Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #2626
+rep_lol
El Guapo
 
+rep_lol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,720
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

i mean that is just bad political strategy, toothless, and terribly naive but i dont think we need to roll tape again because you seem pretty entrenched in your fail
+rep_lol is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #2627
eyebooger

 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53,249
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazo1985 View Post
I know I said it before in the last thread and it had mixed reception but I truly hate McConnell even more than trump and think he is more evil. Trumps stupidity excuses some of his dumb **** but McConnell is the jackass smart enough to know better. He is smilingly accepting and endorsing Trump, party over country
He's way more evil.

It's difficult to think of a worse human being than Mitch McConnell.
eyebooger is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #2628
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by +rep_lol View Post
i mean that is just bad political strategy, toothless, and terribly naive but i dont think we need to roll tape again because you seem pretty entrenched in your fail
Getting a longstanding policy goal that saves thousands of families which couldn't be achieved with a Democratic Pres and both houses of Congress for 0.13% of the federal budget in additional border wall: EPIC FAIL.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:38 AM   #2629
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebooger View Post
He's way more evil.

It's difficult to think of a worse human being than Mitch McConnell.
Trump is plenty evil. The difference is McConnell is very competent.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #2630
+rep_lol
El Guapo
 
+rep_lol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,720
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
Getting a longstanding policy goal that saves thousands of families which couldn't be achieved with a Democratic Pres and both houses of Congress for 5 billion in additional border wall: EPIC FAIL.
yea pretty much, for several reasons

good thing nobody who is influencial or important in the D party shares your perspective
+rep_lol is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #2631
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by +rep_lol View Post
yea pretty much, for several reasons

good thing nobody who is influencial or important in the D party shares your perspective
I'm sure Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, the people who 6 months ago offered 25 billion dollars for a weaksauce DACA deal, would reject a DACA for 5 billion deal if offered now. lulz.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #2632
eyebooger

 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53,249
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Trump is plenty evil. The difference is McConnell is very competent.
Fair point.

Still hate McConnell way more.
eyebooger is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #2633
+rep_lol
El Guapo
 
+rep_lol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,720
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
I'm sure Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, the people who 6 months ago offered 25 billion dollars for a weaksauce DACA deal, would reject a DACA for 5 billion deal if offered now. lulz.
the whole dynamic is different now
+rep_lol is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #2634
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,934
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
Yes you ****ing moron. We already knew this from the start. That's why we wanted Democrats to use their LEVERAGE from a superior negotiating position to achieve a major policy goal they've wanted for literally over a decade in exchange for a trivial, almost purely symbolic token for the Republicans.


Counterpoint

Dems ask for DACA

Trump slams hand on desk says bye bye and storms out
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #2635
amead
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,471
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

The fact that forcing thousands of Americans to pack up all their ****, hop on a bus and send them back to some random place they've never been before is something that people feel is a chit that can be traded for money or a wall or whatever seems pretty ****ing sick to me.
amead is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #2636
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,806
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by +rep_lol View Post
the whole dynamic is different now
Yes, thats why the Rs are getting a worse deal now.
Trolly McTrollson is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #2637
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,934
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
DACA for 5B in wall is a slam dunk, shutdown or no shutdown. I can't say 100% that everybody arguing with you knew that the unpopularity of the shutdown was creating an opportunity to get this slam dunk deal, but that was the impression I got, and certainly I can quote my posts where I say this.


Also. Its not 5 billion

Its 5 billion RIGHT NOW and a lifetime of

We need more money for the wall because X stat

Forever and ever and ever


You cannot accept any proposal that includes border wall because it will become a thing for a century.
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #2638
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,934
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
I'm sure Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, the people who 6 months ago offered 25 billion dollars for a weaksauce DACA deal, would reject a DACA for 5 billion deal if offered now. lulz.


As rep said. Just take the L here

You are wrong in every conceivable way


Even if the Dems would do thisndeal. Trump is never making a deal that includes giving citizenship to 1,000,000 brown people.
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #2639
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I don't hate McConnell as much, because when he wins, it's like okay he's evil af but at least this guy put in the work and learned how to play the game. Trump's incompetent luckboxing and unearned ego puts me on way harder tilt. He has literally no good qualities while simultaneously believing he excels in every area. Just infuriating.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #2640
biggerboat
you're gonna need one
 
biggerboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paradise?
Posts: 46,769
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebooger View Post
Fair point.

Still hate McConnell way more.
Yeah, although trump is horrible, one could sort of think of his horribleness as some sort of disability and he just can't to anything other than what he does.. McConnell know what he is doing.
biggerboat is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #2641
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 11,907
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerboat View Post
Yeah, although trump is horrible, one could sort of think of his horribleness as some sort of disability and he just can't to anything other than what he does.. McConnell know what he is doing.
He's not disabled though. He's just an *******. He did learn things at one point. He used to read the NYT daily. Then he started watching garbage tv like FOX because it gave him better feels. He unlearned. He chooses to be stupid and to ignore facts even when they are presented to him. He's definitely a worse person than McConnell.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #2642
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,806
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Trolly McTrollson is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #2643
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
He's not disabled though. He's just an *******. He did learn things at one point. He used to read the NYT daily. Then he started watching garbage tv like FOX because it gave him better feels. He unlearned. He chooses to be stupid and to ignore facts even when they are presented to him. He's definitely a worse person than McConnell.
I’d snap bet against trump ever having read the paper. I’d take the under on 2.5 in terms of lifetime books read.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:34 AM   #2644
JonnyA
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,626
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Id snap bet against trump ever having read the paper. Id take the under on 2.5 in terms of lifetime books read.
He definitely read their articles on him.

I agree on the books - not sure he even read his own books.
JonnyA is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #2645
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,934
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Id snap bet against trump ever having read the paper. Id take the under on 2.5 in terms of lifetime books read.


Ill take the under 0.5
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #2646
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,934
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyA View Post
He definitely read their articles on him.



I agree on the books - not sure he even read his own books.


Reading 1 article =\= reading the times
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #2647
WichitaDM
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,721
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

You guys act like we don't already have a law passed by both parties funding border fencing. There is already 700 miles of border wall/fencing. Largely after that was done it was forgotten and forgotten to the point the fact we already had a border fencing bill passed in 2006 wasn't used by Trump or the right wing derposphere until the last month.

So the slippery slope argument you guys are making seems pretty fallacious.

If I had any faith we could get DACA or M4A passed in the next decade I would never ever consider a deal here. The wall, as you guys rightfully point out, is a racist stupid terminally expensive boondoggle. Maybe I am too pessimistic about the ability of Dems passing meaningful legislation. But that obviously stems from the fact they basically haven't passed any in my lifetime.
WichitaDM is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #2648
GermanGuy
veteran
 
GermanGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Overplaying top pair
Posts: 2,433
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheCheese View Post
He's not disabled though. He's just an *******. He did learn things at one point. He used to read the NYT daily. Then he started watching garbage tv like FOX because it gave him better feels. He unlearned. He chooses to be stupid and to ignore facts even when they are presented to him. He's definitely a worse person than McConnell.

I love how you guys argue about the qualities of taste of two piles of ****. They are just two different varieties of horrible. None of them is better than the other.
GermanGuy is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #2649
kre8tive
veteran
 
kre8tive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,082
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

kre8tive is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #2650
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,806
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Elijah Cummings and Maxine Waters do not play games and they are going to be amazing to watch when these hearings get underway.
Trolly McTrollson is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive