Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #7151
True North
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
True North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,705
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post
I have a feeling Chief's planet isn't going to have a problem with that tweet.
I’m guessing not, given this little gem from earlier today:

Spoiler:
True North is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #7152
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,258
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

inb4 Trump ties Trail of Tears to how Andrew Jackson could have prevented the Civil War (I have a feeling I will be horrified by any such tweet).
whosnext is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #7153
Strontium Dog
journeyman
 
Strontium Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 356
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO2.0 View Post
What kind of odds can I get on a Presidential tweet saying that “Pocahontas is on the WARPATH” within the next year?
Probably the same odds you'll get that he will cause a diplomatic incident by somehow insulting his hosts when meeting KJ-U.

I can see his first tweet of the day being something like "Goooood morning Vietnaaaaam"
Strontium Dog is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #7154
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Shimmy Town
Posts: 8,823
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North View Post
I’m guessing not, given this little gem from earlier today:
Not gonna lie that's hilarious
StimAbuser is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #7155
OmgGlutten!
Pooh-Bah
 
OmgGlutten!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5,263
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

obviously Trump was referencing the TRAIL of tears.
OmgGlutten! is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:16 PM   #7156
OmgGlutten!
Pooh-Bah
 
OmgGlutten!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5,263
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

identifying your race on some application when you are 1/32 that ethnicity is LOL but no i don't give a ****. All of this is pure identity politics. If Harris wins, Trump will blast her for having an affair with a married man and being a home wrecker.
OmgGlutten! is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #7157
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

The Democrats and the anti-Trump media are terrible at punching back at Trump. The response I've seen to the Pocahontas nonsense has been tut tut sir that is racist, which only serves to energize his base. At issue here is the supposed notion that Warren gained an unfair advantage. Why doesn't anyone bring up how Donald Trump failed in business repeatedly and was only kept afloat by his daddy bailing him out to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars? Or if the issue is pretending to be someone you're not, why not bring up how Donald Trump regularly called the press as "John Barron" to inflate his net worth and exaggerate his sex life. The correct play is to embarrass and expose rightwing "strongmen" for the limp dick losers they are.

Last edited by AllTheCheese; 02-09-2019 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Grammar.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #7158
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,266
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency


https://www.instagram.com/p/Btrg-_yl..._web_copy_link
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:51 PM   #7159
Hellmuth was right
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,819
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realDonaldTrump View Post
his approval rating probably just went up by 3% for this tweet
Hellmuth was right is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:03 PM   #7160
OmgGlutten!
Pooh-Bah
 
OmgGlutten!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5,263
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
The Democrats and the anti-Trump media are terrible at punching back at Trump. The response I've seen to the Pocahontas nonsense has been tut tut sir that is racist, which only serves to energize his base. At issue here is the supposed notion that Warren gained an unfair advantage. Why doesn't anyone bring up how Donald Trump failed in business repeatedly and was only kept afloat by his daddy bailing him out to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars? Or if the issue is pretending to be someone you're not, why not bring up how Donald Trump regularly called the press as "John Barron" to inflate his net worth and exaggerate his sex life. The correct play is to embarrass and expose rightwing "strongmen" for the limp dick losers they are.
When they go low, we go high.
OmgGlutten! is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #7161
fatkid
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fatkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ikesghanistan
Posts: 8,849
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Love you dad lol dead Indians is peak jr
fatkid is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #7162
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Chip off the old block with the word savage in there. So kind and honorable. Im sure when she speaks civilly to them they will change their ways.
batair is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:39 PM   #7163
Strontium Dog
journeyman
 
Strontium Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 356
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I see that the "Cultural War" is crossing the pond.

‘Hitler just wanted to make Germany great,’ Candace Owens of Trump-aligned TPUSA says in London

Candace Owens of Turning Point USA, speaking in London: "But if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine. The problem is that he wanted, he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize.”

Candace Owens is the mouthpiece of Turning Point USA, a political action group closely aligned with Donald Trump and supported by his MAGA fans.

Buzzfeed has more. Definitely read. This is about a Trump-aligned group of conservative nuts who want to export MAGA to the UK. They're working with white supremacists inside the UK who want the same



**** right off!
Strontium Dog is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:45 PM   #7164
smacc25
veteran
 
smacc25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Green Baize
Posts: 2,969
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strontium Dog View Post
I see that the "Cultural War" is crossing the pond.

‘Hitler just wanted to make Germany great,’ Candace Owens of Trump-aligned TPUSA says in London

Candace Owens of Turning Point USA, speaking in London: "But if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine. The problem is that he wanted, he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize.”

Candace Owens is the mouthpiece of Turning Point USA, a political action group closely aligned with Donald Trump and supported by his MAGA fans.

Buzzfeed has more. Definitely read. This is about a Trump-aligned group of conservative nuts who want to export MAGA to the UK. They're working with white supremacists inside the UK who want the same



**** right off!
smacc25 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #7165
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Candace Owens is a chud lunatic, but still, you can't omit the "if" from her statement in the headline. That is dishonest.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:55 PM   #7166
d10
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
d10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: I fly better than I drive
Posts: 7,477
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I mean it's even worse the way she actually said it. She's claiming Hitler would've been fine if he only wanted to exterminate the Jews within Germany, it was only the fact that he dared to impose his will on other countries that we should be upset about.
d10 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:01 AM   #7167
fuluck414
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,252
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I made the mistake of listening to Candace on Rogan years ago and she is a straight up loon.
fuluck414 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:05 AM   #7168
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by d10 View Post
I mean it's even worse the way she actually said it. She's claiming Hitler would've been fine if he only wanted to exterminate the Jews within Germany, it was only the fact that he dared to impose his will on other countries that we should be upset about.
Ehhh, I dunno. I think her intent was entirely to semantikes and say aha Hitler was actually a globalist (ala Abe Lincoln was actually a Republican or KKK were Democrats). She's 99.9% likely to be an anti-semite anyways - esp considering "globalism" is the worst thing to her - but I don't think she intended to say Hitler was making Germany great by killing the Jews.

There's a sort of tunnel vision a bunch of these "young cons" have, where they are just looking for some notational error or mistake in the third decimal place to pounce on, own the libs with some fact, but then they entirely miss the big picture.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:06 AM   #7169
smacc25
veteran
 
smacc25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Green Baize
Posts: 2,969
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuluck414 View Post
I made the mistake of listening to Candace on Rogan years ago and she is a straight up loon.
Try the Bari weiss JR podcast, it's good for a laugh seeing JR own her on Tulsi Gabbard + more.
smacc25 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #7170
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,904
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realDonaldTrump View Post
Your weird hair would be a prize scalp.
markksman is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:21 AM   #7171
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,904
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
The question is which foreign governments has the president NOT conspired with against US citizens?
markksman is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:23 AM   #7172
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,904
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realDonaldTrump View Post
[*FULL ****** MODE ACTIVATED*]
markksman is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:42 AM   #7173
d10
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
d10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: I fly better than I drive
Posts: 7,477
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
Ehhh, I dunno. I think her intent was entirely to semantikes and say aha Hitler was actually a globalist (ala Abe Lincoln was actually a Republican or KKK were Democrats). She's 99.9% likely to be an anti-semite anyways - esp considering "globalism" is the worst thing to her - but I don't think she intended to say Hitler was making Germany great by killing the Jews.

There's a sort of tunnel vision a bunch of these "young cons" have, where they are just looking for some notational error or mistake in the third decimal place to pounce on, own the libs with some fact, but then they entirely miss the big picture.
You should probably check it out again because it seems pretty clear to me that's not what she meant. Her entire argument was a defense of the term "nationalism" and an attack on "globalism" and she chose Hitler to illustrate her point. She laid out a very clear argument that Hitler would've been "OK" if he had ascribed to her definition of nationalism but was not OK because he was actually a globalist. And just in case someone might think "well maybe she means a hypothetical nationalist Hitler would have been focused on infrastructure week and avoided all that genocide" she goes on to talk about how it's important to be nationalist these days because of the declining birth rates, so no, she 100% just promoted Hitler's efforts to keep Germany Aryan.
d10 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:53 AM   #7174
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,121
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Trump: I wanna say campaign trail in reference to trail of tears, but I think no one will get. Oh, duh, ALL CAPS!
suzzer99 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 AM   #7175
Lawnmower Man
Pooh-Bah
 
Lawnmower Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,774
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post
Something is up with North Korea grifting-wise. With an ordinary Republican POTUS the most logical thing to thing would be there's a deal for NK to buy something like coal from the POTUS's cronies or for some US corps to be getting access to incredibly cheap NK labor (already a big thing for NK), but considering how stupid Trump is, it could be a hotel or golf course.
Russia
Lawnmower Man is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive