Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 12:41 AM   #10776
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
why a graph on grade inflation doesn't say 2.5gpas were easier to get back in the day.
Wow just wow.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 01:01 AM   #10777
fuluck414
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,245
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
No, I'm not.

Being dumb and not reading doesn't preclude someone from being able to get average grades. You're failing to grasp that college grades have never really been about intelligence, but more about how well you memorize material, and usually you can do that without attending classes regularly.

Quit saying people are wrong because you want to call Trump dumb (which isn't even what I disputed). It's tacky posting. Especially when Clovis cannot grasp why a graph on grade inflation doesn't say 2.5gpas were easier to get back in the day.
How do you suppose someone who doesn't attend classes and doesn't read would see the material in order to memorize it?
fuluck414 is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 03:04 AM   #10778
David Sklansky
Administrator
 
David Sklansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,810
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizy View Post
Trump definitely ****ed up the SATs or highschool GPA. He wouldn't have ended up at Fordham otherwise.

He must have done at least OKAY at Fordham to transfer to UPenn. How he did at UPenn... probably okay since whatever he did at Fordham (possibly cheating) would also transfer well to UPenn classes.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...olName=fordham
David Sklansky is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 03:12 AM   #10779
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,106
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

DS - you and Taleb should get into an IQ-waving contest some time. You both seem to enjoy the pastime immensely. I'd be on team DS for sure over Taleb.
suzzer99 is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 03:17 AM   #10780
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 14,609
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuluck414 View Post
How do you suppose someone who doesn't attend classes and doesn't read would see the material in order to memorize it?
Note sharing or selling is common place in unis and I would think that practice goes back a long time. Several of my professors actually just gave us notes for the entire semester and told us to come to class to highlight the stuff that would be on tests.

I'm not sure what to say if people itt think college now or then was so hard that getting a 2.5 gpa is beyond the laziest and dumbest people.
Paul D is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 03:25 AM   #10781
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
I'm not sure what to say if people itt think college now or then was so hard that getting a 2.5 gpa is beyond the laziest and dumbest people.
It IS beyond the laziest and dumbest people. That's what makes them the laziest and dumbest people. Your thesis seems to be if a really dumb and lazy person memorizes enough, his grades will be fine. Ok, sure, but the point is that he can't do that, because he is really dumb and lazy. If he were capable of doing that, then he would be either not that lazy or not that dumb.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #10782
David Sklansky
Administrator
 
David Sklansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,810
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
DS - you and Taleb should get into an IQ-waving contest some time. You both seem to enjoy the pastime immensely. I'd be on team DS for sure over Taleb.
I don't even have respect for IQ. To much pattern recognition and not enough thinking questions.
David Sklansky is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 03:50 AM   #10783
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 14,609
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
It IS beyond the laziest and dumbest people. That's what makes them the laziest and dumbest people. Your thesis seems to be if a really dumb and lazy person memorizes enough, his grades will be fine. Ok, sure, but the point is that he can't do that, because he is really dumb and lazy. If he were capable of doing that, then he would be either not that lazy or not that dumb.
You do realize there are people with legitimate cognitive disorders who can memorize information, right? You're making assertions without any weight behind them just because you hate Trump. I hate Trump too. But sayin even dumb fully functional addults cannot process and spew back information is pretty out there, dude.
Paul D is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #10784
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,895
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Trump is not now nor has he ever been intellectually curious. He has never demonstrated any sort of actual work ethic, be it start to finish or playing catch up.

He is demonstrably unintelligent. He clearly had almost no academic success at any level of school. Fred must have been hit up for substantial gifts on a quarterly basis.

People thinking trump was pulling in a 2.5 as an earned and deserved gpa are simply out there. Even with the massive grade inflation that has been rampant at Ivy League schools forever (because if they got accepted they must be smart).

Trump has fought tough and nail for decades to prevent anyone from seeing any of his academic transcripts at any level. This is extremely weird behavior. All the while he lied about things like being SCL even though we have seen the actual honors announcements from his classes and he was never on it.

I guess? People are trying to impune education but it comes across more like people are defending trump’s intelligence and/or work ethic. I certainly would take someone who has a strong work ethic and average intelligence over a lazy person with much greater intelligence (which is self hating). However Trumo is neither intelligent nor a hard worker. Pretty much no chance he EARNED average grades or better. The only way he had 2s or 2.5s is if Fred was dropping six figure thank you cards.
markksman is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #10785
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Shimmy Town
Posts: 8,823
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namath12 View Post
It's because of a memo some DOJ dude wrote back in the early 70s when they were trying to get rid of Spiro Agnew. That's it. No court has ruled one way or the other and there are plenty of legal braniacs out there who think it's bull****.

I mean can a sitting President rape a baby and it's fine because sitting President? No serious person can believe such a thing.
Grant was arrested for a traffic violation. Though he basically told the officer to arrest him lol.
StimAbuser is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 07:57 AM   #10786
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Trump has cheated on everything throughout his life why would people think he did not cheat his way through school.
batair is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #10787
uke_master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,595
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
No, I'm not.

Being dumb and not reading doesn't preclude someone from being able to get average grades. You're failing to grasp that college grades have never really been about intelligence, but more about how well you memorize material, and usually you can do that without attending classes regularly.

Quit saying people are wrong because you want to call Trump dumb (which isn't even what I disputed). It's tacky posting. Especially when Clovis cannot grasp why a graph on grade inflation doesn't say 2.5gpas were easier to get back in the day.
im responsible for about 2k students a year as a professor (math). The number that manage to get a B despite not attending class regularly is about zero. Itís not that it is impossible, itís that the people who donít come to class are highly correlated with not reading, working at all, etc. we have a system that flags non attending students and connects them with advisors etc for a reason. So ďpossibleĒ but not ďusualĒ
uke_master is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #10788
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,935
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
No, I'm not.

Being dumb and not reading doesn't preclude someone from being able to get average grades. You're failing to grasp that college grades have never really been about intelligence, but more about how well you memorize material, and usually you can do that without attending classes regularly.

Quit saying people are wrong because you want to call Trump dumb (which isn't even what I disputed). It's tacky posting. Especially when Clovis cannot grasp why a graph on grade inflation doesn't say 2.5gpas were easier to get back in the day.


But you are wrong.

Itís not that trump isnít smart. We know that.

Itís also he is historically lazy and wonít read anything.

He doesnít read books. He doesnít do homework. He spaces out after 3 minutes of any information source


How is this guy getting B/C in college classes when he wonít read and wonít put effort into anything.

Heís the president of the USA and wonít even read intelligence briefs.

Iím sure trump is just so natural good at the world he can just show up for class and not listen and do no work and get a 2.5

Come on man.


To your point. Sure YOU could do that and I could do that

But trump is in a class by himself.
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #10789
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,935
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Note sharing or selling is common place in unis and I would think that practice goes back a long time. Several of my professors actually just gave us notes for the entire semester and told us to come to class to highlight the stuff that would be on tests.



I'm not sure what to say if people itt think college now or then was so hard that getting a 2.5 gpa is beyond the laziest and dumbest people.


Ok. Trump bought some notes

Spoiler. He doesnít read them.
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:24 AM   #10790
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:26 AM   #10791
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #10792
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #10793
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #10794
uke_master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,595
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Am I the only one assumed that Fox and Friends sounds like the name of a children's show, which is entirely appropriate given how much trump watches it?
uke_master is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 08:56 AM   #10795
eyebooger

 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53,277
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realDonaldTrump View Post
It's almost time for this to replace "WITCH HUNT!" as Trump's undertitle.
eyebooger is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #10796
danspartan
Pooh-Bah
 
danspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,784
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Omg- he wants to charge countries that host US troops/bases BIGLY! I’m sure many of them will say buh-bye and happily let the US withdraw and lose influence and ability to project force in their region.

/derail on stupidity. Case closed.
danspartan is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #10797
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 14,609
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
Ok. Trump bought some notes

Spoiler. He doesnít read them.
I grew up with a mentally handicapped sister. I fully understand what normal functioning humans are capable of and what humans with actual physiological defects that prevent full brain power are not capable of them. Trump doesn't display the lowest IQ range of humans. He is literate at the very least. He had motivation (inheriting the family business) to at least pass in college. I don't think he is gifted like a certain red name thinks. I think Trump's stupid not because he doesn't have the capacity to learn, but because he rejects science and the willingness to learn, and he is probably either in early dementia or otherwise becoming senile.
Paul D is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #10798
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #10799
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

That no collusion speech by Manafort’s lawyer was obviously a plea for a pardon.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #10800
Namath12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 55,869
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
That no collusion speech by Manafortís lawyer was obviously a plea for a pardon.
If you haven't seen the footage, his lawyer worded that statement VERY carefully:

Quote:
ďMost importantly, what you saw today is the same thing that we have said from Day 1,Ē Mr. Downing, one of Mr. Manafortís lawyers, said in a short statement outside the courthouse. ďThere is absolutely no evidence that Paul Manafort was involved in any collusion with any government official or Russia.Ē
Namath12 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive