Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 01:51 AM   #151
Harold Reynolds
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 455
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

We don't know that the cop fired the taser.
Harold Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:51 AM   #152
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,388
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM155 View Post
Javi,

You make "Cop fired gun" sound so casual.

What you really mean is Cop fired gun 8x before suspect fell and died. Not just 3 or 4 feet away. Not even 5 or 10 feet away. But this far away.

It is a legit 50 feet away.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I already said it was roughly 50 ft away. What I see is the time it took to draw his weapon, and an area ripe with obstacles/cover should the victim suddenly decide to stop running and engage the police. I already linked to one video of a cop shooting where precisely this happened. Criminal was told to stop, and instead fled the scene, then stopped fleeing and decided it was time to start shooting.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:52 AM   #153
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,388
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Reynolds View Post
We don't know that the cop fired the taser.
We do because one of the probes is seen hanging from the victims clothing.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:53 AM   #154
[Phill]
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
[Phill]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 52,513
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

I would take the cops side in the right bet. How many javis do I need on the jury for an acquittal?

Betting on American cops (real or self appointed rent a cops) getting away with shooting an unarmed black civilian seems like a money printing opportunity right now.
[Phill] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:53 AM   #155
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
My retarded premise? What premise have I even made? All I have said is that the taser isnt a plant. The premise here is that it is, of which nobody has offered any kind of explanation for whatsoever. They just saw the cop move it and pull a scripted response from their archive of hollywood storytelling and say "PLANT! PLANT! PLANT!"
Right. As opposed to the cop being scared the guy was going to turn James Bond as he's running away, turn 180 degrees, pull out the golden gun and shoot him between the eyes as he fell backwards on the grass.

Bro, just stop.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:56 AM   #156
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
We do because one of the probes is seen hanging from the victims clothing.
and wtf is your point? i never accepted 'the plant' thing anyway. outside of all that, this is obvious murder.

even if the guy punched the cop in the face and ran away. even if he kicked him in the nuts, spit in his face, called him a honky, and said he'd rape his daughter, then ran away.

it's still murder.

hey racist cop apologist, why is the guys own lawyer running away from him?

it sounds like he could use you on his defense team.
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:56 AM   #157
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,388
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundingTheUnder View Post
javi is one of two things. a racist cop-blower, or a complete ****ing dumb-ass.
I understand and sympathize with your need to insult me and not the argument. It's hard for some people to remain objective right now so I'll give all personal attacks a free pass.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:57 AM   #158
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I already said it was roughly 50 ft away. What I see is the time it took to draw his weapon, and an area ripe with obstacles/cover should the victim suddenly decide to stop running and engage the police. I already linked to one video of a cop shooting where precisely this happened. Criminal was told to stop, and instead fled the scene, then stopped fleeing and decided it was time to start shooting.
What the **** does some guy in a youtube video have to do with this?

You are offering new evidence that doesn't exist to support your argument.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:58 AM   #159
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Phill] View Post
I would take the cops side in the right bet. How many javis do I need on the jury for an acquittal?

Betting on American cops (real or self appointed rent a cops) getting away with shooting an unarmed black civilian seems like a money printing opportunity right now.
i'm laying 3/1 on any amount. your 3k gets you gets you 9k.

my only concern about losing would be from a sweetheart deal.

no ****ing way you can get 9 javi's in one jury (or how many ever people are on a jury).
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:59 AM   #160
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Phill] View Post
I would take the cops side in the right bet. How many javis do I need on the jury for an acquittal?

Betting on American cops (real or self appointed rent a cops) getting away with shooting an unarmed black civilian seems like a money printing opportunity right now.
See, this is the scary thing. You just need one Javi in SC to be on the jury and the cop walks free.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:59 AM   #161
MyrnaFTW
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MyrnaFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,502
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Phill] View Post
I would take the cops side in the right bet. How many javis do I need on the jury for an acquittal?

Betting on American cops (real or self appointed rent a cops) getting away with shooting an unarmed black civilian seems like a money printing opportunity right now.
Look. If this guy is acquitted , it will not be pretty right after this , in fact , I can sense this is what will set things off
MyrnaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:59 AM   #162
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,388
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundingTheUnder View Post
and wtf is your point? i never accepted 'the plant' thing anyway. outside of all that, this is obvious murder.
If he wanted to murder him he would have used his firearm first and not the taser.


Quote:
hey racist cop apologist, why is the guys own lawyer running away from him?
Because he knows he's going to lose, and it seems like in hindsight the cop realizes he ****ed up and falsified his report and this particular lawyer no longer wanted to help him. Obviously he's going to get some lawyer who will stick with him, so what then?
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:00 AM   #163
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Ok everybody, I want to hear what your reasoning is behind planting his own taser.
He radioed to dispatch that the dude had taken his taser. If his taser is 40 yds from where the guy is dead, that story isn't gonna make much sense.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:01 AM   #164
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,388
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM155 View Post
What the **** does some guy in a youtube video have to do with this?

You are offering new evidence that doesn't exist to support your argument.
It shows that cops have a legitimate reason to fear for their life even when someone is running away. The entire premise of the murder angle here is that "the cop should not have been in fear for his life" because you are assuming that some guy running away cant suddenly shoot back. I just proved this false, and gave reason to why the cop in fact could be in fear for his life under this scenario.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:02 AM   #165
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrnaFTW View Post
Look. If this guy is acquitted , it will not be pretty right after this , in fact , I can sense this is what will set things off
I don't know man, it's South Carolina. I think people will just be like "LOL South Carolina." like they are "LOL Florida." Racist stuff happening in racist states doesn't surprise anyone. It needs to happen in a state where this would be a complete shock.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:03 AM   #166
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
It shows that cops have a legitimate reason to fear for their life even when someone is running away. The entire premise of the murder angle here is that "the cop should not have been in fear for his life" because you are assuming that some guy running away cant suddenly shoot back. I just proved this false, and gave reason to why the cop in fact could be in fear for his life under this scenario.
Sorry but this is bull****. You just want to justify the cop shooting him.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #167
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,388
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM155 View Post
See, this is the scary thing. You just need one Javi in SC to be on the jury and the cop walks free.
Our justice system is designed to be impartial. It sounds like you wouldnt even give him a trial. I mean you have already proven he is guilty right?
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #168
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
It shows that cops have a legitimate reason to fear for their life even when someone is running away. The entire premise of the murder angle here is that "the cop should not have been in fear for his life" because you are assuming that some guy running away cant suddenly shoot back. I just proved this false, and gave reason to why the cop in fact could be in fear for his life under this scenario.
Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

They can't kill someone fleeing unless he poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. Clearly that guy wasn't a significant threat.

Last edited by ALLTheCookies; 04-08-2015 at 02:23 AM.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #169
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Because he knows he's going to lose, and it seems like in hindsight the cop realizes he ****ed up and falsified his report and this particular lawyer no longer wanted to help him. Obviously he's going to get some lawyer who will stick with him, so what then?
So you admit the cop committed murder and lied about it. Yet you decide to play devil's advocate. GTFO.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:07 AM   #170
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTheCookies View Post
They can't kill someone fleeing unless he poses a significant threat and clearly that guy wasn't a significant threat.

Well, to be fair, Javi probably thinks the suspect being black is probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:10 AM   #171
JWM155
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Our justice system is designed to be impartial. It sounds like you wouldnt even give him a trial. I mean you have already proven he is guilty right?
Proven? No, I haven't proven anything. I'm not a lawyer.

I did however see the videotape of this ****bag cop killing an unarmed black man running away from him. So if I were on the jury and saw this videotape, then yes, I'd find him guilty.

If it makes you feel better, I'd make sure the videotape was not altered and is what really happened. But LOL @ you for not thinking this is murder.
JWM155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 AM   #172
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,388
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTheCookies View Post
He radioed to dispatch that the dude had taken his taser. If his taser is 40 yds from where the guy is dead, that story isn't gonna make much sense.
But what about the afid tags being 40 yards from where he is dead? The cop's defense is that the victim was hit with a taser, then took the taser and ran? The victim being next to a taser serves no forensic advantage to the crime scene. Given the hastiness of the execution I dont even think the cop would really feel the need to plant evidence, he clearly felt pretty justified in the shooting at the time and did so with backup as a witness. Unless these cops have a history together him planting evidence in front of fellow law enforcement is a pretty bold move.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:13 AM   #173
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
It shows that cops have a legitimate reason to fear for their life even when someone is running away. The entire premise of the murder angle here is that "the cop should not have been in fear for his life" because you are assuming that some guy running away cant suddenly shoot back. I just proved this false, and gave reason to why the cop in fact could be in fear for his life under this scenario.
luckily for us, "could be", isn't justification.

you are so far out of line here. over-estimate your intelligence much?

what makes you think you could take this position w/o being verbally *****-slapped?
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:14 AM   #174
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
But what about the afid tags being 40 yards from where he is dead? The cop's defense is that the victim was hit with a taser, then took the taser and ran? The victim being next to a taser serves no forensic advantage to the crime scene. Given the hastiness of the execution I dont even think the cop would really feel the need to plant evidence, he clearly felt pretty justified in the shooting at the time and did so with backup as a witness. Unless these cops have a history together him planting evidence in front of fellow law enforcement is a pretty bold move.
****-off guy. enough already. you can't shoot someone in the back on "maybe's"
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:15 AM   #175
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
But what about the afid tags being 40 yards from where he is dead? The cop's defense is that the victim was hit with a taser, then took the taser and ran? The victim being next to a taser serves no forensic advantage to the crime scene. Given the hastiness of the execution I dont even think the cop would really feel the need to plant evidence, he clearly felt pretty justified in the shooting at the time and did so with backup as a witness. Unless these cops have a history together him planting evidence in front of fellow law enforcement is a pretty bold move.
Did you watch the whole video? The 2nd cop isnt there when he moves the taser. He shows up about a minute after the guy is shot. The video and dispatch audio confirm this.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online