Strongsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #1120
i think ill pass
grinder
 
i think ill pass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 497
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

im just curious where u ******s put garnett on these lists, not that i respect any of your ******ed opinions, but just trying to understand your ****** thought processes because it intrigues me. i find it odd that anyone puts duncan ahead of garnett. garnett had some of the worst teams ever in minnesota during the prime of his career. if garnett had the supporting cast duncan did, it wouldnt have been fair.
i think ill pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #1121
aufan91
adept
 
aufan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 775
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by i think ill pass View Post
im just curious where u ******s put garnett on these lists, not that i respect any of your ******ed opinions, but just trying to understand your ****** thought processes because it intrigues me. i find it odd that anyone puts duncan ahead of garnett. garnett had some of the worst teams ever in minnesota during the prime of his career. if garnett had the supporting cast duncan did, it wouldnt have been fair.
lol

Epi where would russell be in your top 100?
aufan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #1122
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,789
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by i think ill pass View Post
im just curious where u ******s put garnett on these lists, not that i respect any of your ******ed opinions, but just trying to understand your ****** thought processes because it intrigues me. i find it odd that anyone puts duncan ahead of garnett. garnett had some of the worst teams ever in minnesota during the prime of his career. if garnett had the supporting cast duncan did, it wouldnt have been fair.
i think bobbo has garnett higher. apm ftw obv.

i dont really have a problem with saying garnett>dunan, kobe. they are all really close.

btw, itip, where do you put kobe in relation to duncan and garnett?
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #1123
Fallen Hero
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fallen Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,422
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by i think ill pass View Post
im just curious where u ******s put garnett on these lists, not that i respect any of your ******ed opinions, but just trying to understand your ****** thought processes because it intrigues me. i find it odd that anyone puts duncan ahead of garnett. garnett had some of the worst teams ever in minnesota during the prime of his career. if garnett had the supporting cast duncan did, it wouldnt have been fair.
there was a "player of the decade" thread a while ago and garnett seemed to get the #2 spot behind Duncan, so he's probably high

and CO, you just stole a game in Cleveland, lighten up
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #1124
TheUntouchable
banned
 
TheUntouchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23,975
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by i think ill pass View Post
im just curious where u ******s put garnett on these lists, not that i respect any of your ******ed opinions, but just trying to understand your ****** thought processes because it intrigues me. i find it odd that anyone puts duncan ahead of garnett. garnett had some of the worst teams ever in minnesota during the prime of his career. if garnett had the supporting cast duncan did, it wouldnt have been fair.
Was actually going to just post something like this but refrained because we had this argument in the decade thread. Garnett might be the most underrated player of all-time, and I hate his guts.
TheUntouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #1125
Fallen Hero
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fallen Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 21,422
Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs: Cavaliers vs Celtics

While Duncan is very likely around the top10 some where it's not really fair to a guy with Duncan's career to say "if you swap them Garnett would have a bunch of rings/finals MVP", it's guess work, what we do know is that he's a very comparable player defensively and not my cup of tea offensively, but effective none the less, he did however spend most of his career playing in a really crappy team and I certainly don't need to copy paste what you posted minutes ago in another thread right?
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive