Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #14876
Slighted
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Slighted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,030
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by np1235711 View Post
It seems as though Prof Dershowitz vehemently disagrees with the learned legal opinions being espoused here on 2+2. It seems as though he believes there is a very large difference between A President exercising his Constitutional authority to hire and fire within the Executive branch and some shmoo on the street. He sites numerous examples:





https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...HmN/story.html

and:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/a.../18/id/912381/
yeah.. as a lawyer, the only thing i would trust ol' dersh on anymore is how to avoid being prosecuted for ****ing underage girls.. and that answer is just be rich and white.
Slighted is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #14877
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21,255
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

What the guy who acts like Trump's lawyer every single time is on his side again? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
wheatrich is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 02:53 AM   #14878
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatrich View Post
What the guy who acts like Trump's lawyer every single time is on his side again? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
So your learned argument is because he agrees with Trump he must be a shill? It isn't possible/likely he knows (or likely forgot) more about Constitutional Law than you fellas?

Understand perfectly now.... thanks for making such a strong/convincing argument.

I am actually surprised he isn't a closeted racist and a Nazi.... the quality of argument is improving here! Maybe the 12 hour shut down did something positive!
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 02:58 AM   #14879
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,905
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

He is definitely senile and his knowledge of executive branch constitutional law is extremely weak.

But keep carrying water for child rapists, it fits your mo here of not actually being informed on anything yourself.
markksman is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 04:32 AM   #14880
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
He is definitely senile and his knowledge of executive branch constitutional law is extremely weak.

But keep carrying water for child rapists, it fits your mo here of not actually being informed on anything yourself.
Well.... I am glad to see the intelligentsia here has graduated from calling people they disagree (and have no contextual argument against) with from racists and Nazis to child rapists as if Harvard University is an annex of the Arch Diocese of Boston.....

I am guessing you have no reasonable argument against the citations he put forth, ehhhh......

Totally unsurprising.
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #14881
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
Well, if you want to play the Harvard card, then you know who else was on Harvard faculty? James Watson, the guy credited for DNA structure.



Turns out he's wildy racist and was disavowed by Cold Spring Harbor (his Harvard affiliation).


So the Harvard imprimatur is a bit less than perfect.
Old Watson was pretty good at Biology though, so I would take his opinion on that stuff pretty readily even if he beat his wife and children.

I'm actually not sure what your point is... do you think Dershowitz has a poor opinion about Constitutional Law compared to .... oh, I don't know.... say... you???

And... FWIW.... is "Poisoning the Well" the only debate trick they taught you fellas in what passes for universities today?
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 08:58 AM   #14882
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
Well, if you want to play the Harvard card, then you know who else was on Harvard faculty? James Watson, the guy credited for DNA structure.



Turns out he's wildy racist and was disavowed by Cold Spring Harbor (his Harvard affiliation).


So the Harvard imprimatur is a bit less than perfect.
Old Watson was pretty good at Biology though, so I would take his opinion on that stuff pretty readily even if he beat his wife and children.

I'm actually not sure what your point is... do you think Dershowitz has a poor opinion about Constitutional Law compared to .... oh, I don't know.... say... you???
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #14883
Huehuecoyotl
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Huehuecoyotl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: It's hard to get by on a smile
Posts: 29,293
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Yes?
Huehuecoyotl is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #14884
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,963
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by np1235711 View Post
Well.... I am glad to see the intelligentsia here has graduated from calling people they disagree (and have no contextual argument against) with from racists and Nazis to child rapists as if Harvard University is an annex of the Arch Diocese of Boston.....



I am guessing you have no reasonable argument against the citations he put forth, ehhhh......



Totally unsurprising.


The argument is pretty simple and it doesn’t involve calling you out for carrying water for a rapist

Barr read the report. The report said there was collusion but it didn’t meet the threshold of criminal charges AND the report makes no recommendation on the subject of obstruction of justice

Barr then writes a memo tbat says no collusion and no obstruction

If that was enough he gives a live press conference and is defending the president, while acting as the AG on the nation.
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #14885
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,891
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
The argument is pretty simple and it doesn’t involve calling you out for carrying water for a rapist

Barr read the report. The report said there was collusion but it didn’t meet the threshold of criminal charges AND the report makes no recommendation on the subject of obstruction of justice

Barr then writes a memo tbat says no collusion and no obstruction

If that was enough he gives a live press conference and is defending the president, while acting as the AG on the nation.
Barr read the report and decided to not use the included summaries. So he wrote a BS summary quoting sentence fragments out of context. The purpose of that summary: to mislead the public.

The report makes clear that Mueller believed he had no ability to indict the President, and that the Constitution provides the proper forum to determine guilt or innocence of a president. The House of Representatives.

Dershowitz suggests Mueller made the determination not to indict on the evidence. He's uninformed or lying.
NhlNut is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #14886
Day
banned
 
Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 29
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
The argument is pretty simple and it doesn’t involve calling you out for carrying water for a rapist

Barr read the report. The report said there was collusion but it didn’t meet the threshold of criminal charges AND the report makes no recommendation on the subject of obstruction of justice

Barr then writes a memo tbat says no collusion and no obstruction

If that was enough he gives a live press conference and is defending the president, while acting as the AG on the nation.
Hi




We also have Loretta Lynch : "Bill Clinton and AG Loretta Lynch meet privately - CNNPolitics" - Can't link sites but you can go to judicialwach website and search for Loretta Lynch FBI report. I also copy-pasted the title from your favourite tv news media so you can't come with accuses like "you took this from the President friendly media outlet"

We don't want to even imagine having Bill Barr secret meeting with Jared Kushner or Don Junior. The left would go nuts!
Day is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #14887
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,794
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Fast & Furious sounds like quite a scandal.
Victor is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #14888
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
The argument is pretty simple and it doesn’t involve calling you out for carrying water for a rapist

Barr read the report. The report said there was collusion but it didn’t meet the threshold of criminal charges AND the report makes no recommendation on the subject of obstruction of justice

Barr then writes a memo tbat says no collusion and no obstruction

If that was enough he gives a live press conference and is defending the president, while acting as the AG on the nation.
Your characterization is reasonable from your point of view as a Trump "antagonist". Barr's position is reasonable from the point of view of the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the land.

Barr didn't interfere with Mueller and let him do what he wanted. Mueller's mandate was to examine tampering by foreign nationals with the 2016 election and if any of it was actionable legally.

Mueller found:

“[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” the report said, while also saying there were "links" between the two.

“While the investigation identified numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges. Among other things, the evidence was not sufficient to charge any Campaign official as an unregistered agent of the Russian government or other Russian principal,” the special counsel report stated.

That is pretty straight forward. I know Rachel Maddow and Clap(per) and Adam Shiftless led you on for two years to engage in Onanism over the impending doom of Orangeman..... but the evidence just wasn't there no matter how many tax evaders were put in solitary confinement and how many proctological exams were done. Sorry.

Prosecutors indict when they find what they believe is a reasonable case and Mr. Mueller chose not to take any action to ANY American on the subject of colluding with the Russians. Period.

The Justice Department isn't in the business of finding people innocent.... that's not how the system works.

As to obstruction, I don't believe that was part of Mueller's mandate but he saw fit to write a nice political document. Great. Adam Shiftless and Jerrold (Jabba the Hutt) Nadler, et all can do what they please with that and I hope they take the ball and run like hell with it.

However the US Attorney General and case law (as pointed out by Dershowitz) argue a sitting President while operating under his Constitutional authority can hire and fire whoever he pleases whenever he pleases. There was no underlying crime firing Comey or screaming from the rafters at Mueller,so no obstruction.... sorry.

Now the house may bend and bastardize the Impeachment Clause any way the care to:

. “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors”.

I hope to God they do......
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #14889
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,891
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day View Post
We don't want to even imagine having Bill Barr secret meeting with Jared Kushner or Don Junior. The left would go nuts!
Don't have to imagine. White House got Mueller report end of March.
Not to mention Nunes and Burr reporting to White House on their activities.
NhlNut is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #14890
np1235711
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,218
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlNut View Post
Barr read the report and decided to not use the included summaries. So he wrote a BS summary quoting sentence fragments out of context. The purpose of that summary: to mislead the public.

The report makes clear that Mueller believed he had no ability to indict the President, and that the Constitution provides the proper forum to determine guilt or innocence of a president. The House of Representatives.

Dershowitz suggests Mueller made the determination not to indict on the evidence. He's uninformed or lying.
Mueller not only didn't indict the President.... he didn't indict ANYONE for colluding with the Ruskies where he certainly could have legally and constitutionally. No Jared, no Don Jr. .... not nobody!!!! When will you dead enders get that through your skulls.

I guess Mueller must be "in the tank" for Orange.

Or ....do you think Trump got on the phone with Putin and said, "Pssst Vlad..... find me some dirt on Hildog and I'll sell to 20% of America's uranium.... oh.... wait a minute.... someone already did that!"

Jesus......
np1235711 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #14891
Effen
CRAB
 
Effen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 100% less ****s given
Posts: 24,004
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

At least this np guy is a higher quality astroturfer than they usually send here.
Effen is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #14892
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 17,891
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effen View Post
At least this np guy is a higher quality astroturfer than they usually send here.
It is frustrating having obvious errors go unchallenged, but who really wants to waste their time when you know it's falling on deaf ears.
NhlNut is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #14893
Effen
CRAB
 
Effen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 100% less ****s given
Posts: 24,004
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlNut View Post
It is frustrating having obvious errors go unchallenged, but who really wants to waste their time when you know it's falling on deaf ears.
Anybody who cares about reality can see what's in front of them. Anyone who wants to (to be hugely charitable) play devil's advocate or (much more likely) to be a giant piece of **** carrying water for pieces of **** who at least get something out of it isn't getting convinced.

Sometimes people are trolls - you just say "**** you" and move on.
Effen is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #14894
Effen
CRAB
 
Effen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 100% less ****s given
Posts: 24,004
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Btw np, you're good, but you're still tipping off you're not a native English speaker with all the ellipses.... We dont use them like that.... I know you don't care.... But enjoy your money.... Hopefully the gangs in Belarus won't murder you.
Effen is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #14895
Slighted
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Slighted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,030
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

i didnt know that np dude was serious, that why i gave a joking response to the dersh thing.

dersh slept with underage girls and is seriously compromised. he has clearly forgotten more law than i know, but that doesn't mean he still remembers more law than i know..

also he's wrong, pretty much every criminal take he's given is incorrect.
Slighted is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #14896
Effen
CRAB
 
Effen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 100% less ****s given
Posts: 24,004
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post
i didnt know that np dude was serious, that why i gave a joking response to the dersh thing.

dersh slept with underage girls and is seriously compromised. he has clearly forgotten more law than i know, but that doesn't mean he still remembers more law than i know..

also he's wrong, pretty much every criminal take he's given is incorrect.
well, yes, because you have eyes.

np's paycheck depends on not having eyes.

hard to get a man to see something when his paycheck (at a Russian troll farm) depends on him not seeing it.

hope it's worth it, Yegor
Effen is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #14897
kre8tive
veteran
 
kre8tive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,098
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

The dystopian landscape prediction around here is coming to fruition

The bot continues to rattle off bull****, randos carry water for the worst humanity has to offer while the regs are emigrating elsewhere

Congrats, [redacted] for cutting off your nose to spite your face

I don't even have the DESIRE to dunk on the slappy

Sad times indeed
kre8tive is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #14898
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

People still use this thread?
epcfast is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #14899
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,575
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by np1235711 View Post
It seems as though Prof Dershowitz vehemently disagrees with the learned legal opinions being espoused here on 2+2....He sites numerous examples:
Quote:
Originally Posted by np1235711 View Post
I am guessing you have no reasonable argument against the citations he put forth, ehhhh......

Totally unsurprising.
is it sitations or citations? asking for a friend
tgiggity is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #14900
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,963
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Harm to Ongoing Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day View Post
Hi









We also have Loretta Lynch : "Bill Clinton and AG Loretta Lynch meet privately - CNNPolitics" - Can't link sites but you can go to judicialwach website and search for Loretta Lynch FBI report. I also copy-pasted the title from your favourite tv news media so you can't come with accuses like "you took this from the President friendly media outlet"



We don't want to even imagine having Bill Barr secret meeting with Jared Kushner or Don Junior. The left would go nuts!


Hey guys. Totally off topic but whataboutism that n
TheHip41 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive