Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2019, 03:39 PM   #12851
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 03:45 PM   #12852
smacc25
veteran
 
smacc25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Green Baize
Posts: 2,969
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
It began when republican op research looked into you.


He is going to go after Obama.
He's blamed Obama from the start, starting with the birther then the wire taps. He was always his out.

HRC maybe the face off the devil, but they know who the real enemy's are.
smacc25 is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #12853
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,269
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

trump is OUTRAGED that someone would investigate a political rival.
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #12854
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,861
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I don't think he's actually going to go after HRC or Obama, it's much more effective to continue railing against this false conspiracy against him. It's more useful to him as a looming specter than it is as an actual problem to be addressed.
LFS is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 04:01 PM   #12855
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,758
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFS View Post
I don't think he's actually going to go after HRC or Obama, it's much more effective to continue railing against this false conspiracy against him. It's more useful to him as a looming specter than it is as an actual problem to be addressed.

Agreed Democrats move on but We need to investigate HRC or Obama as they are part of the Deep State
lozen is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #12856
aarono2690
Pooh-Bah
 
aarono2690's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "janitor and restroom attendant" MN
Posts: 3,872
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

How come no one calls Trump stupid at the national level? I think ignoring everything he says and referring to him as Simple Trump is a sound strategy. He thrives on outrage and attention and his weakness appears to be ignoring him.

Imagine if during the debates he goes into one of his 3 minute rambling answers and the Democratic candidate just stared at him like he took a **** on the carpet.

“Mr. Wallace as you can see, that’s why we refer to him as Simple Trump...”

Don’t get mad. Don’t give him attention. Just point out how stupid he is and move on.
aarono2690 is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 04:19 PM   #12857
King_of_NYC
betting he never calls me again
 
King_of_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: F train
Posts: 4,038
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

He should be called "no-nothing" Donald whenever someone is put in a position to debate any of his policies. And it should be pointed out that orange did not actually win the previous election whenever anyone attempts to state it as a baseline fact.
King_of_NYC is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 04:50 PM   #12858
SuperUberBob
Not interesting enough
 
SuperUberBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 48,295
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I'd like to see the Democrat nominee no-show the debates.
SuperUberBob is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 05:21 PM   #12859
jmakin
DoorDash Balla
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 29,667
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarono2690 View Post
How come no one calls Trump stupid at the national level? I think ignoring everything he says and referring to him as Simple Trump is a sound strategy. He thrives on outrage and attention and his weakness appears to be ignoring him.

Imagine if during the debates he goes into one of his 3 minute rambling answers and the Democratic candidate just stared at him like he took a **** on the carpet.

ďMr. Wallace as you can see, thatís why we refer to him as Simple Trump...Ē

Donít get mad. Donít give him attention. Just point out how stupid he is and move on.


His supporters like that hes really stupid. Its a feature not a bug
jmakin is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 05:40 PM   #12860
Money2Burn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Misreading your post.
Posts: 12,634
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realDonaldTrump View Post
From the party of Pizzagate, Benghazi, Birtherism, and many other such scandals built on baseless accusations that all ultimately were bull****. Like, do people not remember Birtherism?
Money2Burn is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #12861
Money2Burn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Misreading your post.
Posts: 12,634
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
His supporters like that hes really stupid. Its a feature not a bug
Right, and by calling him stupid, thy realize you are calling them stupid, and most people donít react well to being called stupid.
Money2Burn is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #12862
feedthabeast
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
feedthabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,303
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
His supporters like that hes really stupid. Its a feature not a bug
No.... they actually think he's smart. One of my company's clients, who literally refers to herself as a deplorable, said he's a genius who is too smart to communicate well with average people. He's trying to dumb it down for the Rubes but it's too hard for his brain because it works too fast.

I'm not joking.
feedthabeast is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 06:01 PM   #12863
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
His supporters like that hes really stupid. Its a feature not a bug
He wont like it though. It seems like it would be easy to get him to lose his cool in the debates with a few well placed jabs.
batair is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 06:02 PM   #12864
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthabeast View Post
No.... they actually think he's smart. One of my company's clients, who literally refers to herself as a deplorable, said he's a genius who is too smart to communicate well with average people. He's trying to dumb it down for the Rubes but it's too hard for his brain because it works too fast.

I'm not joking.

You are completely missing the point of her comment. Deplorables like that he is an idiot who pretends he is smart. That way they can, by extension, think they too are smart even though they are complete morons.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:20 PM   #12865
GMan42
Pooh-Bah
 
GMan42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bringing you mediocrity since 1971
Posts: 5,083
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I feel like a lot of less intelligent people believe very strongly in the idea that they and their peers have a ton of common sense that "book-smart" people lack. This is why when Trump starts going on about how simple the solutions are to everything, and how he'd have it all fixed by now if the liberal eggheads weren't getting in his way, it fits right into that worldview.

I mean obviously the guy's a self-made billionaire (a claim we'll take at face value without ever questioning it) because his amazing instincts allow him to effortlessly make the bestest deals, we'd much rather have a guy like that in office than that black guy that I couldn't understand half the time.
GMan42 is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #12866
SuperUberBob
Not interesting enough
 
SuperUberBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 48,295
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

People who lack education often have a disdain for those who do have it. I think it's jealousy of the educated that manifests itself in promoting your own common sense as better. It's like seeing your neighbor get a Porsche and criticizing it for not being an American car like your Ford minivan. You don't actually care about where it's from. It's just your way of dealing with the fact that your neighbor has a kickass car that you can only dream of having.
SuperUberBob is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #12867
jmakin
DoorDash Balla
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 29,667
The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan42 View Post
I feel like a lot of less intelligent people believe very strongly in the idea that they and their peers have a ton of common sense that "book-smart" people lack. This is why when Trump starts going on about how simple the solutions are to everything, and how he'd have it all fixed by now if the liberal eggheads weren't getting in his way, it fits right into that worldview.

I mean obviously the guy's a self-made billionaire (a claim we'll take at face value without ever questioning it) because his amazing instincts allow him to effortlessly make the bestest deals, we'd much rather have a guy like that in office than that black guy that I couldn't understand half the time.


Yes this is what i meant by they love hes stupid. Perhaps a better word is ďsimple.Ē But theyíre synonyms to me.


Im risking stroking trumps dick here but when he was younger he definitely had a savvy. Not a business one - but thereís a certain type of intelligence to the level of con heís able to pull off. I begrudgingly respect it sometimes.

No doubt heís a moron but even morons can be good at stuff and heís an unbelievable swindler.
jmakin is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:42 PM   #12868
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:44 PM   #12869
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,393
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan42 View Post
I feel like a lot of less intelligent people believe very strongly in the idea that they and their peers have a ton of common sense that "book-smart" people lack. This is why when Trump starts going on about how simple the solutions are to everything, and how he'd have it all fixed by now if the liberal eggheads weren't getting in his way, it fits right into that worldview.

I mean obviously the guy's a self-made billionaire (a claim we'll take at face value without ever questioning it) because his amazing instincts allow him to effortlessly make the bestest deals, we'd much rather have a guy like that in office than that black guy that I couldn't understand half the time.
To be fair it's largely true that a lot of poorly educated people are smarter than a lot of highly educated people.

Jmakin here is a nice example of someone who had screwed around and maybe did a little community college or something, worked non-intellectual jobs, but was very smart. Most of the time people in that spot don't do anything that gets them a credential that proves they are capable, but Jmakin did go and get a degree in a very hard and competitive subject at a school every bit as challenging as the Ivys and one where you can't pull **** like dropping classes right before the final because you're afraid you're not going to pass.
microbet is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:45 PM   #12870
zoltan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zoltan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Off my lawn you little punk!
Posts: 21,443
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUberBob View Post
People who lack education often have a disdain for those who do have it. I think it's jealousy of the educated that manifests itself in promoting your own common sense as better. It's like seeing your neighbor get a Porsche and criticizing it for not being an American car like your Ford minivan. You don't actually care about where it's from. It's just your way of dealing with the fact that your neighbor has a kickass car that you can only dream of having.
If I were a deplorable, this post would absolutely affirm everything Trump says about the liberal elite eggheads.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using 2+2 Forums
zoltan is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:47 PM   #12871
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,393
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
Yes this is what i meant by they love hes stupid. Perhaps a better word is “simple.” But they’re synonyms to me.


Im risking stroking trumps dick here but when he was younger he definitely had a savvy. Not a business one - but there’s a certain type of intelligence to the level of con he’s able to pull off. I begrudgingly respect it sometimes.

No doubt he’s a moron but even morons can be good at stuff and he’s an unbelievable swindler.
As a contractor I've worked with a lot of home improvement salespeople and he's just a totally standard salesman. Nothing special. He came into this world on 3rd base and he didn't get any further until a bunch of ****ers voted for him for POTUS.
microbet is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:51 PM   #12872
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 38,110
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Whereas Jr is more of the born on third and got picked off trying to steal second type.
gregorio is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 08:01 PM   #12873
GMan42
Pooh-Bah
 
GMan42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bringing you mediocrity since 1971
Posts: 5,083
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post
To be fair it's largely true that a lot of poorly educated people are smarter than a lot of highly educated people.

Jmakin here is a nice example of someone who had screwed around and maybe did a little community college or something, worked non-intellectual jobs, but was very smart. Most of the time people in that spot don't do anything that gets them a credential that proves they are capable, but Jmakin did go and get a degree in a very hard and competitive subject at a school every bit as elite as the Ivys and one where you can't pull **** like dropping classes right before the final because you're afraid you're not going to pass.
Oh for sure. And I'm no snob about this, I myself am a college dropout who worked meh jobs for a while and then got into an IT job with a salary I'm pretty proud of. But there's definitely a sour grapes thing about it, I feel like there's a lot of schadenfreude from most non-college grads when they see the grads drowning in student loan debt, and all the snarky "enjoy your art history degree" type comments, etc.
GMan42 is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 08:12 PM   #12874
jmakin
DoorDash Balla
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 29,667
The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan42 View Post
Oh for sure. And I'm no snob about this, I myself am a college dropout who worked meh jobs for a while and then got into an IT job with a salary I'm pretty proud of. But there's definitely a sour grapes thing about it, I feel like there's a lot of schadenfreude from most non-college grads when they see the grads drowning in student loan debt, and all the snarky "enjoy your art history degree" type comments, etc.


Well thanks for stroking my dick micro but letís not forget i come from privilege. Yea i grew up poor and had kind of a rough time for a while but there were endless safety nets for me if i decided to stray. I never utilized it though - for that iím super proud of. But even just knowing you have those kind of nets lets you take risks or do things you normally wouldnt. I also gamed the system pretty hard.

Gman, unfortunately i was/am kind of one of those people. But my thing is - i KNEW why i was going to school. It wasnt just expected of me, and it wasnt easy at all. I think these kids that study stupid **** and dont even really TRY to learn or improve themselves or make themselves valuable to the world - then rack on enormous debt, and then screech that the worlds not fair are really the worst thing about my generation.
jmakin is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 08:15 PM   #12875
jmakin
DoorDash Balla
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 29,667
The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I also will throw down a hot take and say students that take on massive debt to study arts and not science are the very definition of white privilege. No poor person would EVER do that. There used to be an argument that the older millennials were duped into taking on this debt because degree = automatic success but that myths been largely dispelled for a long time. Thereís no excuse anymore. If you want to study that go for it, i definitely think itís valuable - just know that your choice has consequences
jmakin is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive