Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Two Plus Two Magazine Forum Articles and features about poker and gambling in general.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Brawny
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 7
Tilt recovery

Maybe one of the biggest gaps in my game right now is going on tilt. Any ideas? One player suggested that I go for a walk. I don't know, maybe I'll try that. My feeling is, if I go for a walk I might miss a quality starting hand that could earn me a big pot and take me off tilt. Suggestions?
Brawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
Donnie93
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 14
Re: Tilt recovery

I know how you feel, but It's important to think clearly, going for a walk is a good way to clear your head
Donnie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
felixxx1021
journeyman
 
felixxx1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spewtard City
Posts: 220
Re: Tilt recovery

Visit pokermindcoach.com you will find really good stuff right there, I bought "Mindset Pregame Warmup for Heads Up Poker + 4 Other MP3s" you have no idea how much it helped me.
felixxx1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #4
ElmoAC
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
Re: Tilt recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
Maybe one of the biggest gaps in my game right now is going on tilt. Any ideas? One player suggested that I go for a walk. I don't know, maybe I'll try that. My feeling is, if I go for a walk I might miss a quality starting hand that could earn me a big pot and take me off tilt. Suggestions?
Well... until you lose that mindset , you will have a hard time with tilt!

why would you even begin to worry about what is happening when your not there?



You need to "take all the emotional thinking out!" to get off tilt....if fact once you become numb to it all.....you will not go on tilt ...


just my 2c
ElmoAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
chodebronson
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Tilt recovery

lol good point
chodebronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:19 AM   #6
roadvr7
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 58
Re: Tilt recovery

Do you smoke?
roadvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #7
Dinamo
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Tilt recovery

when i got really tilt i just go to the gym and clear my mind, its not the best idea to play like that!
Dinamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #8
Medicchris
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Re: Tilt recovery

Take a walk. Listen to some music. Slow deep breaths, and take some time to evaluate your play. As far as missing a hand, be honest with yourself; If you were to wake up to a huge hand, or even one that would play well, are you going to be able to effectively capitalize on it in your tilted state?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Medicchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:07 AM   #9
PokerGnome.
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 85
Re: Tilt recovery

Its all about the technical side of poker. If you play more that way, for example: You have with AA vs KK 80% chance to win, keep in mind the KK have 20% to win.

Or if you have set on flop and other player have straight flushdraw for example you flop set with A you're 65% ahead vs other player with KsJs 35% on flop AsTs8h

on the turn Qh. AA=20% KJ=80%, river is Qs. AA FH but lose to KJ with royal flush.

Going for a walk or doing something else is good. But when we focus on this and only this technical side of poker then we dont tilt. Poker is just a hard business

in game you can check the replay, use your equilab and find out why the other player did that or didnt do that etc etc. Also use the chat, ask him and find out why he did that, or just talk and try to find out what he was thinking at that moment

Hope this helps
PokerGnome. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #10
MofoAgro
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: MofoAgro Land
Posts: 158
Re: Tilt recovery

Great responses. So much written on the subject.

In all my reading and mostly experience, tilt is losing emotional control which has massive impact on your physical state as well as your brain state.

Have you ever experienced choking on grandma's turkey stuffing or choked on a piece of steak?

The brain goes into a panic state. A panic mode. Crazy time.

Equate this to tilt and I would do anything to not choke on a piece of steak.....so should you.

Tilt is immature. It's childish. A good friend of mine back in the day asked me how would a big person have handled that hand? What would an adult have done?

Basically he was telling me to grow the F up and quit acting like a whining sniveling loser.

Tilting reinforces to the world what a loser you are. Suck it up. Knock it off.

If you just can't handle a loss than maybe the game could do without you.

Having to walk it off also reinforces you are tilted. It doesn't work.

You have to stop the tilt before it becomes tilt. That's what you need to learn.

One technique I use and was alluded to already is to realize I have zero control of what comes off the top of the deck or how anybody plays against me. NONE. Tilt says I can actually control the play which is a total fallacy. So you are tilting over something you have ZERO CONTROL OVER. Think about how dumb that is.

Focus on good decisions. Gut plays. Math. Reads. What does the villain hold. How does he play. Watch the table. Watch the players. Don't lose focus. This is your JOB.

Otherwise just go spew your dollars on dice or whatever. Same result.

The one on tilt is always the fish.

Last edited by MofoAgro; 12-06-2017 at 08:59 PM.
MofoAgro is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online