Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 01:51 AM   #8251
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

wtf - is this really happening???

All 3 of my guys just got picked (Brad Miller, Josh Smith and now Big Zeee)

gg all
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 AM   #8252
.Alex.
Pooh-Bah
 
.Alex.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 5,737
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Kirilenko was the other guy I was thinking of taking obv.
.Alex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #8253
Omar Comin
fantasy failure
 
Omar Comin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hold on we're going home
Posts: 27,358
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARK DOCTOR View Post
wtf - is this really happening???

All 3 of my guys just got picked (Brad Miller, Josh Smith and now Big Zeee)

gg all
it's 40 euros now if you're wondering
Omar Comin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:04 AM   #8254
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
this is the way you should have approached it: ask what the rules are? and what the rules would mean in this case?

well, the rules are that we draft players at 24. or when they enter the league if after 24. are this year if they are currently younger than 24. sooooo, since z entered the league at 21, anyone that was evaluating picks would surely assume that we miss z's 24 season.
Victor,

I try my best man. Sometimes my decisions aren't the best. Most of the time, not everyone agrees. However, in nearly every case the majority has agreed with me and thinks I've done a pretty good job of making decisions, letting the majority rule when its necessary, and taking a hard stance and making the decision on my own when its necessary. If you feel as if I did a bad job here, then I'm sorry. However, so far(I havn't caught up on the thread yet) out of 7 or 8 people you seem to be the only one who thinks that I didn't make a good ruling. You claim that "anyone that was evaluating picks would surely assume that we miss z's 24 season" but out of the 7 or 8 people that were in this thread during the decision making process you are the only one to say this and nearly everyone else has thought it was fair. This makes me think that you're 100% wrong when you say that ANYONE would assume that. Let me restate that it only took FOUR PEOPLE OUT OF FOURTY to disagree with my ruling and I would've reconsidered(and I still will up until the next pick is made). Again, I apologize if you think I made a mistake. All I can do is my best.

Hugs and Kisses,
Assani

Last edited by Assani Fisher; 05-28-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #8255
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
as much as I don't think it's a big deal and don't care, I see victor's point. i would just assume he'd be a little better than 23/worse than 25 and consider the injury risk and assume I get him at 24. I wouldn't assume I get a 24 yo who is guaranteed missing his rookie year, though.
If you want to officially object then be my guest. I'm trying to be fair here. YOu'll be the second person to object, and as I said if 4 people do so then I'll talk things over with everyone, perhaps take a vote, and reconsider. I'm very willing to listen to everyone on this issue, but I"m not going to hold up the draft forever regarding it. So object and get two more to object before the next pick and we'll go from there. Let me know if you want to officially object.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #8256
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Alex. View Post
Kirilenko was the other guy I was thinking of taking obv.
really interesting choice for your team. I wonder if anyone would've taken Lewis before your next pick(I wouldn't have).
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:14 AM   #8257
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

well kidcolin agreed with me i think. tolbiny did too but he didnt feel like posting.

just bc the others agreed with your decision doesnt make me 100% wrong. im completely right regarding the initial rules. they either dont understand the rules or feel they should be amended.

whatver, im still correct that you blatantly changed the rules. thats my point.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:15 AM   #8258
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

and really i dont want to reverse his pick or anything. just admit you changed the rules and it resulted in franchise gaining an advantage.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:29 AM   #8259
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
and really i dont want to reverse his pick or anything. just admit you changed the rules and it resulted in franchise gaining an advantage.
Franchise def did gain an advantage fwiw
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:42 AM   #8260
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
well kidcolin agreed with me i think. tolbiny did too but he didnt feel like posting.

just bc the others agreed with your decision doesnt make me 100% wrong. im completely right regarding the initial rules. they either dont understand the rules or feel they should be amended.

whatver, im still correct that you blatantly changed the rules. thats my point.
I'm really not seeing how this is kidcolin agreeing with you:


Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
i really don't think it should be a huge issue if we let him switch. who gives a crap, even if they pondered him and passed? Just keep it fun and care free. I mean Epip will have beef so he can have another couple of pages devoted to him, but other than that I think it should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
as much as I don't think it's a big deal and don't care, I see victor's point. i would just assume he'd be a little better than 23/worse than 25 and consider the injury risk and assume I get him at 24. I wouldn't assume I get a 24 yo who is guaranteed missing his rookie year, though.
He sees your point. But he doesn't think its a big deal and doesn't care. At least thats what I got from those posts.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:44 AM   #8261
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

i see my point and dont think its a big deal and dont really care either. but youre an antagonistic *** and wont let anything die ever and make posts calling me 100% wrong.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:44 AM   #8262
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
and really i dont want to reverse his pick or anything. just admit you changed the rules and it resulted in franchise gaining an advantage.
Of course I changed the rules. There was a very gray area and someone asked me about it. I added a clause to the rules that would make things more clear. Why do you want me to "admit" that? It seems completely obvious to me that I changed and amended the rules, as I(along with input from others) have done a few times already.

I don't think Franchise gained an advantage though, as anyone could've asked me about it and I would've done the same thing. I didn't do it just because it was Franchise or anything.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:47 AM   #8263
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd View Post
If it's a preexisting injury, you'd have to assume that he'd miss a year. I believe Assani said that the way to look at this draft is to assume you'd get a clone of a player before their 24 year old year (which was never actually defined, was it the year when you begin at 24 or you turn 24 during, I've been going off of whatever basketball-reference has listed for an age which I believe is chosen as their age on Feb 1 during that season), so if he has a broken foot at that clone period, he'll have a broken foot for his first year in this league. Since Assani feels that is too harsh and practically ruins the value of players who fall into this category, he's willing to push that back to whenever his first post 23 season is, which I think is a fair position to take. It would have been nice to know this prior to the draft, I agree that it isn't a big deal and is the best solution now, and if someone would have drafted differently had they known this clarification, it's their fault for not asking when they were considering Z.
also, dudd gets it too. the rule was changed. he just agrees with the change.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #8264
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
i see my point and dont think its a big deal and dont really care either. but youre an antagonistic *** and wont let anything die ever and make posts calling me 100% wrong.
If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is. Also how do I not let anything die? The only debate I can think of that I had with you is the Penny one, and as soon as you said that you didn't want to discuss it anymore, I made a few posts responding and immediately dropped the issue and havn't discussed it with you since.


Please explain what I did that was antagonistic in any way here? I made a decision on a controversial issue and let everyone know that if 1/10th of the people disagreed, then I'd reconsider and put it to a vote. How is that antagonistic?

You then came along and said "anyone that was evaluating picks would surely assume that we miss z's 24 season" and I pointed out that you were clearly wrong- I for one didn't interpret it that way, so right away that rules out "anyone." Franchise didn't also. Everyone else in the thread so far didn't seem to interpret it that way(or at least had no problem with my interpretation of the rules). So you were wrong there. I'm sorry if you got offended by me calling you wrong, but you were. You seem to get angry over what I consider friendly debates...weird man. Get some tougher skin.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:50 AM   #8265
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
LOL@ "he isn't even that good that year"...what does that have to do with it? I'm trying to be fair, not trying to maximize his value.

To be completely fair, the rules state you should get him at 24 and have to endure missing entire seasons. But I thought that was too harsh of a penalty, so I amended the rules a bit there. However, if he comes back during one year then thats the year you get him imo.
heh, u even agree on the clarity of the rules.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 AM   #8266
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
also, dudd gets it too. the rule was changed. he just agrees with the change.
I'm not sure what you're even arguing here. I agree that I've changed and amended rules both now and before, but I've always tried to use my best judgment and I've always considered the thoughts of the majority and the overall good of the draft. Funny that you call me antagonistic, and now it appears as if you're trying to start an argument when I don't even know what you're arguing with me over.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:52 AM   #8267
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
heh, u even agree on the clarity of the rules.
Yes and re-read the rest of that paragraph when I say that I've decided to amend(i.e. change) that rule. What are you arguing?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:52 AM   #8268
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is. Also how do I not let anything die? The only debate I can think of that I had with you is the Penny one, and as soon as you said that you didn't want to discuss it anymore, I made a few posts responding and immediately dropped the issue and havn't discussed it with you since.


Please explain what I did that was antagonistic in any way here? I made a decision on a controversial issue and let everyone know that if 1/10th of the people disagreed, then I'd reconsider and put it to a vote. How is that antagonistic.

You then came along and said "anyone that was evaluating picks would surely assume that we miss z's 24 season" and I pointed out that you were clearly wrong- I for one didn't interpret it that way, so right away that rules out "anyone." Franchise didn't also. Everyone else in the thread so far didn't seem to interpret it that way(or at least had no problem with my interpretation of the rules). So you were wrong there. I'm sorry if you got offended by me calling you wrong, but you were. You seem to get angry over what I consider friendly debates...weird man. Get some tougher skin.
haha, see the post i quoted just above this. hahahahaahahah.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:52 AM   #8269
KLJ
20k hands/day
 
KLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Topeka
Posts: 5,701
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
You then came along and said "anyone that was evaluating picks would surely assume that we miss z's 24 season"
I did assume this when evaluating him.
KLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #8270
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
I did assume this when evaluating him.
I'm sure some people did. The only thing I said was wrong was that "anyone" would assume that. Do you not agree that his statement was wrong?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #8271
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Yes and re-read the rest of that paragraph when I say that I've decided to amend(i.e. change) that rule. What are you arguing?
assani, you say this

"To be completely fair, the rules state you should get him at 24 and have to endure missing entire seasons"

then you go on to say this

"I pointed out that you were clearly wrong- I for one didn't interpret it that way, so right away that rules out "anyone.""
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:57 AM   #8272
KLJ
20k hands/day
 
KLJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Topeka
Posts: 5,701
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

ok guys what are you arguing about?

victor, he changed the rules and admits to doing so. do you wish to raise a complaint? if not, both of you please let us move on with this thread.
KLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:57 AM   #8273
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
haha, see the post i quoted just above this. hahahahaahahah.
Yes the rules stated that you should get a player at 24. My interpretation of those rules was that we should amend it because I didn't think of these types of cases when initially writing those rules.


I still fail to see what you're trying to argue here. You seem to be arguing just for the sake of arguing. I've admitted that I changed/amended the rules, and I've done it before and others have voted on doing it before. Its impossible to completely list every rule perfectly before the draft starts, so theres going to always need to be some changes.

It seems to me that you're being antagonistic here. What do you disagree with me about and what do you think I should do?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 AM   #8274
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
ok guys what are you arguing about?

victor, he changed the rules and admits to doing so. do you wish to raise a complaint? if not, both of you please let us move on with this thread.
I have absolutely no clue! He calls me antagonistic(when I've only had one argument with him ever- and one he started at that!) and then goes through all this!!!
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:00 AM   #8275
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,792
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

i think you shouldnt call me 100% wrong when the opposite is true. and you know it. i think you called me wrong bc you wanted to start an internet fight. i think you like internet fights bc you are very good at twisting words. i think you get great satisfaction out of pissing ppl off with nittery.
Victor is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive