Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #5001
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 22,370
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBV View Post
Therefore voting tactically for a Liberal is more likely to lead to a Tory government-as it did in 2010.
This is amazing.

Anyone voting tactically for a Liberal will be doing nothing to limit the amount of Labour MPs but doing something to limit the amount of Tory MPs.

A tactical vote for a Liberal by definition does nothing to impeded Labour's overall seat total and by definition is intended to limit Tories over all seat total.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #5002
oldgoat
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cambridge UK
Posts: 1,609
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBV View Post
Another picture. This is like being dribbled on by kids with down's syndrome.

Thanks for your contribution Jalfrezei, now go and play with your plasticine in the corner with the other special children.
I'm not sure if you get the point that the problem is not just being disrespectful to other posters it's being disrespectful to disabled people. If you really don't get that or don't care - that really says something about your politics.
oldgoat is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #5003
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 22,370
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
I'm not sure if you get the point that the problem is not just being disrespectful to other posters it's being disrespectful to disabled people. If you really don't get that or don't care - that really says something about your politics.
Yea nailed it, this was so obvious I did not even think it needed saying.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:41 AM   #5004
GBV
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,331
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
I'm not sure if you get the point that the problem is not just being disrespectful to other posters it's being disrespectful to disabled people. If you really don't get that or don't care - that really says something about your politics.
Oh please. You know how many disabled people died because they got their benefits taken away by the last coalition government? The British public and most of the respondents in the thread don't give a **** about that or they'd all be voting for Corbyn.

Much easier to complain about some "politically incorrect" language to salve your conscience and ignore the corpses piling up..
GBV is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #5005
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 22,370
re: UK Politics Thread

Let it never be forgotten.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #5006
GBV
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,331
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.F.K.1.1 View Post
This is amazing.

Anyone voting tactically for a Liberal will be doing nothing to limit the amount of Labour MPs but doing something to limit the amount of Tory MPs.

A tactical vote for a Liberal by definition does nothing to impeded Labour's overall seat total and by definition is intended to limit Tories over all seat total.
"Nothing" is an over-statement. An election is a set of probabilities. There is no certainty in anything-it detracts credibility from your argument when you talk in certainties because it makes you sound like someone who thinks a nag in the 3.30 at Goodwood can't lose.

Depending on the exact criteria the chance of a Labour outsider winning in a nominally LD-Tory contest could be anywhere between 0-10%. That's a lot of potential seats Labour could win given there are 650 constituencies overall -the government's current majority is only just single figures.
GBV is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #5007
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,487
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBV View Post
You two lowered the tone of the argument with the meme posting. Now you are whining because you can't handle the response.

Don't Dish it out if you can't handle it. You are pathetic.
I think you're confusing me with someone else?
I haven't posted any memes and am somewhat sympathetic to your viewpoint but not the way you're handling this.
epcfast is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #5008
oldgoat
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cambridge UK
Posts: 1,609
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBV View Post
You know how many disabled people died because they got their benefits taken away by the last coalition government?
erm... do you? or are you making it up?
oldgoat is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #5009
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,261
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.F.K.1.1 View Post
GBV is incapable of any kind of thinking that involves demarcation points. 1/0 is all he is capable of.
1/0 could be construed as infinity. For him it should be 0/1.
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:07 AM   #5010
GBV
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,331
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
erm... do you? or are you making it up?
You aren't convincing me that you actually care about the disabled that much now.
GBV is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #5011
diebitter
Grotesquely Handsome
 
diebitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 64,141
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBV View Post
"Nothing" is an over-statement. An election is a set of probabilities. There is no certainty in anything-it detracts credibility from your argument when you talk in certainties because it makes you sound like someone who thinks a nag in the 3.30 at Goodwood can't lose.

Depending on the exact criteria the chance of a Labour outsider winning in a nominally LD-Tory contest could be anywhere between 0-10%. That's a lot of potential seats Labour could win given there are 650 constituencies overall -the government's current majority is only just single figures.
I think the more likely reason for people not voting Cornyn is they care about themselves.
diebitter is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #5012
tomj
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,543
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
I'm not sure if you get the point that the problem is not just being disrespectful to other posters it's being disrespectful to disabled people. If you really don't get that or don't care - that really says something about your politics.
The comment was distasteful. I hope you will also be going after every 2+2 poster who has used the term 'spaz' in a derogatory way to which I will hold my hands up.
But then you deny well documented facts about the rise in deaths under Tory social policy. Pretty hypocritical.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...erly-care.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rectly-5634404

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...m-8197640.html
tomj is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #5013
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 22,370
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBV View Post
That's a lot of potential seats Labour could win given there are 650 constituencies overal-the government's current majority is only just single figures.
Ha ha. If you have ever won any money politics betting it was pure god mode run good.

Anyone who thinks that tactical voting for LDs in place of Labour will be happening in all 650 seats is really fundamentally clueless about even the basics of our electoral system.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #5014
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 22,370
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomj View Post
The comment was distasteful. I hope you will also be going after every 2+2 poster who has used the term 'spaz' in a derogatory way to which I will hold my hands up.
But then you deny well documented facts about the rise in deaths under Tory social policy. Pretty hypocritical.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...erly-care.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rectly-5634404

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...m-8197640.html
Where does he do that?
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #5015
oldgoat
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cambridge UK
Posts: 1,609
re: UK Politics Thread

Actually i wasn't denying anything - It just irritated me the other poster was casually "shroud waving" in a attempt to not take any responsibiilty for what he was saying.

it does irritate me the way that people go on about "tards" the whole time but it's rarely done in such a graphic and tasteless way.

I've seen fairly directly the effects of benefit and social care cuts (it's the social care that's the real problem imo) as well as the effect of bullying of disabled people. Both are pretty unpleasant - the way that we casually slag people off is part of the climate that supports this.

It's one of the reasons we need a strong and electable Labour party. Unfortunately we have neither.
oldgoat is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #5016
Gin 'n Tonic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gin 'n Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Reclining my seat
Posts: 6,306
re: UK Politics Thread

Haha old Corbyn banging on again about taking money from people who worked all their lives to make a decent living and handing it out to the undeserving masses. Wanker.
Gin 'n Tonic is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 01:40 PM   #5017
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,487
re: UK Politics Thread

Yes - poor old Sir Phil Green
epcfast is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #5018
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 22,370
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin 'n Tonic View Post
Haha old Corbyn banging on again about taking money from people who worked all their lives to make a decent living and handing it out to the undeserving masses. Wanker.
Not sure what your income bracket is, but chances are you would be a net winner.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #5019
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,261
re: UK Politics Thread

LET THEM DRINK GIN 'N' TONIC
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #5020
tomdemaine
Just tries harder
 
tomdemaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Social Justice Rogue
Posts: 19,746
re: UK Politics Thread



Spoiler:
tomdemaine is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #5021
Gin 'n Tonic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gin 'n Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Reclining my seat
Posts: 6,306
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcfast View Post
Yes - poor old Sir Phil Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.F.K.1.1 View Post
Not sure what your income bracket is, but chances are you would be a net winner.
He's on about increasing taxes if you earned over like £70k. That's setting the bar for 'rich' really ****ing low.
Gin 'n Tonic is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #5022
diebitter
Grotesquely Handsome
 
diebitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 64,141
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdemaine View Post
diebitter is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #5023
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 22,370
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin 'n Tonic View Post
He's on about increasing taxes if you earned over like £70k. That's setting the bar for 'rich' really ****ing low.
70K a year puts you in the 98th percentile or thereabouts.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #5024
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,487
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin 'n Tonic View Post
He's on about increasing taxes if you earned over like £70k. That's setting the bar for 'rich' really ****ing low.

Dropping the threshold from £150k to £70k seems reasonable.
Would cost someone earning £150k a whopping £77 a week.
Would cost someone earning £80k nearly a tenner a week!
Compare that to what this lot have done to the poor and vulnerable as part of "austerity"
epcfast is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #5025
tomj
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,543
re: UK Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
erm... do you? or are you making it up?
Let's just say you downplayed the impact of Tory cuts on disabled people to score points.

In general, yes I agree the standard of language out there is poor. It should remind us the importance of political correctness in helping to shape a positive discourse when referring to oppressed groups which feeds a general climate of respect. Yes that's right Daily Mail readers (DieBitter I'm talking to you) I LOVE political correctness.
tomj is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online