Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #14576
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
^^^ This is why your JR Smith arguments were so bad. You brought nothing to the table except half truths and baseless opinions. At least come to the table with some type of evidence, like KC did.
OMG YOU DIDN'T SEE THE SCOUTING VIDEO FROM THE NUGZ BLOG BRING SOMETHING TO THE TABLE!!!!
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #14577
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I'm fairly certain a face melter will be picked within the next 10 picks that makes this look bad.
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #14578
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Are JoA and BigChips online by any chance? Would love to get my pick in tonight and not make you guys all wait a day while I play tomorrow.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #14579
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
OMG YOU DIDN'T SEE THE SCOUTING VIDEO FROM THE NUGZ BLOG BRING SOMETHING TO THE TABLE!!!!
Dschmed?
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #14580
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
^^^ This is why your JR Smith arguments were so bad. You brought nothing to the table except half truths and baseless opinions. At least come to the table with some type of evidence, like KC did.
Its hilarious that you are talking **** on mine and others opinion on JR Smith when the crux of your argument was "well then you obviously don't know enough about him or watch him" which is the laziest argument possible. I watched him in HS, I've followed his career closely, etc. But because I disagree with your homerish opinion of Nuggets players I don't know what I'm talking about. If thats your definition of bringing something to the table I am glad I'm empty handed.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #14581
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
Dschmed?
Sick burn.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #14582
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
I'm fairly certain a face melter will be picked within the next 10 picks that makes this look bad.
I'm not denying that, nor am I saying that Nene is a steal or anything like that. I was probably going to take him next round though. I'm not going to get all Epip and claim he's the best player in the NBA, but he's extremely complete when he's on the court, which is obv the biggest concern.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #14583
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
I'm not denying that, nor am I saying that Nene is a steal or anything like that. I was probably going to take him next round though. I'm not going to get all Epip and claim he's the best player in the NBA, but he's extremely complete when he's on the court, which is obv the biggest concern.
You said that saying he is good defensively is an understatement, right behind the best defensive bigs, and extremely good offensively.

You pretty much described a perennial all star.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #14584
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
Its hilarious that you are talking **** on mine and others opinion on JR Smith when the crux of your argument was "well then you obviously don't know enough about him or watch him" which is the laziest argument possible. I watched him in HS, I've followed his career closely, etc. But because I disagree with your homerish opinion of Nuggets players I don't know what I'm talking about. If thats your definition of bringing something to the table I am glad I'm empty handed.
This is completely false. Go back and read the conversation, I never said "I've watched him more so I know." Jesus, you even tried to claim this back then and nobody bought it. I'll paraphrase in case you forgot. After you asked basic questions about JR's lack of minutes, questions that anyone who had a clue about his play this year should know, I questioned whether you'd watched JR play recently, which you admitted to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
You said that saying he is good defensively is an understatement, right behind the best defensive bigs, and extremely good offensively.

You pretty much described a perennial all star.
I also described a great role player, what's your point? Why do you insist on twisting words around? I said him being "pretty good" defensively was an understatement, and then I used an example to evidence that. I never said "he is right behind TD and KG defensively." Seriously, it's communicating with that annoying friend who takes every word you've written and tries to twist it to their advantage.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #14585
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Clark, you know you're up right?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude....I just saw you post here without acknowleding that it was your pick and now I havn't heard from you in the past 45 or so minutes.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #14586
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Clark, you know you're up right?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude....I just saw you post here without acknowleding that it was your pick and now I havn't heard from you in the past 45 or so minutes.
I'm pretty sure he knows it's his pick. He just had to re-do his writeup because he chose Nene
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #14587
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

**** this thread. The homerism and the circle jerking is insane, and Seadood you are by far the worst. So a big **** you to you.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #14588
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Hey all... I really like Nene. I understand he has downfalls, like everyone else at this point in the draft. I will write the writeup after I shower, since I just got home from basketball.

I'm somewhat surprised a few guys (Clark, KC, Franchise) are disliking the pick at first glance, because he's the type of player those guys tend to like. I expected heat from Nopairparker, MEbenhoe, bjlnyk, etc.

Again, I really wanted "the Energizer". But I was one pick too late, and Nene was the guy I wanted 2nd, even though I felt he was very close to a bunch of other guys. I think he'll work for my team.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #14589
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
**** this thread. The homerism and the circle jerking is insane, and Seadood you are by far the worst. So a big **** you to you.
EPeen needs to show up soon, he's apparently been forgotten.
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #14590
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
**** this thread. The homerism and the circle jerking is insane, and Seadood you are by far the worst. So a big **** you to you.
How is liking Nene and JR homerism? Did you see what I said about Melo, AI, and Camby? Seriously dude you need to chill because you are making absurd statements.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #14591
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
Hey all... I really like Nene. I understand he has downfalls, like everyone else at this point in the draft. I will write the writeup after I shower, since I just got home from basketball.

I'm somewhat surprised a few guys (Clark, KC, Franchise) are disliking the pick at first glance, because he's the type of player those guys tend to like. I expected heat from Nopairparker, MEbenhoe, bjlnyk, etc.

Again, I really wanted "the Energizer". But I was one pick too late, and Nene was the guy I wanted 2nd, even though I felt he was very close to a bunch of other guys. I think he'll work for my team.
Hurry up with your writeup, and I'll explain why I think Nene is much better than Gatling, especially for your team.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #14592
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Because you like them way to much, and you're a nuggets fan?
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #14593
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
Because you like them way to much, and you're a nuggets fan?
I like them because they are good imo, and feel that I've got a large enough sample size. I don't like AI, Camby, and Kenyon for this team, and have reservations about Melo, so does that make me a Nugs hater?

Yes I'm a fan, and a pretty critical one at that.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #14594
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
You didn't read the posts I linked, and probably didn't watch the scouting vid, yet you feel that you can accurately comment on his game?
A+
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #14595
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

If Camby, Nene and Kenyon are all good defenders why is Denver bad defensively.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #14596
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
If Camby, Nene and Kenyon are all good defenders why is Denver bad defensively.
Nene missed significant time; Denver actually was fairly average defensively; Melo, JR, etc. are below average defensively.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #14597
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
How is liking Nene and JR homerism? Did you see what I said about Melo, AI, and Camby? Seriously dude you need to chill because you are making absurd statements.
Do I have to repost your comments on the Lakers/Nuggest at the end of the NBA Regular Season thread again?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #14598
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Clark, you know you're up right?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude....I just saw you post here without acknowleding that it was your pick and now I havn't heard from you in the past 45 or so minutes.
Been at work and won't have a pick til tomorrow morning as I have an engagement tonight.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #14599
Jack of Arcades
Jumbo Jack
 
Jack of Arcades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Bastion
Posts: 23,569
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

lol I'm a ******
Jack of Arcades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #14600
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
A+
LOL at trying to prove a point by bringing up a post that has nothing to do with what you're trying to prove. Nice try though. All you need now is better reading comprehension.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive