Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2015, 04:14 AM   #1
andr3w321
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,145
SportsBettingCalcs

I made a site with some sports betting calculators http://sportsbettingcalcs.com

-Odds Converter
-ROI Calculator
-Kelly Criterion Calculator
-Vig Free Line Calculator
-Confidence Interval Calculator
-T-Test Calculator

Maybe one day I'll add a poisson distribution calculator and a bet simulator, but not anytime soon. The code is all open source if anyone feels like forking: https://github.com/andr3w321/sportsbettingcalcs Have fun :0
andr3w321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:48 AM   #2
kdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Losing leads late
Posts: 3,828
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

Your odds converter needs to be able to convert implied probability into odds to be useful for money lines.
kdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
andr3w321
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,145
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

Can you provide an example with expected input and output? For money lines if you expect a team to win 60% you could use either the ROI calculator or odds converter.

To use the ROI calculator type in 60% for win rate and 1.7(-143) or whatever odds are posted for this team and if the ROI is above your minimum betting requirements you would bet. For this example it would yield 2%.

To use the odds converter type in 60% to the required breakeven % and you will see this is equivalent to 1.67 (-150) so bets with odds > 1.67 or >-150 are +EV.
andr3w321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:43 AM   #4
kdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Losing leads late
Posts: 3,828
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr3w321 View Post
Can you provide an example with expected input and output? For money lines if you expect a team to win 60% you could use either the ROI calculator or odds converter.

To use the ROI calculator type in 60% for win rate and 1.7(-143) or whatever odds are posted for this team and if the ROI is above your minimum betting requirements you would bet. For this example it would yield 2%.

To use the odds converter type in 60% to the required breakeven % and you will see this is equivalent to 1.67 (-150) so bets with odds > 1.67 or >-150 are +EV.
My expected input is to type in something like .5741 in the implied probability box and get output of US odds 134.79 (the money line). Keep it simple.

Like this

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/bett...dds-converter/
kdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
andr3w321
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,145
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
My expected input is to type in something like .5741 in the implied probability box and get output of US odds 134.79 (the money line). Keep it simple.

Like this

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/bett...dds-converter/
Put in 57.41% into "Required Breakeven %" of the "Odds Converter" and you will get the result you're looking for.
andr3w321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:02 AM   #6
kdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Losing leads late
Posts: 3,828
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

Bookmarked
kdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
andr3w321
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,145
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

Since my last update over a year ago I've added

-odds comparison and line history pages. It's the only site I'm aware of you can find free betting % and line history for obscure events like MLB props https://sportsbettingcalcs.com/odds-...scription=Game
-bet simulator
-bet tracker which will graph your plays and display stats and give you a url to share your plays with others if you wish. It will also keep track of your funds at various books so you can manually grade and verify your bets to make sure there were no mistakes in the books' auto grading.
andr3w321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #8
Navrark
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Maple Leaf Forever
Posts: 252
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

I like your site. It's very helpful! I visit the T-Test often.
Navrark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:36 PM   #9
Navrark
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Maple Leaf Forever
Posts: 252
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

I don't know how, but early last year I came to the conclusion that the "Population Mean," for the One-Sided T-Test, is calculated as follows:

100 / Your Average Odds
100 divided by Your Average Odds

Is this correct?

So if my average odds are: 2.16, my Population Mean is 46.296..., correct?
Navrark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:50 PM   #10
andr3w321
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,145
Re: SportsBettingCalcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navrark View Post
I don't know how, but early last year I came to the conclusion that the "Population Mean," for the One-Sided T-Test, is calculated as follows:

100 / Your Average Odds
100 divided by Your Average Odds

Is this correct?

So if my average odds are: 2.16, my Population Mean is 46.296..., correct?
The population mean is an input. It's not calculated at all. It is the threshold you are testing against. It's a decent way to judge a handicapper's picks or your own record to see if it's statistically likely you are winning long term or if it's all just noise so far. If you're always betting -110 I'd use 52.38% which is the default input. If you play around with it you'll see that the larger the sample size, the smaller the winrate you need to show statistical likelihood of being a winner long term.

Edit: Using average odds is one way to go, just realize that your results can be wildly skewed if you happened to lose some huge favorite or win some huge underdog. If you're always betting around the same average odds, then yes I think your method would work fine.
andr3w321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online