Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #3276
LFS
emo gaylord
 
LFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Doing the deal
Posts: 21,857
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post

In-n-Out: pretty good ff, clean, employees genuinely seem happy, good prices, also very conservative owners I think but maybe not religious nutters.
I do not know about their politics, but much of their packaging is printed with references to bible verses FWIW.

Quote:
The soda cup bears the notation John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

The milkshake cup lists Proverbs 3:5: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

The water cup (no longer available to customers but we’re told is still used by employees) bears John 14:6: “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

The hamburger and cheeseburger wrappers point to Revelation 3:20: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

The wrap used for the “Double-Double” (two burger patties and two slices of cheese) lists Nahum 1:7: “The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.”

The French fry holder lists Proverbs 24:16: “For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity.”
Why is so much fast food successfully produced by the religious right? Could it be because they are very good at pretending something is super-wholesome when it really isn't?
LFS is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #3277
Kafja
adept
 
Kafja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 956
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

lukewarm take, possible FPS, not sure i actually believe this:

this doesn't make trump look bad. the entire political/media class sneering at the what a unseemly, déclassé oaf he is for serving fast food in the white house that normal people eat all the time, and enjoy, plays into all his and his supporters' rhetoric about that class's elitism, being out of touch with ordinary americans etc (which they are, obviously).
Kafja is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #3278
+rep_lol
El Guapo
 
+rep_lol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,721
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

ban
+rep_lol is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #3279
TrollyWantACracker
Pooh-Bah
 
TrollyWantACracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,082
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Feels like the national champions should at least get a trip to Joe's Crab Shack but ymmv.
TrollyWantACracker is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #3280
WichitaDM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,723
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I mean that's clearly what his handlers were going for. I think Trump is just stupid and loves fast food and so went for it.

The problem with your argument is that anyone who thinks McDonalds is remotely appropriate is too far gone to care about anyways.
WichitaDM is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #3281
+rep_lol
El Guapo
 
+rep_lol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,721
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

oh boy here we go with the 4D chess hawt takes, those rival big macs in how well they age
+rep_lol is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #3282
econophile
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
econophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: (X'X)^(-1)X'Y
Posts: 11,319
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

real or snl?

econophile is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #3283
TrollyWantACracker
Pooh-Bah
 
TrollyWantACracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,082
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Man I just had a vivid flashback to reading "The Music of Chance" 20 years ago. Haven't thought about that book in forever. Is there a 2+2 book club?
TrollyWantACracker is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #3284
dth123451
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15,501
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Almost certain In N Out is now 100% owned by like a 35 year old thrice divorced nitwit following a bunch of plane crashes and overdoses.
dth123451 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #3285
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuserounder View Post
Also, I think the consensus is that it was actually < 300 hamburgers because that's the first number he said, he inflated it to 1,000 the second or third time he talked about it.
My quick count of the McDonald's 2 for $5 stuff he served was about 160 items, and that's probably an overcount based on the Big Macs being stacks of 27 on the trays.
otatop is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #3286
Kafja
adept
 
Kafja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 956
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaDM View Post
I mean that's clearly what his handlers were going for. I think Trump is just stupid and loves fast food and so went for it.

The problem with your argument is that anyone who thinks McDonalds is remotely appropriate is too far gone to care about anyways.
yeah i'm not suggesting there's much actual thought behind it, President Big Boy loves his borgers so he bought a lot of borgers.

but there's just something that rubs me the wrong way about the howls of derision, from a certain class of people, that cheap food for poors is being served in the white house. that's not what they would say they're making fun of, but ultimately it is.
Kafja is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #3287
econophile
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
econophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: (X'X)^(-1)X'Y
Posts: 11,319
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

obv chic-fil-a would have been the better play. but even with mcdonald's he should have taken advantage of all day breakfast. mcgriddle >>> fillet-o-fish
econophile is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #3288
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,856
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafja View Post
yeah i'm not suggesting there's much actual thought behind it, President Big Boy loves his borgers so he bought a lot of borgers.

but there's just something that rubs me the wrong way about the howls of derision, from a certain class of people, that cheap food for poors is being served in the white house. that's not what they would say they're making fun of, but ultimately it is.
I don’t think it’s super classist here to mock an alleged billionaire boasting about serving MickeyD’s in the White House to indentured servants. Even rednecks know this is wildly inappropriate.
Trolly McTrollson is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #3289
WichitaDM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,723
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I think people are making fun of the fact that our president is bragging about serving McDonalds (which isn't even top 50 percentile FF ffs) at a championship dinner. It isn't because poors eat it.

Also the I HAD TO SERVE DONALDS BC CHUCK AND NAN SHUT THE GOVT. Down is unbelievably idiotic. He could have had anywhere to cater but instead literally picked McDonalds. Thats dumb and also probably part of him being a cheap POS. It isn't because poors eat it.

I mean i assume like 90 percent of Americans eat it at least once a year. It is cheap and fast. That's why they eat there. Serving it in the WH on silver and crowing about it is insane.
WichitaDM is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #3290
TrollyWantACracker
Pooh-Bah
 
TrollyWantACracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,082
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

TrollyWantACracker is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #3291
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Citizenship question on the census was rejected by SDNY, but only because it conflicted with another piece of legislation in an "arbitrary and capricious" way. 100% stone cold lock SCOTUS says asking about citizenship on the census is totally fine.
champstark is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #3292
prana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
prana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,516
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

About once a year I get a quarter pounder and if it’s hot and fresh it’s not bad for the first few bites but I always regret it by the time I’m done. They are so salty now compared to when I was younger. I’ll grab egg McMuffins also sometimes and while they are decent, 2 of them is most of your daily sodium recommendation.

A cold ass quarter pounder? Cold dominos? **** that.
prana is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #3293
StoppedRainingMen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StoppedRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GOATish measurables
Posts: 47,109
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

ive been staring at my phone keyboard for five minutes trying to figure out how hamberder is even possible as a **** up
StoppedRainingMen is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #3294
Kafja
adept
 
Kafja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 956
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

yeah i mean like i said initially, i'm not even sure i buy into my own take, so i'm not invested in arguing the point. it's just like, for a psychotic rich **** who has solid gold toilets, the fact that he loves to eat mcdonalds is literally the most normal, relatable thing about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaDM
He could have had anywhere to cater but instead literally picked McDonalds.

I mean i assume like 90 percent of Americans eat it at least once a year. It is cheap and fast.
i mean, yeah...this is my point???
Kafja is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #3295
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:38 AM   #3296
GTO2.0
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a.k.a MrOnizuka
Posts: 2,138
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollyWantACracker View Post
Does this guy have 1588 reviews in the style of Trump tweets? Cause that would be impressive
GTO2.0 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #3297
synth_floyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,929
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

McDonalds changed their meat recently. I used to hate the old meat but the new meat is alright. Wendy's and BK are better than McD though.
synth_floyd is online now  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #3298
DTD
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,286
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

In before Trump puts mustard on his burger to own the libs.
DTD is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #3299
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,935
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafja View Post
lukewarm take, possible FPS, not sure i actually believe this:

this doesn't make trump look bad. the entire political/media class sneering at the what a unseemly, déclassé oaf he is for serving fast food in the white house that normal people eat all the time, and enjoy, plays into all his and his supporters' rhetoric about that class's elitism, being out of touch with ordinary americans etc (which they are, obviously).


How many wedding have you gone to that served McDonald’s

The answer is zero.

This isn’t an elite/hillbilly thing


You go to the White House for a ceremonial dinner, you expect real ****ing food
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #3300
dth123451
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15,501
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

The nicest wedding I’ve ever been to brought in fast food at like 11:30pm for all the drunk ass people to eat, was awesome.

Actually agree than Donnie’s connection with the rubes is cultural - they can tell he’s a classless dope just like them.
dth123451 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive