Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #3976
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarko View Post
Why are we talking about ESPN analysts? I am seriously asking why? Their opinion means dick to me.
This is why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
You guys might know more about the game TODAY but I guarentee u NBA analyists know more about the 80's than pretty much all of u so called experts. I will take Hubie Browns opinions on 80's players over any of urs anyday and it's not even close.

Apparently EPiPeN11 thinks all of us are his age and nobody here saw McHale play.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #3977
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
This is why:




Apparently EPiPeN11 thinks all of us are his age and nobody here saw McHale play.
Did u or anyone else bashing McHale (capenao) see McHale play?

I'm 24 and I didn't see him play, and 24 is old for 2+2 standards. I saw McHale play when he was on the downside of his career, not during his prime or early years.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #3978
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
LOL...

Someone telling you a fact that you did not know is not changing your opinion. In this thread alone I have changed my opinion on....



-At first I said I'd take Dirk over Barkley.

-At first I had Kidd over Payton.

-I never had Nance ranked so highly.

-At first I was defending the Paul pick, whereas now I think Stockton should've gone there.


edit: Please tell me one time ever when 90% OF PEOPLE IN THE THREAD ARE TELLING ME I'M WRONG AND I REFUSE TO CHANGE MY POINT OF VIEW. I've seen you do that multiple times.
bump
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #3979
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I'm not bashing McCale but when you saying things like he is so much rediculous better than everyone other than Shaq it's when I have an issue. No I didn't see him in his prime I'm a little older than you (26) and I'm not Celtics fan but if someone read your posts you make McCale in this draft is the second coming of Jesus. Maybe we're not all infatuated with your pick and the Celtics. Honestly I don't think it was a bad pick just don't think it was the most amazing one either, that you make it seem like your a "super-genius" about this draft and everyone else is ******ed.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #3980
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
bump
so 90% is like 3-4 people who never saw McHale play either, um yea.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #3981
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
I'm not bashing McCale but when you saying things like he is so much rediculous better than everyone other than Shaq it's when I have an issue. No I didn't see him in his prime I'm a little older than you (26) and I'm not Celtics fan but if someone read your posts you make McCale in this draft is the second coming of Jesus. Maybe we're not all infatuated with your pick and the Celtics. Honestly I don't think it was a bad pick just don't think it was the most amazing one either, that you make it seem like your a "super-genius" about this draft and everyone else is ******ed.
lol I normally don't bring up spelling, but u can't even spell McHale's name right. lol McCale.

I already listed 9 players who i'd take over McHale, how does that make him the second coming of jesus?

And please name a better low post scorer in this draft besides Shaq that was better than McHale. There is a reason McHale was considered the best low post player ever, and it's because he was.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #3982
NopairParker
old hand
 
NopairParker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Little Armenia
Posts: 1,386
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

mccale had the best offensive post moves of anyone in the history of the NBA, even to this day with the only comparison beting the dream. With that being said, he is not better than malone or chuck. He is however better than amare.

Malone and chuck could score just as often as mchale did, even without any moves, because they were just better athletes, but amare cannot score with the same back to the basket plays that the others can, this makes him inferior.
NopairParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #3983
tdarko
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tdarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,183
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Epi- I saw McHale play, I was young in his prime but I remember watching him play. I watched more basketball than any other sport. Family had season tickets to Mavs when I was 6 and I followed the rest of the league as well. My dad loves basketball and we would watch the games together, so yea, I have a ton of memories from the 80's--the 87-88 (age 8) season was probably the first vivid season that I truly remember and also watched and understood (now let's be srs I didn't understand different offenses/defenses etc. at this point).

So, yea, I was too young for the early part of McHale's career but I saw a nice party of his years when he was putting up big numbers. He was also one of those players that a little kid really remembers b/c he is so different from the rest of the guys on the floor.
tdarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #3984
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
lol I normally don't bring up spelling, but u can't even spell McHale's name right. lol McCale.

I already listed 9 players who i'd take over McHale, how does that make him the second coming of jesus?

And please name a better low post scorer in this draft besides Shaq that was better than McHale. There is a reason McHale was considered the best low post player ever, and it's because he was.
Let's say I named one. What would you say, OMG YOUR SO STUPID MCHALE SO MUCH BETTER.

Also who cares if he was the best low post scorer ever, was he the best basketball player ever or at your pick, or at 10 in the draft or at 15?
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #3985
tbach24
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tbach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: @tbach2
Posts: 11,476
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

assani,

you said something along the lines of "nash is not that great a passer" or something like that. you didn't discredit him entirely, but it implied that he's not as great a passer as everyone gives him credit for. this might be true. maybe his passes aren't the sharpest (i disagree and believe he delivers insanely accurate passes at the level of kidd and stockton), but it's not just that, but also his decision making that leaves defenses confused and thus allows amare to do what he does to an extent. at the same time, nash's confidence in amare's athleticsm and finishing ability allows nash to be able to create the way he does.

i'm not sure why i'm addressing this, but i feel people in this thread are way too quick to give player x and player y credit when to anyone watching the game and thinking about the impact of certain things on a non-statistical level you can see that there is a significant impact when two (or more) players peform in a way like nash/stoudmire/marion, stockton/malone, or any of the other great tandems throughout history. you can see counters to this sort of idea in tandems like melo/iverson's. i could give more examples, but i'd be violating the rules.
tbach24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #3986
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
Let's say I named one. What would you say, OMG YOUR SO STUPID MCHALE SO MUCH BETTER.
Uh no, I discussed with Assani about Barkley and said he was very close to McHale. Players like Hakeem/Drob etc. are also close to McHale.

Now if u bring up someone like Dwight Howard who u drafted, and say he was better than McHale on offense then I will say OMG YOUR SO STUPID MCHALE SO MUCH BETTER.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #3987
tdarko
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tdarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,183
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Uh no, I discussed with Assani about Barkley and said he was very close to McHale. Players like Hakeem/Drob etc. are also close to McHale.

Now if u bring up someone like Dwight Howard who u drafted, and say he was better than McHale on offense then I will say OMG YOUR SO STUPID MCHALE SO MUCH BETTER.
Close, like they are friends?
tdarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #3988
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarko View Post
Close, like they are friends?
lol I know you are obv joking, but some people who are arguing with me in this thread might not realize it so i'll clarify. I mean they are close in skill.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #3989
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Uh no, I discussed with Assani about Barkley and said he was very close to McHale. Players like Hakeem/Drob etc. are also close to McHale.

Now if u bring up someone like Dwight Howard who u drafted, and say he was better than McHale on offense then I will say OMG YOUR SO STUPID MCHALE SO MUCH BETTER.
I never said he was. I draft him b/c at 22, he's already at 2 time all-nba player and his post moves and offensive game aren't that great but he's already at 20/14 guy in the NBA, also he's never had injury issues yet and is a pretty good defender. His TS% the last 2 years has been 62% and his career TS% is 59.6% (FG% is also 57% and near 60% the last 2 seasons as well as dunking a ton). HE also made 2nd team all D this year and was 5th in the league in blocks.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #3990
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
I never said he was. I draft him b/c at 22, he's already at 2 time all-nba player and his post moves and offensive game aren't that great but he's already at 20/14 guy in the NBA, also he's never had injury issues yet and is a pretty good defender. His TS% the last 2 years has been 62% and his career TS% is 59.6%. HE also made 2nd team all D this year and was 5th in the league in blocks.
Stop being a homer and acting like Dwight Howard is the second coming of Jesus please.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #3991
LurchySoprano
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LurchySoprano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,282
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

I'm 24 and I've seen McHale play a handful of times and I do think he was a very good player and taking him as low as you did (21 maybe?) was a good value pick. However, the hyperbole you've used re: McHale is hilarious. Suggesting you'd take him over Bird or Magic is LOL-tastic.
LurchySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #3992
Jack of Arcades
Jumbo Jack
 
Jack of Arcades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Bastion
Posts: 23,569
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Barkley was a better scorer, rebounder, and passser than McHale.
Jack of Arcades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #3993
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Stop being a homer and acting like Dwight Howard is the second coming of Jesus please.
I just gave you the reason I drafted him. I didn't say something like he's the best offensive player in the draft or the best defensive player in the game. I didn't make claims like:

Howard >>>>> Amare offensively, defensively, open court, defensively. I just said I drafted him b/c he is good in the paint and has huge upside. Do you see the difference?
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #3994
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchySoprano View Post
I'm 24 and I've seen McHale play a handful of times and I do think he was a very good player and taking him as low as you did (21 maybe?) was a good value pick. However, the hyperbole you've used re: McHale is hilarious. Suggesting you'd take him over Bird or Magic is LOL-tastic.
Wow you people have serious reading comprehension problems. I said in THIS particular draft because defense is so important I would, obv if we weren't made avaliable to 30 years of NBA players I would take Bird/Magic over McHale.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #3995
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Arcades View Post
Barkley was a better scorer, rebounder, and passser than McHale.
scorer is very debatable, i'd take McHale but like I said it's close so I will just call it a tie since obv I have been over this 1 million times.

Rebounding yes edge Barkley, but it's not a huge edge by any means.

Passing huge edge Barkley.

But defense McHale's edge over Barkley is soooooo big, and defense being the most important thing in this league, makes it that McHale is a better choice over Barkley.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #3996
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
I just gave you the reason I drafted him. I didn't say something like he's the best offensive player in the draft or the best defensive player in the game. I didn't make claims like:

Howard >>>>> Amare offensively, defensively, open court, defensively. I just said I drafted him b/c he is good in the paint and has huge upside. Do you see the difference?
Yes I see the difference, I was just putting words into your mouth like u did to me while ignoring most of the things u actually said, since apparently it's now the cool thing to do in this thread.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #3997
capone0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
capone0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 43,034
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Wow you people have serious reading comprehension problems. I said in THIS particular draft because defense is so important I would, obv if we weren't made avaliable to 30 years of NBA players I would take Bird/Magic over McHale.
Is McHale that great defensively. I asked you earlier what would you rank him defensively in this era? If you rank him above Duncan, Hakeem, and a handful of others I know your not being serious.
capone0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #3998
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone0 View Post
Is McHale that great defensively. I asked you earlier what would you rank him defensively in this era? If you rank him above Duncan, Hakeem, Ewing and a handful of others I know your not being serious.
Yes he is great on defense. No I would not rank him ahead of any of those players u named on defense, but he is not far behind them at all.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #3999
xxThe_Lebowskixx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indeed.
Posts: 6,512
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Will McHale's brilliant moves in his Minnesota office position count for anything?
xxThe_Lebowskixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #4000
tdarko
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tdarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,183
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

epi,

Jealous?

tdarko is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive