Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #5776
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
A clear-eyed conservative foreign policy wonk interested in discussing this article would credit the NATO Secretary for making some lemonade out of the bucket of **** dumped on him by Trump.

Pokerdox, do you also think Mattis was just unaware of this brilliant Trump strategy to strengthen our alliances that you claim worked brilliantly when Mattis resigned clearly and explicitly over a disagreement re: the importance of US alliances. That would have been pretty ****ing stupid of Mattis, I think.
No, I think Trump does some dumb ****, and Mattis resigning was a very bad sign.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Mattis resigned over NATO.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:13 PM   #5777
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,241
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerodox View Post
No, I think Trump does some dumb ****, and Mattis resigning was a very bad sign.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Mattis resigned over NATO.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/polit...doc/index.html
My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:14 PM   #5778
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,241
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

is it smart of trump to keep his secretary of defense out of the loop of his nato negotiating tactic?

to the point where mattis resigns in protest of trump's handling of america's allies & enemies and trump still keeps it a secret because that 100 bil will be all worth acting like putin's puppet for 3 years
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:19 PM   #5779
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

OK, SA, I'll take that as a statement that he resigned over NATO, even though his language was vague.

That just means Mattis and Stoltenberg disagree. I agree that Mattis's position tends to reduce the vigor of Trump's NATO success, but it can't wipe it out. I'll be curious to see what National Review or other conservative foreign policy sources say about Trump/NATO going forward.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:21 PM   #5780
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Trump is all over the place and probably extremely difficult and frustrating to work for.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #5781
fxwacgesvrhdtf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazo1985 View Post
What are the odds Nate Silver lurks this thread?
I mean, he used to post on 2+2 and some of his really early blogging work on 538 referenced 2+2, so itís possible.
 
Old 01-28-2019, 08:28 PM   #5782
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,241
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

i'm waiting for chris hayes to have a big "LOL DOCUMENTS" chyron on his show and i feel like it could happen any day now
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #5783
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

The senate is going to....

wait for it


...VOTE TO REPEAL THE ESTATE TAX LOLOLOLLLLL


Currently no tax on estates up to $22 million, btw.
Riverman is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:33 PM   #5784
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,854
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
The senate is going to....

wait for it


...VOTE TO REPEAL THE ESTATE TAX LOLOLOLLLLL


Currently no tax on estates up to $22 million, btw.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:35 PM   #5785
Johnny Truant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Johnny Truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Going Catabolic!
Posts: 8,059
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

What does that $100B convert to in Sklansky Bucks?
Johnny Truant is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #5786
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Should do wonders for blue collar economic anxiety!
Riverman is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:39 PM   #5787
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

*Garrison is fitting right in as a Soviet prop artist.
 
Old 01-28-2019, 08:41 PM   #5788
tomdemaine
Just tries harder
 
tomdemaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Social Justice Rogue
Posts: 20,071
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Those $50,000,000 mom and pop family farms will be safe at last.
tomdemaine is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #5789
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

“Estate tax doesn’t matter, rich people will always find a way around it.”

- Rich people, always

Weird
Riverman is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #5790
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,256
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Cmon. Perfectly understandable.

They gotta keep trying different ways of giving billions of dollars to rich people until some of it trickles down to regular folk!
whosnext is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:53 PM   #5791
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,857
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Rich people will use that money to invest and create jobs, as they did with the corporate tax cuts. Big win for the economy. Great!
LFS is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:55 PM   #5792
fxwacgesvrhdtf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Lol, what even is the point of this stunt? It clearly never passes the house, and it’s not like it’s going to get their base of white working class voters all jazzed up...
 
Old 01-28-2019, 08:57 PM   #5793
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Of course it plays to their base, the death tax has always been something the poors hated because, um, well, because liberals liked it.
kerowo is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 08:57 PM   #5794
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21,247
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
Lol, what even is the point of this stunt? It clearly never passes the house, and itís not like itís going to get their base of white working class voters all jazzed up...
same reason they passed a million repeal ocare bills, it won them elections.

eh, you'd be surprised how many of them think it hits them
wheatrich is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #5795
JoltinJake
Pooh-Bah
 
JoltinJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,237
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
Lol, what even is the point of this stunt? It clearly never passes the house, and it’s not like it’s going to get their base of white working class voters all jazzed up...
It's to fellate their donors. They know it won't pass and they know the base dgaf. It's a message to the rich donor class: we still work for you, please keep giving us money.
JoltinJake is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 09:07 PM   #5796
Namath12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 55,869
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Namath12 is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 09:17 PM   #5797
JoltinJake
Pooh-Bah
 
JoltinJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,237
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Of course it plays to their base, the death tax has always been something the poors hated because, um, well, because liberals liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatrich View Post
same reason they passed a million repeal ocare bills, it won them elections.

eh, you'd be surprised how many of them think it hits them
Nah, it's not this. Sure, there's a portion of the base that believes it, but that isn't the point. This isn't about animating the base. It's about appeasing the donors.

The base being utterly brainwashed on economic voodoo allows them to get away with it, but this is for the donors.
JoltinJake is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 09:20 PM   #5798
Namath12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 55,869
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

POS traitors

Namath12 is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 09:22 PM   #5799
Grue
Pooh-Bah
 
Grue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: https://unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 5,667
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

lol @ neither CNN or MSNBC carrying SHS's monthly lie fest btw.
Grue is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:00 PM   #5800
JohnEPark
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 598
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
Awval, I hope you know that when you stayed at the Trump hotel, Donald Trump thought "I took this chump's money because he's a loser and I'm a winner."
Might be ponied, but Trump is definitely on to something here.
JohnEPark is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive