Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #1526
CohibaBehike
Pooh-Bah
 
CohibaBehike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LS Life
Posts: 3,651
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Lance Armstrong happiest man in America this morning??
CohibaBehike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #1527
dnh83
Pooh-Bah
 
dnh83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,644
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Sophomore dies in kiln explosion? Oh My God! I just talked to her last week... She was going to make a pot for me.
dnh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #1528
dlk9s
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dlk9s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Correct, as usual.
Posts: 22,491
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Stephen A bringing the goods.
dlk9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #1529
ForumWithdrawal
Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator.
 
ForumWithdrawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk9s View Post
Stephen A bringing the goods.
Even took off his glasses for a moment.
ForumWithdrawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #1530
dlk9s
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dlk9s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Correct, as usual.
Posts: 22,491
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumWithdrawal View Post
Even took off his glasses for a moment.
That was awesome. Looked deep into the camera and questioned how Manti was in love without having touched her, hugged her, caressed her...
dlk9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #1531
BigPoppa
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BigPoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Solitary,poor,nasty, brutish, short
Posts: 22,220
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnh83 View Post
Sophomore dies in kiln explosion? Oh My God! I just talked to her last week... She was going to make a pot for me.
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #1532
dlk9s
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dlk9s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Correct, as usual.
Posts: 22,491
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

I love how the First Take moderator is being all serious and trying to encourage opinions that side with Manti. You know, to discuss all sides.
dlk9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #1533
rakeme
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,715
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

This **** happens all the time on Catfish. It's not out of the realm of possibility that this was actually real and he's telling the truth. The only thing that doesn't really add up though is I hear he was in Hawaii at the same time his "gf" was, but they never met. That doesn't add up. (although, on Catfish a few times they have lived less than 20 miles near eachother and never met, so I don't know what to believe)

The gay cover up seems the least likely if you ask me. It's either he did it for publicity or he was actually catfished and is innocent.

Last edited by rakeme; 01-17-2013 at 11:38 AM.
rakeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #1534
ForumWithdrawal
Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator.
 
ForumWithdrawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,534
30 minutes dedicated by first take and it ends with Stephen A alluding to possible gay cover up.

I will tell my imaginary grandkids about this story.
ForumWithdrawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #1535
The Camel
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,202
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Several super intelligent and analytical poker players fell under the spell of PeachyMer.

Heaven only knows what the true story of that individual behind that persona is.

I certainly think it's possible for a naive, socially awkward person to be hoaxed for a considerable amount of time.

Until completely compelling evidence appears that he was in on the whole thing, I'm prepared to believe his story.
The Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #1536
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,249
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Didn't PeachyMer get a Pokerstars contract or something? I don't really know the full story behind that, but I seem to remember that
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #1537
Ungoliant
Pooh-Bah
 
Ungoliant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: lurking
Posts: 4,103
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeme View Post
The gay cover up seems the least likely if you ask me. It's either he did it for publicity or he was actually catfished and is innocent.
Even if it's 100% a hoax and he wasn't in on it, he still willfully exaggerated the relationship to everyone (i.e. never mentioning that he never met "the love of his life"), including outright lying to his own family about how they first met, meeting her in Hawaii, etc. I mean, even giving him every benefit of the doubt, he's still a pathetic liar who did a lot on his own to build up this situation, not a 100% innocent victim.
Ungoliant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #1538
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeme View Post
This **** happens all the time on Catfish. It's not out of the realm of possibility that this was actually real and he's telling the truth. The only thing that doesn't really add up though is I hear he was in Hawaii at the same time his "gf" was, but they never met. That doesn't add up. (although, on Catfish a few times they have lived less than 20 miles near eachother and never met, so I don't know what to believe)

The gay cover up seems the least likely if you ask me. It's either he did it for publicity or he was actually catfished and is innocent.
Most of the people who get Catfished are losers who aren't captain of the Notre Dame football team and on pace to get rich playing in the NFL.

You seem to be overlooking this detail.
TheDean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #1539
The Camel
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,202
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd View Post
Didn't PeachyMer get a Pokerstars contract or something? I don't really know the full story behind that, but I seem to remember that
Yeah, she was a TeamOnline pro.

But Stars wouldn't release any facts about her.

She kept promising to meet people. turn up at poker tournaments etc.

But never showed up.

Michael Phelps was something to do with her too.

All very strange it was.
The Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #1540
cking
2008 WCOOP ME Champ
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: running above expectation
Posts: 5,196
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
Several super intelligent and analytical poker players fell under the spell of PeachyMer.

Heaven only knows what the true story of that individual behind that persona is.

I certainly think it's possible for a naive, socially awkward person to be hoaxed for a considerable amount of time.

Until completely compelling evidence appears that he was in on the whole thing, I'm prepared to believe his story.
funny enough I have legit been on the phone several times with a southern female who claimed to be peachymer. No idea if she was real, don't really care
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #1541
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

FWIW I think the gay scenario is overwhelmingly likely.

In my mind this went down sitcom style where he intended to say "my girlfriend died" as a metaphor for coming out of the closet, but then instead of clarifying he changed his mind and ran with the fake storyline.
TheDean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #1542
wall de Ripper
banned
 
wall de Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GOATING IT UP IN SE
Posts: 1,471
Awsome shirt

Sent from my SGH-T989 using 2+2 Forums
Ugh pic not working never mind
wall de Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #1543
27offsuit
actions have consequences!
 
27offsuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweet ass inya face
Posts: 35,897
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

27offsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #1544
GoingBroke777
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,993
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

wow 1500 posts.... I guess i should of check here when it broke yesterday....
GoingBroke777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1545
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
funny enough I have legit been on the phone several times with a southern female who claimed to be peachymer. No idea if she was real, don't really care
You can confirm that it was a female right?
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #1546
rakeme
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,715
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean1 View Post
Most of the people who get Catfished are losers who aren't captain of the Notre Dame football team and on pace to get rich playing in the NFL.

You seem to be overlooking this detail.
Not the case at all. I just watched one last night he was captain of the lacrosse team and the most popular kid in school and he got lied to by a guy pretending to be a girl for 2 years. But yea, this is definitely the most ****ed up story ever due to his notoriety.
rakeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #1547
Jzo19
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Jzo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 11,339
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

fwiw most people think the original catfish documentary was bull**** , and i wouldnt expect anything real to come from the mtv show (2nd level catfish obv )
Jzo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #1548
AUGUY55
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AUGUY55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: All aboard^
Posts: 21,052
When is this catfish show typically on?
AUGUY55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #1549
El Rata
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Rata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 31,467
Re: Manti Te'o: rut roh

El Rata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #1550
ForumWithdrawal
Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator.
 
ForumWithdrawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeme View Post
Not the case at all. I just watched one last night he was captain of the lacrosse team and the most popular kid in school and he got lied to by a guy pretending to be a girl for 2 years. But yea, this is definitely the most ****ed up story ever due to his notoriety.
By the gay black kid? He should have banged the best friend that was there at the end.

The thing is teo apparently talked for long hours on the phone with her, so it's either an ugly chick or if it's the guy he needed help from a girl. Assuming he wasn't in on it.
ForumWithdrawal is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive