Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #226
billybathgate
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdvantage View Post
What problems do u have with RightAngle Sports? They win .
First, Ras doesn't bet anything on his picks. If he bets its few hundred dollars. Two, he is a tout who sells his picks. He had one decent year many ears ago but since then he has been ****. His records are padded with worthless second half bets and totals where the limit is around $500 or less even in big books like pinnacle. This guy picks before the market settles and when the limit is around $500 and still struggles to win. He is more of a marketer than handicapper. Beating college basketball and football in small conference, small market game is not that hard yet he still needs to pad them with unbettable 2nd half bets and totals. He never picks on larger markets with big limits, so putting him in the list of biggest bettors is a joke. He did a good job marketing just like that scammer vegas dave going on few low level affiliate tv of espn, nbc to get exposure and people fall for it. Don't pay for picks. There are so many free sources out there if you do you do your research. But if you must pay, stick to services like Bettingresource that picks on games once the market is established on big market games with high limits. Bettingresource's free facebook picks has much better yield than RAS's free picks over the last 2 years and these picks are on large and established markets where followers can get the posted line without a problem.
billybathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:43 PM   #227
MrAdvantage
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a Lannister always pays his debts
Posts: 2,953
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybathgate View Post
First, Ras doesn't bet anything on his picks. If he bets its few hundred dollars. Two, he is a tout who sells his picks. He had one decent year many ears ago but since then he has been ****. His records are padded with worthless second half bets and totals where the limit is around $500 or less even in big books like pinnacle. This guy picks before the market settles and when the limit is around $500 and still struggles to win. He is more of a marketer than handicapper. Beating college basketball and football in small conference, small market game is not that hard yet he still needs to pad them with unbettable 2nd half bets and totals. He never picks on larger markets with big limits, so putting him in the list of biggest bettors is a joke. He did a good job marketing just like that scammer vegas dave going on few low level affiliate tv of espn, nbc to get exposure and people fall for it. Don't pay for picks. There are so many free sources out there if you do you do your research. But if you must pay, stick to services like Bettingresource that picks on games once the market is established on big market games with high limits. Bettingresource's free facebook picks has much better yield than RAS's free picks over the last 2 years and these picks are on large and established markets where followers can get the posted line without a problem.
The world would be a better place if your dad had just pulled out .
MrAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #228
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 352
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

HAHA! +1
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #229
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 352
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

What an abysmal paragraph that was
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:18 PM   #230
Sally Utley
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 46
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenus View Post
No conversation about the top sports bettors is complete without mentioning Steve Fenic aka Steve Fezzik. The guy won the Hilton five times, including twice back to back, and our own Daliman can confirm he absolutely crushes the books. He quite literally bankrupted several Nevada casinos on his own!
Besides 2008-2009 what other years did he win it?
Sally Utley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #231
SublettingProblems
centurion
 
SublettingProblems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 167
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

The reference to Fezzik was most likely sarcasm.
SublettingProblems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #232
lotuspod2
adept
 
lotuspod2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 834
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGangi View Post
Mihkel, put up or shut up. Thanks.
He can't, he's better than everyone else and can find fault in pretty much anything. I stopped taking that clown even halfway seriously when he was trashing poker players (on 2p2 of all places lol) when nobody had even brought them up. Idk what would cause a person to be constantly full of angst and negativity like that, blows my mind kinda tbh.

I might not speak/write much, but i read...a lot. And try to learn from anywhere I can, but with him there's barely any substance. Thanks to many of you others though, there's still some good info here for anyone trying to gain small edges here and there.
lotuspod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #233
MrAdvantage
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a Lannister always pays his debts
Posts: 2,953
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Utley View Post
Besides 2008-2009 what other years did he win it?
That depends on wheather one considers dumpster diving for match plays winning.
MrAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #234
fannypack
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 18
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotuspod2 View Post
He can't, he's better than everyone else and can find fault in pretty much anything. I stopped taking that clown even halfway seriously when he was trashing poker players (on 2p2 of all places lol) when nobody had even brought them up. Idk what would cause a person to be constantly full of angst and negativity like that, blows my mind kinda tbh.
poker players woat confirmed
fannypack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #235
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 352
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Honestly what is with poker players. Every one of their posts looks like that. Is every single one of them 14?
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #236
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 352
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

And I refuse to live in a world where we accept 'tbh' in place of to be honest
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #237
Mihkel05
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,835
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Ed,

Saw you were recruiting people for a private group. Don't see it on your site. Whats up with that?

You stop just focusing on college sports to tout preseason NFL and WNBA?
Mihkel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:45 PM   #238
billybathgate
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Isn't Ed the guy who runs RAS? He is here? I am guessing its its MrAdvantage?

RAS would send their clients to slaughter house if they attempt NFL or any big market games. These guys struggle to beat sides in college basketball and football. They haven't really won anything since that big year almost a decade ago. Since then its all padded results with small market college basketball 2nd half bets and totals that are useless forclients, especially when they release the picks early even before the limitsare raised. By the time clients get the these small games line is off be 2 to 3 points. Even without the line move they haven't really won anything. They are good at college basketball totals and maybe 2nd half bets but in these markets even in big books like pinnacle the limits are under $1000.

I guess they will have to try something like a private group to tout other sports since most of their old clients will not be returning if they continue what they have been doing the past few years.
billybathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #239
RightAngle
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 147
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Hate replying to the bettingresource shill, but others have wrongly suggested that we do not win at sides, with one going as far as to say we "lose badly" at $5000 limit stuff.

CBB full game sides last year 67-61 (52.3%)
CBB full game sides last 8 years 702-579 (54.8%)

CFB full game sides last year 8-5 (61.5%)
CFB full game sides last 8 years 104-86 (54.7%)

We do much better on totals, as should be expected, but contrary to some opinions here, we've demonstrated a long term edge on sides as well. We've had losing years on sides, but have never "lost badly" on them over a reasonable sample size.

Also in response to the questioning of our motives for higher volume last year, you have to realize that our offerings on the service have changed significantly from year to year. Last year's CBB was the first time ever that we did full game sides, full game totals, 2h sides, and 2h totals from start to finish in a season. We had 450 or more plays three different years without any 2nd half plays, so getting to 529 plays with 176 second half plays last year was not unusually high volume at all.
RightAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #240
Mihkel05
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,835
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Eight years is a really interesting timeframe. What about since Mike left?
Mihkel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #241
Sabaneta
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,055
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Ed, no offense, but your basketball service cost around $10,000 last year. You going to charge $100,000 this year?
Sabaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #242
lvr
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,885
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

8-5 lol

but the one with a reasonable sample size is 52%

big winner there boyos
lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #243
billybathgate
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAngle View Post
Hate replying to the bettingresource shill, but others have wrongly suggested that we do not win at sides, with one going as far as to say we "lose badly" at $5000 limit stuff.

CBB full game sides last year 67-61 (52.3%)
CBB full game sides last 8 years 702-579 (54.8%)

CFB full game sides last year 8-5 (61.5%)
CFB full game sides last 8 years 104-86 (54.7%)

We do much better on totals, as should be expected, but contrary to some opinions here, we've demonstrated a long term edge on sides as well. We've had losing years on sides, but have never "lost badly" on them over a reasonable sample size.

Also in response to the questioning of our motives for higher volume last year, you have to realize that our offerings on the service have changed significantly from year to year. Last year's CBB was the first time ever that we did full game sides, full game totals, 2h sides, and 2h totals from start to finish in a season. We had 450 or more plays three different years without any 2nd half plays, so getting to 529 plays with 176 second half plays last year was not unusually high volume at all.
Not shilling anything. I have tried many services including yours years ago and I settled on the ones that worked for me.

Now lets analyze your record:

CBB full game sides last year 67-61 (52.3%)
CBB full game sides last 8 years 702-579 (54.8%)

52.3% that is basically break even but losing for clients who paid thousands every year. Not to mention that when i was your client, you always release the best possible line that are not widely available before the market settles. There is a reason you release the pick at 11am before the big books remove the overnight limits.

The CBB record over the last years at 54.8 is not that bad but once again clients cannot get lines on most of your picks. You pat yourself in the back claiming that you line moves but majority of the picks are on no name small conference teams that are small betting market with small limits. Any time you tried a slightly larger market you would get crushed and sometimes the line would move against you.

Finally, winning% means nothing without the odds played and the the yield. Even though you release point spread and count the spread as the standard -110, many times you have released the spread when the odd on that spread was -110 to -120 at release time. So even though the 54% win rate is not bad, it doesn't translate well in terms of Yield

Overall for those who tailed you in all the full game sides in the last 8 years, its break even at best if they managed to get all your lines. Many are down. But you still get some clients because there are bettors who pick their spots to bet your games. Once of the best way to make money on from your picks is to wait for the sheeps that follow you to move the line and if some of the line moves back to original line, then your pick is toast over 60% of those times in those situations.

But now a days its not profitable to bet with line moves because line moves back and forth all the time. Situational handicapping is the way to go now.

If you want to call yourself a real winner and want to be talked in threads such legit top sports bettors, try to beat much bigger markets in multiple sports consistently.

Your attempt to get suckers for NFL pre-season (another small market)is a joke. This way you can claim you moved the lines and release bad lines to pad your stats.
billybathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #244
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 352
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

ugggghhh - will you shut up already dude
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:10 AM   #245
onealwelsh
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

advice for a lurker?

any thoughts on skybluepicks?
onealwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:59 AM   #246
billybathgate
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like View Post
ugggghhh - will you shut up already dude
No I won't because he called me a shill because I mentioned a service that worked for me. I tried Ras few years back and it was unbettable. The CBB totals that he releases had $550 limits at the release time and the line moves 3 to 5 points because all the sheep that paid thousands for the service will have to max bet.

RAS had one or two solid years way back in the days but since then some of their team members split and the plays are break even at best and -ev with the bad lines.

He says I am shilling bettingresource because i gave them a shout out, but it was well deserved. The free picks they posted over the last two years have higher yield than RAS paid picks during the that costs thousands. And these free picks are on major markets with high limits. Now RAS will probably say that their free picks are only hitting around 51% but he won't say that they play mostly value underdog money lines. 15% yield hitting 51% of the plays is better than hitting 60% with standard pointspread and total lines.

Last edited by billybathgate; 08-05-2017 at 02:06 AM.
billybathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #247
RightAngle
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 147
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybathgate View Post
No I won't because he called me a shill because I mentioned a service that worked for me.
No, I call you a shill because you make these similar nonsensical posts about RAS every year at multiple forums and always mention bettingresource.

We've hit 55% in CBB, and 56% in CFB over the last 5 years alone, most would consider that to be "solid" and a lot better than break even.

"Unbettable" to you, doesn't mean the same for everyone else.

Just because you had a $500 limit at one book, doesn't mean others can't get down nickels, dimes, or more, at multiple books.

Go ahead and shill for bettingresource, but please keep the misleading/false RAS stuff out of it.
RightAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #248
Mihkel05
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,835
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Are you going to address your new focus on preseason NFL/WNBA and the creation of a private 50 person group that is not on your website?

Super transparent IMO.
Mihkel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #249
billybathgate
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 23
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAngle View Post
No, I call you a shill because you make these similar nonsensical posts about RAS every year at multiple forums and always mention bettingresource.

We've hit 55% in CBB, and 56% in CFB over the last 5 years alone, most would consider that to be "solid" and a lot better than break even.

"Unbettable" to you, doesn't mean the same for everyone else.

Just because you had a $500 limit at one book, doesn't mean others can't get down nickels, dimes, or more, at multiple books.

Go ahead and shill for bettingresource, but please keep the misleading/false RAS stuff out of it.
I am not shilling for anyone. Just stating facts.

Why won't you admit that 55% and 56% are padded percent with meaning less 2nd half bets and totals? Clients pay you thousands to get a proper side or total but you are shilling your overall padded record with meaningless bets that were useless to clients. But clients have caught on and you lost many. That is why you are starting this mysterious private group for wnba/nfl. Its just another marketing tactic to create a hype with misleading records that noone can verify so that you can sell it the following season for thousands again. Why don't you address Mikels's question?
billybathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #250
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 352
Re: Who are the legit top sports bettors?

Please stop
Like is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online