Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #226
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,383
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
Iím sure he cares about little kids dying.
I think he meant the real Americans getting murdered because no wall.
microbet is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #227
simplicitus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
simplicitus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting Schwifty
Posts: 10,849
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Top 10 streamed Frontline documentaries of 2018. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...documentaries/
simplicitus is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #228
thethethe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thethethe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,306
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Got to love the 'Coexist' sticker with the swastika in it on that car.
thethethe is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 12:51 PM   #229
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,463
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

One question I have reference sanctuary cities. The Turlock police officer killed by an illegal immigrant with a record. I hear on the media how they arrested him but let him go. Also he had previous convictions. I assume these were minor convictions such as impaired driving.
My question is why wouldn't you deport these individual citizens immediately and turn them over to border officials? I know as CDN if I have any type of conviction for impaired driving I cant vacation in the USA. Border agents will turn me away. misdemeanors also will impact me getting through customs.

I think what hurts the democrats is they have never laid out their border security plan.
lozen is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:01 PM   #230
NMcNasty
Pooh-Bah
 
NMcNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,995
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethe View Post
Got to love the 'Coexist' sticker with the swastika in it on that car.
Well itís annoying I was forced to stare at it for a few minutes. I get that the Star of David is replaced by a swastika, and it makes sense that the Christian cross remains, but the crescent moon of Islam also appears to be unchanged? Also the yinyang. Then I realized I didnít know what the e and i are anyway so had to look that up. Time well spent on the internet.
NMcNasty is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:02 PM   #231
Matty Lice
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,438
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I assume the courts are so overwhelmed with so much pot/drugs that once in a while guys like that slip through.

Last edited by Matty Lice; 12-31-2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: replying to lozen
Matty Lice is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:11 PM   #232
Koss
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Playing Recreationally
Posts: 5,743
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen View Post
One question I have reference sanctuary cities. The Turlock police officer killed by an illegal immigrant with a record. I hear on the media how they arrested him but let him go. Also he had previous convictions. I assume these were minor convictions such as impaired driving.
My question is why wouldn't you deport these individual citizens immediately and turn them over to border officials? I know as CDN if I have any type of conviction for impaired driving I cant vacation in the USA. Border agents will turn me away. misdemeanors also will impact me getting through customs.

I think what hurts the democrats is they have never laid out their border security plan.
What ICE wants is for local police to act as immigration officers whenever they come in to contact with someone. Arrest someone on suspicion of a crime but have no evidence to charge them? **** it, just deport them.

Police rely on cooperation from citizens to investigate serious crimes, but if they were to start acting like the gestapo they would lose any good will and get zero support from immigrant communities.

Non-citizens who commit crimes get deported at great frequency. No one is talking about protecting criminals. We just want our local law enforcement protecting communities from serious crimes, and focusing on immigration doesnt help, but can actually hurt the cause. But it sounds like the GOP has won the messaging war if you think dems support safe harbor of criminals.
Koss is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:12 PM   #233
SuperUberBob
Not interesting enough
 
SuperUberBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 48,295
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicitus View Post
Top 10 streamed Frontline documentaries of 2018. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...documentaries/
Was pretty disappointed with Frontline documentaries this year. They definitely suffered some budget cuts. First time I saw reused footage in documentaries from the same year.
SuperUberBob is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:15 PM   #234
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,241
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realDonaldTrump View Post
Oh great, now he's threatening to kill people if he doesn't get his wall
ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:19 PM   #235
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,383
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Immigration is a federal issue. Are the local cops supposed to refer everyone who doesn't have proof of legal citizenship/residency to ICE? Or will they just not worry about that if you're white and speak English? If there's a federal warrant or some kind of court order about a suspect that's one thing, but if not what do locals do: launch an investigation for federal crimes?

Thank goodness we don't yet have enough of a police state yet where that's even possible.
microbet is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:49 PM   #236
kre8tive
veteran
 
kre8tive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,098
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

kre8tive is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 02:15 PM   #237
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,934
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen View Post
One question I have reference sanctuary cities. The Turlock police officer killed by an illegal immigrant with a record. I hear on the media how they arrested him but let him go. Also he had previous convictions. I assume these were minor convictions such as impaired driving.
My question is why wouldn't you deport these individual citizens immediately and turn them over to border officials? I know as CDN if I have any type of conviction for impaired driving I cant vacation in the USA. Border agents will turn me away. misdemeanors also will impact me getting through customs.

I think what hurts the democrats is they have never laid out their border security plan.


What are your thoughts on the government killing two immigrant children last month?
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 02:32 PM   #238
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,463
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
What are your thoughts on the government killing two immigrant children last month?
I didn't say I agreed with Trump. Also I don't think the police should be used to round up illegal immigrants. I am just asking was the guy that killed the Turlock cop did he have multiple convictions? Or Even one. I think id someone has a conviction turning them over to be deported is reasonable.

As for the two children dying. The blame gets spread around but not on the parents. I get why all those folks flee the countries we live in. I think is disgusting that border agents would pour out water left for the Asylum Seekers .
lozen is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 03:25 PM   #239
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen View Post
I didn't say I agreed with Trump. Also I don't think the police should be used to round up illegal immigrants. I am just asking was the guy that killed the Turlock cop did he have multiple convictions? Or Even one. I think id someone has a conviction turning them over to be deported is reasonable.

As for the two children dying. The blame gets spread around but not on the parents. I get why all those folks flee the countries we live in. I think is disgusting that border agents would pour out water left for the Asylum Seekers .
Well, the kids lived for a few years with the parents, but ICE couldn't manage it for a few hours. The first kid is straight up murder, how do you not recognize the signs of dehydration when you work in the ****ing desert? How do you not offer people water when you catch them in the desert?
kerowo is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #240
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:04 PM   #241
realDonaldTrump
WITCH HUNT!
 
realDonaldTrump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Golfing at Mar-a-Lago
Posts: 2,921
realDonaldTrump is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:11 PM   #242
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,894
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

I know this is ongoing, but today I was just thinking, how can anyone support this raving lunatic in the Whitehouse. If someone took an outside perspective and watched this behavior and compared it to every other president it would stand out with shocking clarity as totally insane.

I can not wrap my head around why anyone would support this, so much so I start to question my own sanity. I have always been able to do a reasonable job of seeing others positions even if I disagree with them or even if I know they are wrong. But there is no there here.
markksman is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #243
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26,934
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Racism.
TheHip41 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #244
Adrianople
journeyman
 
Adrianople's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 269
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
I know this is ongoing, but today I was just thinking, how can anyone support this raving lunatic in the Whitehouse. If someone took an outside perspective and watched this behavior and compared it to every other president it would stand out with shocking clarity as totally insane.

I can not wrap my head around why anyone would support this, so much so I start to question my own sanity. I have always been able to do a reasonable job of seeing others positions even if I disagree with them or even if I know they are wrong. But there is no there here.
"I just want things to go back to the way they were in 1950. Everything was fine for me then and then it got all ****ed up."
Adrianople is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #245
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,241
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #246
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianople View Post
"I just want things to go back to the way they were in 1950. Everything was fine for me then and then it got all ****ed up."
This is basically the cis white man mantra.

People like Mason and David chant it daily.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #247
PoppaTMan
veteran
 
PoppaTMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,864
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
I know this is ongoing, but today I was just thinking, how can anyone support this raving lunatic in the Whitehouse. If someone took an outside perspective and watched this behavior and compared it to every other president it would stand out with shocking clarity as totally insane.

I can not wrap my head around why anyone would support this, so much so I start to question my own sanity. I have always been able to do a reasonable job of seeing others positions even if I disagree with them or even if I know they are wrong. But there is no there here.
Bolded is where your thinking goes wrong. By default, people take new information and integrate it into an existing model. To break down existing biases and reevaluate an idea like "Can an incompetent narcissist be elected POTUS and hold office for two years?" would require enormous mental energy for most adults. Confirmation bias makes it much easier to just believe each new iteration of Trump's finger pointing/victimization routine.
PoppaTMan is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #248
whosnext
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 6,256
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
Racism.
Racism.

Pent-Up Racism.

8 Years of Pent-Up Racism.

20 Years of Pent-Up Racism.

40 Years of Pent-Up Racism.

60 Years of Pent-Up Racism.
whosnext is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 05:19 PM   #249
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DO NOT CONGRATULATE
Posts: 33,241
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

ScreaminAsian is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 05:21 PM   #250
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,077
re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: State of Emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHip41 View Post
Racism.
See also: Why Trump Supporters Believe He Is Not Corrupt
well named is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive