Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #80551
m_reed05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,882
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Also IANAL.
m_reed05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #80552
OmgGlutten!
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,755
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

I am also uncertain that there is any real evidence that poor people eat more junk than rich people.
OmgGlutten! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #80553
dth123451
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,895
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

So, uh, subpoena Cohen. That **** isn't privileged.
dth123451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #80554
Slighted
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Slighted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,023
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
This is interesting. I have never been a fan of the other argument, which is that junk food is cheaper than healthy food. Because, well, it really isn't. A 5lb bag of apples costs the same as a bag of chips. Who eats 5lbs of apples as fast as they eat a bag of chips? Plus, look at first generation immigrants. They manage to eat a diet that resembles what they ate in their home country. They don't start mass consuming Doritos cause they are cheaper than rice and beans (again, they aren't).
food deserts exist. i've lived in one, that 5lb bag of apples that you think is cheaper, isnt cheaper after the time and money spent on multiple forms of public transportation to get to it and back.

however there was a cvs/dollar store and some convenience stores down the block, and they definitely didnt have fruit or vegetables. they had really overpriced ramen and peanut butter.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:31 PM   #80555
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Shimmy Town
Posts: 8,376
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebooger View Post
These November elections can't come soon enough.
I dunno what imma do if Dems don't win the house.
StimAbuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #80556
OneEyedPoker
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 474
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Every reasonably person knew that there might’ve been something good in the GOP memo because it was spearheaded by True American Hero Devin Nunes

OneEyedPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:35 PM   #80557
suzzer99
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 85,791
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
I am also uncertain that there is any real evidence that poor people eat more junk than rich people.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:36 PM   #80558
fatkid
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fatkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ikesghanistan
Posts: 8,170
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

The **** show continues. It never ends. Russia, if you are listening, I hope you are able to find the alleged pee tape that is missing. I think you will be rewarded mightily by our press.
fatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #80559
fatkid
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fatkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ikesghanistan
Posts: 8,170
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
I am also uncertain that there is any real evidence that poor people eat more junk than rich people.
Uh wut? Lulz
fatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #80560
Elbow Jobertski
adept
 
Elbow Jobertski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 943
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
This is interesting. I have never been a fan of the other argument, which is that junk food is cheaper than healthy food. Because, well, it really isn't. A 5lb bag of apples costs the same as a bag of chips. Who eats 5lbs of apples as fast as they eat a bag of chips? Plus, look at first generation immigrants. They manage to eat a diet that resembles what they ate in their home country. They don't start mass consuming Doritos cause they are cheaper than rice and beans (again, they aren't).
Five pounds of apples = 1184 calories

One pound of potato chips = 2428 calories

Plus, one guess as to which is easier to find or carry on a bus.

One of the sicker things about hunger in the US is that one of the best calorie/$$ ratio foods is cake. Cake mix + egg + oil goes about $1.25 for 2800 calories worth of food.

So... let them eat cake, etc.
Elbow Jobertski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:40 PM   #80561
David Sklansky
Administrator
 
David Sklansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 14,416
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWf View Post
A lot of that libertarian faith in rational actors making correct decisions in mutually beneficial free market transactions goes out the window when this **** comes up.

Almost like they were full of **** the whole time. Huh. Who could've seen that coming?
Just want to make sure you aren't talking about me. That's the exact opposite of me.
David Sklansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #80562
d10
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
d10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: I fly better than I drive
Posts: 7,065
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
****ing Wegmans. Also,please get your store together.

I don't need cheese and chips in 8 different locations

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Obvious troll post. Nobody hates Wegmans.
d10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:46 PM   #80563
David Sklansky
Administrator
 
David Sklansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 14,416
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
Do you support Trump's Harvest Box program?
No. But the one place I disagree with some of you is that I don't think people have the right to make obviously bad choices even if they are being provided for. I'm willing to insist that someone who wants my help follow my criteria if it is undebatably for his or her own good.
David Sklansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:57 PM   #80564
Huehuecoyotl
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Huehuecoyotl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: It's hard to get by on a smile
Posts: 25,144
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Brave contrarian take there.
Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #80565
JoeC2012
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Suplex City
Posts: 1,181
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid View Post
Uh wut? Lulz
Eh, I fully see Glutten's point. Rich people clearly eat different junk than poor people, but that doesn't mean it isn't junk.
JoeC2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #80566
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 27,430
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

real or onion?

ScreaminAsian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #80567
Spottswoode
veteran
 
Spottswoode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: I'm on a farm in Bellarus
Posts: 2,916
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Lol so he used his own money and set up an llc to funnel the cash to her? Okay
Spottswoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:12 AM   #80568
rugby
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,587
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
This is interesting. I have never been a fan of the other argument, which is that junk food is cheaper than healthy food. Because, well, it really isn't. A 5lb bag of apples costs the same as a bag of chips. Who eats 5lbs of apples as fast as they eat a bag of chips? Plus, look at first generation immigrants. They manage to eat a diet that resembles what they ate in their home country. They don't start mass consuming Doritos cause they are cheaper than rice and beans (again, they aren't).

Okay. Youve got a bag of apples. Now what? What do you eat for your 21 meals in a week for 29 bucks?

Like, what else is healthy and cheap and easy? It gets real boring real fast and takes a ton of effort to do.

Good tasting, easy and healthy... you can only pick two if you dont have the money.

If you look in really poor countries, same thing happens. Almost the first thing people spend money on after complete subsistance level... sugar. Because that **** is amazing and it tastes good.
rugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #80569
Elbow Jobertski
adept
 
Elbow Jobertski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 943
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottswoode View Post
Lol so he used his own money and set up an llc to funnel the cash to her? Okay
Really?

I'm thinking this would be taxable to Trump if it really were the lawyer's money.

Also, given I can't ethically front a client rent, it would be kinda fitting if a lawyer paying off a porn star on behalf of a client were ethical.
Elbow Jobertski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:15 AM   #80570
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 34,603
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgGlutten! View Post
This is interesting. I have never been a fan of the other argument, which is that junk food is cheaper than healthy food. Because, well, it really isn't. A 5lb bag of apples costs the same as a bag of chips. Who eats 5lbs of apples as fast as they eat a bag of chips? Plus, look at first generation immigrants. They manage to eat a diet that resembles what they ate in their home country. They don't start mass consuming Doritos cause they are cheaper than rice and beans (again, they aren't).
LMAO, have you ever shopped anywhere that wasn’t white? You really need to recognize your experience may not be same as people who make less than a quarter of what you do.
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:16 AM   #80571
Kirbynator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kirbynator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 51,321
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

if the pornstar just came out and said that yes she had sex with trump, would his presidency just end? I know we're being ultra pessimistic about anything happening ever anymore but that seems like something he couldnt comeback from at all now that we know she got paid that money for sure and it cant be fake news.

(something something you must be new here? keep those comments to yourselves ty)
Kirbynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:18 AM   #80572
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 13,317
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky View Post
No. But the one place I disagree with some of you is that I don't think people have the right to make obviously bad choices even if they are being provided for. I'm willing to insist that someone who wants my help follow my criteria if it is undebatably for his or her own good.
Sure, if you were to offer me $1000 and told me to buy x-good or no. But that's not how taxes work. They're a collective resource where you're not paying for other peoples food in any meaningful manner. That's why we are a representative democracy and not direct. It's why you vote.
Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:18 AM   #80573
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 34,603
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky View Post
No. But the one place I disagree with some of you is that I don't think people have the right to make obviously bad choices even if they are being provided for. I'm willing to insist that someone who wants my help follow my criteria if it is undebatably for his or her own good.
Just as long as you take a drug test before you use anything my tax dollars went to, I don’t really trust people in your tax bracket to not flaunt laws.
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:31 AM   #80574
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 27,430
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
if the pornstar just came out and said that yes she had sex with trump, would his presidency just end? I know we're being ultra pessimistic about anything happening ever anymore but that seems like something he couldnt comeback from at all now that we know she got paid that money for sure and it cant be fake news.

(something something you must be new here? keep those comments to yourselves ty)
bro a new pornstar could announce she's banging trump right now and trump wouldn't resign
ScreaminAsian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:36 AM   #80575
zikzak
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zikzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hither, Yon
Posts: 21,082
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Jobertski View Post
Five pounds of apples = 1184 calories

One pound of potato chips = 2428 calories

Plus, one guess as to which is easier to find or carry on a bus.

One of the sicker things about hunger in the US is that one of the best calorie/$$ ratio foods is cake. Cake mix + egg + oil goes about $1.25 for 2800 calories worth of food.

So... let them eat cake, etc.
The number of calories you can get from a fast food dollar menu is pretty damn amazing.
zikzak is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online