Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #776
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
So, your saying that my stance on gun control trumps all four of the other issues? So, I have to support freedom in every issue or I don't support freedom at all?
Yes , that's exactly what I'm saying.

You support everyone doing things you like and not doing things you don't like. You happen to like *some* things that are compatible with freedoms.


But just some.
 
Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #777
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
The world doesn't work that way. People that have blanket beliefs for every issue are incredibly simple minded and ignorant people.
I mean, I know you don't get it but this describes you.

You have a blanket belief. Guns=bad.
 
Old 07-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #778
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
Therefore, I believe that I'm justified to complain that freedom is a joke in this country and we really aren't "free". And I'm not the cause of that problem.
That's cool, go ahead and complain, I don't think you are the cause.

Just a cheerleader.
 
Old 07-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #779
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Yes , that's exactly what I'm saying.

You support everyone doing things you like and not doing things you don't like. You happen to like *some* things that are compatible with freedoms.


But just some.
That's not true. I don't like prostitution, drugs or discrimination in the workplace. But I believe in the freedom in all of those things.

So, no, NOT TRUE.
Goodie is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #780
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
I mean, I know you don't get it but this describes you.

You have a blanket belief. Guns=bad.
I don't know if you understood what I meant by blanket belief. When I say that, what I mean is a belief that encompasses more than one issue. Like "I'm pro-freedom so I don't even think about each individual issue, I just always believe in the stance that gives the individual more freedom, regardless of the differences with each issue". That would be a blanket belief.

Gun control is just one issue.
Goodie is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #781
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Goodie changing the meaning to fit his tastes.
DblBarrelJ is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #782
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
Goodie changing the meaning to fit his tastes.
In what way?
Goodie is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #783
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
In what way?
Claiming guns are just one issue.
DblBarrelJ is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #784
JayTeeMe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JayTeeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The night shift
Posts: 29,193
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Yes , that's exactly what I'm saying.

You support everyone doing things you like and not doing things you don't like. You happen to like *some* things that are compatible with freedoms.


But just some.
What's wrong with this?
JayTeeMe is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #785
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
Claiming guns are just one issue.
Huh? I understand there are many aspects to that issue but for the purposes of what we're discussing in this thread, they are just one issue.
Goodie is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #786
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Well, that is the issue. It delves much deeper than that.

Based on that one issue, you've shown yourself to be against property rights, as well as against the Constitution of the US.

So you're now against gun ownership, certain property rights, and certain portions of the US Constitution.
DblBarrelJ is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #787
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
Well, that is the issue. It delves much deeper than that.

Based on that one issue, you've shown yourself to be against property rights, as well as against the Constitution of the US.

So you're now against gun ownership, certain property rights, and certain portions of the US Constitution.
The Constitution piece is not valid. It's part of the Gun ownership debate. It's the same issue.

You guys are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing, because it's me. The reason I brought up the other issues was to make a point that there are many issues that I'm pro-freedom. You have the right to choose what you would like to do with that information. But please don't try to argue the facts.
Goodie is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #788
DeucesAx
adept
 
DeucesAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaname2 View Post
I guess it's a good thing that the US invented free speech, political dissent, telecommunications and leisure time so you are thus able to spend your vacation pondering how bad you have it and badmouthing the greatest country on Earth on the internet. Would love to see you try that in Luxembourg.
Freedom of speech: rome or earlier
Political dissent: ancient greece
Telecommunication: germany
Leisure time: what the good life in greece was all about

What do you think happens if somebody badmouthes luxembourg?
DeucesAx is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #789
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTeeMe View Post
What's wrong with this?
In what sense? I mean, there's nothing "wrong" with it, it's basically the way almost every person in the whole world is. What's wrong is claiming that he's something he's not because he's not comfortable being honest about what he supports.
 
Old 07-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #790
JayTeeMe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JayTeeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The night shift
Posts: 29,193
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeucesAx View Post
Freedom of speech: rome or earlier
Political dissent: ancient greece
Telecommunication: germany
Leisure time: what the good life in greece was all about

What do you think happens if somebody badmouthes luxembourg?
I'm assuming the government sends guys with halberds to his house to arrest him
JayTeeMe is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #791
UthersGhost
adept
 
UthersGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 874
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

UthersGhost is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #792
2/325Falcon
Conehead
 
2/325Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 21,902
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Russian dildos are out of control.
2/325Falcon is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:02 AM   #793
UthersGhost
adept
 
UthersGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 874
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2/325Falcon View Post
Russian dildos are out of control.
yeah... it's tough getting the splinters out.
UthersGhost is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #794
AlexM
ignored
 
AlexM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hate cannot drive out hate
Posts: 20,655
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Need to get rid of this per capita BS.

Countries ranked by gross GDP:

1 United States 15,094,025
2 China 7,298,147
3 Japan 5,869,471
4 Germany 3,577,031
5 France 2,776,324
AlexM is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #795
AlexM
ignored
 
AlexM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hate cannot drive out hate
Posts: 20,655
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
Actually, not at all. I'm much more pro-freedom than you think. I think most drugs should be legal, prostitution should be legal, I think that employers should be able to hire and fire who ever the hell they want for whatever reason they want, I think gambling should be completely legal in all forms and without taxation. However, I do think that the government should regulate and control some things, one of which is gun ownership and I do think the "given people 20K to make themselves steril (THEIR choice)" is a great idea.
You're my hero.
AlexM is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #796
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
In what sense? I mean, there's nothing "wrong" with it, it's basically the way almost every person in the whole world is. What's wrong is claiming that he's something he's not because he's not comfortable being honest about what he supports.
What wasn't I honest about? You said that I only want Prostitution, Drugs, and discrimination in the workplace legal because it's things I like. You're completely and utterly wrong about that.

Who's not being honest?
Goodie is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #797
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
What wasn't I honest about? You said that I only want Prostitution, Drugs, and discrimination in the workplace legal because it's things I like. You're completely and utterly wrong about that.

Who's not being honest?
It doesn't have to be something you yourself would partake in to be something you like.
 
Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #798
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
It doesn't have to be something you yourself would partake in to be something you like.
Cool story, bro.

Let me try to be even more clear than I already have been. Maybe caps will help you understand.

I DON'T LIKE PROSTITUTION, DRUGS OR DISCRIMINATION IN THE WORKPLACE!!! IN FACT, I HATE DRUGS AND DISCRIMINATION. ABSOLUTELY HATE THEM BOTH.

Can you just admit you were wrong when you said I only want freedom for things I like?
Goodie is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #799
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
Cool story, bro.

Let me try to be even more clear than I already have been. Maybe caps will help you understand.

I DON'T LIKE PROSTITUTION, DRUGS OR DISCRIMINATION IN THE WORKPLACE!!! IN FACT, I HATE DRUGS AND DISCRIMINATION. ABSOLUTELY HATE THEM BOTH.

Can you just admit you were wrong when you said I only want freedom for things I like?
You like having freedom in those areas.

You don't like the idea of freedom in others.
 
Old 07-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #800
Goodie
Pooh-Bah
 
Goodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Section 315 Gillette Stadium
Posts: 5,694
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
You like having freedom in those areas.

You don't like the idea of freedom in others.
Ummm, Yeah. That's what I said. The first time. Like three pages ago.

What were you arguing about?
Goodie is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive