Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #13501
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

lol - he still argues when everyone is clearly trying to stop this epip madness.

Quote:
everyone:
Youre right epipen, now just stop posting.

epipen:
you guys havnt even defined "right" properly...look at my last 50 posts for clarification.

everyone:
ok - youre right - now just stop posting.

epip:
you dont get it do u?...Im not wrong. Which makes me right. Also - if you dont believe that post - let me tell you this: Im smarter and richer than all of you...except maybe 2 of you guys (see?...Im modest).

everyone:
who cares. Just stop derailing this thread.

epip:
McHale is god.

everyone:
shut up

epip:
never

everyone:
yes

epip:
fair point...but never.

everyone:
too bad we cant ask for bans

epip:
Mchale is god.

everyone:
define god. oops, we got caught in the epip madness.
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #13502
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

No, I'm not wrong. You just refuse to see anyone's points though, so its pointless.

People bring up that Perk gets in foul trouble a lot and you say that Rivers just doesn't play him enough and that its not him getting quick fouls and then getting pulled.

People bring up that KG and Allen being added to the team helped Perk go from an inefficient offensive player and average defender to very good defender and efficient player, and you say that everyone's overestimating how much that helped.

People bring up stats, and you say that you've seen him play and we havn't(lol) and you have to watch the games to see things stats can't tell you.


Basically no matter what anyone says, you'll refuse to budge. You make ridiculous excuses for every one of your picks' shortcomings. Even though I make a post saying that overall I like your pick but then point out some negative aspects of it, you'll never simply agree...you always feel as if that post is some sort of attack and your pick and then make a million excuses to defend it.

Its really no fun arguing with someone who refuses to even accept the fact that he might just be wrong. Sorry. If you want to take that as me admitting that I'm wrong, then so be it. You win.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #13503
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARK DOCTOR View Post
lol - he still argues when everyone is clearly trying to stop this epip madness.
Ya cause that's exactly how it went...anyway i'm sure ull get laughs from at least 10 of the people who love trolling me yet can't actually back up anything they say....kinda like urself.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #13504
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

and despite the fact that xorbie, Shark Doctor, and myself all pretty much just said the same thing, EPeen still won't get it and see what hes doing. Its amazing how delirious someone can be.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #13505
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
No, I'm not wrong. You just refuse to see anyone's points though, so its pointless.
And you refuse to see mine, when have u ever admited u were wrong in an argument with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
People bring up that Perk gets in foul trouble a lot and you say that Rivers just doesn't play him enough and that its not him getting quick fouls and then getting pulled.
I never said he never gets in foul trouble, it just isn't the main reason he doesn't play 30 mpg, that is Doc. I don't see how anyone logical can dispute that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
People bring up that KG and Allen being added to the team helped Perk go from an inefficient offensive player and average defender to very good defender and efficient player, and you say that everyone's overestimating how much that helped.
I agreed about the offensive part, infact i've said it multiple times. However it def didn't help his defense nearly as much as you people claim, and even if he did (which it didn't), I will be surrounding him with just as good, if not a better defensive supporting cast than the Celtics have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
People bring up stats, and you say that you've seen him play and we havn't(lol) and you have to watch the games to see things stats can't tell you.
I am still waiting you to link me those stats which can accurately show how good a persons pick and roll defense is, and 1v1 defense is...i'm waiting and have asked u at least 3 times now since the stat sheet obv shows u this like u claim, and watching the games doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Basically no matter what anyone says, you'll refuse to budge. You make ridiculous excuses for every one of your picks' shortcomings. Even though I make a post saying that overall I like your pick but then point out some negative aspects of it, you'll never simply agree...you always feel as if that post is some sort of attack and your pick and then make a million excuses to defend it.
When have I made any excuses about Perkins offense? You and others make a wrong point that KG is the reason Perkins is a very good/great defender but then say I like your pick. Obv this is a ridiculously extreme example, but imagine if I said I like your Duncan pick but he wasn't a great defensive player, what would u say? You'd argue it obv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Its really no fun arguing with someone who refuses to even accept the fact that he might just be wrong. Sorry. If you want to take that as me admitting that I'm wrong, then so be it. You win.
Again, when have u ever admited u were wrong in an argument with me (and we've had countless)
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #13506
TheQuietAnarchist
Formerly xorbie
 
TheQuietAnarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,826
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion



NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO
TheQuietAnarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #13507
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

EPeen,

I'm done arguing with you. If you want to take that as me admitting I'm wrong, then go ahead. If you want to keep believing that we're all just trolling you or we're all just constantly wrong while you're constantly the one person who is right on every issue, then go ahead.

Assani
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #13508
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
EPeen,

I'm done arguing with you. If you want to take that as me admitting I'm wrong, then go ahead. If you want to keep believing that we're all just trolling you or we're all just constantly wrong while you're constantly the one person who is right on every issue, then go ahead.

Assani
Please link me to these stats that show how good someones pick and roll defense and 1v1 man to man post defense is please that's all I ask.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #13509
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Epi, please just stop.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #13510
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
Epi, please just stop.
I just want a link to these stats that's all, shouldn't be hard at all.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #13511
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Epip - Nobody is going to do the stat work, it's not worth it. You aren't going to convince anybody, and the only thing you are going to accomplish is annoying people even more. A lot of guys here agree with you to some extent, so just leave it at that.

Last edited by Seadood228; 06-22-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #13512
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
Epip - Nobody is going to do the stat work, it's not worth it. You aren't going to convince anybody, and the only think you are going to accomplish is annoying people even more. A lot of guys here agree with you to some extent, so just leave it at that.
But Assani has stats that accurately show how good/bad someones pick and roll defense and 1v1 man defense are which are easily more effective than watching the games, so I am just curious about this since it would be a huge basketball breakthrough.

I don't see what the big problem is (I don't even care anymore about arguing about Perkins since even making an early 2nd round pick in this draft Gasol look soft as silly puddy after Gasol tore it up all year long on national tv won't change anyones mind), I just want these stats.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #13513
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Ya cause that's exactly how it went...anyway i'm sure ull get laughs from at least 10 of the people who love trolling me yet can't actually back up anything they say....kinda like urself.
what havnt I backed up?...that you make redundant posts and have clearly derailed this thread countless times?...Im sorry but I just dont feel like going back and quoting 235 of your posts that would support this argument.

You clearly dont understand that this is bigger than just you making your points heard, and having a good ole debate.
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #13514
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
Epip - Nobody is going to do the stat work, it's not worth it. You aren't going to convince anybody, and the only think you are going to accomplish is annoying people even more. A lot of guys here agree with you to some extent, so just leave it at that.
this.


And the funny thing is that I'm one of those guys who does agree with him to some extent. Its just that I could make a post saying "EPeen, great pick. I love these ten things about your player, but theres this one thing I dislike" and he'd then start some argument about that one thing. I mean seriously, he was trying to downplay the foul issue when anyone who isn't completely biased can see that Perkins is foul prone. Would it really have been that hard to just say "Yes Perkins is foul prone but I think its offset by his positives"?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #13515
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
But Assani has stats that accurately show how good/bad someones pick and roll defense and 1v1 man defense are which are easily more effective than watching the games, so I am just curious about this since it would be a huge basketball breakthrough.

I don't see what the big problem is (I don't even care anymore about arguing about Perkins since even making an early 2nd round pick in this draft Gasol look soft as silly puddy after he tore it up all year long on national tv won't change anyones mind), I just want these stats.
Please bump my post where I said something like this.

I was laughing at your notion that you watch the games and the rest of us don't.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #13516
horizon
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,501
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

We need a pick! quick!
horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #13517
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
this.


And the funny thing is that I'm one of those guys who does agree with him to some extent. Its just that I could make a post saying "EPeen, great pick. I love these ten things about your player, but theres this one thing I dislike" and he'd then start some argument about that one thing. I mean seriously, he was trying to downplay the foul issue when anyone who isn't completely biased can see that Perkins is foul prone. Would it really have been that hard to just say "Yes Perkins is foul prone but I think its offset by his positives"?
See this is just wrong, when didn't I say Perkins fouls a lot? I agreed with that (although I did say he has improved his fouling which he has) I just said it wasn't the main reason he didn't play 30-35 mpg, and that Doc is, and you nor anyone else has said anything close to proving it wasn't.

I acknowledge Perk's offensive short comings. Heck I will even acknowledge he is somewhat injury prone which u guys never brought up.

You act as if I haven't acknowledged any of his short comings and I clearly did.

But to not call him a very good/great defender and claim that KG was the reason he improved his defense (when it really was him improving his mobility and learning how to play better 1v1 post defense), is what I was arguing about.

Anyway just had to clear that up for the 10th time, still waiting on the stats.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #13518
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Please bump my post where I said something like this.

I was laughing at your notion that you watch the games and the rest of us don't.
So you watch even close to the amount of Celtics games I have this year?

Why do you think almost all the Celtic fans rave about Perkins defense? Because they didn't watch him as much as you did?

Maybe you should admit that these Celtic fans know a lot more about the Celtics than you do and can make a lot better assesments of their players, just like you know a lot more about the Wizards than we do?
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #13519
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Epip I don't think people are saying "KG is the reason his defense improved." What they are saying is that he had something to do with it. Guys aren't arguing that "he gets two quick fouls and sits on the bench," they are arguing that he's a foulbox. I really think you take too many extremes in your arguments, and you'd be much better off just acknowledging them, making your point, and moving on.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #13520
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
Epip I don't think people are saying "KG is the reason his defense improved." What they are saying is that he had something to do with it. Guys aren't arguing that "he gets two quick fouls and sits on the bench," they are arguing that he's a foulbox. I really think you take too many extremes in your arguments, and you'd be much better off just acknowledging them, making your point, and moving on.
No see I am the one saying KG had something to do with it (just like Perk and the rest of the Celtics had something to do with KG's defense improving as well).

They are the ones saying it GREATLY benefited Perkins on defense and that is the main reason Perk's defense has improved. Assani, vixi, and countless others in this thread have said this, that is the whole point.

I am the one saying he fouls a lot, they are the ones saying he always gets 2 quick fouls and fouls are the reason he doesn't get more minutes.

They are the ones who are taking it to extremes, not me.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #13521
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
So you watch even close to the amount of Celtics games I have this year?

Why do you think almost all the Celtic fans rave about Perkins defense? Because they didn't watch him as much as you did?

Maybe you should admit that these Celtic fans know a lot more about the Celtics than you do and can make a lot better assesments of their players, just like you know a lot more about the Wizards than we do?
Please bump my post where I said that about stats like I asked you.

Yes homers see their teams more than me. They're also biased. I think you're a very big homer. Therefore, I'd rather trust my own analysis of the Celtics than yours. There are many posters here who I trust to remain unbiased and I will take their analysis over my own regarding their teams though...you just aren't one of them, sorry.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #13522
fanmail
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fanmail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Crown Town
Posts: 32,416
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
Now there are 8 players on the current Celtics team picked in the first 8 rounds. I don't think any team is even close to that.
That could not be because of a recency bias or even Celtics homers, could it?
fanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #13523
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Please bump my post where I said that about stats like I asked you.

Yes homers see their teams more than me. They're also biased. I think you're a very big homer. Therefore, I'd rather trust my own analysis of the Celtics than yours. There are many posters here who I trust to remain unbiased and I will take their analysis over my own regarding their teams though...you just aren't one of them, sorry.
You have laughed countlessly throughout this thread at the "watch the games argument". You don't realize that watching the games a lot of times tells u MORE than the stats can especially on the defensive end. You seem to think otherwise, I guarentee you if let me or anyone else who knows basketball watch a full year of a player on defense, I can tell you more accurately how good of a defensive player they are than stats can.

That's the whole point of watching the games, it has a ton of merit on the defensive side of the ball (offensive not so much, as stats do a much better job on offense but are still flawed). You will always get a better understanding on how good a player is on defense if you watch the games, than if you look at stats (even the advanced ones).

I am def not a very big homer and I guarentee you I know more about the Celtics than you do and it's not even close.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #13524
KLJ
20k hands/day
 
KLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Topeka
Posts: 5,701
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Maybe you should admit that these Celtic fans know a lot more about the Celtics than you do and can make a lot better assesments of their players, just like you know a lot more about the Wizards than we do?
i don't think it's exactly fair to use this in your defense, as Bobbo was one of the main guys who was pointing out problems with Perk and he probably watches just as many Celts games as you do.

"yeah, doc is an idiot, but perk always gets 2 quick fouls which results in lack of PT. also he's rarely on the floor during crunch time, can't hit a FT obv

"However Perkins man almost never gets an offensive rebound, which is very important and doesn't show up in the stats sheet."

this is speculation and nearly impossible to prove, and from watching games, i'd say it isn't true. there is another guy on the celtics who hasn't been drafted yet who is incredible at boxing out, and by doing so, doesn't get a ton of boards, but prevents his man from getting an o-board."

and

"obviously he doesn't "always" get 2 quick fouls! But you need to notice that his career 5.1 PF per 36 is the major reason as to WHY he doesn't get more minutes. Plus as KKF said, he is out of shape already - he played on a slow paced team, so surely you can't say his conditioning would be better / would allow him to play a full game. Perkins 61.9% FT shooting is pretty woeful as well, so I don't know why you would WANT him on the floor in crunch time."
KLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #13525
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
i don't think it's exactly fair to use this in your defense, as Bobbo was one of the main guys who was pointing out problems with Perk and he probably watches just as many Celts games as you do.

"yeah, doc is an idiot, but perk always gets 2 quick fouls which results in lack of PT. also he's rarely on the floor during crunch time, can't hit a FT obv

"However Perkins man almost never gets an offensive rebound, which is very important and doesn't show up in the stats sheet."

this is speculation and nearly impossible to prove, and from watching games, i'd say it isn't true. there is another guy on the celtics who hasn't been drafted yet who is incredible at boxing out, and by doing so, doesn't get a ton of boards, but prevents his man from getting an o-board."

and

"obviously he doesn't "always" get 2 quick fouls! But you need to notice that his career 5.1 PF per 36 is the major reason as to WHY he doesn't get more minutes. Plus as KKF said, he is out of shape already - he played on a slow paced team, so surely you can't say his conditioning would be better / would allow him to play a full game. Perkins 61.9% FT shooting is pretty woeful as well, so I don't know why you would WANT him on the floor in crunch time."
Bobbo and GKA are the only 2 Celtics fans I know of that think this.

The rest of the Celtics fans (KidColin, Tbach, Xorbie etc) all agree more with me, they just haven't voiced their opinions in the thread.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive