Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #14901
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,959
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by np1235711 View Post
Your characterization is reasonable from your point of view as a Trump "antagonist". Barr's position is reasonable from the point of view of the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the land.



Barr didn't interfere with Mueller and let him do what he wanted. Mueller's mandate was to examine tampering by foreign nationals with the 2016 election and if any of it was actionable legally.



Mueller found:



“[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” the report said, while also saying there were "links" between the two.



“While the investigation identified numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges. Among other things, the evidence was not sufficient to charge any Campaign official as an unregistered agent of the Russian government or other Russian principal,” the special counsel report stated.



That is pretty straight forward. I know Rachel Maddow and Clap(per) and Adam Shiftless led you on for two years to engage in Onanism over the impending doom of Orangeman..... but the evidence just wasn't there no matter how many tax evaders were put in solitary confinement and how many proctological exams were done. Sorry.



Prosecutors indict when they find what they believe is a reasonable case and Mr. Mueller chose not to take any action to ANY American on the subject of colluding with the Russians. Period.



The Justice Department isn't in the business of finding people innocent.... that's not how the system works.



As to obstruction, I don't believe that was part of Mueller's mandate but he saw fit to write a nice political document. Great. Adam Shiftless and Jerrold (Jabba the Hutt) Nadler, et all can do what they please with that and I hope they take the ball and run like hell with it.



However the US Attorney General and case law (as pointed out by Dershowitz) argue a sitting President while operating under his Constitutional authority can hire and fire whoever he pleases whenever he pleases. There was no underlying crime firing Comey or screaming from the rafters at Mueller,so no obstruction.... sorry.



Now the house may bend and bastardize the Impeachment Clause any way the care to:



. “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors”.



I hope to God they do......


You. Like Barr. Also left off the beginning of the first sentence.

It’s starts out with “although”
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 03:17 PM   #14902
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effen View Post
Btw np, you're good, but you're still tipping off you're not a native English speaker with all the ellipses.... We dont use them like that.... I know you don't care.... But enjoy your money.... Hopefully the gangs in Belarus won't murder you.

LOL Inspector Clouseau..... Bronx, NY, 'Murica.

You are right on top of your game today!!!!

PS.... I was the guy Cohen met with in Prague :-)
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #14903
davmcg
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,398
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Has the trumpbot decided to boycott the thread?
davmcg is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #14904
uke_master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,334
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmcg View Post
Has the trumpbot decided to boycott the thread?
This forum is about to close. The politics forum is moving here: http://exiledpolitics.freeforums.net/

Bot has been shut down as a result
uke_master is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 04:15 PM   #14905
formula72
veteran
 
formula72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,466
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uke_master View Post
This forum is about to close. The politics forum is moving here: http://exiledpolitics.freeforums.net/

Bot has been shut down as a result
Wanna make a bet?
formula72 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #14906
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Sklansky View Post
just save the link to this forum. when we close forums, they don't actually get deleted, usually.
Sorry to kill any action.
otatop is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #14907
SJCX
adept
 
SJCX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 919
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

This one is still closing?
SJCX is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 06:18 PM   #14908
formula72
veteran
 
formula72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,466
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCX View Post
This one is still closing?
If closing means attempting to get as much of the traffic to post elsewhere as possible, then yes.
formula72 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #14909
formula72
veteran
 
formula72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,466
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
Sorry to kill any action.
Amazing
formula72 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:50 AM   #14910
cutterC
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 76
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

From the comments I’ve read, it looks like poker players should stick to poker (and maybe learn a little English grammar). Just sayin’.....
However, I do enjoy poker players talking politics at the table. It greatly enhances the enjoyment of targeting!
cutterC is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 07:11 AM   #14911
dlk9s
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dlk9s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Correct, as usual.
Posts: 22,491
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

From the comment I've read, it looks like cutterC should stick to not posting.
dlk9s is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 08:29 AM   #14912
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterC View Post
From the comments I’ve read, it looks like poker players should stick to poker (and maybe learn a little English grammar). Just sayin’.....
However, I do enjoy poker players talking politics at the table. It greatly enhances the enjoyment of targeting!
You can tilt almost every old nit at the Isle Casino in Pompano Beach by just mentioning his name...... seriously!
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #14913
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,563
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

suzzer99 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #14914
TrollyWantACracker
Pooh-Bah
 
TrollyWantACracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,106
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I think a more astute observation is that those douchebags don't seem to be where they belong either.
TrollyWantACracker is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #14915
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,563
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Did the Trumpbot die too? Would be funny to see this thread keep going with just the bot posting to itself.
suzzer99 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #14916
iron81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iron81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Resident Spork
Posts: 17,717
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Goofy took it offline because that's his way of showing displeasure toward Mat.
iron81 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #14917
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

...because otherwise it might keep people posting here in response to it. I don't think Mat cares if the bot is here or not.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #14918
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,088
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

But the dystopian vision of only the bot posting here is pretty entertaining, so it's sad to lose out on that :P
well named is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #14919
JackBurton
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 563
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Didn't read much of this thread, but I'm wondering if people and american media are still losing time with memes that some russian bots made and the sex scandals of the president and ignoring the possible new deals made with Saudi Arabia. Continuing the great Bush and Clinton tradition of dealing with the greatest sponsors of terrorism and chaos in the middle east. But money talks, since those guys are richer than Buffet, Gates and Bezos combined.

Trump what a disapointment... No online poker in the land of the free again (for my ignorant selfish reasons) and continuing making deals with Saudi Arabia in foreign policy in the present and future.

Last edited by well named; 04-22-2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: unacceptable content
JackBurton is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:48 AM   #14920
cutterC
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 76
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

You only think you’re free.
Are you renting your house from the government? It’s called property taxes (a nice way of saying it).
Can you roll through a stop sign?
Can you go over the speed limit?
Must you wear a seatbelt?
Can you smoke a natural weed product?
Can you make your own alcohol?
Can you _______
cutterC is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #14921
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

if the house does impeach, can Cocaine Mitch just delay the trial indefinitely or is that beyond his control?
 
Old 04-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #14922
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21,254
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
if the house does impeach, can Cocaine Mitch just delay the trial indefinitely or is that beyond his control?
This is a question I hope we don't have to see answered--not in a legal sense because it's supposed to trigger an automatic trial in the senate; but like who's gonna do anything if he simply doesn't. My guess he'll do it because simply he thinks it'll cost dems in the next election as it did R's in 98 (though they won everything in 00 anyway).
wheatrich is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #14923
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

I think the "an impeachment/trial will hurt the opposition party because that's what happened 20 years ago" theory is lolbad. For clinton, all that came out is that he got a few bjs in the oval office (and obviously that was all out in the open well before the actual impeachment), which even by late-90s moralistic standards wasn't that big of a deal (clearly we're more sophisticated about calling out power imbalances etc now).

In trump's case, there are some actual crimes going on here, plus who knows what sort of keystone cops incompetence will come out.

Clearly Trump actually being removed by senate republicans is a huge longshot, but getting this **** on TV constantly for months will have negative effects. Plus there's always that possibility that a huge bombshell drops and republicans actually have to cut him loose.
 
Old 04-24-2019, 08:12 PM   #14924
BrookTrout
old hand
 
BrookTrout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,722
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Anything that raises his blood pressure can’t be a bad thing.
BrookTrout is offline  
Old 04-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #14925
TwitchySeal
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 331
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
if the house does impeach, can Cocaine Mitch just delay the trial indefinitely or is that beyond his control?
I think the Chief Justice (John Roberts) would be in charge of the Senate hearing if the house votes to impeach. Not sure what Mitches roll would be.
TwitchySeal is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive