Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #76
Lego05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 24,105
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like View Post
Thank you for the all caps, twice written bolded assertion that you aren't my lawyer. Before I read that I was just thinking about how you, Lego05, were actually my lawyer.
Hmm, I've never before seen anyone complain about the mere existence of a disclaimer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the 1.5 lines of capitalized and bold text on both ends of the several paragraphs containing information regarding U.S. federal income taxes. I do believe that I am being overly cautious by including it and now that I am aware of the inconvenience it causes to you I will take some time and reevaluate whether I will include it in similar posts in the future.

Last edited by Lego05; 06-03-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Lego05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #77
6MaxLHE
old hand
 
6MaxLHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,781
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NajdorfDefense View Post
Delaware offering sports at 1:30p on Tuesday on all major college and pro sports.

TEAM AMERICA F*CK YEAH!
This is awesome thank you Trump, ya gotta get one right once in a while!

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
6MaxLHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #78
6MaxLHE
old hand
 
6MaxLHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,781
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MaxLHE View Post
This is awesome being on FB season !

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk


Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
6MaxLHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:02 AM   #79
6MaxLHE
old hand
 
6MaxLHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,781
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Bring on FB season !



Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
6MaxLHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #80
Lego05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 24,105
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MaxLHE View Post
This is awesome thank you Trump, ya gotta get one right once in a while!

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

This came about because the State of New Jersey passed laws legalizing and regulating sports betting in violation of a federal law known as Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act ("PASPA"). Several sports leagues and the NCAA then sued New Jersey to prevent them from regulating sports betting, citing violations of PASPA. After some time the federal government (the executive branch of which is headed by Trump) joined the lawsuit on the side of the sports leagues/NCAA in opposition to allowing states (specifically New Jersey) to regulate sports betting on the grounds that it violates PASPA. However, the sports leagues/NCAA and the federal government eventually lost the lawsuit and New Jersey won. The Supreme Court struck down the federal law as unconstitutional on the grounds that it commandeered states' rights by requiring them to not legalize and regulate sports betting. (However, the federal government probably could still pass a more direct ban on sports betting itself.) Therefore, with PASPA struck down, states currently are free to legalize and regulate sports betting.

So, you are thanking the wrong people. You are thanking the people who were fighting against striking down the law that was preventing states from legalizing sports betting.
Lego05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #81
6MaxLHE
old hand
 
6MaxLHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,781
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Dude it was a joke. Obviously I know about the three branches of govt and the supreme court and Chris Christie.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
6MaxLHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #82
Lego05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 24,105
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MaxLHE View Post
Dude it was a joke. Obviously I know about the three branches of govt and the supreme court and Chris Christie.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Ok. Never mind then.
Lego05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #83
6MaxLHE
old hand
 
6MaxLHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,781
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Of course Delaware has not officially said they would allow betting on college football, although it is expected. But as soon as Borgata opens their book Im moving back to Jersey bc college football is a go for sure there.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
6MaxLHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:01 AM   #84
RhodyGuy
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 749
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MaxLHE View Post
Of course Delaware has not officially said they would allow betting on college football, although it is expected. But as soon as Borgata opens their book Im moving back to Jersey bc college football is a go for sure there.
Enjoy laying the -115 lol.
RhodyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #85
6MaxLHE
old hand
 
6MaxLHE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,781
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Lol at trying to win betting the spread. I am usually laying moneyline bets on huge favorites in CFB as our friends from MIT have said it is safer that buying stocks.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
6MaxLHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #86
MrAdvantage
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a Lannister always pays his debts
Posts: 2,745
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyGuy View Post
Enjoy laying the -115 lol.
Link thatís itís -115 or are u just full of xxxx?
MrAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #87
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 352
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego05 View Post
This came about because the State of New Jersey passed laws legalizing and regulating sports betting in violation of a federal law known as Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act ("PASPA"). Several sports leagues and the NCAA then sued New Jersey to prevent them from regulating sports betting, citing violations of PASPA. After some time the federal government (the executive branch of which is headed by Trump) joined the lawsuit on the side of the sports leagues/NCAA in opposition to allowing states (specifically New Jersey) to regulate sports betting on the grounds that it violates PASPA. However, the sports leagues/NCAA and the federal government eventually lost the lawsuit and New Jersey won. The Supreme Court struck down the federal law as unconstitutional on the grounds that it commandeered states' rights by requiring them to not legalize and regulate sports betting. (However, the federal government probably could still pass a more direct ban on sports betting itself.) Therefore, with PASPA struck down, states currently are free to legalize and regulate sports betting.

So, you are thanking the wrong people. You are thanking the people who were fighting against striking down the law that was preventing states from legalizing sports betting.

Oh my GOD DUDE relax! have you been on the internet before??
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #88
RhodyGuy
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 749
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdvantage View Post
Link thatís itís -115 or are u just full of xxxx?
No link, simply what I expect.
RhodyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #89
Lego05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 24,105
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like View Post
Oh my GOD DUDE relax! have you been on the internet before??
I was just providing the information to be helpful as 6MaxLHE's understanding of what happened seemed to be incorrect, although he later clarified that he was just joking.

I am not sure what problem you have with it that gets you riled up enough to type such a response to me.
Lego05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #90
DefNotRsigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,706
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

if in Vegas William Hill requires you to show ID and join their rewards program for 1k cumulative bets ($500 in some places but 2k downtown) - wonder what limits they will have in middle of nowhere like Delaware
DefNotRsigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #91
MrAdvantage
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a Lannister always pays his debts
Posts: 2,745
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyGuy View Post
No link, simply what I expect.
So the Borgataís sister properties in Vegas run -110 but u think it will be -115 at the Borgata ? That doesnít make any sense at all.
MrAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #92
RhodyGuy
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 749
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdvantage View Post
So the Borgataís sister properties in Vegas run -110 but u think it will be -115 at the Borgata ? That doesnít make any sense at all.
FanDuel today. 25c lines on MLB sides, 30c on today's and the run line numbers are flat out LOL with a -195/+135 line.
RhodyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #93
DefNotRsigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,706
Re: U.S. States Can Now Legalize/Regulate Sports Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyGuy View Post
FanDuel today. 25c lines on MLB sides, 30c on today's and the run line numbers are flat out LOL with a -195/+135 line.
They operate the just opened sports book at Meadowlands too which has 30cent MLB lines and 35 cent on totals. 5 cent markup for brick and mortar apparently.

The sportsbook makes you remove your hat and glasses to place a bet too. Top notch
DefNotRsigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online