Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #3926
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbach24 View Post
I tried to last night when I was drunko but it didn't work. Still curious though. I tried looking through this thread for the exact riddle this morning, but couldn't find it and there's so many variations on google that I couldn't find the answer or even the original riddle.
Yeah I don't think you'll get it right. The Harvard Review of Philosophy named this as the hardest logic problem ever, so its pretty tough.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #3927
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbenhoe View Post
Didn't you just say you didn't even realize Dumars could play Point? Honestly from the way you post, I'm assuming you're about 16, which means the only way you've ever seen most of the players you're commenting on play is on random games chosen for ESPN Classic, which are more likely to be the best performances of the key players in that game, since they're not going to show some random regular season game where McHale for instance had a 16/8 game in 30 minutes of playing time.
But the analysts all say its true, so it must be!!! THE ANALYSTS!!!
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #3928
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
You guys might know more about the game TODAY but I guarentee u NBA analyists know more about the 80's than pretty much all of u so called experts. I will take Hubie Browns opinions on 80's players over any of urs anyday and it's not even close.

I mean you called Amare a better rebounder than McHale for crying out loud.
If we ask who Hubie Brown would rather have to build a franchise between MAGIC ****ING JOHNSON and McHale... I wonder what his opinion might be. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.,
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #3929
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
If we ask who Hubie Brown would rather have to build a franchise between MAGIC ****ING JOHNSON and McHale... I wonder what his opinion might be. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.,
Of course it would be Magic and I would build it with Magic too assuming it was a normal NBA era and not 30 years of avaliable players.

However in a draft like this, where there are TONS more players avaliable, and offense is so easy to find, defense is even MORE important than it normally is. Obviously u guys fail at logic to realize this.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #3930
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Because Amare needs a great PG to be great, McHale doesn't. You can't just throw the ball to Amare at the end of a game, and say hey score, like you could McHale.

Also compare McHale to other great low post scorers who were drafted ahead of him.

Hakeem only shot between like .500-.510 for most of his career. Duncan only shot like .490-.510 for most of his career. Robinson was great for his early years (shooting roughly .550) but then at 27 and later shot between .500-.510 mostly.

Barkley's fg percentage dropped drastically once they made the 5 second rule and only shot between .500-.515 basacally.

The only low post player who scored more efficently is Shaq.
First off, yes you can. Amare most definitely has one-on-one skills. Maybe not as good as McHale, but he has them.

Secondly, wtf cares!!!!??? So I'll run a pick n roll at the end of the game with him then. Hes one of the best finishing big men ever and is insanely hard to stop out of the pick n roll. Again, why do you care how they score as long as they score?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #3931
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
First off, yes you can. Amare most definitely has one-on-one skills. Maybe not as good as McHale, but he has them.

Secondly, wtf cares!!!!??? So I'll run a pick n roll at the end of the game with him then. Hes one of the best finishing big men ever and is insanely hard to stop out of the pick n roll. Again, why do you care how they score as long as they score?
Because Amare NEEDS a great pg for this to happen. There are only a handful of Steve Nash's in league history. I'm glad u ignored my posts about the other lowpost players fg percentage tho.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #3932
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
I base my arguments off what the experts say, not the 15 or so games I saw.

And wow point b just shows how clueless u are. I'm sure u think Manu isn't good enough to start either? It wasn't that McHale wasn't good enough to start (he was clearly better than Maxwell), it was that they wanted scoring off the bench. Get a clue seriously.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ the two bolded statements together in the same post
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #3933
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Why would playing on a broken foot hurt me in this format? You obviously don't realize McHale would have been FINE if he had rested his foot, and that he was very durable. It's gotten ridiculous.
This is speculation. The same type of speculation that says Grant Hill wasn't injury prone but he just rushed back too quickly.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #3934
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ the two bolded statements together in the same post
And what do you base ur posts off of, the "drtg" rating on basketball referance which would indicate McHale was a below average defender, when infact he was one of the best defenders in his era?

Or the fact that he didn't start for 6 years, even though Manu doesn't start either? Manu clearly isn't even an all-star type player, I MEAN HE DOESN'T EVEN START!!!!!! And then claim that it was because McHale wasn't good enough to start even though he clearly was better than Maxwell?

Um yeahhhhhhhh LOL @ u
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #3935
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
omg I didn't know one little thing about Joe Dumars omgggggggg alert the presses.
When you don't know one of the positions that one of the best players in NBA history plays and then you go on to call other people clueless and STATE YOUR OPINIONS AS FACTS WITHOUT PROVIDING EVIDENCE(one of my biggest pet peeves) you're going to get called out on it big time. Deal with it.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #3936
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
When you don't know one of the positions that one of the best players in NBA history plays and then you go on to call other people clueless and STATE YOUR OPINIONS AS FACTS WITHOUT PROVIDING EVIDENCE(one of my biggest pet peeves) you're going to get called out on it big time. Deal with it.
uh he played the majority at SG, not PG.

Yes Amare is a better rebounder than Kevin Mchale, YOU HAVE THE FACTS TO BACK IT UP, BASKETBALL REFERANCE SAYS SO LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #3937
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
I mean you called Amare a better rebounder than McHale for crying out loud.
Silly me thinking that the guy who got more rebounds in less minutes while playing a slower pace was the better rebounder. Clearly I didn't look deep within the stats like you're capable of.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #3938
tdarko
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tdarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,183
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Wait a second are the modern day Suns' big men being compared to the 80's C's big men? wtf?

Parish and Marion's rebounding were/are pretty close despite 5 inches in height--which obv means Marion is way more EXPLOSIVE. Had to use it, hasn't been said in awhile.
tdarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #3939
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Yeah I don't think you'll get it right. The Harvard Review of Philosophy named this as the hardest logic problem ever, so its pretty tough.
actually, i know of a several logic based math questions that remain unsolved, and by extension are more difficult than this problem.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #3940
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Obviously u guys fail at logic to realize this.
Of course, its us...we're all stupid and you're smart. You're never wrong. I still havn't seen you ever change you opinion on something even though you claim that you're willing to. You come across as EXTREMELY close minded imo.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #3941
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Silly me thinking that the guy who got more rebounds in less minutes while playing a slower pace was the better rebounder. Clearly I didn't look deep within the stats like you're capable of.
Yes and then go ask anyone with any clue about basketball in the 80's and today's game, and tell them you think Amare is a better rebounder than Kevin McHale. You can even bring up ur fancy basketball referance stats while they point and laugh at you.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #3942
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

ugh, where is nick, same business as zoid. sigh
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #3943
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Of course, its us...we're all stupid and you're smart. You're never wrong. I still havn't seen you ever change you opinion on something even though you claim that you're willing to. You come across as EXTREMELY close minded imo.
This is coming from someone who implied McHale didn't start because he wasn't good enough to, and that Amare is a better rebounder than Kevin McHale. Um ya, that tells me all I need to know.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #3944
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Because Amare NEEDS a great pg for this to happen. There are only a handful of Steve Nash's in league history. I'm glad u ignored my posts about the other lowpost players fg percentage tho.
No! It does not take a great PG to make Amare successful in the pick n roll. Steve Nash is great because of his insane shooting ability for a PG. Contrary to popular belief, Steve Nash is not that much better at passing than (just realized I was naming names...basically I named a bunch of slightly above average NBA PGs). Any PG would be successful at running the pick n roll with Amare. Nash's value comes from his shooting which then opens up the floor for his passing because opponents must respect his shot so much.

And I ignored your comparison of McHale to other's FG% because we're not talking about other players vs McHale. We're talking about Amare vs McHale. This is what people were talking about when they said that nearly all your posts seem to be about McHale. Leave those other players out of this discussion.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #3945
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
And what do you base ur posts off of, the "drtg" rating on basketball referance which would indicate McHale was a below average defender, when infact he was one of the best defenders in his era?

Or the fact that he didn't start for 6 years, even though Manu doesn't start either? Manu clearly isn't even an all-star type player, I MEAN HE DOESN'T EVEN START!!!!!! And then claim that it was because McHale wasn't good enough to start even though he clearly was better than Maxwell?

Um yeahhhhhhhh LOL @ u
Where did I bring up drtg? Where did I bring up Manu? As Vyse would say "Strawman much?"
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #3946
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
actually, i know of a several logic based math questions that remain unsolved, and by extension are more difficult than this problem.
I didn't make any statement of my own, just told you what they claimed.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #3947
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Yes and then go ask anyone with any clue about basketball in the 80's and today's game, and tell them you think Amare is a better rebounder than Kevin McHale. You can even bring up ur fancy basketball referance stats while they point and laugh at you.
EPipeN11,

Stop using this "go ask an ESPN analyst and they'll tell you...." argument.

Its complete speculation on your part of what someone else would say. For that reason alone its a ridiculous argument.

If you have some of your own insight, I'd love to hear it, but your entire argument seems to be telling me to "ask the experts".
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #3948
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
No! It does not take a great PG to make Amare successful in the pick n roll. Steve Nash is great because of his insane shooting ability for a PG. Contrary to popular belief, Steve Nash is not that much better at passing than (just realized I was naming names...basically I named a bunch of slightly above average NBA PGs). Any PG would be successful at running the pick n roll with Amare. Nash's value comes from his shooting which then opens up the floor for his passing because opponents must respect his shot so much.

And I ignored your comparison of McHale to other's FG% because we're not talking about other players vs McHale. We're talking about Amare vs McHale. This is what people were talking about when they said that nearly all your posts seem to be about McHale. Leave those other players out of this discussion.
Of course Amare would be successful with any PG in the pick and roll, Amare is a great player. He just wouldn't be nearly as succesful as he is with Nash.

And it's because fg% off pick and rolls and fg% off low post are two different things (obv the pick and roll one is higher, because they are only getting the ball for the most part when they are open). I'm sure u think Chandler is a great offensive player too, I mean he shoots 60 percent from the field lol.

When comparing McHale's fg% u need to compare him to other low post scorers, not to pick and roll only players for reasons I explained above. McHale wins vs all of them except Shaq.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #3949
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
This is coming from someone who implied McHale didn't start because he wasn't good enough to, and that Amare is a better rebounder than Kevin McHale. Um ya, that tells me all I need to know.
I seriously think you're the most arrogant person I've ever encountered on this board, and thats saying something. Are you like this in real life? You never ever think you could be wrong. I still havn't seen you change your opinion ever.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #3950
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Where did I bring up drtg? Where did I bring up Manu? As Vyse would say "Strawman much?"
I thought u did bring up drtg, since u always seem to throughout this thread. I mean it's on basketball referance, it clearly is a great stat and tells everything.

And the Manu point was in regards to u claiming McHale there was a reason McHale didn't start (implying that he wasn't good enough to). I compared it to Manu of today's game just so u could see how ridiculous ur statement was.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive