Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #5201
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
I can think of three off the top of my head.

ok I haven't tried, I just wanted to have you rummaging up and down the draft to tilt you
lol exactly
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #5202
Jack of Arcades
Jumbo Jack
 
Jack of Arcades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Bastion
Posts: 23,569
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

ty Assani. It was a tough decision between 4 guys. hopefully 40 picks from now I end up with the ability to take a great pg or sg and solidify porter' position.
Jack of Arcades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #5203
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Obv I used stats/logic into my thinking as well. McHale's ridiculously high fg percentage at his peak (short lived peak due to injury), McHale's underrated rebounding by stats because he was playing with 2 other great rebounders, his drtg being very low because he was guarding a ton of wing players and always guarding the best offensive player etc.
I'm done arguing about McHale. I was just showing that I didn't bash you for not having seen a guy play. I "bashed" you for contradicting yourself.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #5204
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Assani is officially on the clock. We are all waiting with baited breath... or bad breath.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #5205
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
yea great response to my points about KG, I will take it as u agree to them, because if you didn't u would have actually responded like u have with almost all ur other posts.
No. You had no valid points, so I didn't see the need to reply. KG is overrated, lol.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #5206
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Glen Rice, hmm, I vaguely remember seeing him play
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #5207
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
I don't think many people "benefit" from this sytem either. But McHale is one of the guys who clearly does, and benefits the most in this system than anyone else who has been drafted already.

Do you agree with this? If not, who benefits more?
I don't think McHale benefits at all, so I disagree with your premise that certain players benefit from the system.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #5208
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
No. You had no valid points, so I didn't see the need to reply. KG is overrated, lol.
lol ya no valid points at all, sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #5209
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
I don't think McHale benefits at all, so I disagree with your premise that certain players benefit from the system.
This statement just shows how ridiculous u are. I actually laughed.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #5210
LurchySoprano
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LurchySoprano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,282
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Love the Glen Rice pick. I thought a lot of people would forget about him and he'd last into my pick in round 3.
LurchySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #5211
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Glen Rice was very solid and could make it RAIN. Def not BPA, not by a long shot, but a very nice pairing with Hakeem.
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #5212
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Glen Rice - Great volume shooter, could create, and took very good care of the ball. His defense was meh, but so were most of the volume guys at that position. He had problems with domestic issues, but so did about 10 guys before him.

I think it's a solid pick to pair with Hakeem.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #5213
fanmail
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fanmail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Crown Town
Posts: 32,416
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
Glen Rice was very solid and could make it RAIN. Def not BPA, not by a long shot, but a very nice pairing with Hakeem.
exactly right
fanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #5214
Jack of Arcades
Jumbo Jack
 
Jack of Arcades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Bastion
Posts: 23,569
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

He has a shockingly low ts% for shooting 3s so well.
Jack of Arcades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #5215
Mano
veteran
 
Mano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,346
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Obv I used stats/logic into my thinking as well. McHale's ridiculously high fg percentage at his peak (short lived peak due to injury), McHale's underrated rebounding by stats because he was playing with 2 other great rebounders, his drtg being very low because he was guarding a ton of wing players and always guarding the best offensive player etc.

I saw McHale play his whole career, and he was very good, but Malone, Barkley and Garnett were better, and it's not that close. Also, DJ usually guarded the other teams best offensive player, and Parish was a beast on help defense. Saying McHale's stats were hurt by playing on a great team is only stating half the story, because he wouldn't have gotten the looks he did if the defenses were not concentrating on Larry. I have kept quiet, because I realize that for whatever reason you think McHale is a trancendent being, but enough already.
Mano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #5216
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I think his career TS% is misleading due to a pretty short peak (which obv should be considered). He's got a pretty nice TS% peak
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #5217
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I think Assani is taking XXXXX XXXXX. I'm already preparing my "atta boy" writeup.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #5218
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I'm about to pick someone who I dont really want to pick but the value is too good....sorry for the delay, just thinking things over a bit....
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #5219
D104
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
D104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a better place.
Posts: 18,272
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Rice is the guy I was thinking of when Peja was picked, I think he's better. His 96-97 season is just insane. TS% of .605! He is a seive on D though. Def a top 5 shooter of all time though.

D
D104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #5220
Jack of Arcades
Jumbo Jack
 
Jack of Arcades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Bastion
Posts: 23,569
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by D104 View Post
Rice is the guy I was thinking of when Peja was picked, I think he's better. His 96-97 season is just insane. TS% of .605! He is a seive on D though. Def a top 5 shooter of all time though.

D
Peja had a higher ts% in 03-04 (.624). Peja is more efficient than Rice.
Jack of Arcades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #5221
BJLTNYK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BJLTNYK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 14,406
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Glen Glen Rice Rice who's so good good you gotta say it twice twice.

He was a beast in his Charlotte heyday. Nice pairing with Hakeem.

Don't like Big Al this early. Love Laimbeer was hoping he would fall but I guess that was ambitious. Really love Porter and DRob.
BJLTNYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #5222
D104
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
D104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a better place.
Posts: 18,272
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Arcades View Post
Peja had a higher ts% in 03-04 (.624). Peja is more efficient than Rice.
You know, after looking at the numbers, Peja is slightly better in almost every category. I guess I should be the first to admit Im wrong. Peja is slightly better. My memory failed me!

D
D104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #5223
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

just an FYI, I go for lunch in ~20min, then have a meeting 1-2 PST.
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #5224
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
just an FYI, I go for lunch in ~20min, then have a meeting 1-2 PST.
can u pm ur pick (ur top 2) to someone if u have to go before assani picks? I don't mind making ur pick for u, or if u wanna find someone else that's cool too.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #5225
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

yeah I do mind. I haven't got it down to 2 so I'll have to think about it based on Assani's pick.
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive