Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #8501
sylar
Ivan Drago's homeslice
 
sylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Znaroks fan club
Posts: 20,311
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andz View Post
Is the goalie wearing a camera there?
sylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #8502
AdamSchwartz
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 8,529
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Don't really want to go to much into itt but if any hockey regs want to add my on sk.ype im raspoker
AdamSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #8503
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,891
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

cwise,
hook a brother up.
the season is usually so long that I don't bother with futures until midseason. Teams can change so drastically.
I usually start with who has the goaltending to win the cup, then who has the depth on D, then who can score.
And no, I didn't bet on the Kings last year. Though I did bet them in every series. and just about every game. (all the road games iirc)
NhlNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #8504
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,891
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
Don't really want to go to much into itt but if any hockey regs want to add my on sk.ype im raspoker
I don't communicate that way, but I accept pm's if there should come a time I might have info you want.
NhlNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #8505
vomit
BipoloSchizoKleptoBitch Elite Radar™
 
vomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: resurecting Peeps from the undead
Posts: 2,690
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGoose View Post
I'm 23, an '89.

This girl is a '94.

My first gf who I wrote the TR epic about was a '93 (and may or may not have been 17 during a large part of the relationship.) [so yes Kirby is technically right that I've never had an 18 year old #oops]
22-17, just keepin it classy

Quote:
I'm looking to bang a cute 18 year old and maybe keep that sort of thing going for a while.
Defo targetting the right type

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGoose View Post
I agree with Goofy. In fact, the '91 who I had been banging this summer (my sister's friend) started texting me again in like late Nov, and eventually we agreed to hook up over Christmas break. I went over there for a nooner and we shagged all day so it was pretty decent. But then she stopped talking to me altogether and ignored my texts. That was ****ty because the agreement was basically we'd hang out and have fun and bang all Christmas break. She even promised to take me to Starbucks and that never happened. WTF. And I texted her Merry Christmas ON CHRISTMAS and she ignored that. Absolutely ridic.

So instead of getting hung up on her and going whyyyyyyyyy doesn't she wanna bang anymore, I went out with the boys and found a new lady. I find just hitting on girls doesn't work for me, but hanging out with friends, expanding social circles, meeting new people, etc, that's what works. So the more and more I do that, the more women I will have who want to put my dick in their mouth. I'm different than most guys in that I'm not a hit it & quit it guy... I actually do enjoy the company of a woman and treat her well and will take her out for dinner and stuff, but in reality I've learned that women are sketchy as **** and are probably sleeping around on you, so when they're going to decide to be flaky idiots and **** some ******* who can't get a boner, then by all means that gives me every right to go **** a hotter, younger chick. Deal with it women.
What rounds were these draft picks?
Spoiler:


Quote:
I SAY TO YOU "Ain't about how fast you get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side... it's the climb."
Could you describe the climb that's involved with 18yo girls?

Last edited by vomit; 01-03-2013 at 06:22 PM.
vomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #8506
WhiteGoose
confirmed loose
 
WhiteGoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,158
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

What on Earth are you on about? Seriously I have no idea what point you are trying to get across there.
WhiteGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #8507
vomit
BipoloSchizoKleptoBitch Elite Radar™
 
vomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: resurecting Peeps from the undead
Posts: 2,690
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Just messin with you.
Some of the stuff you post just comes across a bit self-contradictory. Portraying yourself a certain way and then acting rather oppositely because you've been traumatized in the past. No need to assume all women are the same. The I'll be a dick as a self-protecting mechanism cause i hear all women are slootz and I confirmed so via my statistically significant sample is kinda lol.

Last edited by vomit; 01-03-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: still not convinced you aint on some elite year long level
vomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #8508
Geddy Lee
Good Ol' Canadian Boy
 
Geddy Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Obi-Sean, you're our only hope
Posts: 25,361
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

BipoloSchizoKleptoBitch Elite Radar™
Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #8509
WhiteGoose
confirmed loose
 
WhiteGoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,158
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Most guys would have gotten to 3rd base with this chick on Friday night and then never spoken to her again.

Meanwhile in a couple hours I'm headed out there again to not only try to finish the job, but also build a some sort of relationship, be it purely sexual, friendly & sexual, or whatever it may be.

When I am interested in a girl, I will pursue her and give her a chance until she lets me down or proves herself to not be worthwhile. An extended chase makes things fun and more rewarding.

Most guys just go to the bar, start chatting up a sloppy drunk ***** at 1:30am, bang her and never want anything to do with her again.

That's not me. I always treat women fairly until, and even after they inevitably **** me over. I am waiting for a girl who I like enough to prove me wrong, and not screw me over. And I'm sure it will happen some day. Otherwise I'd just give up and go to banging drunk randoms at 2am like every other guy.

I'm a good guy. My resume speaks for itself. I don't think I'm contradictory at all.
WhiteGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #8510
cwicemvp12
Sergei Bobrovsky!
 
cwicemvp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 22,497
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketter View Post
Holy s..t! I can't remember ever seeing a better shootout goal. I haven't watched hockey in ages, is there often goals like this scored? If so, maybe someone should start a thread. So beautiful.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhands View Post
I know this is old fashioned, but do you have a mailing list?
What exactly are you looking for, notification of when we write something? We have a twitter that we'll tweet all of our articles that appear either on DP or NHLN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlNut View Post
If you have other questions or thoughts I would love to get a nhl betting thread in sports betting. It's a **** forum with **** moderators and I can understand wanting to keep the betting in the regular season thread.
I was thinking the same thing and we can get something going. I never read the mod forum, but there was a discussion in there about the moderators and I probably should have volunteered to mod it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
Don't really want to go to much into itt but if any hockey regs want to add my on sk.ype im raspoker


Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlNut View Post
cwise,
hook a brother up.
the season is usually so long that I don't bother with futures until midseason. Teams can change so drastically.
I usually start with who has the goaltending to win the cup, then who has the depth on D, then who can score.
And no, I didn't bet on the Kings last year. Though I did bet them in every series. and just about every game. (all the road games iirc)
The short of it is to look for teams that are likely to make the playoffs who are >20/1. Looking at the current odds on bodog right now I see a lot of value on Sharks (20/1), Caps (25/1), Devils (28/1), Lightning (28/1 - really really really like that one), and Senators (40/1 - really like that one as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlNut View Post
I don't communicate that way, but I accept pm's if there should come a time I might have info you want.
WTF, just take 45 seconds and make a skype account.
cwicemvp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #8511
DevinLake
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DevinLake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,019
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Datsyuk was the first person I remember seeing do that type move. I wonder how they describe it in the hockey world? It's like the start of a toe-drag, without actually dragging it it back forward, then roof.
DevinLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #8512
Geddy Lee
Good Ol' Canadian Boy
 
Geddy Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Obi-Sean, you're our only hope
Posts: 25,361
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

In terms of pure creativity, Omark's soccer-style chip is still #1 in my books. To even think about doing that is crazy.
Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #8513
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 62,167
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

that Ratchuk goal is pretty nice. i like that he made the move specifically to avoid a potential poke-check. nice fakes, good body control, etc. a lot of these "highlight reel" SO goals are lame when the guy walks right into the crease dangling back and forth the whole time, and it's like ... poke-check maybe?

worse than Kesler and Datsyuk obv great goals too. can anyone remember the name of that tier 3 junior kid or whatever who scored that goal they were showing on TSN this year? in game goal, real nice, can't find it on YT tho...
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #8514
DevinLake
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DevinLake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,019
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Tyler Clarke of the Blenheim Blades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6Agy6BDoo
DevinLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #8515
Hammerhands
Pooh-Bah
 
Hammerhands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,989
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwicemvp12 View Post
What exactly are you looking for, notification of when we write something? We have a twitter that we'll tweet all of our articles that appear either on DP or NHLN.
Yes, notification. I hardly ever read Twitter but I will add you to my Hockey list.

I follow the Jets Players List, I have a Hockey list and I have Cherry in his own lists.

On the Hockey List:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
@coachwsb (from recent recommendation ITT)
@IllegalCurve (Mostly Jets Stuff)
@NHLShanahan
@BizNasty2Point0
@NHLJets
@DownGoesBrown (not sure why this was missing)
And new today @NHLNumbers

Always looking for more A+++ posters

Last edited by Hammerhands; 01-03-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Hammerhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #8516
vomit
BipoloSchizoKleptoBitch Elite Radar™
 
vomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: resurecting Peeps from the undead
Posts: 2,690
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGoose View Post
Most guys would have gotten to 3rd base with this chick on Friday night and then never spoken to her again.

Meanwhile in a couple hours I'm headed out there again to not only try to finish the job, but also build a some sort of relationship, be it purely sexual, friendly & sexual, or whatever it may be.

When I am interested in a girl, I will pursue her and give her a chance until she lets me down or proves herself to not be worthwhile. An extended chase makes things fun and more rewarding.

Most guys just go to the bar, start chatting up a sloppy drunk ***** at 1:30am, bang her and never want anything to do with her again.

That's not me. I always treat women fairly until, and even after they inevitably **** me over. I am waiting for a girl who I like enough to prove me wrong, and not screw me over. And I'm sure it will happen some day. Otherwise I'd just give up and go to banging drunk randoms at 2am like every other guy.

I'm a good guy. My resume speaks for itself. I don't think I'm contradictory at all.
That's just pure denial. What kind of evidence do you need? The girl slept with her ex the day before and then sees you the next day. She's so mature that she has to hide in a closet with her friends covering up for her, pretending you dont exist, before she opts for the easy way out and resorts to texting you the next morning. You know, cause its less akward to talk to people via text.

What chance do you need to give her. She's still experiencing whatever being a dumb 18 yo sloot means, she's not going to change over the next week.

I think the real reasons are the socio-economic onces you mentionned earlier. You have a car and a heart of gold. You have everything going for you. Give yourself a chance and pursue a real catch, not a project you'll have to educate lol. She's not worth the climb. There's nothing to climb over there and let's not pretend there is.
vomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #8517
cwicemvp12
Sergei Bobrovsky!
 
cwicemvp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 22,497
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlNut View Post
lol goalies though
and looking at save percentage etc is nice but can be very deceiving. scoring chances, posts hit. watching a team play can give valuable info. watching and evaluating if a goalie is giving space that a player may or may not hit is valuable. form rather than results.

yes
handicapping goalies, injuries, travel are the obvious.
analyzing style of play, size differences etc. a little more indepth. knowing whats going on behind the scenes, and a teams 'mood' is also of value. hockey often comes down to effort (as opposed to talent), and knowing if a team is focusing or coasting.
even knowing if it's a "fathers" trip can relate to effort given.
Most, if not all of that is subjective and going to lead to loads of confirmation bias. FenClose, Score-Adjusted Fenwick, and good old regression analysis is going to tell us what we want to know as compared to grandmothers/60. I'd bet my net worth that this is a large, large part of what Schwartz's guys are using.

Also, re: futures, every team has the goaltending to win the Cup so that's not a very good place to start. This is. Notice who was #1 after the deadline?
cwicemvp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #8518
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,891
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

hammer,
@drivingplay and the various members thereof.

It can get confusing though when you're not sure who's controlling which account.
but then they sometimes fight about brodeur and overtime vs. game 7 records or some such nonsense and you have to stick your fingers in your ears and "nanananana I can't hear you"
NhlNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #8519
cwicemvp12
Sergei Bobrovsky!
 
cwicemvp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 22,497
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhands View Post
Yes, ntification. I hardly ever read Twitter but I will add you to my Hockey list.

I follow the Jets Players List, I have a Hockey list and I have Cherry in his own lists.

On the Hockey List:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
@coachwsb (from recent recommendation ITT)
@IllegalCurve (Mostly Jets Stuff)
@NHLShanahan
@BizNasty2Point0
@NHLJets
@DownGoesBrown (not sure why this was missing)
And new today @NHLNumbers

Always looking for more A+++ posters
Nice, we're @DrivingPlay if you didn't already know that. You're also going to want to add @mirtle, @BSH_EricT and @mc79hockey for sure. Pretty much anyone we regularly interact with is awesome.

Re: notification, there are RSS feeds for the blogspot that you can subscribe to and I could possibly try and make you one that includes all of us for NHLN if that's something you'd use.
cwicemvp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #8520
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 62,167
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

yeah that's it DL, thx

sea weiss: is the "after the deadline" sample commonly predictive of SC success?
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #8521
SenorMuresano
veteran
 
SenorMuresano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,225
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwicemvp12 View Post
Nice, we're @DrivingPlay if you didn't already know that. You're also going to want to add @mirtle, @BSH_EricT and @mc79hockey for sure. Pretty much anyone we regularly interact with is awesome.

Re: notification, there are RSS feeds for the blogspot that you can subscribe to and I could possibly try and make you one that includes all of us for NHLN if that's something you'd use.
jesus mc79 got unbearable with all the soccer and political bull****. I just had to unfollow
SenorMuresano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #8522
cwicemvp12
Sergei Bobrovsky!
 
cwicemvp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 22,497
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlNut View Post
hammer,
@drivingplay and the various members thereof.

It can get confusing though when you're not sure who's controlling which account.
but then they sometimes fight about brodeur and overtime vs. game 7 records or some such nonsense and you have to stick your fingers in your ears and "nanananana I can't hear you"


Triumph tweets about the CBA, generally types in all lowercase, and his wise-cracks are well thought out and well delivered. I use correct punctuation and my trolling is more obnoxious and tilt-driven, stemming from my existence as a Flyers fan. Jared tweets about soccer once every 165 days or so.
cwicemvp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #8523
Hammerhands
Pooh-Bah
 
Hammerhands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,989
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

This is what Twitter will do.

It would have been so easy to re-sign this Fehr for nothing. I hope we get another chance at him.

Eric Fehr meets Santa

Last edited by Hammerhands; 01-03-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Hammerhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #8524
cwicemvp12
Sergei Bobrovsky!
 
cwicemvp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 22,497
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72off View Post
yeah that's it DL, thx

sea weiss: is the "after the deadline" sample commonly predictive of SC success?
ga.be said so, so I trust him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorMuresano View Post
jesus mc79 got unbearable with all the soccer and political bull****. I just had to unfollow
Yeah he does that. His hockey tweets are generally very good whenever they happen.
cwicemvp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #8525
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,891
Re: Bettman Lockout III Thread (aka NHL Offseason: Now & Forever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwicemvp12 View Post
Most, if not all of that is subjective and going to lead to loads of confirmation bias. FenClose, Score-Adjusted Fenwick, and good old regression analysis is going to tell us what we want to know as compared to grandmothers/60. I'd bet my net worth that this is a large, large part of what Schwartz's guys are using.

Also, re: futures, every team has the goaltending to win the Cup so that's not a very good place to start. This is. Notice who was #1 after the deadline?
It is subjective, and I wouldn't put serious money on that alone. But it's also part of the game. Think Haralabos watches and tweets nba for fun? (He probably does partially, the sicko)
Sometimes you need the eyes to confirm what the stats are telling you. I've been watching, analyzing and betting for 20 odd years, why do you think I read the driving play and nhlnumbers etc? Because I know **** about the stats. And the stats are useful and probably under utilized for line making.
In the end, it's about beating the line. knowing something, factoring something, that they don't. That takes more than 1 form.


re goaltending:
I don't mean just good enough. It's more than that. I mean can it win you a series against a more talented team.
NhlNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive