Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #601
rawkfanseth
adept
 
rawkfanseth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: not in your sisters bedroom
Posts: 935
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Grunching: The US is 38th in life expectancy, their health system ranks 37th by the WHO, and the human development index puts the US at number 4. I don't think the US is number 1 overall.
rawkfanseth is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #602
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,806
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Let's not even get started on cricket. Man, baseball is boring as f***, but cricket takes monotony to a whole other level.
Trolly McTrollson is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #603
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

DblBarrelJ is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #604
vhawk01
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vhawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: GHoFFANMWYD
Posts: 31,866
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.F.K.1.1 View Post
America only exists because some gingers we did not want anymore had to find somewhere to hang out. Lol great. Gingers no friends go find a new continent can never be great.
Too mean
vhawk01 is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #605
dessin d'enfant
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.F.K.1.1 View Post
Lol Yanks, your only real contribution to intellectual life (in term of something a European cant do better) is misses.org. LOOOOOOOOOOL.
I would have gone with arxiv.org and mathoverflow...
 
Old 06-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #606
vhawk01
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vhawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: GHoFFANMWYD
Posts: 31,866
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Beer conversation is a joke, there is tons of good American beers. Why WOULDNT there be? So many craft breweries, marketing to so many various niches, what possible reason can you have for suggesting that somehow English beers are just fundamentally better? They have some magic water or magic malt or something that we just dont have access to? For every "great" English beer there is very likely a clone made by some small brewery in the US.

Yes, IPAs are quite popular these days (and I have no idea how you can think Hopslam sucks, its soooo good) but nonetheless, MOST beers are not IPAs. There is plenty to choose from.

If your argument is something like "American beers are all bad, because they are all marketed for the tastes of Americans, and those are all bad" then basically your entire argument boils down to "I have weird tastes and no one makes a beer exactly for me. Except England." Sucks, i guesS?
vhawk01 is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #607
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 24,594
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhawk01 View Post
Beer conversation is a joke, there is tons of good American beers. Why WOULDNT there be? So many craft breweries, marketing to so many various niches, what possible reason can you have for suggesting that somehow English beers are just fundamentally better? They have some magic water or magic malt or something that we just dont have access to? For every "great" English beer there is very likely a clone made by some small brewery in the US.

Yes, IPAs are quite popular these days (and I have no idea how you can think Hopslam sucks, its soooo good) but nonetheless, MOST beers are not IPAs. There is plenty to choose from.

If your argument is something like "American beers are all bad, because they are all marketed for the tastes of Americans, and those are all bad" then basically your entire argument boils down to "I have weird tastes and no one makes a beer exactly for me. Except England." Sucks, i guesS?
This discussion is as fruitless as trying to explain colour to a man who has only ever seen in monochrome. Your whole argument is basically but grey is great and that blue,red,yellow stuff you say is so great is like just your opinion man.

American craft beers all suffer from horrible fancy play syndrome, and have no understanding of less is more. I have not tried Hopslam, so I googled it. From their website:

Quote:
Starting with six different hop varietals added to the brew kettle & culminating with a massive dry-hop addition of Simcoe hops, Bell's Hopslam Ale possesses the most complex hopping schedule in the Bell's repertoire.
Typical. American craft beers are typically confused and like the snotty nosed ginger teenager trying to prove his worth in front of his more suave confident assured and infinitely more mature betters, trying much much much to hard and consequently failing.

Calodonian Duechars IPA (Best Cask Ale at the Brewing Industry International Awards in 2005.) uses 2 malts and would never engage in the self indulgent frappery that has gone into Hopslam.

http://www.caledonianbeer.com/deuchars.htm

Spoiler:
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #608
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,806
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

I don't get the "ginger" thing. They don't have redheads in the UK or something?
Trolly McTrollson is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #609
Happy_Fish
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Happy_Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Here for the WW
Posts: 7,497
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

They must still be bitter about Ireland.
Happy_Fish is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #610
JayTeeMe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JayTeeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The night shift
Posts: 29,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
Grunching: The US is number 1 overall.
Fyp
JayTeeMe is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #611
Money2Burn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Misreading your post.
Posts: 12,634
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Vhawk confirmed ginger?
Money2Burn is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #612
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2Burn View Post
Vhawk confirmed ginger?
old news
 
Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #613
Money2Burn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Misreading your post.
Posts: 12,634
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Oh
Money2Burn is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #614
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 24,594
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
I don't get the "ginger" thing. They don't have redheads in the UK or something?
LD ****ing O.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #615
Pummi81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pummi81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 6,654
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
So basically, everyone in Finland?
Basically, yeah.
Self-interested, %-wise I dunno but the majority of us, for sure
Priviledged, ~98%+ (but just 'cos our social security system (+ "free" education) rocks)
White, ~95%+

Last edited by Pummi81; 06-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Pummi81 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #616
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 24,594
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #617
Andz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Andz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Behind God's back
Posts: 8,420
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Since the start of the war around two thousand Amerikan soldiers have died in Afghanistan. 5k people have died in Chicago beacuse of gun wounds in the same period of time. Amerikan dreams lol......
Andz is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #618
cres
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,337
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

but those Mericans were killed by real Mericans, in Amerika. Can't let the dirty sand people take a greater number of Merican lives. USA USA USA
cres is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #619
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andz View Post
Since the start of the war around two thousand Amerikan soldiers have died in Afghanistan. 5k people have died in Chicago beacuse of gun wounds in the same period of time. Amerikan dreams lol......
Quote:
Originally Posted by cres View Post
but those Mericans were killed by real Mericans, in Amerika. Can't let the dirty sand people take a greater number of Merican lives. USA USA USA


That's right Sheep People
DblBarrelJ is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #620
JayTeeMe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JayTeeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The night shift
Posts: 29,193
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2Burn View Post
Vhawk confirmed ginger?
Why do you think he's so smart? While the rest of you were outside enjoying the summer days he was inside cowering from the sun reading books.
JayTeeMe is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #621
Case Closed
self-banned
 
Case Closed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: pooping my big boy pants
Posts: 19,112
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.F.K.1.1 View Post
This discussion is as fruitless as trying to explain colour to a man who has only ever seen in monochrome. Your whole argument is basically but grey is great and that blue,red,yellow stuff you say is so great is like just your opinion man.

American craft beers all suffer from horrible fancy play syndrome, and have no understanding of less is more. I have not tried Hopslam, so I googled it. From their website:



Typical. American craft beers are typically confused and like the snotty nosed ginger teenager trying to prove his worth in front of his more suave confident assured and infinitely more mature betters, trying much much much to hard and consequently failing.

Calodonian Duechars IPA (Best Cask Ale at the Brewing Industry International Awards in 2005.) uses 2 malts and would never engage in the self indulgent frappery that has gone into Hopslam.

http://www.caledonianbeer.com/deuchars.htm

Spoiler:
lol, delusional brit is delusional. god save the queen and all that nonsense.
Case Closed is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #622
kurto
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kurto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: in your heart
Posts: 17,634
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

I know this isn't on the level of beer but... Hershey's chocolate (what I think of as the typical american chocolate) sucks.
kurto is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #623
vhawk01
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vhawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: GHoFFANMWYD
Posts: 31,866
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.F.K.1.1 View Post
This discussion is as fruitless as trying to explain colour to a man who has only ever seen in monochrome. Your whole argument is basically but grey is great and that blue,red,yellow stuff you say is so great is like just your opinion man.

American craft beers all suffer from horrible fancy play syndrome, and have no understanding of less is more. I have not tried Hopslam, so I googled it. From their website:



Typical. American craft beers are typically confused and like the snotty nosed ginger teenager trying to prove his worth in front of his more suave confident assured and infinitely more mature betters, trying much much much to hard and consequently failing.

Calodonian Duechars IPA (Best Cask Ale at the Brewing Industry International Awards in 2005.) uses 2 malts and would never engage in the self indulgent frappery that has gone into Hopslam.

http://www.caledonianbeer.com/deuchars.htm

Spoiler:
But...you are the one saying "all I need is grey, all these darn Americans with their rainbow of colors, get off my lawn."

Last edited by vhawk01; 06-18-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: gingers dont pick up on sarcasm much
vhawk01 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #624
vhawk01
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vhawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: GHoFFANMWYD
Posts: 31,866
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTeeMe View Post
Why do you think he's so smart? While the rest of you were outside enjoying the summer days he was inside cowering from the sun reading books.
Correct.
vhawk01 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #625
O.A.F.K.1.1
Ted Patrick
 
O.A.F.K.1.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep Coma
Posts: 24,594
Re: Nationalism: Do You Actually Think America is Better Than Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhawk01 View Post
But...you are the one saying "all I need is grey, all these darn Americans with their rainbow of colors, get off my lawn."
Sarcasm aside, I took what I thought was a valid criticism of many (not all) of the yank craft beers I have tasted and ran it through the steelhouseifier 2000 for the purposes of this thread. One thing that I will say is that the consistency with which beer is kept well at point of sale is better in USA. It tilts me how many pubs in the UK dont keep beer well. Clean the ****ing pipes you lazy ****s.
O.A.F.K.1.1 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive