Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Omaha/8 Discussions of Omaha High-Low Split (Eight or Better) Poker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #51
Jorge10
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Now Moving
Posts: 2,005
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbin View Post
Below is a hand I played against you today. Really curious as to your thoughts on the river? I understand the turn check (I think) but why is the river a check call after I check back the turn?)

Hope this is ok to go in a well. Was a real eye-opener to play against you, I had real trouble adjusting...

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 8 players - View hand 27082
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $516.75
UTG+1: $87.80
MP1: $140.30
MP2: $251.10
CO: $78.40
Hero (BTN): $178.20
SB: $108.90
BB: $38.35

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 5 A 6 A
UTG calls $1, 4 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, 1 fold, BB calls $3.50, UTG calls $3.50

Flop: ($14.00) K 4 2 (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $11, BB folds, UTG calls $11

Turn: ($36.00) 5 (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($36.00) J (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $30, UTG calls $30

Final Pot: $96.00
UTG shows A K 3 2 (HI: a straight, Five high; LO: 5,4,3,2,A)
Hero shows 5 A 6 A (HI: a pair of Aces; LO: 6,5,4,2,A)
UTG wins $46.50
UTG wins $46.50
(Rake: $3.00)
I was going to and some would say should have raised the flop, but my gut kept telling me you were strong. My plan was to jam you on a blank turn, but since that didnt happen I figured I was either screwed or so far ahead you were drawing dead. So I just checked because I figured you wouldnt call anything.
Jorge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #52
ichbin
veteran
 
ichbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,104
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge10 View Post
So I just checked because I figured you wouldnt call anything.

NEVER under estimate how bad your opponents are! :-)
ichbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #53
Dorsal Fin
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,486
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

What is your single session biggest win?

What is your single session biggest loss?
Dorsal Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #54
Jorge10
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Now Moving
Posts: 2,005
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal Fin View Post
What is your single session biggest win?

What is your single session biggest loss?
1) $7,500. I was ahead in 3 10/20 PLO8 tables in party at the same time, it was pretty awesome.

2) $4,000. This was the day someone hit a 1 outer that cost me 4k. Some guy put all his money in the middle with A345 against my QQ34, on a 55Q6 board. We each had 2k and sure enough the last 5 in the deck hit on the river. It sucked a lot.
Jorge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #55
ichbin
veteran
 
ichbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,104
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

I usually have about 3 winning days for every losing day (though I usually lose more than I win.) What is your ratio of wins to losses, and how big are these days?
ichbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:27 AM   #56
BirdieScott
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 24
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

yo its chrisbrown, not sure what the point of this post is, but i always get u confused with chuuch22 or whatever his name is.. c u at the tables fool.

cb4eva
BirdieScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #57
ErNci
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
Posts: 1,021
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge10 View Post
1) $7,500. I was ahead in 3 10/20 PLO8 tables in party at the same time, it was pretty awesome.

2) $4,000. This was the day someone hit a 1 outer that cost me 4k. Some guy put all his money in the middle with A345 against my QQ34, on a 55Q6 board. We each had 2k and sure enough the last 5 in the deck hit on the river. It sucked a lot.

So you lost 2k not 4k?
ErNci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #58
Jorge10
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Now Moving
Posts: 2,005
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErNci View Post
So you lost 2k not 4k?
Nah I lost the other 2k in small pots, but when I think of that day I always think of that one big pot.
Jorge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #59
ASDFLKJ
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

1.) Approximate a good win rate playing 4 tables of .5/1 five hours a day using ptbb/100. how about "very good."

2.) Follow up: playing 4 tables for 5 hours a day, how much money do you think is attainable per month?

3.) Play any other sites than FT now? If so, have you noticed a difference in skill levels between any of them (FT, PS, and UB specifically..).
3a) If not any other sites, why not?

4.) You said that you play mostly full ring. Do you ever 3b? just AAWx or what?
4a) I noticed your limp/call UTG w. AK23. Is this because you're out of position?
4b) More specifically, would you play this different from the button?

5) ******ed question: 8 handed, loose player limps in late position. You're on the button with AK38. limp, raise or fold? AKKQ. limp/raise fold? 2345 limp/raise/fold?

6) ****** question 2: What is your opinion of AK22 AK33 AK44 AQ22 hands (paired wheel hands with an ace).

7) You said you've read some cooking books. How about poker books? What are some favorites? (regular if not poker...)

I like what you said about raising out of the small blind. It is quite difficult. Thanks for answering our questions.
ASDFLKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #60
Jorge10
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Now Moving
Posts: 2,005
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbin View Post
I usually have about 3 winning days for every losing day (though I usually lose more than I win.) What is your ratio of wins to losses, and how big are these days?
Never really thought about this. How do I check that on poker tracker?
Jorge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #61
Jorge10
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Now Moving
Posts: 2,005
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASDFLKJ View Post
1.) Approximate a good win rate playing 4 tables of .5/1 five hours a day using ptbb/100. how about "very good."

2.) Follow up: playing 4 tables for 5 hours a day, how much money do you think is attainable per month?

3.) Play any other sites than FT now? If so, have you noticed a difference in skill levels between any of them (FT, PS, and UB specifically..).
3a) If not any other sites, why not?

4.) You said that you play mostly full ring. Do you ever 3b? just AAWx or what?
4a) I noticed your limp/call UTG w. AK23. Is this because you're out of position?
4b) More specifically, would you play this different from the button?

5) ******ed question: 8 handed, loose player limps in late position. You're on the button with AK38. limp, raise or fold? AKKQ. limp/raise fold? 2345 limp/raise/fold?

6) ****** question 2: What is your opinion of AK22 AK33 AK44 AQ22 hands (paired wheel hands with an ace).

7) You said you've read some cooking books. How about poker books? What are some favorites? (regular if not poker...)

I like what you said about raising out of the small blind. It is quite difficult. Thanks for answering our questions.
1) I would say if you are at about 5 big bets over 100 hands it should be pretty sweet, but tables are so tight now.

2) 60 hands per table, 4 tables, 5 hours, 1200 hands a day or so. 60 bucks a day. 30 days per month. 1800+ give or take a few swings. That sounds about right.

3) Right now no. I want to play stars, but I dont know how to deposit there. I figured ill trade with someone eventually, but that hasnt happened yet.

4) Ill 3 bet if there is a reason. If I can get most of my money in with AA ill 3 bet. If I notice someone is raising way too much ill reraise to keep him in line and take control of the hand even if my hand isnt great.

I limp with A2 type hands up front sometimes because my position is terrible. Ill mix it up and raise a lot of the time though. I am not very formulaic in my play I like to have fun and bet unusual amounts, raise in weird spots, etc. Its just because I get bored more than anything. I might limp with it on the button as well, there is no set play.

5) I usually raise if the Ace is suited. Otherwise ill just call. The 2345 ill raise usually.

6) If the ace is suited they are ok hands. If the ace is not suited its usually a very mediocre hand. Its hard to make anything when you have a little pair in your hand.

7) I have read just about every poker book 2+2 has published, and a ton of other poker books. I have a bookshelf in the house just for poker books. The most interesting one was a short book on omaha that is no longer being published that I got a hold of online. Its name currently escapes me, but I dont even own the book I was actually sold copies of the book for about 8 bucks online. I liked it because it really covered omaha perfectly and it was the first book that suggested that in omaha high low the Ace should be high only and that the best low should be 23 in order to open the game up more. It really made me think about the lack of complexity in the game and made me realize that maybe it could be fixed. Ill look for the book, maybe someone here can name it.
Jorge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #62
Amon
grinder
 
Amon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 471
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
the Ace should be high only and that the best low should be 23
BRAINMELT

I get dizzy just by thinking about this.
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #63
Aquaholik
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 141
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

What types of notes are you taking on a player? Can you give some examples please?
Aquaholik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #64
PLOmaholic8
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 143
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge10 View Post
1) I would say if you are at about 5 big bets over 100 hands it should be pretty sweet, but tables are so tight now.

2) 60 hands per table, 4 tables, 5 hours, 1200 hands a day or so. 60 bucks a day. 30 days per month. 1800+ give or take a few swings. That sounds about right.
Big Bets or Big Blinds??? Seems like it should be $120 if you are using BB=2 Big Blinds...
PLOmaholic8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #65
WM_lives
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 104
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

What are your thoughts on a potential two-state solution?



oops, wrong well.
WM_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #66
Buzz
gramps
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 18,254
Re: I have not posted here in a while so...The Well: Jorge10

Bump.

Threads older than February 1 are to be automatically archived next month in preparation for an upgrade. I'm bumping all 2+2 threads cited in our two stickies that are not already archived so that they will not be lost to us.

This includes all the wells.

Buzz
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive