Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #3476
RacersEdge
banned
 
RacersEdge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bluff City
Posts: 14,289
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Do people in real life know this guys story exactly? To me its just "blah blah girlfriend blah blah hoax blah blah no girlfriend" - or something close. I just hate the fact that now with tebow gone, this clown will be the new human "interest" story that gets jammed down our throats every week.
RacersEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #3477
LuckyLloyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LuckyLloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: There's always next year...
Posts: 11,103
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasp27 View Post
ITT people actually are using the fake gf as an excuse for ND losing

Wow, just wow
Nope. ITT people note that the margin of victory and nature of ND's performance would undoubtedly have been adversely affected by the news. Shouldn't be a controversial point, infact it should be incredibly obvious.

Bama would still have rightly been favourites, just a shame we'll never know how they actually would have matched up all things being equal. That's life.
LuckyLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #3478
ludacris
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ludacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hamsterdam. Got dem WMD's.
Posts: 12,277
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton View Post
I continue to laugh at everyone who thinks they are better talent evaluators than every single pundit during draft coverage. If you want to believe that he was overhyped during the season because of ND or the girlfriend or whatever reason that's great. But there's no reason at all for them to keep pimping him as a first/second round pick after that.

Even Tim Tebow basically got railroaded by the McShay's of the world during draft coverage.

Now I'm not saying he's going to be Ray Lewis or something, but I have a tough time believing McShay(and sources), Kiper(and sources), Mayock(and sources) and lots of other scouts were all dead wrong and the guy is destined to suck in the NFL.
Because there's never been a draft bust in the NFL.
ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #3479
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncla View Post
Watch Bama game become Te'o expert...

It's pretty hard to look good when your entire team is getting run over and dominated on both sides of the ball.
It's not just the Alabama game.. plenty of us watched a lot of Te'o before the Alabama game and concluded that he has a lot of glaring deficiencies. They were hidden a bit because he was playing against less than stellar competition. When he faced a bunch of NFL caliber talent, those deficiencies could not be hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton View Post
I continue to laugh at everyone who thinks they are better talent evaluators than every single pundit during draft coverage. If you want to believe that he was overhyped during the season because of ND or the girlfriend or whatever reason that's great. But there's no reason at all for them to keep pimping him as a first/second round pick after that.

Even Tim Tebow basically got railroaded by the McShay's of the world during draft coverage.

Now I'm not saying he's going to be Ray Lewis or something, but I have a tough time believing McShay(and sources), Kiper(and sources), Mayock(and sources) and lots of other scouts were all dead wrong and the guy is destined to suck in the NFL.
Since when, on this forum, do we encourage people to just go along with everything said by the media and people who have proven to be bad at their jobs?

I watched a ton of Manti Te'o before the Alabama game. Several things stuck out to me. He lunges after ball carriers rather than tackling properly, he guesses on plays because he has his eyes in the backfield, and he takes blocks straight on instead of at an angle like he's supposed to do.

Here's the Alabama tape:



Here's some of the plays that, in my mind, confirmed that Te'o has big issues that are going to really prevent him from being a productive player in the NFL.

0:46- This is exactly what I'm talking about wrt Te'o guessing. He does this all the time.



This is the play right after the snap. Both LBs shifted to their right at the snap. Louis Nix (#9) is beating the OL inside. Stephon Tuitt (#7) has outside/contain responsibility. With all the help outside, Teo's job right here is to help stuff anything up the middle. The other LB is in position to stop anything off left guard/tackle. Notice the WR coming across the screen being used as a decoy.



Te'o guesses that the WR is going to get the ball and begins to shift back to his left. You can see in this picture that he's shifted his weight back to that side of the field to try to make a play on the WR.



At this point, he's made the move over there and he's in no man's land. He realizes at this point that the RB has the ball and he's going to try to recover.



But because he guessed wrong, he can't recover. He lunges after Lacy and Lacy scores a touchdown on a 20 yard run.

This is completely on Te'o. Notre Dame has everything defended well in this play if Te'o simply sticks to his responsibility. He has free reign to fill the space in the middle and make a tackle, but he guessed and can't recover in time.

1:56- This is another 20 yard (near touchdown) run that is directly on Te'o. He makes 2 of the mistakes he often makes: he guesses and he takes an OL on directly.



This is right about when the ball is being handed off. Zeke Motta is shooting the gap on the left side of the OL. You can kinda see his helmet between 2 of Alabama's OL (89 and 71). The ND DT engaged with #71 is in good shape, beating the lineman to the inside. And then there's Te'o. He guessed the wrong way when his responsiblity is to fill the space left of #75. He has Chance Warmack coming at him for a block. He should be taking on half of Warmack leaving the left side of his body to make a tackle if the RB hits that hole.



But he guessed wrong so he can't get outside. He compounds the mistake by engaging Warmack full on instead of leaving half of his body free to get off the block. Warmack is going to win that battle every time.



Warmack still has him fully engaged because he didn't leave any of his body free.



And that leaves the right side of the middle wide open for the RB to cut outside for a big run.

2:15- Te'o guesses wrong again here, and it leads to the TE being wide open for a touchdown.

4:25- He hits the gap well but lunges after Yeldon. This is how he tackles. He has an easy TFL here which would force a punt if he just tackles how he should.

6:10- I have no ****ing clue what he's doing here. This is just a terrible, terrible play. There's a huge hole right where his responsibility is and he just decided to jump into the pile instead.

In picture form:



7:35- This is another great example of Te'o guessing wrong and vacating the open space that the RB ends up running through. Again, it results in a 3rd down conversion on 3rd and short.

There's plenty of other examples in there of Te'o making poor plays because he's guessing, taking on blockers improperly and using poor tackling technique.

What I will say is that I don't see the terrible pass coverage that Palo is always going on about. I don't see any major errors there in the passing game. When I watched the rest of his tape earlier this season, it's the one thing that I thought he did well.

Cliffs:

Spoiler:
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #3480
LuckyLloyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LuckyLloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: There's always next year...
Posts: 11,103
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Yes, he played dreadfully against Alabama. A significant part in his performance would have been the nightmare personal **** he was dealing with at that time. Examples of his play from the regular season are far more relevant - and you can probably find more than enough there to prove your point.

I wouldn't be surprised if NFL scouts wrote off the Bama game from any assessment of his draftability.
LuckyLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #3481
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Okay, Dr. Phil.
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #3482
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo View Post
Tim Tebow was mega elite in college. He sucks in the pros and was expected by many to suck.
He was never elite. He was a mediocre player on an elite team playing the position people give way too much credit to when the team wins.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #3483
Noze
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Noze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A League
Posts: 25,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
Yes, he played dreadfully against Alabama. A significant part in his performance would have been the nightmare personal **** he was dealing with at that time. Examples of his play from the regular season are far more relevant - and you can probably find more than enough there to prove your point.

I wouldn't be surprised if NFL scouts wrote off the Bama game from any assessment of his draftability.
Rofl
Noze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #3484
Needle77
No Longer Protecting
 
Needle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kutztown is in the Hall of Fame
Posts: 43,162
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

MJW I couldn't be more proud.
Needle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #3485
NLSoldier
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NLSoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hello Ted
Posts: 24,240
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
Nope. ITT people note that the margin of victory and nature of ND's performance would undoubtedly have been adversely affected by the news. Shouldn't be a controversial point, infact it should be incredibly obvious.

Bama would still have rightly been favourites, just a shame we'll never know how they actually would have matched up all things being equal. That's life.
omg LOOOOOOOOOOOL
NLSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #3486
Randal_Graves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Randal_Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: @tj_jurk
Posts: 10,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
Bama would still have rightly been favourites, just a shame we'll never know how they actually would have matched up all things being equal. That's life.
I can't even muster up laughter for this statement.
Randal_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #3487
Thamel18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Thamel18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA #1
Posts: 10,095
Manti dealt with real adversity in the regular season and seemed to do fine. Finding out he's been trolled doesn't seem like it should have an effect
Thamel18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #3488
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,407
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
Nope. ITT people note that the margin of victory and nature of ND's performance would undoubtedly have been adversely affected by the news. Shouldn't be a controversial point, infact it should be incredibly obvious.

Bama would still have rightly been favourites, just a shame we'll never know how they actually would have matched up all things being equal. That's life.
I always knew ND fans were different but wow. It's like you're from another planet.
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #3489
LuckyLloyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LuckyLloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: There's always next year...
Posts: 11,103
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLSoldier View Post
omg LOOOOOOOOOOOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal_Graves View Post
I can't even muster up laughter for this statement.
So the collective position is that the breaking of the fake gf nonsense to the team during the run up to the game would have had no effect on Notre Dame's performance?

Seems like an obviously flawed analysis, but hey I do understand that the hate can be quite blinding.
LuckyLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #3490
vaya
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Possible Kill Screen
Posts: 15,159
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

If ND fans were rational then football season wouldn't be nearly as fun
vaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #3491
ut2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ut2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Religion in the fack killed my soul
Posts: 38,732
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Assumed Lloyd was trolling. An elite SEC team gonna crush a team from the north all day every day.
ut2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #3492
DrunkIrish05
old hand
 
DrunkIrish05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,786
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
He was never elite. He was a mediocre player on an elite team playing the position people give way too much credit to when the team wins.
Was he elite in high school when he was a consensus 5-star recruit? Or did he just stop being elite when he came to ND?
DrunkIrish05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #3493
heater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Happy Easter!
Posts: 11,407
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkIrish05 View Post
Was he elite in high school when he was a consensus 5-star recruit? Or did he just stop being elite when he came to ND?
Tim Tebow went to Notre Dame?
heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #3494
Palo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Palo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,564
With or without fake girlfriends Notre Dame had as much of a chance against Bama as a scissor lift operator at a ND practice.
Palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #3495
natediggity
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
natediggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,163
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo View Post
Tim Tebow was mega elite in college. He sucks in the pros and was expected by many to suck.

Jake Locker is a better example. He was projected by many as a potential #1 overall pick and still went in the top ten despite literally never having a statistical top 50 QB season in any of his four years in college where he had a 52% completion rate.
le sigh
natediggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #3496
NLSoldier
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NLSoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hello Ted
Posts: 24,240
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
So the collective position is that the breaking of the fake gf nonsense to the team during the run up to the game would have had no effect on Notre Dame's performance?

Seems like an obviously flawed analysis, but hey I do understand that the hate can be quite blinding.
I don't hate ND at all, I almost went there. You are apparently just amazingly delusional wrt this topic.
NLSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #3497
Nicholasp27
27th level thinker
 
Nicholasp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 76,998
Cool,
So if I want my falcons to win the Super Bowl, I just need to get a group of people together to each con one member of each playoff-bound team...then the week before any of them face Falcons in the playoffs we just reveal the hoax and the team will play as badly as ND
Nicholasp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #3498
LuckyLloyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LuckyLloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: There's always next year...
Posts: 11,103
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLSoldier View Post
I don't hate ND at all, I almost went there. You are apparently just amazingly delusional wrt this topic.
It's "amazingly delusional" to suggest the score would have been tighter without the Manti crap fest? That the man himself would have played better? Interesting.
LuckyLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #3499
tweedybirdd
Canadian national treasure
 
tweedybirdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: olive gardening
Posts: 21,374
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBTHorton View Post
I continue to laugh at everyone who thinks they are better talent evaluators than every single pundit during draft coverage. If you want to believe that he was overhyped during the season because of ND or the girlfriend or whatever reason that's great. But there's no reason at all for them to keep pimping him as a first/second round pick after that.

Even Tim Tebow basically got railroaded by the McShay's of the world during draft coverage.

Now I'm not saying he's going to be Ray Lewis or something, but I have a tough time believing McShay(and sources), Kiper(and sources), Mayock(and sources) and lots of other scouts were all dead wrong and the guy is destined to suck in the NFL.
this post is pretty much awful

All of these draftniks you speak of had Te'o as a top 5 pick before the bama game, Damontre Moore as a top 5 pick before the combine, Werner as a top 5 pick before the combine, Geno as the #1 pick, and plenty more lolz. Forgive me if we don't treat their word as gospel. I question how much tape some of them actually watch, especially McShay.

Yeah congrats to them for ripping the Tebow pick like every other person with a pulse. Let's not pretend that just because they're in agreement on someone means he's a lock to have a great career. Mjw did a super solid writeup of Te'o in some non-Bama games and shredded him, much like he just did above. That kind of effort should be encouraged in SE.

Also lollll lucky for his hilarious psychoanalysis.
tweedybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #3500
younguns87
POG gonan POG
 
younguns87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #TeamCantClose
Posts: 60,586
Re: Manti Ruh R'oh - It turns out Tuiasosopo is GOAT voice actor. T'eo still a liar/exaggerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo View Post
With or without fake girlfriends Notre Dame had as much of a chance against Bama as a scissor lift operator at a ND practice.
younguns87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive