Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 01:00 AM   #3601
HighStakesPro
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,949
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
clark -
1. im very cranky, my team is getting spanked and is about to get eliminated.
2. my other team can;'t play on the road and could legitimately get eliminated next game.
3. come on, it's friday night, you're on 2p2, its not like there's an alarm going off anytime i post something that needs to be edited
4. i dont have anything else to say, just had to shower to take a break from the game it was so upsetting, and while gone, looks like we've made a mini run. weird.
it could be worse, you could be a dubs fan, sharks fan, 49ers fan, and giants fan like me.
HighStakesPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #3602
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

<<<< Knicks fan

Last edited by Franchise 60; 05-17-2008 at 01:01 AM. Reason: jk Super Bowl Champs yo
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #3603
tdarko
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tdarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,183
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Bobbo the rebel, who would have thunk?
tdarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #3604
nath
the second coming of the second coming
 
nath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rust and Marty, a hundred years
Posts: 67,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighStakesPro View Post
dubs
haha, I've never heard them called this. At first glance it seemed ridiculous but now I think I like it.
nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #3605
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Dubs is a good nickname.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #3606
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkNasty View Post
I know, but I've edited 3 of your posts the last few days. I'm maybe cranky, but I'm being honest...I've got better things to do.
loooooollllll.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #3607
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

So did Vyse get banned in SE or by someone else?
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #3608
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Tug
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #3609
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbfc View Post


His numbers aren't as good because he didn't start until Kwame got hurt. If you look at his gamelog from when he became the starter, it's domination after domination with a few key exceptions (BOS/SA/ORL and a game against Denver where he was hospitalized with a stomach virus but had to play because Turiaf got a concussion). The Lakers starting lineup with him was like +19pts/100. He DUNKED ON EVERYONE (except bos/sa/orl). Can you find me examples of anyone destroying Amare the way he did?
.
I guess this is the main thing I was arguing then. You kept referring to his "half of a season" when in reality it was about 15 games.
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #3610
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

We are still talking about the Bynum pick?

Worst pick everrrr
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #3611
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
who the **** is on the clock.

Epip are you an only child? You sound like it. I bet when you played cops and robbers when you were a kid and someone pointed their finger gun and said "gotcha you're dead!!" you'd be that kid who always ruined the game and always argued any way you could that you weren't dead because of XYZ.
lol no I have a brother, and no I am def not close to this serious in person (or even on the internet most of the time) I joke around a lot etc
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #3612
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
lol no I have a brother, and no I am def not close to this serious in person (or even on the internet most of the time) I joke around a lot etc
EPipeN11:

1. What is your middle name?

2. When you thought I was making fun of your username when I capitalized the wrong letter, what exactly did you think I was making fun of?

3. Are you going to be at this year's WSOP?

4. Are you pleased with how the speed of the draft turned out?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #3613
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
I really don't feel like it dude. We've been through this all before. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I CAN SAY TO EVER MAKE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND. If I thought there was a chance you'd change your mind, then I'd give it a go but its just pointless.

At this point I'm honestly much more interested in getting into the mind of a homer than actually debating with you whether you are one or not. Honest question: Do you think we all are biased against Boston sports? Do you think its just a coincidence that you and I seem to agree on 90% of things non-Boston related but on 0% of things Boston related? Do you think I in particular am biased against Boston? These things fascinate me....
I will answer ur 2nd part first even though it's obv u think i'm a homer i'm not.

I don't think you all are biased against Boston sports. I think some of you are though, not all. I don't think you urself are bias against it, I just think you don't know as much about Boston sports as I do (I am sure I don't know as much as ur favorite home teams sports teams as u do as well).

We don't even disagree on that many things about Boston sports, just a few. I have no idea why u say 0%, as I am sure we agree on a ton of Boston sports things as well.

Things like people calling me a homer tilt the heck out of me, cause I am far from it. If I was a homer, I would not think Duncan is better than KG. If I was a homer I would never call KG slightly overrated. If I was a homer, I would think the Celtics are unbeatable. If I was a homer, then how come almost every Boston fan is higher on Rondo and Powe than I am? Shouldn't I be slobbering on these guys too? Shouldn't I be in love with Big Baby also and saying how much potential he has?

If I was a homer why do I think Kobe is amazing (he is a Laker, I should hate the Lakers which I do, but I am still not bias). Why would a homer EVER say Kobe has a chance of passing Jordan when his career is done??? If I am a homer, why did I trash the Bird pick when Kidcolin made it?? If I am a homer, why didn't I draft like ANY Celtic players except for Eddie House in our N2 Fantasy league?

There are so many more examples I could give, but it will take me hours to type. /rant

And to your first part. I have changed my mind plenty of times before in my life. If you make an actual convicing argument then I will think about stuff logically, but none of u had said anything to logically dismiss McHale (cloning at 24) being worse than a Barkley clone at 24 or any other PF cloned at 24 (not counting Duncan but I consider him a center anyway). None of you brought up any good arguments to refute my claims of 6thman/playing on a broken foot.

The thing what you guys don't realize is I am NOT saying McHale RIGHT NOW IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA is a better PF than Barkley/Malone/KG etc. McHale didn't have the longevity, or got a chance to lead his team.

However if u clone all the PF's in this era, and make them 24 like in our draft, and McHale can actually play serious minutres (37-40 mpg) right away, and be the actual focal point of a team (not Bird), and NOT play on a broken foot which ruined his career, that he would most likley turn out better than Barkley/Malone/KG etc. and I have seen nothing to convince to me that claim is wrong.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #3614
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
EPipeN11:

1. What is your middle name?

2. When you thought I was making fun of your username when I capitalized the wrong letter, what exactly did you think I was making fun of?

3. Are you going to be at this year's WSOP?

4. Are you pleased with how the speed of the draft turned out?
1. Alexander

2. I don't even remember

3. No I hate tournies, especially live ones

4. No I wish it was faster, this is taking ridiculously long
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:49 AM   #3615
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Is every post by EPi in this thread a level?
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:51 AM   #3616
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
I will answer ur 2nd part first even though it's obv u think i'm a homer i'm not.

I don't think you all are biased against Boston sports. I think some of you are though, not all. I don't think you urself are bias against it, I just think you don't know as much about Boston sports as I do (I am sure I don't know as much as ur favorite home teams sports teams as u do as well).

We don't even disagree on that many things about Boston sports, just a few. I have no idea why u say 0%, as I am sure we agree on a ton of Boston sports things as well.

Things like people calling me a homer tilt the heck out of me, cause I am far from it. If I was a homer, I would not think Duncan is better than KG. If I was a homer I would never call KG slightly overrated. If I was a homer, I would think the Celtics are unbeatable. If I was a homer, then how come almost every Boston fan is higher on Rondo and Powe than I am? Shouldn't I be slobbering on these guys too? Shouldn't I be in love with Big Baby also and saying how much potential he has?

If I was a homer why do I think Kobe is amazing (he is a Laker, I should hate the Lakers which I do, but I am still not bias). Why would a homer EVER say Kobe has a chance of passing Jordan when his career is done??? If I am a homer, why did I trash the Bird pick when Kidcolin made it?? If I am a homer, why didn't I draft like ANY Celtic players except for Eddie House in our N2 Fantasy league?

There are so many more examples I could give, but it will take me hours to type. /rant

And to your first part. I have changed my mind plenty of times before in my life. If you make an actual convicing argument then I will think about stuff logically, but none of u had said anything to logically dismiss McHale (cloning at 24) being worse than a Barkley clone at 24 or any other PF cloned at 24 (not counting Duncan but I consider him a center anyway). None of you brought up any good arguments to refute my claims of 6thman/playing on a broken foot.

The thing what you guys don't realize is I am NOT saying McHale RIGHT NOW IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA is a better PF than Barkley/Malone/KG etc. McHale didn't have the longevity, or got a chance to lead his team.

However if u clone all the PF's in this era, and make them 24 like in our draft, and McHale can actually play serious minutres (37-40 mpg) right away, and be the actual focal point of a team (not Bird), and NOT play on a broken foot which ruined his career, that he would most likley turn out better than Barkley/Malone/KG etc. and I have seen nothing to convince to me that claim is wrong.
Pointing out a few examples where you rank non-Boston players highly, where you rank non-Boston players over Boston players, or where you rank Boston players lowly does not prove anything. I already responded to this when I said that I expected this type of post.

No big deal, lets just end this though as we're not getting anywhere. I will happily debate the Charles/McHale thing though, as I'm very unconvinced by your arguments so far which appear to be "McHale never got a chance to prove himself, but in the very small sample size of one or two seasons in which he did I think he was better than Charles(even though the stats don't completely back me up even on that) and I think that in our league he could duplicate those one or two seasons over his entire career."
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #3617
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
Pointing out a few examples where you rank non-Boston players highly, where you rank non-Boston players over Boston players, or where you rank Boston players lowly does not prove anything. I already responded to this when I said that I expected this type of post.

No big deal, lets just end this though as we're not getting anywhere. I will happily debate the Charles/McHale thing though, as I'm very unconvinced by your arguments so far which appear to be "McHale never got a chance to prove himself, but in the very small sample size of one or two seasons in which he did I think he was better than Charles(even though the stats don't completely back me up even on that) and I think that in our league he could duplicate those one or two seasons over his entire career."
The thing is there are tons of times I rank non-Boston players highly or think they are overrated etc. Those are just a few examples, I didn't feel like writing a novel.

I obv don't think McHale will duplicate his 1 great year every single year, but he will put up sick numbers, (prob a slightly lower percentage with more points).

McHale has better post moves than Barkley and it's not even close. McHale can get his shot over pretty much any defender in the league Barkley obv can't. Barkley has the edge in quickness but McHale was very quick for his size, and since Barkley can't back his defender down for 15+ seconds (5 second rule will be inplace in this league) his stats/game will suffer as it did once the rule got put in. McHale also had a better jump shot than Barkley (especially later in his career).

Barkley has the edge in rebounding, although I think it's a lot closer than people think (McHale is def capable of grabbing 13-14 boards if he is the lone rebounder on a team like Barkley).

Barkley is obv a better passer than McHale, but McHale could pass when he wanted to. After Danny Ainge called McHale a blackhole, McHale responded with 10 assists.

McHale was a much better ft shooter than Barkley was (especially later in McHale's career).

And the biggest difference by far between the two was defense. McHale is so much better than Barkley on defense, that I don't even think it's really that close who I would rather have a team with.

I would also rather take KG and Malone (and obv Duncan) over Barkley as well.

Last edited by EPiPeN11; 05-17-2008 at 02:27 AM.
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:00 AM   #3618
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
1. Alexander

2. I don't even remember

3. No I hate tournies, especially live ones

4. No I wish it was faster, this is taking ridiculously long
1. Cool. Does anyone ever call you 'Al'?

2. Ok, just wanted to make sure you weren't upset, as I didn't do it intentionally at all.

3. But they're so soft. You play 3/6 and 5/10 online, right? I simply can't understand why anyone would want to play in such tough games when they could beat tourneys so much easier and probably for more money.

4. Obviously it'd be awesome to have a pick every 10 minutes, but I think you've been proven wrong, no? You wanted me to enforce a 24 hour time limit and you even started your own league with that(later changed it to 15 hour time limit). I told you that even without a time limit we'd be far under 15 hours for 90% of the picks at least.


A few more questions:


1. Why wouldn't you come to the WSOP for the cash games?

2. DIf Bernard King were eligible for this draft where do you think he should go?

3. Three gods A , B , and C are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A , B , and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are “da” and “ja”, in some order. You do not know which word means which. How can you complete your task?

4. Would you rather get a new watch or have a hamster put in your pants?
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #3619
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assani Fisher View Post
1. Cool. Does anyone ever call you 'Al'?

2. Ok, just wanted to make sure you weren't upset, as I didn't do it intentionally at all.

3. But they're so soft. You play 3/6 and 5/10 online, right? I simply can't understand why anyone would want to play in such tough games when they could beat tourneys so much easier and probably for more money.

4. Obviously it'd be awesome to have a pick every 10 minutes, but I think you've been proven wrong, no? You wanted me to enforce a 24 hour time limit and you even started your own league with that(later changed it to 15 hour time limit). I told you that even without a time limit we'd be far under 15 hours for 90% of the picks at least.


A few more questions:


1. Why wouldn't you come to the WSOP for the cash games?

2. DIf Bernard King were eligible for this draft where do you think he should go?

3. Three gods A , B , and C are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A , B , and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are “da” and “ja”, in some order. You do not know which word means which. How can you complete your task?

4. Would you rather get a new watch or have a hamster put in your pants?
lol wtf is this 20 questions with assani fisher?

1. No most people don't even know my middle name (they call me my first name which is Josh).

3. 5/10 3/6 and 2/4 full ring cause I play 24 tables and there aren't enough 5/10 and 3/6 tables. I can make more money in online cash than I can in high variance tournies, I see like 40x more hands per hour playing online cash than I would in a tourny.

4. I wanted only committed users. Like if it was a draft with me u clark kidcolin bobbo tbach etc. it would have gone a lot quicker than if we had included like 5-10 people who don't post here often.

1. I don't like live poker in general it's way too slow paced (and I grew up playing live poker too).

2. slightly lower than Charles Barkley should have (although I obv didn't see King play)

3. . Your task is to determine the identities of A , B , and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god.

Does this mean I can ask 3 questions to each god, one question to each god, or 3 questions to only 1 god?

4. lol obv watch
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #3620
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Ok someone needs to pick, I don't even know whats going on in this thread right now.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #3621
.Alex.
Pooh-Bah
 
.Alex.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 5,737
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Does this mean I can ask 3 questions to each god, one question to each god, or 3 questions to only 1 god?
none of the above imo
.Alex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #3622
Assani Fisher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Assani Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 48,128
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
Does this mean I can ask 3 questions to each god, one question to each god, or 3 questions to only 1 god?
3 total questions. Each must be addressed to only one God. However you could ask all 3 questions to one God, two to one and one to another(and zero to the third), or one question to each God. Its all up to you, pal!
Assani Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #3623
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
3. But they're so soft. You play 3/6 and 5/10 online, right? I simply can't understand why anyone would want to play in such tough games when they could beat tourneys so much easier and probably for more money.
lol live games. mebbe bc he doesnt want to sit with a bunch of complete *******s seeing 30 hands/hr where variance takes over a lifetime to overcome.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #3624
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise 60 View Post
Ok someone needs to pick, I don't even know whats going on in this thread right now.
no sht. battscher is approaching highstakespro level of douchedom with his negligence.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:20 AM   #3625
fanmail
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fanmail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Crown Town
Posts: 32,416
Re: Modern Era NBA Build a Franchise Draft Discussion

Dudes,

I pretty much would have been the best power forward ever if I was 6 inches taller and didn't retire after high school. I had sick post moves. My D was tough.
fanmail is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive