Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #4201
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

got too many MTT tables up now....will be back later to read and respond further regarding all this.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #4202
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbenhoe View Post
Seriously, are you even reading all the discussion about the time limit? It should not be hard for anyone to handle. It's not like it would be a 2 hour time limit, it would be something reasonable, prob 24 hours. The vast majority of participants should be able to easily abide by that. If for some reason your pick is coming up and you know you won't be away, you either A) send someone a list to pick from for you or B) say hey guys i'm gonna be gone from this time to this time, is it cool if i get a small extension when it comes to my pick in order to aid in this.

If we kept up at our current rate, this draft would not finish until September. And that is using the current pace which without a time limit is likely to be the fastest since it is when its the freshest in people's minds and also when the most exciting picks are made of the big name flashy players. Without a time limit and at the considerably slowing pace this draft is going at, this thing could easily take a full which would be outright brutal.
Look.

I've stated multiple times in this thread, that I agree a time limit would be best for this draft if we started it all over. But you can't just bring people into this draft, and then change the rules on them.

I've also said multiple times, that someone who is hardcore for a time limit, should open another thread for discussion on the matter. Because if you are going to vote on a time limit, you also have to vote on WHAT time limit. You are killing this thread with all of this bull****, and you're not accomplishing anything. Even if we get done w/ this stupid vote, you still won't have a number to change it to, and will have to have another vote.
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #4203
HighStakesPro
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,949
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

The best part about this is the mod fight between MEBenhoe and ZBTHorton+Yeti.
HighStakesPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #4204
MEb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MEb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,705
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

ZBT,

So your argument is that we shouldn't do what is best for the draft and what is best for the active participants who have made this draft fun because it would be unfair to the people who aren't contributing at all?
MEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #4205
chuckleslovakian
LYNCH DURRON597
 
chuckleslovakian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saving Sinners
Posts: 35,299
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Would there be any problem with letting people who know they are not going to be around PM their list of people they would draft to someone not playing? Seems like it could help.
chuckleslovakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #4206
HighStakesPro
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,949
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I'm pretty sure that all the people who want a time limit would consent to 24 hours, even if it is not their first choice. I don't think anybody who supports a time limit has said they want anything longer than 24 hours.
HighStakesPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #4207
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbenhoe View Post
ZBT,

So your argument is that we shouldn't do what is best for the draft and what is best for the active participants who have made this draft fun because it would be unfair to the people who aren't contributing at all?
This draft is for everyone in it, and some of us who want to participate in the discussion.

If you want to just cater the rules to the most active SE posters, we should probably change lots of things.
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #4208
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I guess more than anything, my point is this.

I don't think the draft was going badly at all. I've enjoyed the conversation until this BS came up, and I think this was one of my favorite SE threads ever. Everyone got all bent out of shape because a couple of people didn't pick fast enough, and that's unfortunate. But making new rules is just going to present a whole new bunch of problems.

If people continuously go over a 24 hour time limit, I'm sure Assani, or Clark, or someone will speak with them about their commitment.

If your overall goal of this thread is the best possible basketball discussion, and the lease possible BS, you should definitely keep it the way that it is. Some may think that a time limit will limit grumblings about when people are going to pick, and this is true, however it is also going to add all kinds of other BS to deal with when people miss picks, etc. run on sentence, ftw.
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #4209
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton View Post
Look.

I've stated multiple times in this thread, that I agree a time limit would be best for this draft if we started it all over. But you can't just bring people into this draft, and then change the rules on them.

I've also said multiple times, that someone who is hardcore for a time limit, should open another thread for discussion on the matter. Because if you are going to vote on a time limit, you also have to vote on WHAT time limit. You are killing this thread with all of this bull****, and you're not accomplishing anything. Even if we get done w/ this stupid vote, you still won't have a number to change it to, and will have to have another vote.
Thread becomes about this bull**** because we've had like two picks this weekend.

This thread has been just brutal arguments and bull**** all weekend because people don't have enough courtesy to decide who they will pick and PM a mod their top 3 choices.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #4210
Jack of Arcades
Jumbo Jack
 
Jack of Arcades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Bastion
Posts: 23,569
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

24 hours would be the only time limit I would agree to. Below that and you make it unfair (people sleeping, working, etc). Above that and you make it pointless.

I'm wondering about the logistics. Would it be like the NFL Draft? What would be the penalty?
Jack of Arcades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #4211
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbenhoe View Post
ZBT,

So your argument is that we shouldn't do what is best for the draft and what is best for the active participants who have made this draft fun because it would be unfair to the people who aren't contributing at all?
qfft

cmon - who really wants there to be no time limit???....only the people who make zero contribution to the discussion thread...and in that case - why r they even in this?..to slow it down for the restivus? - I love Festivus.
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #4212
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARK DOCTOR View Post
qfft

cmon - who really wants there to be no time limit???

only the people who make zero contribution to the discussion thread...and in that case - why r they even in this?..to slow it down for the restivus? - I love Festivus.
If anyone had shown any indications of taking a LONG time to make a pick, I'd be with you completely...but they haven't. The longest thus far is 27 hours.
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #4213
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbach24 View Post
wow and bynum knee surgery really dampens things ehh?
we pretty much knew he was gonna need surgery. he proly will get microfracture after the see how bad it is from the scope. doubt he plays next season but he could still beast it in 2 yrs.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #4214
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Arcades View Post
24 hours would be the only time limit I would agree to. Below that and you make it unfair (people sleeping, working, etc). Above that and you make it pointless.

I'm wondering about the logistics. Would it be like the NFL Draft? What would be the penalty?
24 hours is fine, and everyone who wants a time limit will live with it to try and reach a middle ground.

I think it would finally cause people to start pm'ing a list when they are on deck or in the 3 hole. I think this would make a huge difference in speeding things up, because in some cases we won't even have to wait 24 hours, their picks will be ready.

If someone goes over time, the next person goes and so forth until the person who went over comes back. If he comes back and says he will pick soon, he is then on the clock.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #4215
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
Thread becomes about this bull**** because we've had like two picks this weekend.

This thread has been just brutal arguments and bull**** all weekend because people don't have enough courtesy to decide who they will pick and PM a mod their top 3 choices.
lol ok. That doesn't change anything that I wrote. The discussion still shouldn't be in this thread, and it's still amazingly pointless(thus far).
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #4216
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbenhoe View Post
What is hard to understand about the fact that on drafting issues the opinions of people in the draft matter way more than the opinions of people who have no involvement in it whatsoever? I hate how often you are just purposely dense.
Are you really this bad at reading comprehension? Re-read post 4174 please and tell me how I'm disagreeing with this.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #4217
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
24 hours is fine, and everyone who wants a time limit will live with it to try and reach a middle ground.

I think it would finally cause people to start pm'ing a list when they are on deck or in the 3 hole. I think this would make a huge difference in speeding things up, because in some cases we won't even have to wait 24 hours, their picks will be ready.

If someone goes over time, the next person goes and so forth until the person who went over comes back. If he comes back and says he will pick soon, he is then on the clock.
Agreed that is things are changed, this should be the format.
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #4218
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
Assani why are you arguing the differences between the snake/reverse when you were against that also.
Because it perfectly illustrates my point....

With the snake/reverse snake, I was personally against it but I was ok with the change because thats what the majority wanted and it didn't stop anyone from participating.

Here, if you guys have your way certain people will not be able to participate. This is unfair.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #4219
Jack of Arcades
Jumbo Jack
 
Jack of Arcades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Bastion
Posts: 23,569
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
I think it would finally cause people to start pm'ing a list when they are on deck or in the 3 hole. I think this would make a huge difference in speeding things up, because in some cases we won't even have to wait 24 hours, their picks will be ready
Perhaps we should just make a rule for this, then.
Jack of Arcades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #4220
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbenhoe View Post
No one is being prevented from participating by the institution of a 24 hour time limit or something similar.


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You must live in a fantasy world or something.

Do you really think that its completely impossible that someone wakes up at 7AM, gets to work by 9, has to work overtime until 9 at night, gets home and has to spend quality time with his family, and then goes to bed?

I realize that for us poker pros, getting online often is a completely trivial matter. Its not that way for everyone.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #4221
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
jesus.

it's assani's idea. without him the draft would not exist. it's his rules. people signed up under those rules.

how many teams are in this thing, 30? so if 16 people decide tomorrow that it's a $5k entry fee to continue in the draft, the other 14 are just instantly booted out if they don't pay up? even though they signed up for a fun, free draft?

you are so completely off in this.
Thank you for your support despite your personal dislike for me(which to be honest I never figured out why it was, but thats another issue for another time).
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #4222
ZBTHorton
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 19,874
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You must live in a fantasy world or something.

Do you really think that its completely impossible that someone wakes up at 7AM, gets to work by 9, has to work overtime until 9 at night, gets home and has to spend quality time with his family, and then goes to bed?

I realize that for us poker pros, getting online often is a completely trivial matter. Its not that way for everyone.
The best example of this is TDarko. Who has taken longer than you would expect someone of his activeness to draft both times. He's at work for certain times of the day, and he just can't be in this thread.
ZBTHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #4223
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbenhoe View Post
The more picks like this you allow to happen, the more that will happen as a result of it as people's level of involvement and interest in this will be lessened by the increasingly drawn out nature of it. Instituting a time limit is absolutely for the good of the draft and is easily workable for all involved as long as those involved are even remotely considerate.

Have you missed the posts where I said I was going to PM everyone who takes a long time to pick and deal with it on a situation by situation basis?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #4224
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Assani you're cool in my book, and I think you get a lot of unfair stuff. So don't take anything I say personally because I appreciate what you've done in this thread.

That being said, we disagree. I'm fine at leaving it at that and seeing how things carry out.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #4225
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Cobra View Post
I vote for no time limit and this thread to stop being the ***** fest it became today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
this.

and i would LOVE to have a faster draft, i've been bitching about it the whole time. it's just not fair to implement it with a 51% majority.
For the record, these two plus me makes three VERY ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS who don't want a time limit. I think its obvious that the 4 or 5 people who have taken 10+ hours don't want a time limit too.

There really only 5 or 6 of you guys who are campaigning hard for a time limit.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive