Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #13351
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
I pointed out that you act like you never say anything wrong then you derail to saying how smart you are and how much money you make like that proves that you say nothing wrong.
And I admited I have said wrong things before, and you def implied that I wasn't smart when you said "Your so smart, your so smart. Get over yourself."
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #13352
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
right. thats my point. u dont kno enough about others in this thread.
huh? I already admited it was possible that there were more than those 2, (I should have added that the people I didn't include could also be better at poker than me but I highly doubt there are more than 2-3 that posted in here besides the 2 I already named that are)

Regardless i'm going out for the night, I will respond to all you haters tomorrow.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #13353
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
And I admited I have said wrong things before, and you def implied that I wasn't smart when you said "Your so smart, your so smart. Get over yourself."
You quoted 2 things which you were obviously right on but you act like you were in a huge minority. I'll admit I didn't think the Celtics had enough experience together to win it all but I was proved WRONG, and I'm really not that unhappy about them winning it. Yet you like to dig on 1 thing you thought was correct that we for the most part all know about already. Congrads on pointing about the success of the Celtics.

Now there are 8 players on the current Celtics team picked in the first 8 rounds. I don't think any team is even close to that.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #13354
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Victor plays pretty high and probally makes more than you. I've read his posts. Could be wrong though.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #13355
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

franchise, in your writeup, you said you had pick 239th, in fact that was my pick, you had pick 240th. just a minor deal.

also, my pick for toney STILL hasn't been edited. lol. i will post both writeups again in the thread.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #13356
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
WTF list:


Worthy 37
Bynum 52
Marbury 68
Battier 89
Horford 101
Tarpley 204
Walker 215
Kelvin Ransey 222
Rajon Rondo 183
Calvin Natt 152 (wtf because almost no one knew if he existed ldo)
Clyde Drexler 19
Isiah Thomas 15

those should be on the list too
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #13357
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
one nitpick. as of right now, perkins is a foulbox and that's a big reason why he doesn't play more minutes. maybe this changes soon. i think you mentioned earlier that your peak starts 2-3 years after this league starts, and the development of perk/deng/martin makes your team a top team in that window imo
yeah, doc is an idiot, but perk always gets 2 quick fouls which results in lack of PT. also he's rarely on the floor during crunch time, can't hit a FT obv

"However Perkins man almost never gets an offensive rebound, which is very important and doesn't show up in the stats sheet."

this is speculation and nearly impossible to prove, and from watching games, i'd say it isn't true. there is another guy on the celtics who hasn't been drafted yet who is incredible at boxing out, and by doing so, doesn't get a ton of boards, but prevents his man from getting an o-board.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #13358
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
great insight i'd def argue Perkins is better than Campbell, Herb Williams, and Bo Outlaw
No, close but no, close but yes.

Elden is the best player of those 4 by a wide margin, and i hope that others can see that.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #13359
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,791
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

haywood is a great pick. def had him in mind over outlaw and perkins.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #13360
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
rofl @ picking K Perkins now or in the entire draft for that matter.
even though i think in this spot it was a reach (didn't need to trade up to lock him either) by no means was it a bad pick, and he was def. getting drafted within the next 50 picks.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #13361
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

haywood is definitely solid. drtg is definitely pulled down by horrible D around him. I definitely pick him before Perk although he's considerably older. As a UNC fan I've been pleasantly suprised at his growth in the league, I honestly thought he was going to be horrible.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #13362
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,791
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

haywood consistently owns z.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #13363
TheQuietAnarchist
Formerly xorbie
 
TheQuietAnarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,826
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Disagree on both accounts, I only know of 2 players who are possibly more successful than I am in this thread (Bobbo and Tbach) and I don't even know if they are. I also disagree that many more are more succesful than I am, and if they are it's probably because a) they are older hence had more time to make money or b) they were born into a rich family and didn't have to earn it themselves

Regardless I don't want to sidetrack this, I just was sick of getting called out a ton.
Sorry bro because I like the Perkins pick and I like your team a lot in general, but I make way more than you at poker
TheQuietAnarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #13364
TheQuietAnarchist
Formerly xorbie
 
TheQuietAnarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 22,826
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Haywood is a very solid pick, excellent offensive rebounder.
TheQuietAnarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #13365
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
No one is calling you out for being broke though, they are calling you out because you are the worst poster in SE and you ruin ever thread you post in.
defending epi here:
he is def. a boston homer, def. loves overrating his team (who doesnt? everyone likes doing this) but he is far from the worst poster. he rarely ruins threads (it's typically other people that call HIM out, so in fact THEY ruin threads) and his insight on OTHER teams is generally very good and informative.

franchise, lately you've been getting into a ton of arguments on this thread. why?
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #13366
tdarko
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tdarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,183
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

People putting Natt on the wtf list, is this part of the joke or are you serious?
tdarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #13367
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I like haywood. He was the reason the wizards were not horrible this year, with gilbert/caron missing so much time. nice pick. next time list your team together GKA!
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #13368
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarko View Post
People putting Natt on the wtf list, is this part of the joke or are you serious?
it's a joke, obviously
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #13369
xxThe_Lebowskixx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indeed.
Posts: 6,512
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

outlaw's offensive ability makes bruce bowen look like lebron.
xxThe_Lebowskixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #13370
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Made over 100k this year so far and like roughly 250k last year. I also play way less than I should (like 10-15 hours per week)

I play 5/10, 3/6 and 2/4 full ring (24 tables)
<------$138,322 in PokerStars MTTs alone in 2008 according to OfficialPokerRankings, plus I play cash games and live tourneys and have won significant amounts there too! What do I win????

edited to add: I play $25/50 and higher, so I don't even have the option due to lack of tables, but even if I did....I think I'd rather be broke than 24 table....god thats torture imo.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #13371
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
I pointed out that you act like you never say anything wrong then you derail to saying how smart you are and how much money you make like that proves that you say nothing wrong.
Thats funny...all along I've give him the same criticism: An unwillingness to admit hes wrong. He brought up the fact that he said Kevin Martin was a good defender at first but later he admitted he was wrong there.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #13372
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
<------$138,322 in PokerStars MTTs alone in 2008 according to OfficialPokerRankings, plus I play cash games and live tourneys and have won significant amounts there too! What do I win????
138k+. But how much have you lost?
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #13373
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
franchise, in your writeup, you said you had pick 239th, in fact that was my pick, you had pick 240th. just a minor deal.

also, my pick for toney STILL hasn't been edited. lol. i will post both writeups again in the thread.
Clark is the one who has been editing them in, and he said hes been busy planting some gardens this week. I think he said to PM him if you needed him to do so(or maybe try to get another mod since hes so busy).
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:17 PM   #13374
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

AF, I did PM him. I'll try MEbenhoe next.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #13375
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
haywood is a great pick. def had him in mind over outlaw and perkins.
I think several of you are really underrating Outlaw's defense, which is the primary reason I drafted him.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive