Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 12:25 AM   #1
ReddBoiler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ReddBoiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sorry I'm a Champion
Posts: 35,150
Heart NBA Draft 2018

I've been itching for discussion for next years draft so decided to jumpstart the thread.

Here are the contenders for #1 pick overall



7'8 wingspan reminds me of those tall inflatable men with the long wavy arms. That physical profile my lord.



My personal favorite to be the #1 pick. A 6'9 point forward with high level skill and athleticism. Imagine if Ben Simmons had a jumper, that's Michael Porter JR. Best prospect in years.



Doncic is a legit 6'7-6'8 point guard. Dean seems to love him.


Diallo is a long shot for #1 but his elite athleticism could pair very nicely with an advanced skills at if that's what we see at UK this season. Was probably a first round pick had he stayed last season.



I dunno. Looks like a big athletic soab with some potential skill. Worth a look this early.
ReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:32 AM   #2
ReddBoiler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ReddBoiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sorry I'm a Champion
Posts: 35,150
re: NBA Draft 2018

If Marvin Bagley is eligible for the draft, he's probably the overwhelming favorite to be the #1 pick. He's re-classing to try and be a frosh

ReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:52 AM   #3
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 46,591
re: NBA Draft 2018

in for doncic slurping
Krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:01 AM   #4
ut2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ut2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Religion in the fack killed my soul
Posts: 38,270
re: NBA Draft 2018

Watching all the 2 min videos, would go with Marvin Bagley.

Didn't see a Labron or KD.
ut2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:22 AM   #5
ReddBoiler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ReddBoiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sorry I'm a Champion
Posts: 35,150
re: NBA Draft 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ut2010 View Post
Watching all the 2 min videos, would go with Marvin Bagley.

Didn't see a Labron or KD.
Is there something specifically that would chase you away from MPjr as the #1 pick? He seems pretty obvious to me, outside Bagley being eligible.
ReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:27 AM   #6
chuckleslovakian
LYNCH DURRON597
 
chuckleslovakian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saving Sinners
Posts: 33,823
re: NBA Draft 2018

This class underwhelms me. I hope I am wrong since this is the most dependent Kentucky has ever been on freshman. No really, that last sentence is true.
chuckleslovakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #7
ut2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ut2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Religion in the fack killed my soul
Posts: 38,270
re: NBA Draft 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddBoiler View Post
Is there something specifically that would chase you away from MPjr as the #1 pick? He seems pretty obvious to me, outside Bagley being eligible.
An idiot when it comes to scouting basketball, but watched the Porter Jr vs Dennis Smith Jr video and saw two humans playing. Not that MPJ couldn't be a #1 pick but seeing Durant at 17 in person, Porter is not at that level and never will be.
ut2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #8
ReddBoiler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ReddBoiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sorry I'm a Champion
Posts: 35,150
re: NBA Draft 2018

I honestly think this year's class blows last years put of the water. Last years was deep and good bit this year's has like 5 prospects who could go #1. Think this is the best draft class of all time.
ReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:39 AM   #9
ReddBoiler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ReddBoiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sorry I'm a Champion
Posts: 35,150
re: NBA Draft 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ut2010 View Post
An idiot when it comes to scouting basketball, but watched the Porter Jr vs Dennis Smith Jr video and saw two humans playing. Not that MPJ couldn't be a #1 pick but seeing Durant at 17 in person, Porter is not at that level and never will be.
Michael Porter JR is a better prospect than Ben Simmons and he very well may go 5th overall. This might honestly be the best draft class of all time.
ReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:20 AM   #10
RebeccaTwigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: #freehoofball
Posts: 8,001
re: NBA Draft 2018

this isnt even close to 03 though.
RebeccaTwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 AM   #11
Palo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Palo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,569
re: NBA Draft 2018

I don't see the comparison of Porter to Simmons. He can shoot but isn't remotely close as an athlete, ball handler, or passer based on that high light video. Looks more like a slightly taller and more athletic Lonzo Ball but again not as good a ball handler or passer.
Palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:24 AM   #12
mcb33f
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mcb33f's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: #theprocess
Posts: 6,644
re: NBA Draft 2018

mo bamba sounds like seth rogen lol
mcb33f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #13
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 87,383
re: NBA Draft 2018

LOL doncic

if Bagley is in the draft he will be the #1 over the euro
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 41,573
re: NBA Draft 2018

jaren jackson jr is pretty damn intriguing

he's really young, super long, can protect the rim and shoot
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #15
TheQuietAnarchist
Formerly xorbie
 
TheQuietAnarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,717
re: NBA Draft 2018

loving the fact that picking anywhere in the top 5 gives you an excellent chance at a skilled big.
TheQuietAnarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #16
yellowfever
Pooh-Bah
 
yellowfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: its warm
Posts: 4,329
re: NBA Draft 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckleslovakian View Post
This class underwhelms me. I hope I am wrong since this is the most dependent Kentucky has ever been on freshman. No really, that last sentence is true.
Yeah im with you. This class at the moment doesnt excite me like the last one did. Not as excited about the Euro as others. All the other top prospects in this class are just meh.

Another thing all the top guys outside of Doncic are kind of old. Fultz is the same age as these guys. Miles Bridges is a sophomore and hes the same age. These bigs just not doing it for me currently. Maybe Bagley joins in and makes it a better class fig he would be the projected top pick if he does.
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #17
ReddBoiler
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ReddBoiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sorry I'm a Champion
Posts: 35,150
re: NBA Draft 2018



Elite athleticism. Ugly jump shot that probably won't go in very much at the college level lol but the thought of tricky tre becoming a thing as a nickname is enough to vault him into top 10 contention alone
ReddBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #18
TheQuietAnarchist
Formerly xorbie
 
TheQuietAnarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,717
re: NBA Draft 2018

you guys who arent too pumped about the draft, how would you rate the top 3 bigs (bagley, ayton, bomba) in comparison to KAT, prospect wise?
TheQuietAnarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #19
RebeccaTwigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: #freehoofball
Posts: 8,001
re: NBA Draft 2018

bagley prob close to kat ( i dont know a lot of about prospect ball), the rest i dont think are even close.
RebeccaTwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #20
yellowfever
Pooh-Bah
 
yellowfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: its warm
Posts: 4,329
re: NBA Draft 2018

Kat was such a lock to be good coming into the draft I dont think any of these guys are going to end up at that level of prospect. Bagley is pretty highly regarded as a prospect though so if anyone would it would be him. Kat wasnt expected to be a lock nba number 1 coming into college from high school.

I do like Bamba on the defensive side of the ball at least. Hes going to be a monster rim protector. Just lacking offense.

I'm actually liking the class after this season. Bagley is currently number 1 so have to see if he comes into this years class or stays. R.J. Barrett the number 1 prospect in 19 just changed to 2018 he could be a star one day. Going to have Bol Bol and a couple other interesting prospects as well.
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:40 PM   #21
mcb33f
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mcb33f's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: #theprocess
Posts: 6,644
re: NBA Draft 2018

1on1 bamba v ayton



ayton clearly has a lot better feel iyam
mcb33f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #22
Velocity
Pooh-Bah
 
Velocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I-O-W-A
Posts: 5,845
re: NBA Draft 2018

Doncic seems really good and will be undervalued because everyone watches the other guys tear up LOL college.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:25 AM   #23
mcb33f
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mcb33f's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: #theprocess
Posts: 6,644
re: NBA Draft 2018

looking at those vids ayton looks the best to me, he basically looks to be a really high skill level + feel guy and he's athletic enough and long enough to play c (7'5 ws). imo if ayton is a really good defender, which it looks like he has the tools and feel to be, he's got #1 potential as a dude who basically does everything well

porter apparently shoots 80+ from the line, shot 47 from 3 his snr yr of hs. his form just looks perfect too, the guy is clearly gonna be an elite shooter. he seems to have no real shake to his game yet but when you can shoot off the dribble at that height you can get away with a lot of rough edges. seems athletic enough to be a good defender and play both 3/4 - doesn't strike as a high wim guy tho tbh

doncic's skill level is probs the best of anyone but obviously not as good of an athlete. on d, at least as a pg, he has enough length that he could be fine guarding other pgs as long as he has smarts+wim which it seems like he does. and he's still gonna have switchability, which is good for scheming and also means you can hide him easily. with his athleticism offensively, like even by euro standards he's not blowing anyone away, but he still has pretty good 2pt% which is a good sign for feel+skill making up for any athletic disadvantages (altho it's worse in euroleague than acb). his career 3% is 36%, that seems really good for age/shot difficulty (i assume? seems like he takes a lot of 3s off the dribble)

i'm guessing bagley is awesome in other vids but that one didn't really blow me away


i feel like totally ignoring boards this yr since dx is now espn insider content

Last edited by mcb33f; 08-05-2017 at 07:51 AM.
mcb33f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #24
mutigers
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mutigers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 35,960
re: NBA Draft 2018

I saw dean is not a big fan of porter Iirc on Twitter what's the beef against him? I don't have a scouts eye and don't usually give a **** about college sports or drafts In general but since he is going to mizzou I'm feelin to catch a few games live this year and pretty stoked to see him. I remember seeing him on a highlight video dunking from right inside free throw line in 2014 I didn't actually think he would go to miZZOU
mutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:02 AM   #25
scarykate
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25
re: NBA Draft 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb33f View Post
looking at those vids ayton looks the best to me, he basically looks to be a really high skill level + feel guy and he's athletic enough and long enough to play c (7'5 ws). imo if ayton is a really good defender, which it looks like he has the tools and feel to be, he's got #1 potential as a dude who basically does everything well

porter apparently shoots 80+ from the line, shot 47 from 3 his snr yr of hs. his form just looks perfect too, the guy is clearly gonna be an elite shooter. he seems to have no real shake to his game yet but when you can shoot off the dribble at that height you can get away with a lot of rough edges. seems athletic enough to be a good defender and play both 3/4 - doesn't strike as a high wim guy tho tbh

doncic's skill level is probs the best of anyone but obviously not as good of an athlete. on d, at least as a pg, he has enough length that he could be fine guarding other pgs as long as he has smarts+wim which it seems like he does. and he's still gonna have switchability, which is good for scheming and also means you can hide him easily. with his athleticism offensively, like even by euro standards he's not blowing anyone away, but he still has pretty good 2pt% which is a good sign for feel+skill making up for any athletic disadvantages (altho it's worse in euroleague than acb). his career 3% is 36%, that seems really good for age/shot difficulty (i assume? seems like he takes a lot of 3s off the dribble)

i'm guessing bagley is awesome in other vids but that one didn't really blow me away


i feel like totally ignoring boards this yr since dx is now espn insider content
Agree with a lot of this but not sure why you feel like Porter lacks wim. Took a high school team that won like 3 games the year before to an undefeated season in a tough Seattle league and also traveled the country playing all of the best teams including Bagley's team.
scarykate is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online