Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #26
eleanor60
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles/ London
Posts: 1,492
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Optimum strategy IMO

That or have half your team Saudi Arabia and Russia, and the other half Poland and Senegal. Guaranteed to have something on the line at the first and last game that way.

Why am I giving such stellar free advice?
eleanor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #27
LFC_USA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LFC_USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,020
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor60 View Post
Optimum strategy IMO

That or have half your team Saudi Arabia and Russia, and the other half Poland and Senegal. Guaranteed to have something on the line at the first and last game that way.

Why am I giving such stellar free advice?
Found the faneiro fake account. Solved the game
LFC_USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #28
Tall Paul
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Tall Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,922
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_USA View Post
Found the faneiro fake account. Solved the game
I think the Draft thread is waiting for you, LFC.
Tall Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #29
danielesp
journeyman
 
danielesp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 338
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Paid! Please add me to the league
danielesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:17 AM   #30
Cinarocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cinarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Processing
Posts: 11,072
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

I'll give it 2 hours before kickoff thus 3pm CET to register. Don't forget to join the league, I'll post the number of runners and prizepool tonight
Cinarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #31
ChopSueyyy
formerly IRunWorse
 
ChopSueyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: COMING HOME
Posts: 16,348
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

someone pm me the code to the league since cina seems to be superbusy and isnt answering my pms

Last edited by ChopSueyyy; 06-14-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: got it thx
ChopSueyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #32
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

So as you can't see other people's teams yet ( unless it's me). Was anyone lucky enough to have Golovkin? I hope not like
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #33
vruuuuk
old hand
 
vruuuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,991
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

I had him in my team fpr a week. Took him out today...
vruuuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #34
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by vruuuuk View Post
I had him in my team fpr a week. Took him out today...


Ouch. I feel your pain mate. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relived. Roll on Messi (C)
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #35
danielesp
journeyman
 
danielesp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 338
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Lol site has errors adding total points of teams
danielesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #36
danielesp
journeyman
 
danielesp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 338
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Nevermind, my mistake.

How many teams are going to get paid? I just saw 2 teams joining. Be careful, people having Golovin as captain might try to late reg.
danielesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:37 AM   #37
Cinarocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cinarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Processing
Posts: 11,072
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielesp View Post
Nevermind, my mistake.

How many teams are going to get paid? I just saw 2 teams joining. Be careful, people having Golovin as captain might try to late reg.
I'm abroad on business right now so hasn't been easy but the final amount of runners is 18. We were 17 in the league before kickoffsand dino joined the league after the game despite paying before but he did tell me prior to the game he didn't have any saudi/russian player so it's all good, nobody angling here.

My 4.5M russian defender who i thought was a steal turns out to be a backup, oh well great start. Mindfckr in the league so far with golovin captain

The payouts are the folloing:

90€ for leader after the groupstages

150€ for 1st
80€ for 2nd
40€ for 3rd
Cinarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:53 AM   #38
TylerD
Pooh-Bah
 
TylerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,532
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareel View Post
So as you can't see other people's teams yet ( unless it's me). Was anyone lucky enough to have Golovkin? I hope not like

You can see teams if you click on Leagues then View Leaderboard. WelbeckIsTheNewPope had Golovkin as captain
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #39
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
You can see teams if you click on Leagues then View Leaderboard. WelbeckIsTheNewPope had Golovkin as captain
Yer mate I think they updated after id posted. Haha I knew there would be at least one to be fair. Fair play
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #40
danielesp
journeyman
 
danielesp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 338
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinarocket View Post
I'm abroad on business right now so hasn't been easy but the final amount of runners is 18. We were 17 in the league before kickoffsand dino joined the league after the game despite paying before but he did tell me prior to the game he didn't have any saudi/russian player so it's all good, nobody angling here.

My 4.5M russian defender who i thought was a steal turns out to be a backup, oh well great start. Mindfckr in the league so far with golovin captain

The payouts are the folloing:

90€ for leader after the groupstages

150€ for 1st
80€ for 2nd
40€ for 3rd
Great, ty Cina.


I thought everyone would have Ronaldo today and gg me, Im glad I was wrong
danielesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #41
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Absolute lottery isn't it this first gw. Messi captain went well. Guy at top has the midas fantasy touch, unreal haha :-) . I like the format though it's like UFPL . Hope they bring that back instead of that silly draft game

Last edited by Dareel; 06-16-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:06 AM   #42
MindFckr
Classic Arsenal GHW
 
MindFckr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18,237
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Next time read the rules lads. All will make sense then.
MindFckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:18 AM   #43
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFckr View Post
Next time read the rules lads. All will make sense then.
Yes that does help

I

Last edited by Dareel; 06-17-2018 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Mistake
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:53 AM   #44
Cinarocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cinarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Processing
Posts: 11,072
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Total disaster for me, yet to score more than 2 points with a player.

Thought the budget was rather limited in terms of starpower you could get so tried to get some players on the cheap with good fixtures.

Granat (read that he was expected to start) for Russia --> 0 min
Lo Celso (Argentina) --> 0 min
Sidibe --> 0min
Dirar --> 0 min
Lloris, Cavani, Isco, Yotun --> 2pts
Cinarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:58 AM   #45
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinarocket View Post
Total disaster for me, yet to score more than 2 points with a player.

Thought the budget was rather limited in terms of starpower you could get so tried to get some players on the cheap with good fixtures.

Granat (read that he was expected to start) for Russia --> 0 min
Lo Celso (Argentina) --> 0 min
Sidibe --> 0min
Dirar --> 0 min
Lloris, Cavani, Isco, Yotun --> 2pts

I'm not far off lol. Plenty of time left you may need to activate the WC though. Dont worry gw1 was a lottery, no one knew how players and trams were gunna perform . Those who cracked it fair play to them. Some one has to pick the right players. Greizman shouldn't have even had that goal or assist really so it's fine lines .
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:02 AM   #46
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinarocket View Post
Total disaster for me, yet to score more than 2 points with a player.

Thought the budget was rather limited in terms of starpower you could get so tried to get some players on the cheap with good fixtures.

Granat (read that he was expected to start) for Russia --> 0 min
Lo Celso (Argentina) --> 0 min
Sidibe --> 0min
Dirar --> 0 min
Lloris, Cavani, Isco, Yotun --> 2pts

I'm not far off lol. Plenty of time left you may need to activate the WC though. Dont worry gw1 was a lottery, no one knew how players and teams were gunna perform . Those who cracked it fair play to them. Some one has to pick the right players. Greizman shouldn't have even had that goal or assist really so it's fine lines .
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:06 AM   #47
MindFckr
Classic Arsenal GHW
 
MindFckr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18,237
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

The budget is very limited. The most tilting thing for me is that most attacking/wide midfielders are listed as forwards
MindFckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #48
Falconhoof
old hand
 
Falconhoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Searching for my mainline
Posts: 1,944
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFckr View Post
The budget is very limited. The most tilting thing for me is that most attacking/wide midfielders are listed as forwards
this 100%
Falconhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #49
Cinarocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cinarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Processing
Posts: 11,072
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Admittedly, I was #superbusy the couple days prior to the tournament so didn't put much thoughts in my picks and yoloed it but this is not exactly a dominating display

Cinarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #50
Dareel
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinarocket View Post
Admittedly, I was #superbusy the couple days prior to the tournament so didn't put much thoughts in my picks and yoloed it but this is not exactly a dominating display


Haha snap I'm just playing for the laugh now. Gunna wildcard and enjoy. Chose the right players just not happening. I overthought it . Just watching players I avoided punish me
Dareel is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online