Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #676
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

a5: the prices for everyone are going up. Staal is a $7M player in a $70M cap world. It's about time that players realize their actual value - it's not 2009 anymore. I suspect this summer is when agents and players will figure that out.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #677
Henrik Sedin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Henrik Sedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: assisting your goals
Posts: 17,915
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

A5: thoughts on the long-rumoured Staal trade to Carolina for Sutter (and prob other stuff)? apparently he'd like to play with brother Eric there, and would use his 2013 UFA leverage to make it happen, as the rumour goes. Sutter strikes me as a pretty similar replacement, younger, not quite reached his potential, but could be quite good i think, and cheaper (for now).

probably has more to it than the Iginla for Staal rumour i made up anyway...
Henrik Sedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #678
Gamblor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 14,746
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwicemvp12 View Post
Like, Brad Richards? I'm pretty sure Geddy saw right through that charade.
yep.

geddy knows all.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #679
cwicemvp12
Sergei Bobrovsky!
 
cwicemvp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 22,497
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
yep.

geddy knows all.
Heh. I'm not sure who Feaster was trying to fool.
cwicemvp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #680
Geddy Lee
Good Ol' Canadian Boy
 
Geddy Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Obi-Sean, you're our only hope
Posts: 25,361
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

I refuse to believe Calgary was ever really close, aside from the fact that they offered the best financial compensation. Everything I read made it sound like Richards had decided well in advance that he'd be going back out East at the very least.
Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #681
sylar
Ivan Drago's homeslice
 
sylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Znaroks fan club
Posts: 20,311
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

I find it hilarious that a fan of the team with Crosby, Malkin, and Letang (in addition to wingers with 81, 61, 59, and 48 points respectively) is describing a package of JStaal+pick/prospect as a king's ransom.
sylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #682
aislephive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aislephive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Waiting for you to pull me back in
Posts: 19,317
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
a5: the prices for everyone are going up. Staal is a $7M player in a $70M cap world. It's about time that players realize their actual value - it's not 2009 anymore. I suspect this summer is when agents and players will figure that out.
Ironically, it's not 2009 anymore is a good argument against adding anything in a Staal / Iginla trade.

I just don't see Staal getting $7m anywhere barring a really strong season, even better than last year, and if he does it won't be as a member of the Penguins, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Sedin View Post
A5: thoughts on the long-rumoured Staal trade to Carolina for Sutter (and prob other stuff)? apparently he'd like to play with brother Eric there, and would use his 2013 UFA leverage to make it happen, as the rumour goes. Sutter strikes me as a pretty similar replacement, younger, not quite reached his potential, but could be quite good i think, and cheaper (for now).

probably has more to it than the Iginla for Staal rumour i made up anyway...
I don't know much about Sutter so I can't really comment except to say that Carolina would prob have to add a decent amount unless Sutter is a lot better than I think he is. I also like the idea of trading Staal in a package centered around another good young player better than one for an aging star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylar View Post
I find it hilarious that a fan of the team with Crosby, Malkin, and Letang (in addition to wingers with 81, 61, 59, and 48 points respectively) is describing a package of JStaal+pick/prospect as a king's ransom.
What does the talent on our team have to do with the value of Staal? Hyperbole aside, it's terrible overpayment on our part.
aislephive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #683
SenorMuresano
veteran
 
SenorMuresano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,225
Id take Staal for 6-6.5m. Flame away i dont care
SenorMuresano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #684
bigdottawa
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bigdottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 10,179
Red Fisher is retiring from the Montreal Gazette and covering the Montreal Canadiens.

Heard this morning his first game reporting on the Habs was the Richard Riot game, in 1955.
bigdottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #685
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

a5: if jordan staal hit the open market he would get offers like that for sure. there are teams clamoring for centers.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #686
Henrik Sedin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Henrik Sedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: assisting your goals
Posts: 17,915
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Geddy: thoughts on the celly at ~1:25?



Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdottawa View Post
Red Fisher is retiring from the Montreal Gazette and covering the Montreal Canadiens.

Heard this morning his first game reporting on the Habs was the Richard Riot game, in 1955.
wow!

and his last game was...ah, who cares? i'm sure he was proud to go out covering the sure to be equally as historic and prolific Bergevin/Therrien era...
Henrik Sedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #687
TJay
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,624
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

What's the rule on offside there. Does the player have to clear the zone before the shot (dump in) is taken, or just clear the zone before the puck goes in?
TJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #688
cwicemvp12
Sergei Bobrovsky!
 
cwicemvp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 22,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay View Post
What's the rule on offside there. Does the player have to clear the zone before the shot (dump in) is taken, or just clear the zone before the puck goes in?
See the minor league thread. He has to clear the zone before the puck is dumped in.
cwicemvp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #689
Henrik Sedin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Henrik Sedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: assisting your goals
Posts: 17,915
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

yeah pretty sure no one can be offside when the puck is played back in the zone, or else it's offside and goals don't count after that. see Dommer allowing this:



even tho this is more obv, given the player looked to be still offside when the puck went in. but pretty sure just tagging up isn't good enough in that spot.
Henrik Sedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #690
ShimmyBasis
Pooh-Bah
 
ShimmyBasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Formerly Etats
Posts: 4,507
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Great stuff as usual, gamblor

Also, can we all agree that Q is the woat letter?
http://www.sporcle.com/games/Lauro/n...and-year-2000s
ShimmyBasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #691
Nootka
Pooh-Bah
 
Nootka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 5,655
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyBasis View Post
Great stuff as usual, gamblor

Also, can we all agree that Q is the woat letter?
http://www.sporcle.com/games/Lauro/n...and-year-2000s
i nailed...
Spoiler:
Nootka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #692
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
i nailed...
Spoiler:
ugh. i did not. got 268.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #693
hotwings18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hotwings18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quest for 12
Posts: 11,317
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

got 210.

forgot that Bertuzzi used to get points lol
hotwings18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #694
Gamblor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 14,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Sedin View Post
Geddy: thoughts on the celly at ~1:25?

Wow. Just wow. Ghost of Harold Ballard **** right there.

Celly is iffy. I mean that one is an old one, the glove sweep. Funny because its so obviously bad after that goal. If I were a Marlie, if I hadn't been so devastated at that being the goal that ends the game, I'd be thinking about ways to send that guy a little message early in game 4. Nothing penalty-worthy, but a little "let-em-know-youre-there" ankle tap.

I mean, you get way more leeway when you're celebrating the front of the sweater as opposed to the back.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #695
SenorMuresano
veteran
 
SenorMuresano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,225
Strasburg 6ip 13ks and harper 3-5 with a bomb. Nats are following the Penguins model for a championship. It's good to be bad at the perfect time.
SenorMuresano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #696
Henrik Sedin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Henrik Sedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: assisting your goals
Posts: 17,915
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorMuresano View Post
...Nats are following the Penguins model for a championship...
lulz

Spoiler:


hope it works out better for your Nats...
Henrik Sedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #697
<3_Tha_Grind
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
<3_Tha_Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: I <3 ALEX BURROWS
Posts: 13,514
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

to quote dellow - 'la reconstruccion es permanente'
<3_Tha_Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #698
SenorMuresano
veteran
 
SenorMuresano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,225
Re: NHL Offseason 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
Wow. Just wow. Ghost of Harold Ballard **** right there.

Celly is iffy. I mean that one is an old one, the glove sweep. Funny because its so obviously bad after that goal. If I were a Marlie, if I hadn't been so devastated at that being the goal that ends the game, I'd be thinking about ways to send that guy a little message early in game 4. Nothing penalty-worthy, but a little "let-em-know-youre-there" ankle tap.

I mean, you get way more leeway when you're celebrating the front of the sweater as opposed to the back.
Ankle tap? You should put some lumber in their teeth!

Last edited by SenorMuresano; 06-09-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: let em know you're there
SenorMuresano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #699
Meraxes
veteran
 
Meraxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: This is Dream!
Posts: 2,171
Sharks trade Andrew Murray and a conditional pick for Brad Stewart.
Meraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #700
thedeezy
My name is Carlos
 
thedeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: POGBA
Posts: 26,243
Glad to see the wings got something. Wasn't a chance Stuart was resigning
thedeezy is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive