Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #501
Nielsio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23,400
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVaut1 View Post
Pretty sure one of his requirements (actually, only requirement) was "not written by a white supremacist".

Nothing you've written even attempts to back up this claim, so I suggest you retract it.
Nielsio is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #502
VayaConDios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VayaConDios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hi, I got a tape I want to play you
Posts: 15,855
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsio View Post
Nothing you've written even attempts to back up this claim, so I suggest you retract it.
lol
VayaConDios is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #503
General Tsao
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
General Tsao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: trembling in fear of tomdemaine
Posts: 30,586
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsio View Post
Nothing you've written even attempts to back up this claim, so I suggest you retract it.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by VayaConDios View Post
lol
and this
General Tsao is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #504
gobbomom
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gobbomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: gobboville
Posts: 7,263
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdemaine View Post
From LOL thought it'd be good here

Obama swears

http://www.aprilwinchell.com/?s=obama


I think this will be all the daily show needs for the next few years

http://www.aprilwinchell.com/media/a...OMPLICATED.mp3

I heard those on WLS last week and missed the backstory. Thanks for posting the source, pretty funny.
gobbomom is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #505
DVaut1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DVaut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 30,028
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsio View Post
Nothing you've written even attempts to back up this claim, so I suggest you retract it.
I think I already walked it back and said it's overly glib. DiLorenzo is guilty of associating with white supremacists. I admit he's done nothing to suggest he is one, outside of associate with them.
DVaut1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #506
VayaConDios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VayaConDios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hi, I got a tape I want to play you
Posts: 15,855
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

DiLorenzo voluntarily supports and associates with racists in an organization whose stated goals are overtly racist. The only thing that he can fairly be called is a racist.
VayaConDios is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #507
valenzuela
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
valenzuela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bust period
Posts: 28,057
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

thats like saying a catholic is homophobic. Ok there is a minor correlation but its not fair to call a church going catholic a homophobic.
valenzuela is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #508
ScottySo
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,910
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by VayaConDios View Post
DiLorenzo voluntarily supports and associates with racists in an organization whose stated goals are overtly racist. The only thing that he can fairly be called is a racist.
where are these goals stated exactly? from their website I just see this.

Quote:
Q: What is the goal of the LS?
A: To advance the cultural, social, economic, and political well-being and independence of the Southern people by all honourable means.
and this

Quote:
Q: What is the LS position regarding blacks in the South?
A: The LS disavows a spirit of malice and extends an offer of good will and cooperation to Southern blacks in areas where we can work together as Christians to make life better for all people in the South. We affirm that, while historically the interests of Southern blacks and whites have been in part antagonistic, true Constitutional government would provide protection to all law-abiding citizens — not just to government-sponsored victim groups.
ScottySo is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #509
SL__72
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SL__72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 16,485
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Probably talking more about this part:
Quote:
Q:Why does the LS seek to protect the Anglo-Celtic core population and culture of the historic South?
A: The Anglo-Celtic peoples settled the South and gave it its dominate culture and civilisation. We believe that the advancement of Anglo-Celtic culture and civilisation is vital in order to preserve our region as we know it. Should this core be destroyed or displaced the South would be made over in an alien image — unfamiliar and inhospitable to our children and grandchildren. We, as Anglo-Celtic Southerners, have a duty to protect that which our ancestors bequeathed to us. If we do not promote our interests then no one will do it for us.
SL__72 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #510
Borodog
Enemy of the State
 
Borodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I Didn't Vote, Bitch
Posts: 25,491
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVaut1 View Post
I think I already walked it back and said it's overly glib. DiLorenzo is guilty of associating with white supremacists. I admit he's done nothing to suggest he is one, outside of associate with them.
Please produce some evidence of Tom DiLorenzo "associating" with white supremacists. A hatchet job by a far left "civil rights" (as long as those civil rights aren't property rights) legal foundation that contains many leading spliced snippets of quotes, but only one questionable complete quote by a single man that to my knowledge DiLorenzo has never even met, much less "associated with", will not cut it.
Borodog is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #511
ALawPoker
Pooh-Bah
 
ALawPoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,269
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Thomas DiLorenzo launched his truthiness campaign from the living room of a known white supremacist imo.
ALawPoker is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #512
DVaut1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DVaut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 30,028
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
Please produce some evidence of Tom DiLorenzo "associating" with white supremacists.
lol, wtf

http://www.lsinstitute.org/:



Quote:
A hatchet job by a far left "civil rights" (as long as those civil rights aren't property rights) legal foundation that contains many leading spliced snippets of quotes, but only one questionable complete quote by a single man that to my knowledge DiLorenzo has never even met, much less "associated with", will not cut it.
As if those spliced quotes were taken out of a context that would suddenly make them defensible? It's not as Hill even bothers to defend the quotes when they're attributed to them, he just gets indignant about the manner they were collected:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/league/league2.html

Quote:
Beirich provided racially charged e-mail messages intercepted from Hill. One repeatedly refers to blacks as "negroes," and another condemns interracial marriage, saying Southerners should "intermarry with their own kind." "Let us not flinch when our enemies call us racists," reads another message. "Rather, just reply with, 'So, what's your point?'''

Hill confirmed writing the messages, but said the SPLC was "not honorable" when it copied them from a private mailing list.
Quote:
but only one questionable complete quote by a single man that to my knowledge DiLorenzo has never even met, much less "associated with"
How the **** can I prove they've met -- and does it matter? DiLorenzo works for his organization -- I think we can assume he does so because they generally share a worldview -- that's usually why people work at a think tank. Like I said, I don't know what DiLorenzo thinks, but clearly the two guys are associated.

FWIW, DiLorenzo's mug is on TV alot, he's big on the lecture circuit, I'd guess they've probably met but I couldn't prove it. I'm not even sure why meeting should be the standard -- being affiliated with Hill's organization is far more damning than just shaking hands with the guy imo.
DVaut1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #513
Borodog
Enemy of the State
 
Borodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I Didn't Vote, Bitch
Posts: 25,491
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

I'm going to say one more thing about the subject, and then I'm going to stop feeding the trolls.

The idea that people who have spent their entire careers writing tens of thousands of pages propounding human freedom and individualism are really secretly collectivists who want to subjugate large segments of humanity is ****ing ridiculous.
Borodog is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #514
DVaut1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DVaut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 30,028
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
The idea that people who have spent their entire careers writing tens of thousands of pages propounding human freedom and individualism are really secretly collectivists who want to subjugate large segments of humanity is ****ing ridiculous.
Lots of people seemingly have no problem reconciling their "love of freedom and individualism" and white supremacy. I'd guess there are plenty of white supremacists who don't find the two mutually exclusive. Whether DiLorenzo wants to "subjugate" blacks, merely hate them from afar but doesn't want the government to harass them, or has nothing against blacks at all, it's entirely possible his books would read exactly the same regardless of how he felt about blacks.

So no, I don't think it's all ridiculous. Clearly overt racism is politically untenable, hence why guys like Hill take to private email lists to rail against miscegenation and call people n******s while his organization's website proclaims a love for equality under the law, so we shouldn't expect every tome written by a white supremacist to read like the Turner Diaries.

Last edited by DVaut1; 02-17-2009 at 03:41 PM.
DVaut1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #515
General Tsao
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
General Tsao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: trembling in fear of tomdemaine
Posts: 30,586
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

anywhooooooo
General Tsao is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #516
VayaConDios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VayaConDios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hi, I got a tape I want to play you
Posts: 15,855
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***



QF lollibrulprofessoraments
VayaConDios is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #517
Borodog
Enemy of the State
 
Borodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I Didn't Vote, Bitch
Posts: 25,491
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

DVaut1,

I have to hand it to you. You are extremely good at what you do.

By the way, I happen to personally know closet might-be white supremacists like Ron Paul and Tom DiLorenzo. I read their books! My wife works for one! I suppose you could say I associate with them. I guess that means that I too could be a white supremacist. Of course, you won't find anything overtly like that in anything I've written, after all such public statements would be inconvenient. Not that you would strongly claim that I'm a white supremacist, mind you, but after all, I do associate with people who associate with people, and the reason that you associate with people is generally that you share a mindset with them, right?

Yes, you are quite a piece of . . . work.
Borodog is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #518
General Tsao
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
General Tsao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: trembling in fear of tomdemaine
Posts: 30,586
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

ANYWHOOOOO
General Tsao is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #519
Nielsio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23,400
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

I associate with the Mises Institute (I give them money, I publicize their works, with the support of Lew and other senior fellows), but the president of it is a Christian. Therefore, I must be a Christian. Nevermind thousands of posts and videos I made to the contrary.

And hey, DiLorenzo associates with the Mises Institute, and I associate with them too. Therefore, I must be a white supremacist!

Or maybe there is some other reason we are all in this boat. Mmmm, what could it be... what could it be.....
Nielsio is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #520
DVaut1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DVaut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 30,028
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
By the way, I happen to personally know closet might-be white supremacists like Ron Paul and Tom DiLorenzo. I read their books! My wife works for one! I suppose you could say I associate with them. I guess that means that I too could be a white supremacist. Of course, you won't find anything overtly like that in anything I've written, after all such public statements would be inconvenient. Not that you would strongly claim that I'm a white supremacist, mind you, but after all, I do associate with people who associate with people, and the reason that you associate with people is generally that you share a mindset with them, right?
I've read Thomas DiLorenzo too. That doesn't make me a white supremacist, I don't think. I suppose you could say you associate with them, because you read their books, therefore we're both white supremacists, but that's a pretty specious "association".

If you or I literally were affiliated with a white supremacist's think tank, though, I think that's a wholly different class of association, and yes, would indicate a stronger likelihood of being a white supremacist yourself. And yes, I think the reason you generally would join/do academic work for an organization like The League of the South is because you share a mindset with them.

You can correctly note that nothing he's written is overtly racist, sure. And that would decrease the likilhood DiLorenzo is a white supremacist, true enough. I'm not sure I've argued differently.
DVaut1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #521
NeBlis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NeBlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Just a little southeast of Nome
Posts: 12,039
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

YOUR SNARKY CONTENTZ NEEDS TO GTFO MY LC THREADZ YO!!!
NeBlis is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #522
valenzuela
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
valenzuela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bust period
Posts: 28,057
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
I associate with the Mises Institute (I give them money, I publicize their works, with the support of Lew and other senior fellows), but the president of it is a Christian. Therefore, I must be a Christian. Nevermind thousands of posts and videos I made to the contrary.

And hey, DiLorenzo associates with the Mises Institute, and I associate with them too. Therefore, I must be a white supremacist!

Or maybe there is some other reason we are all in this boat. Mmmm, what could it be... what could it be.....
Even though you hvae never said anything christaian you associate with christians, so that obviosly means you are a christian.
valenzuela is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #523
valenzuela
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
valenzuela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bust period
Posts: 28,057
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
If you or I literally were affiliated with a white supremacist's think tank,
It doesnt seem to me the think tank is white supremacist, far right wing? yes but the think tank is not explicitily a white supremacist think tank even though many white surpremacist associate with it.
I think we have some kinda bayes theorem going on here.
What percentage of the people that are part of the south league or whatever its name are racist?
What percentage of people who have never said anything racist and write about economic and social freedom are racists?
valenzuela is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #524
Borodog
Enemy of the State
 
Borodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I Didn't Vote, Bitch
Posts: 25,491
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

DVaut1,

I give money to the Ludwig von Mises Institute (a think tank) every month, of which Tom DiLorenzo is an adjunct scholar, the president of which is the infamous Lew Rockwell, suspected author of the even more infamous NEWSLETTAHS, whom I also know personally. So apparently that "indicates a stronger likelihood of being a white supremacist" on my part, yes?
Borodog is offline  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #525
DVaut1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DVaut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 30,028
Re: ***February Low Content Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenzuela View Post
It doesnt seem to me the think tank is white supremacist, far right wing? yes but the think tank is not explicitily a white supremacist think tank even though many white surpremacist associate with it.
From the League of the South website, quoted above:

Quote:
Q:Why does the LS seek to protect the Anglo-Celtic core population and culture of the historic South?
A: The Anglo-Celtic peoples settled the South and gave it its dominate culture and civilisation. We believe that the advancement of Anglo-Celtic culture and civilisation is vital in order to preserve our region as we know it. Should this core be destroyed or displaced the South would be made over in an alien image — unfamiliar and inhospitable to our children and grandchildren. We, as Anglo-Celtic Southerners, have a duty to protect that which our ancestors bequeathed to us. If we do not promote our interests then no one will do it for us.
Does the quote qualify as explicitly white supremacist? I think it's close.
DVaut1 is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive