Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 01:28 AM   #201
Dr. Strangelove
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,463
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Tom Collins
Dr. Strangelove is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #202
Jim Jones
stranger
 
Jim Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Guyana
Posts: 3
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinHand View Post
Woah! I'm listening to the Jonestown death tape right now.
I wouldn't drink that ****!
Don't be afraid my child, we are justh moving on to another place.
Jim Jones is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #203
RollinHand
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollinHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,382
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Hahahah wow!!
RollinHand is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #204
renodoc
Casino Olympics Champion
 
renodoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The old guy always has it.
Posts: 8,357
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

this thread rocks.

please extend the voting another week.
renodoc is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:13 AM   #205
leprous_hand
unclean
 
leprous_hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: General Snus
Posts: 16,249
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
Don't be afraid my child, we are justh moving on to another place.
leprous_hand is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #206
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

This may not be the appropriate thread to discuss this, but:

What on earth is with all the crying about Nielsio and running to the nanny mods to get him/keep him banned? So he's a douchebag, ignore him. So he derails threads - hate the people who argue incessantly with him, it takes more than just 1 person to derail a thread you know. I know virtually nothing about him, but I've enjoyed his recent posts and would like to see his opinions expressed in the Politics forum - until I ignore him, that is. But seriously, I've only spent about a month in here and mainly lurk and I've seen a whole lot of douchey, hyperbole, kooky tards, and I wouldn't ban them either. Nielsio is like Howard Stern to me, and TomCollins (respect btw for your last post, only using your name cause you're the most recent) and others campaigning against him are like the soccer moms writing angry letters to the FCC instead of CHANGING THE DAMN STATION. This is the Politics forum, not The Lounge. There are rules here yes, but this excessive hyperbole thing seems to have been made up just to get rid of Nielsio.

I won't lie - I've been against mods ever since Mat started adding them. I virtually stopped posting when they were implemented - maybe for the better of the strategy and OOT forums 2+2 is a private company and free to do whatever it thinks will further its profit, but IIRC mods were brought in because Mat couldn't keep up with all the horse porn and spam. And that's all mods should do IMO - delete spam and horse porn. I think Wookie is doing an excellent job with this forum at the moment, but everyone has their own idea on What's Best For The Forum.

I almost got on a tangent about how mods, specifically King Mod, have run off some of the best players and most respected posters on this forum... So I'll just end with a quick eulogy for Clarkmeister, majorkong, and Ulysses - 3 men who taught me more about poker than I deserved, and with whom King Mod had his way.

Errmmm, my point of bringing MM into this kind of got lost in the editing, but IMO the abuse of modship from the top on down has lead many great posters to severely limit or cease posting all together. If this isn't going to be a public forum, just go ahead and make it a paysite already, and use the proceeds to hire these guys back.

Free Nielsio and stick to horse porn and spam.

Last edited by Brian.; 07-22-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Brian. is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #207
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Who is King Mod? And Clarkmeister is most definitely still around.

FWIW I agree that the problem with Nielsio is at least much the fault of everyone else as it is him. The posters of this forum seemed incapable of resisting debate from a dissenting opinion and rather than group ignore him relied on mods to take action. The mods essentially are saving the posters from themselves. Never seen a group on the internet so easily trolled as the regulars of this forum.
tuq is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #208
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Who is King Mod? And Clarkmeister is most definitely still around.
Mason, and unless Clarky changed his name, I've only seen him post sporadically and usually in Sports ever since Mason tempbanned him. But you do live on here so I will bow to your superior knowledge.
Brian. is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 AM   #209
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Oh. The irony of you complaining about mods and referencing Clark in the same post is that he is a mod and has enacted a very strict code of conduct in the sports forum and is not at all afraid to drop the banhammer.
tuq is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:52 AM   #210
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Oh. The irony of you complaining about mods and referencing Clark in the same post is that he is a mod and has enacted a very strict code of conduct in the sports forum and is not at all afraid to drop the banhammer.
Hah. Nice. Obviously I don't have the full story on every detail of 2+2. I'm sure El Diablo is mod of his own forum too and... Oh and he probably still posts under some pseudonym that I'm not aware of.

This is just how it looks to an outsider. I'm sure everything makes sense once your name is nice and shiny and green.

BTW didn't mean to make this a personal attack on all you mods, just wanted to talk about Nielsio then I wasn't able to control myself.
Brian. is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 AM   #211
slickss
old hand
 
slickss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,653
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

nielsio/vhawk01
slickss is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:48 AM   #212
AlexM
ignored
 
AlexM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hate cannot drive out hate
Posts: 20,655
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Never seen a group on the internet so easily trolled as the regulars of this forum.
It's true of every politics forum. It has nothing to do with "the group" and everything to do with the nature of online political discussion. Since other people's political opinions often seem outrageous and/or insane, it's often impossible to tell if someone's serious or not.
AlexM is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #213
The 13th 4postle
banned
 
The 13th 4postle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wookie can't handle the truth!!
Posts: 11,244
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Official Vote Count

PVN/Borodog
16

Nielsio/Vhawk1
5
The 13th 4postle is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #214
Nielsio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23,400
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This may not be the appropriate thread to discuss this, but:

What on earth is with all the crying about Nielsio and running to the nanny mods to get him/keep him banned? So he's a douchebag, ignore him. So he derails threads - hate the people who argue incessantly with him, it takes more than just 1 person to derail a thread you know. I know virtually nothing about him, but I've enjoyed his recent posts and would like to see his opinions expressed in the Politics forum - until I ignore him, that is. But seriously, I've only spent about a month in here and mainly lurk and I've seen a whole lot of douchey, hyperbole, kooky tards, and I wouldn't ban them either. Nielsio is like Howard Stern to me, and TomCollins (respect btw for your last post, only using your name cause you're the most recent) and others campaigning against him are like the soccer moms writing angry letters to the FCC instead of CHANGING THE DAMN STATION. This is the Politics forum, not The Lounge. There are rules here yes, but this excessive hyperbole thing seems to have been made up just to get rid of Nielsio.

I won't lie - I've been against mods ever since Mat started adding them. I virtually stopped posting when they were implemented - maybe for the better of the strategy and OOT forums 2+2 is a private company and free to do whatever it thinks will further its profit, but IIRC mods were brought in because Mat couldn't keep up with all the horse porn and spam. And that's all mods should do IMO - delete spam and horse porn. I think Wookie is doing an excellent job with this forum at the moment, but everyone has their own idea on What's Best For The Forum.

I almost got on a tangent about how mods, specifically King Mod, have run off some of the best players and most respected posters on this forum... So I'll just end with a quick eulogy for Clarkmeister, majorkong, and Ulysses - 3 men who taught me more about poker than I deserved, and with whom King Mod had his way.

Errmmm, my point of bringing MM into this kind of got lost in the editing, but IMO the abuse of modship from the top on down has lead many great posters to severely limit or cease posting all together. If this isn't going to be a public forum, just go ahead and make it a paysite already, and use the proceeds to hire these guys back.

Free Nielsio and stick to horse porn and spam.

It's this kind of stuff that will make anarchy happen.



I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire
Nielsio is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #215
InTheDark
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Better moderated forum
Posts: 2,037
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
This vote is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 13th 4postle View Post
Official Vote Count

PVN/Borodog
16

Nielsio/Vhawk1
5
And maybe 35 for TomCollins/tuq
InTheDark is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #216
The 13th 4postle
banned
 
The 13th 4postle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wookie can't handle the truth!!
Posts: 11,244
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

I want more Hot Chicks!!!
The 13th 4postle is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #217
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

pvn
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #218
The 13th 4postle
banned
 
The 13th 4postle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wookie can't handle the truth!!
Posts: 11,244
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This may not be the appropriate thread to discuss this, but:

What on earth is with all the crying about Nielsio and running to the nanny mods to get him/keep him banned? So he's a douchebag, ignore him. So he derails threads - hate the people who argue incessantly with him, it takes more than just 1 person to derail a thread you know. I know virtually nothing about him, but I've enjoyed his recent posts and would like to see his opinions expressed in the Politics forum - until I ignore him, that is. But seriously, I've only spent about a month in here and mainly lurk and I've seen a whole lot of douchey, hyperbole, kooky tards, and I wouldn't ban them either. Nielsio is like Howard Stern to me, and TomCollins (respect btw for your last post, only using your name cause you're the most recent) and others campaigning against him are like the soccer moms writing angry letters to the FCC instead of CHANGING THE DAMN STATION. This is the Politics forum, not The Lounge. There are rules here yes, but this excessive hyperbole thing seems to have been made up just to get rid of Nielsio.

I won't lie - I've been against mods ever since Mat started adding them. I virtually stopped posting when they were implemented - maybe for the better of the strategy and OOT forums 2+2 is a private company and free to do whatever it thinks will further its profit, but IIRC mods were brought in because Mat couldn't keep up with all the horse porn and spam. And that's all mods should do IMO - delete spam and horse porn. I think Wookie is doing an excellent job with this forum at the moment, but everyone has their own idea on What's Best For The Forum.

I almost got on a tangent about how mods, specifically King Mod, have run off some of the best players and most respected posters on this forum... So I'll just end with a quick eulogy for Clarkmeister, majorkong, and Ulysses - 3 men who taught me more about poker than I deserved, and with whom King Mod had his way.

Errmmm, my point of bringing MM into this kind of got lost in the editing, but IMO the abuse of modship from the top on down has lead many great posters to severely limit or cease posting all together. If this isn't going to be a public forum, just go ahead and make it a paysite already, and use the proceeds to hire these guys back.

Free Nielsio and stick to horse porn and spam.
The 13th 4postle is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #219
Nielsio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23,400
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Nielsio is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #220
InTheDark
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Better moderated forum
Posts: 2,037
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This may not be the appropriate thread to discuss this, but:

What on earth is with all the crying about Nielsio and running to the nanny mods to get him/keep him banned? So he's a douchebag, ignore him. So he derails threads - hate the people who argue incessantly with him, it takes more than just 1 person to derail a thread you know. I know virtually nothing about him, but I've enjoyed his recent posts and would like to see his opinions expressed in the Politics forum - until I ignore him, that is. But seriously, I've only spent about a month in here and mainly lurk and I've seen a whole lot of douchey, hyperbole, kooky tards, and I wouldn't ban them either. Nielsio is like Howard Stern to me, and TomCollins (respect btw for your last post, only using your name cause you're the most recent) and others campaigning against him are like the soccer moms writing angry letters to the FCC instead of CHANGING THE DAMN STATION. This is the Politics forum, not The Lounge. There are rules here yes, but this excessive hyperbole thing seems to have been made up just to get rid of Nielsio.

I won't lie - I've been against mods ever since Mat started adding them. I virtually stopped posting when they were implemented - maybe for the better of the strategy and OOT forums 2+2 is a private company and free to do whatever it thinks will further its profit, but IIRC mods were brought in because Mat couldn't keep up with all the horse porn and spam. And that's all mods should do IMO - delete spam and horse porn. I think Wookie is doing an excellent job with this forum at the moment, but everyone has their own idea on What's Best For The Forum.

I almost got on a tangent about how mods, specifically King Mod, have run off some of the best players and most respected posters on this forum... So I'll just end with a quick eulogy for Clarkmeister, majorkong, and Ulysses - 3 men who taught me more about poker than I deserved, and with whom King Mod had his way.

Errmmm, my point of bringing MM into this kind of got lost in the editing, but IMO the abuse of modship from the top on down has lead many great posters to severely limit or cease posting all together. If this isn't going to be a public forum, just go ahead and make it a paysite already, and use the proceeds to hire these guys back.

Free Nielsio and stick to horse porn and spam.
It strikes me as an example of the smallest amount of power ever to go to one's head. The job self-selects for the wrong type, just like political office. Those that would do it well won't touch it.
InTheDark is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #221
pvn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Uh, when does voting end?
 
Old 07-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #222
Nielsio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23,400
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Uh, when does voting end?

When the fat lady sings.
Nielsio is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #223
NeBlis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NeBlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Just a little southeast of Nome
Posts: 12,039
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

NeBlis is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #224
The 13th 4postle
banned
 
The 13th 4postle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wookie can't handle the truth!!
Posts: 11,244
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

lol I was talking with Nielsio about politics and I disagreed with him on some political issue and Nielsio told me to never contact him again unless I change my mind.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
The 13th 4postle is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #225
vhawk01
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
vhawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: GHoFFANMWYD
Posts: 31,866
Re: King of the Politards: Finals: PVN/Borodog Vs. Nielsio/Vhawk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
vhawk is asexual to me, but I've seen pvn and borodog - this will truly mark a highlight in both their lives.
I'm sort of a smooth, roundish blob with no openings or protuberances.
vhawk01 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive