Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
NeneHilario
enthusiast
 
NeneHilario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88
Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

I'm not sure if this issue has already been addressed. I have called Bovada multiple times to speak with a supervisor, and their only response is to ask for proof. I refuse to wager any more bets on Bovada, as this issue has been confirmed at least 100 times in my experience.

This is only for live betting. I'll provide an example, but a summary would be this: During live betting, while your wager is "processing", if there's a line change during that time, your wager is either accepted or declined based on which way the line moved. I'm fine with all bets being either accepted or declined in the event of a line change, but it's not okay to accept or decline based on which way the line moves

For example, I like to do a lot of live tennis betting. The line changes literally every single point, so you can imagine how many times it changes during a match. I'll try to use simple numbers here, and this is a made up scenario. Let's say Federer is playing Cilic, and the set score is tied 1-1, and they haven't started the third set yet. Federer is currently -140 to win the match. Federer is first to serve, and I bet $100 on Federer to win the match before he serves. While the wager is processing, Federer serves an ace, and his line moves to -145 as he's slightly more likely to win now. In this scenario, without fail, my wager will be cancelled before it's processed, and I can try to bet again at -145. I actually have no problem with this. They don't want to give me -140 value for a bet that's actually -145 now. No problem.

Now let's say it's the same score as before, a set a piece, Federer is first to serve. I bet $100 on Federer to win the match at -140. As the wager is processing, Cilic hits a return winner, and the line moves to Federer -125 as he's less likely to win the match now. My wager will still get accepted, without fail, and now I have a wager at -140 when the value is actually -125. I'm fine with this too. I clicked "wager" when the bet was -140 so I get -140. Fine.

What I'm not okay with is both of these things happening. They accept my bet when my selection becomes less likely to win, but make me take the worse price (I have -140, but a fair price is -125). When my selection becomes more likely to win, they decline my bet and make me try again at a worse price. (I want -140 but they make me try again at -145)

I would finish with "does this happen to anyone else?", but I know it happens. At least 100 times it's happened to me. If my wager gets declined, I know without even looking that my selection is now a steeper price. If my wager gets accepted, I know the line either didn't move, or my selection is now less likely to win.
NeneHilario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Weenus
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: 1537 Teramo Street
Posts: 82
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Lots of books freeroll on live betting it is why I only live bet at commercial breaks.
Weenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #3
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 281
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeneHilario View Post
I'm not sure if this issue has already been addressed. I have called Bovada multiple times to speak with a supervisor, and their only response is to ask for proof. I refuse to wager any more bets on Bovada, as this issue has been confirmed at least 100 times in my experience.

This is only for live betting. I'll provide an example, but a summary would be this: During live betting, while your wager is "processing", if there's a line change during that time, your wager is either accepted or declined based on which way the line moved. I'm fine with all bets being either accepted or declined in the event of a line change, but it's not okay to accept or decline based on which way the line moves

For example, I like to do a lot of live tennis betting. The line changes literally every single point, so you can imagine how many times it changes during a match. I'll try to use simple numbers here, and this is a made up scenario. Let's say Federer is playing Cilic, and the set score is tied 1-1, and they haven't started the third set yet. Federer is currently -140 to win the match. Federer is first to serve, and I bet $100 on Federer to win the match before he serves. While the wager is processing, Federer serves an ace, and his line moves to -145 as he's slightly more likely to win now. In this scenario, without fail, my wager will be cancelled before it's processed, and I can try to bet again at -145. I actually have no problem with this. They don't want to give me -140 value for a bet that's actually -145 now. No problem.

Now let's say it's the same score as before, a set a piece, Federer is first to serve. I bet $100 on Federer to win the match at -140. As the wager is processing, Cilic hits a return winner, and the line moves to Federer -125 as he's less likely to win the match now. My wager will still get accepted, without fail, and now I have a wager at -140 when the value is actually -125. I'm fine with this too. I clicked "wager" when the bet was -140 so I get -140. Fine.

What I'm not okay with is both of these things happening. They accept my bet when my selection becomes less likely to win, but make me take the worse price (I have -140, but a fair price is -125). When my selection becomes more likely to win, they decline my bet and make me try again at a worse price. (I want -140 but they make me try again at -145)

I would finish with "does this happen to anyone else?", but I know it happens. At least 100 times it's happened to me. If my wager gets declined, I know without even looking that my selection is now a steeper price. If my wager gets accepted, I know the line either didn't move, or my selection is now less likely to win.

Bovada is famous for this. But what do you want to happen? Them to stop free rolling you? I want to give J-Lo a facial. I think we're about even odds as which one will happen first.

This stuff happens all the time with live betting, and honestly, how can you expect it not to? It sucks but until betting is regulated and/or there is some solution like all bets must be accepted or rejected in a 5 second window or something, youll always have this problem. If a book can make money by simply waiting a few extra seconds to click a button, theyre probably going to. If you keep live betting in spite of it, it only encourages the practice.
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
NeneHilario
enthusiast
 
NeneHilario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like View Post
Bovada is famous for this. But what do you want to happen? Them to stop free rolling you? I want to give J-Lo a facial. I think we're about even odds as which one will happen first.

This stuff happens all the time with live betting, and honestly, how can you expect it not to? It sucks but until betting is regulated and/or there is some solution like all bets must be accepted or rejected in a 5 second window or something, youll always have this problem. If a book can make money by simply waiting a few extra seconds to click a button, theyre probably going to. If you keep live betting in spite of it, it only encourages the practice.
Yes, that's what I want to happen. Them to stop cheating. Is that really a lot to ask? I'll admit I didn't know this practice was typical for online books, I have limited experience and knowledge. It's so blatant, I was offended when the supervisors simply asked for proof. I guess that I don't really equate being treated fairly to getting a BJ from J-lo. But I agree about stopping live betting all together. Like you said, there should be 1 rule and stick with it. All bets accepted or declined on a line change.
NeneHilario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #5
Weenus
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: 1537 Teramo Street
Posts: 82
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Bovada very blatantly deal dual lines on regular bets and have lied about it for as long as I have known of Bovada (15 years). With unregulated offshore books they'll just do what they want. If your crack dealer sells you baking soda you can't exactly call the cops about it.
Weenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
akkopower1
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 123
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Does anyone know how pinnacle deals with this issue?
akkopower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #7
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 281
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeneHilario View Post
Yes, that's what I want to happen. Them to stop cheating. Is that really a lot to ask? I'll admit I didn't know this practice was typical for online books, I have limited experience and knowledge. It's so blatant, I was offended when the supervisors simply asked for proof. I guess that I don't really equate being treated fairly to getting a BJ from J-lo. But I agree about stopping live betting all together. Like you said, there should be 1 rule and stick with it. All bets accepted or declined on a line change.


lol yea it actually is a lot to ask. Why would they stop doing it? People like you keep depositing and betting live and your only recourse is what youre doing now, talking about it on a forum. Until enough people stop live betting, they wont stop cheating. Its the ugly side of unregulated industry
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:01 PM   #8
fannypack
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkopower1 View Post
Does anyone know how pinnacle deals with this issue?
they scam on live betting too
fannypack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #9
HolidayInTheSun
adept
 
HolidayInTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,029
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeneHilario View Post
I guess that I don't really equate being treated fairly to getting a BJ from J-lo.
It is in this industry.
HolidayInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #10
Wh1teNorth
grinder
 
Wh1teNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Finance Major & Limit Holdem Player
Posts: 610
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

Every book does this, get used to it.
Wh1teNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #11
Gin 'n Tonic
Pooh-Bah
 
Gin 'n Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Reclining my seat
Posts: 5,958
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

OP if you're watching the match on tv then there's a delay. Bovada will have faster pictures than you, or someone at the event, and they'll move the line before you get to see the action. Your bet only gets taken when the line moves in their favour. No conspiracy theories necessary.
Gin 'n Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
Like
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 281
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

thats really not at all whats being discussed here but thanks for chiming in
Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:44 AM   #13
MyTurn2Raise
Drug Free MVP
 
MyTurn2Raise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Descalso, Jay, and the pitcher
Posts: 40,579
Re: Serious Issue/Borderline Cheating with Bovada Live Betting

This Is Africa
MyTurn2Raise is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online