Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #126
Johnny Truant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Going Catabolic!
Posts: 6,948
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

When people talk about leaving their home by necessity the first consideration is always access. That’s pretty apparent in the conversation itt. Personal connection or familiarity is next, obviously.

I am one who mentioned Canada because I’m Canadian. I have also considered Thailand because my american brother is an expat there. Also Vietnam because my wife has family there. Also Mexico because I have inlaws there. I’m pretty fortunate to have options.

If I didn’t have a family I’d have pulled a suzzer by now.
Johnny Truant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #127
Johnny Truant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Going Catabolic!
Posts: 6,948
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
I thought that was what this thread was about to, until some liberal on here inquired of an apparent conservative what his or her ethnicity/race was. Many liberals reduce everything to race, gender, ethnicity, and/or sexual identity.

I just found it amusing (okay, I admit that I'm easily amused ) that many of the folks who want to flee America are the biggest champions of racial and ethnic diversity, yet they usually want to go somewhere less ethnically and racially diverse than the U.S.

edit: Am I the only one around here with a sense of humor?
The reason his race was questioned is because he basically said things are great for him as a 60 year old, presumably white male, so everyone else is being silly.

Get it, or do you need the punchline spelled out on that joke?
Johnny Truant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #128
Oroku$aki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oroku$aki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Blithe
Posts: 6,980
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
I thought that was what this thread was about to, until some liberal on here inquired of an apparent conservative what his or her ethnicity/race was. Many liberals reduce everything to race, gender, ethnicity, and/or sexual identity.

I just found it amusing (okay, I admit that I'm easily amused ) that many of the folks who want to flee America are the biggest champions of racial and ethnic diversity, yet they usually want to go somewhere less ethnically and racially diverse than the U.S.

edit: Am I the only one around here with a sense of humor?
The thing is jcorb said that avoiding the law was "Easy game." With the US having 4.4% of the world's population and 22% of the world's known prison population that post was pretty flippant, and a 60 year old man who believes the US is the land of milk and honey is almost certainly white.
Oroku$aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #129
Jbrochu
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,076
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post

Have a blessed day!
Eat a steaming poop.
Jbrochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #130
iamnotawerewolf
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iamnotawerewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Every change I've ever made
Posts: 26,497
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

there's an important difference between {celebrating, or at least tolerating, diversity} and {requiring it} that I think might be missing in this point

Quote:
Most of the places where liberals seek refuge are almost invariably much less ethnically and racially diverse than the U.S.
iamnotawerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #131
Oroku$aki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oroku$aki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Blithe
Posts: 6,980
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

So you interject with this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Ever notice that the liberals who want to flee the U.S. virtually always end up in lilly-white places like Canada and Western Europe, and almost never in Africa or South America?

Most of the places where liberals seek refuge are almost invariably much less ethnically and racially diverse than the U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
I thought that was what this thread was about to, until some liberal on here inquired of an apparent conservative what his or her ethnicity/race was. Many liberals reduce everything to race, gender, ethnicity, and/or sexual identity.

I just found it amusing (okay, I admit that I'm easily amused ) that many of the folks who want to flee America are the biggest champions of racial and ethnic diversity, yet they usually want to go somewhere less ethnically and racially diverse than the U.S.

edit: Am I the only one around here with a sense of humor?
And your takeaway is that Americans want to flee to Canada not because it's safe, not because it's pretty damn close, not because it's the world's longest undefended border and you could walk across with a backpack if you had to, no, your takeaway is that it all comes down to escaping brown people. And then you say it's liberals who reduce everything to race. Look in a mirror.
Oroku$aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #132
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 25,663
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
yet they usually want to go somewhere less ethnically and racially diverse than the U.S.
Which nations are more ethnically diverse than the US?
Trolly McTrollson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #133
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrochu View Post
Eat a steaming poop.
Thanks for offering to share your food, but no thanks.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:25 PM   #134
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
Which nations are more ethnically diverse than the US?
None are, as far as I know. But often the nations that they want to flee to are among the least ethnically diverse. I'm only introducing the "diversity" angle because that seems to be the battle cry of many on the left.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #135
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 25,663
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
None are, as far as I know.
So you're chiding them for not leaving for a more diverse country when it's literally impossible for them to do so. Thanks for playing, we have some lovely consolation prizes.
Trolly McTrollson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #136
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 13,540
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iversity_level

Lol lagtight
Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #137
Max Cut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: esse est covfefe
Posts: 9,386
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Ethnic Diversity RankCountryEthnic Fractionalization IndexCultural Diversity Index
60Canada0.5960000.499000
85United States0.4910000.271000
128Mexico0.5418000.151100


gotcha libs fleeing to lilly white Canada!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

Last edited by Max Cut; 02-10-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Max Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #138
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku$aki View Post
So you interject with this ****





And your takeaway is that Americans want to flee to Canada not because it's safe, not because it's pretty damn close, not because it's the world's longest undefended border and you could walk across with a backpack if you had to, no, your takeaway is that it all comes down to escaping brown people. And then you say it's liberals who reduce everything to race. Look in a mirror.
I get that Canada is good because it's close. But Mexico is a lot closer to the U.S. than the European Union or New Zealand, but I don't remember a lot of them saying they want to live in Mexico.

And it is clearly not a matter of "escaping brown people", it's a matter of not wanting to live in a third-world country because of a lower standard of living and personal safety. It has nothing to do with race at all, and I never said that it did. I clearly stated in an earlier post that I do not think that these people are racists.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #139
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 13,540
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

You should quit posting, lagtight.

https://vivatropical.com/mexico/wher...s-expats-live/


1m American in Mexico...... "but no they run to lilywhite Europe."

The facts don't really agree with your dumb narrative.
Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #140
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
I was specifically addressing ethnic and racial diversity, and those lists on wikipedia bring in other criteria as well. In fact, the first list had literally nothing to do with ethnic and racial diversity, it had to do with language.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #141
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
You should quit posting, lagtight.

https://vivatropical.com/mexico/wher...s-expats-live/


1m American in Mexico...... "but no they run to lilywhite Europe."

The facts don't really agree with your dumb narrative.
I have an American friend who lives in Mexico, too. I never said that nobody flees to Mexico, it's just that Mexico doesn't seem to be on the list of those who can afford to go somewhere better.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #142
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 13,540
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Uh, so check out the demographics of those countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...of_Switzerland

You're narrative is 100% full of ****.
Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #143
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 13,540
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
I have an American friend who lives in Mexico, too. I never said that nobody flees to Mexico, it's just that Mexico doesn't seem to be on the list of those who can afford to go somewhere better.
You mean like John McAfee who lived a few countries down in Belize? A man of wealth who chose a not lily white country.
Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #144
Jbrochu
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,076
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
I have an American friend who lives in Mexico, too. I never said that nobody flees to Mexico, it's just that Mexico doesn't seem to be on the list of those who can afford to go somewhere better.
This isn't really that hard. Canada and Western Europe have a lot of white collar type professional jobs that the typical liberal in a position to afford relocating would be seeking.

I don't think Africa and South America have a lot of these kinds of jobs.

When people retire to other countries you see a much broader range of destinations.
Jbrochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #145
zikzak
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zikzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hither, Yon
Posts: 21,911
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

I think y'all need to pause for a moment in your lagtightywhitey dog pile and contemplate the fact that suzzer looks like Hellboy.
zikzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #146
goofyballer
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 64,947
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

lagtight reminding us of the good old days of ikestoys who would post something dumb, get called out, and then triple down rather than ever admit defeat
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:30 PM   #147
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 50,509
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
I'll go through this thread and note what places people said they are going to flee to.
You got your tense wrong bro.

"Ever notice that the liberals who want to flee the U.S. virtually always end up in lilly-white places like Canada and Western Europe, and almost never in Africa or South America?

Most of the places where liberals seek refuge are almost invariably much less ethnically and racially diverse than the U.S."

You need to cite people who ended up somewhere. So far the only one out of the country is Suzzer and he's in Mexico.
microbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #148
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 50,509
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Suzzer,

Holy ****ing ****! I've never seen such redness.
microbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #149
PFunkaliscious
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,828
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikzak View Post
Thank you so very much for doing everything you can to ruin the country for later generations. We all sincerely appreciate your total abnegation of any responsibility in your myopic and mean spirited pursuit of short-sighted selfishness.
lol. and your complete soiling and dumbing down of American culture is completely without harm to future generations.

Don't worry. someday (after you have been corrected innumerable times) you will (kinda) understand.
PFunkaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #150
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 13,540
Re: When is it time to GTFO?

Lol, the purest evidence we have of the dumbing down of America is Trumpkins.

Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online