Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #12376
cuserounder
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cuserounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,166
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
They donít need to do that symbolic crap. They need to suponea

His tax returns
Trump orgs entire financial infrastructure
Jr
Ivanka
Kurchner
Orange nazi
All the cabinet members who have a LONG history of corruption (which is all of them)

Donít let ANY of them testify in-camera. Make it all public. If they refuse to answer charge them.

Pass a massive corruption bill. EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Make the senate turn it down over and over.

Refuse EVERY SINGLE thing asked by republicans. Every detail, procedure, request for coffee funding. Everything! Until the above is complete.
They should pass HR1 and Medicare for All over and over, but the whole caucus doesn't even necessarily support Medicare for All. They should subpoena the taxes and all that, as well as Jr, Ivanka and Kushner.

They should demand the full Mueller report, as well.

If they go much beyond that in terms of investigations/subpoenas, they'll be basically guaranteeing the world a second term (or more) of Trump.
cuserounder is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:03 PM   #12377
cuserounder
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cuserounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,166
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realDonaldTrump View Post
Are we about to enter the phase of the Trump presidency in which he goes from talking about jailing his political opponents to actually trying to jail them in earnest?
cuserounder is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:07 PM   #12378
cuserounder
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cuserounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,166
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Democrats have had the house for three months and done basically nothing but cower and capitulate.
And what am I supposed to do? Perhaps find a respected Democratic member of Congress who chairs a committee and yell at him at a protest in the middle of his speech telling him to do more? Call my members of Congress and complain?

Oh wait, I did those things.

Perhaps tell others what a joke the party has become? Check my posting history, you'll find me ranting and raving about the DNC.

Am I supposed to take to the streets and riot over the Democrats? We can't even get people to take to the streets to peacefully protest the Republicans throwing kids in cages.
cuserounder is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #12379
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:18 PM   #12380
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,334
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

welcome to the era of doubelspeak
tgiggity is online now  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:21 PM   #12381
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuserounder View Post
And what am I supposed to do? Perhaps find a respected Democratic member of Congress who chairs a committee and yell at him at a protest in the middle of his speech telling him to do more? Call my members of Congress and complain?

Oh wait, I did those things.

Perhaps tell others what a joke the party has become? Check my posting history, you'll find me ranting and raving about the DNC.

Am I supposed to take to the streets and riot over the Democrats? We can't even get people to take to the streets to peacefully protest the Republicans throwing kids in cages.
You are making my point for me. I donít think itís fixable under the current system. It is too broken.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #12382
David Sklansky
Administrator
 
David Sklansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,795
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuserounder View Post
They should pass HR1 and Medicare for All over and over, but the whole caucus doesn't even necessarily support Medicare for All. They should subpoena the taxes and all that, as well as Jr, Ivanka and Kushner.

They should demand the full Mueller report, as well.

If they go much beyond that in terms of investigations/subpoenas, they'll be basically guaranteeing the world a second term (or more) of Trump.

They will go beyond that even though they probably agree with you that it helps Trump get re elected. Because that is not their main goal. Their main goal, as it is for 90% of the human race, is to do what is in their personal interest. And they are concerned with not making themselves look foolish which they think they would if they let things go.
David Sklansky is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:29 PM   #12383
cuserounder
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cuserounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,166
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
You are making my point for me. I donít think itís fixable under the current system. It is too broken.
The system being badly broken doesn't mean that there isn't a significant appetite among citizens to fix it. It's just that the system is so broken that it's extremely difficult to fix it in any meaningful way.

Things will probably have to get so bad that violence is the only way to fix it before people are motivated enough to take to the streets, at which point peaceful protest will just get a bunch of us killed.

Or, Dems will win in 2020 and the slow march toward authoritarianism will be slow again for a while and things will seem okay.

Or, we'll catch lightning in a bottle and maybe just maybe get the right POTUS and enough of Congress to do something from 2020-2024... but it's a long shot.
cuserounder is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #12384
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Let’s start with the length of your elections. They are certifiably insane. Like completely nuts. Indefensibly so. They guarantee your political divisiveness.

My province just announced an election THREE WEEKS before Election Day.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:50 PM   #12385
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21,247
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

wheatrich is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #12386
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,334
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Letís start with the length of your elections. They are certifiably insane. Like completely nuts. Indefensibly so. They guarantee your political divisiveness.

My province just announced an election THREE WEEKS before Election Day.
our elections are about pageantry, raising money, and tv ratings. America cares very little about finding the right people to run our country

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuserounder View Post
Am I supposed to take to the streets and riot over the Democrats? We can't even get people to take to the streets to peacefully protest the Republicans throwing kids in cages.
seriously, this. as long as netflix is still streaming and social media is up the majority of americans can't be bothered to give one single ****, even when kids are forcibly seperated from their parents and locked in cages... oh, and then the government says they can't afford to reunite those children with their parents... so ya know, **** em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
You are making my point for me. I donít think itís fixable under the current system. It is too broken.
definitely too broken. hopefully europe will be kind enough to have some kind of screening process for american refugees instead of just rejecting all of us when the civil war starts
tgiggity is online now  
Old 03-25-2019, 11:05 PM   #12387
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,800
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckSauce View Post
Ya if only we could get the president on tape requesting Russia hack his opponent. Damn wouldn't that be a nice piece of evidence to have. Oh wait.
I know, right? It's smoking gun evidence right there on tape!

Except this is 2019. We no longer live in an era of mutually-agreed upon facts, even at the most basic level. It's all fake news. Even in theory I don't know what "smoking gun evidence" even means to the Alex Jones crowd. I think Nixon-style removal from office via threat of impeachment cannot ever happen at a time when the two parties can't agree on either common values or even basic facts. I think presidential scandals from here on out are going to fit the Iran-Contra mold more than the Watergate mold.
Trolly McTrollson is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 11:58 PM   #12388
tomrh3
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,326
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Mueller Madness bracket above legit just made me crack up. After a previous 24 hours of despair and little sleep. Just the fact that this bracket exists... With maddow as the 1 seed... And the libs have gotten completely owned again as usual and Sarah ****** Sanders is rubbing it in our faces. What kind of fcked up timeline is this? Can I just sell my soul and morals and join awval and the rest of the deplorables and hop aboard team MAGA? Probably good for my blood pressure, and then I get to just ignore facts and troll liberals and post dank memes all day and nothing matters....?

I've lost the max bet to predictit "Trump out of office by end of 20xx" for 2017, 2018, and just liquidated all of my 2019 shares for 70% loss the second I saw the headlines yesterday. First time I've sold any shares rather than letting them expire.

Time to take a bit of a politics vacation for me I think. Think I'm using my "WAAF time, dealer!".
tomrh3 is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 12:43 AM   #12389
cuserounder
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cuserounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,166
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Letís start with the length of your elections. They are certifiably insane. Like completely nuts. Indefensibly so. They guarantee your political divisiveness.

My province just announced an election THREE WEEKS before Election Day.
Yeah, so probably 80-90% of Americans would support this, and it would be great. But, there's literally no conceivable process for getting it done without getting 70%+ of Americans to make it their top issue for a few years, which would be laughably stupid on most of our parts given the state of our country. Of course, you know this, and you're just having a grand old time taunting the people who's values supposedly align with your own.

Thanks for the suggestion though, Clovis. Great posting!

Like, it's ****ing torture to be left of center in America right now. The right is trolling us for losing to Trump, and for Trump skating on the whole Russia thing, and celebrating our march toward authoritarianism while trolling us for likely watching our party **** up 2020 over it, which I suspect they will... then the "far-left" is trolling us for buying into the mainstream media's narrative of Trump-Russia, which at least a lot of the regs on this board were predicting would go somewhat in the realm of how it went, but that doesn't matter because we now all own everything Rachel Maddow ever said about it if we've ever turned on MSNBC or voted for an establishment Dem, so these jackasses who voted for Jill ****ing Stein, who by the way was also doing **** for Putin, are now going to troll us about it... which we know is just going to **** us up even more in 2020.

Then for the cherry on top, we get to have supposed liberals in other western countries trolling us over how bad our country is right now, too? No ****, Sherlock. We're aware.

You know what, Clovis? You want us to fix America? Well then vote for someone who wants to invade the US and annex New England and California, okay bud?
cuserounder is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 12:45 AM   #12390
cuserounder
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cuserounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,166
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky View Post
They will go beyond that even though they probably agree with you that it helps Trump get re elected. Because that is not their main goal. Their main goal, as it is for 90% of the human race, is to do what is in their personal interest. And they are concerned with not making themselves look foolish which they think they would if they let things go.
No, their main goal is to get re-elected themselves. That's what is in their personal interest.

I just think that a lot of them don't grasp the dueling realities in America right now, which is why doing too much on Trump-Russia is a colossal self-own... but without realizing that, it's their most likely path.

Also, for some of them in very blue districts, it's in their own personal best interest.
cuserounder is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 12:58 AM   #12391
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,234
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

i want to put my sklansky hat on for a second and propose that trump used some groundbreaking game theory on this obstruction thing. like he obviously committed obstruction of justice firing comey, but his strategy of not answering any questions under oath about it written or in person AND constantly attacking the special counsel/investigators painting them as the men who would steal all the angry rednecks' favorite president, like obviously stoking his fans to the point where one of them mailed a bunch of bombs to people.

and his hyper aggressive style which has never been tried before, i think, influenced mueller to decide not to subpoena the president and force a supreme court showdown, and to let trump off by having barr decide it's not obstruction. whether trump bluffed or really intended to start a civil war, mueller folded.

mason should put it in his book of gamblers throughout history. IF sklansky will agree to run the math on it
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 01:22 AM   #12392
David Sklansky
Administrator
 
David Sklansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,795
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminAsian View Post
i want to put my sklansky hat on for a second and propose that trump used some groundbreaking game theory on this obstruction thing. like he obviously committed obstruction of justice firing comey, but his strategy of not answering any questions under oath about it written or in person AND constantly attacking the special counsel/investigators painting them as the men who would steal all the angry rednecks' favorite president, like obviously stoking his fans to the point where one of them mailed a bunch of bombs to people.

and his hyper aggressive style which has never been tried before, i think, influenced mueller to decide not to subpoena the president and force a supreme court showdown, and to let trump off by having barr decide it's not obstruction. whether trump bluffed or really intended to start a civil war, mueller folded.

mason should put it in his book of gamblers throughout history. IF sklansky will agree to run the math on it

And I'll put my ScreaminAsian hat on and repeat what I wrote two years ago. Trump didn't collude for the same reason a pretty girl playing 1-2 limit wouldn't have actually colluded if you sat down next to her to make sure she would win. Why risk telling her what you were doing?
David Sklansky is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 01:31 AM   #12393
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

If it's what you say I love it.
batair is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 01:52 AM   #12394
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,234
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky View Post
And I'll put my ScreaminAsian hat on and repeat what I wrote two years ago. Trump didn't collude for the same reason a pretty girl playing 1-2 limit wouldn't have actually colluded if you sat down next to her to make sure she would win. Why risk telling her what you were doing?
I was talking about his reaction to the obstruction part
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:07 AM   #12395
Huehuecoyotl
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Huehuecoyotl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: It's hard to get by on a smile
Posts: 29,114
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Did the President fill out an actual March madness bracket? Or is this where the Repubs trying to own the libs is the only true sport that matters?
Huehuecoyotl is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:14 AM   #12396
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,234
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

He did a NASCAR bracket on AM christian radio in rural Arkansas
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:34 AM   #12397
TeflonDawg
Pooh-Bah
 
TeflonDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RetiredExtremelyDangerous
Posts: 5,533
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Onion.
TeflonDawg is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 02:39 AM   #12398
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Let’s start with the length of your elections. They are certifiably insane. Like completely nuts. Indefensibly so. They guarantee your political divisiveness.

My province just announced an election THREE WEEKS before Election Day.
We need the integrity of our vote protected long before this. Think dems should flip the script a little on reps and call for voter ID, and a paper ballot with receipt. Only all citizens get a free ID. Make Mitch block voter ID.
batair is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 03:40 AM   #12399
cuserounder
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cuserounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,166
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
We need the integrity of our vote protected long before this. Think dems should flip the script a little on reps and call for voter ID, and a paper ballot with receipt. Only all citizens get a free ID. Make Mitch block voter ID.
Now we're talking. Some of this is already in H.R. 1, along with a lot of other stuff toward similar ends, which passed the House 234-93 on March 8th. Mitch won't bring it up for a vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_th...le_Act_of_2019
cuserounder is offline  
Old 03-26-2019, 06:55 AM   #12400
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive