Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #48176
Knittle
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 787
Re: MMA Thread

Got my face kicked in this week. Brutal to have to pay my bookie $600+ lol.

Anyways, who can get me the hook up w/ a bookie with a good UFC book where I can hit props etc?

Hard to find
Knittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:01 PM   #48177
Willikn
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 175
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Gatsby View Post
Michelle Waterson, bet the house on that 1!!!

EDIT: Not the house obv, but think she wins, Carolina just too damn hittable, don't see how she's a fav tbh! She's tough but Michelle got too many skills to get beat by her imo, in fact I think she will dominate her quite easily!
Tread lightly on that one man. KK much bigger, stronger, better in the clinch, and a history of a much better gas tank.
Willikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #48178
SportBets
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Vegas
Posts: 7
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Gatsby View Post
Michelle Waterson, bet the house on that 1!!!

EDIT: Not the house obv, but think she wins, Carolina just too damn hittable, don't see how she's a fav tbh! She's tough but Michelle got too many skills to get beat by her imo, in fact I think she will dominate her quite easily!
Karolina is like the Arturo Gatti of MMA.
She is super durable and has an underrated clinch game.
If she can keep the fight inside Michele's kicking range, and use her clinch elbows, she finishes Michele.

I think KK should clearly be the favorite
SportBets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:53 PM   #48179
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 19,447
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittle View Post
Got my face kicked in this week. Brutal to have to pay my bookie $600+ lol.

Anyways, who can get me the hook up w/ a bookie with a good UFC book where I can hit props etc?

Hard to find
Where do u live
SwoopAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:59 PM   #48180
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 19,447
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Woodley just got destroyed. Nobody wants to see a rematch of that.
This, instant rematch if it was a flash finish or close fight but he got dismantled for 5 rounds landing no offense. The division is deep with contenders Woodley needs to win a fight or 2 to earn a rematch.

If you get a rematch losing a dominant 5 round decision you may as well announce you need to beat the champ twice for the belt it was one of the most one sided title fights ever and it's not like Woodley has a previous win over Usman thatd make a rubber match necessary

If Woodley can win two fights vs top 10 guys sure give him a rematch but Covington and askren at least should be ahead of him assuming askren wins his next fight
SwoopAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:14 AM   #48181
RB87
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 854
Re: MMA Thread

Got to agree Karolina isn't an easy fight for anyone outside of very top of the division. Saying that she has a win over Rose and put Joanna in a bit of trouble.

Also Waterson doesn't really have the one shot power to deter Karolina's output or ability to get into clinch range. The odds look about right to me.

I like Blaydes for this weekend. Blaydes is up with the best of the division, was super impressed with the way he dismantled Overeem and two losses against is nothing to be ashamed of. It is heavyweight so there is always that chance he eats a big shot but I just think he is going to be able to push Willis up against the cage and maul him on the ground.

Willis used decent footwork against Hunt but he didn't have to worry about the grappling and that was probably Hunt's worst performance in the UFC. I just think Blaydes is a much higher calibre of fighter then Willis and the fact he is coming off a loss gives us better odds then he should be.

Got 400 on Blaydes at 1.4
RB87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #48182
braddace
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittle View Post
Got my face kicked in this week. Brutal to have to pay my bookie $600+ lol.

Anyways, who can get me the hook up w/ a bookie with a good UFC book where I can hit props etc?

Hard to find
why you dont play online?
braddace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #48183
A_C_Slater
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
A_C_Slater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: #YangGang2020
Posts: 8,015
Re: MMA Thread

At first I thought betting Gaethje as a small dog +120 looked good against Barboza as his constant forward pressure would keep Barboza from kicking range. But then I looked at Barboza's record and noticed his last win came from a body shot TKO (punch to the body) and it seems that the way to beat Gaethje is to spam body shots. Barboza also only has one loss by KO and that seems like Gaethje's only path to victory unless he suddenly decides to wrestlefu*k, which he never will. So I bet Barboza at -150 instead.
A_C_Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:22 PM   #48184
Bravepitt
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: I make things even better
Posts: 239
Re: MMA Thread

I really like formiga ground game but figueireiro is a beast too !thompson , blaydes ...this is it for me ! 2 cards in a row with poor betting value
Bravepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #48185
Knittle
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 787
Re: MMA Thread

I think there is some value with Willis. That camp just knows how to win fights. They know a big heavy weight fight is next for Willis, if he wins.

I also LOVE Figueireiro and Gaethje.
Knittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM   #48186
White_Gatsby
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 433
Re: MMA Thread

Karolina isn't an easy fight, I disagree 100% that's she the stronger fighter though. I still think Waterson has way better technique and is better in a lot of areas.

This will likely end in a DEC and I favor the much more skilled and athletic Waterson. She can go anywhere and be comfortable, she got decent ground game and I think she will easily out point and out work Karolina.

Karolina is also very hittable, so she's will most def be getting tagged, prob not getting tko'd but Michelle will be evasive like she always is and Karolina will be getting lit up like always...How you can think Karolina can win this fight is beyond me!
White_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #48187
KyddDynamite
veteran
 
KyddDynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,540
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_C_Slater View Post
At first I thought betting Gaethje as a small dog +120 looked good against Barboza as his constant forward pressure would keep Barboza from kicking range. But then I looked at Barboza's record and noticed his last win came from a body shot TKO (punch to the body) and it seems that the way to beat Gaethje is to spam body shots. Barboza also only has one loss by KO and that seems like Gaethje's only path to victory unless he suddenly decides to wrestlefu*k, which he never will. So I bet Barboza at -150 instead.
He really got the knockout from multiple spinning back kicks to the body that landed flush. Edson usually struggles vs fighters who pressure heavy (Tony Ferguson, Khabib, Kevin Lee) and that's Justin's style, but I think Justin is one of the most overrated fighters, so i think Edson will get it done.
KyddDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM   #48188
Joe Pulaski
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Joe Pulaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,671
Re: MMA Thread

im allin gaethje as a dog. ffs gaethje was a dog vs vick who's tailor maid to break under his pressure with the way he backs up to the cage in a straight line.

Last edited by Joe Pulaski; Yesterday at 12:03 PM.
Joe Pulaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #48189
Alpha Fish
veteran
 
Alpha Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,535
Re: MMA Thread

Kevin Lee still nearly got decapitated and Gaethje likes to bite on the mouthpiece and throw hands which is the nut worst way to fight Barbosa

if Justin fights smart he should win on paper, but until proven otherwise, back the truck up on Barbosa
Alpha Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #48190
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,176
Re: MMA Thread

I knew TJ had to be on some sort of performance enhancers to do as well as he did vs Cejudo.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #48191
RB87
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 854
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Gatsby View Post
Karolina isn't an easy fight, I disagree 100% that's she the stronger fighter though. I still think Waterson has way better technique and is better in a lot of areas.

This will likely end in a DEC and I favor the much more skilled and athletic Waterson. She can go anywhere and be comfortable, she got decent ground game and I think she will easily out point and out work Karolina.

Karolina is also very hittable, so she's will most def be getting tagged, prob not getting tko'd but Michelle will be evasive like she always is and Karolina will be getting lit up like always...How you can think Karolina can win this fight is beyond me!
Come on man you contradict yourself in the same post.
"Karolina isn't an easy fight"
"How you can think Karolina can win this fight is beyond me!"

Your right that Karolina is very hittable but Waterson doesn't have the power in her hands to keep her at bay. She might be evasive but its hard to keep someone closing the distance if you don't have the power to back them up.

I could very easily see Karolina implementing the same gameplan she used against Rose. Closing the distance with volume and outworking Waterson in the clinch.

Ended up backing Jennifer Maia at 2.38 for 100.

This is a combination of following steam as she has been backed into 2.27 on Pinnacle and also based on the opinion of a few people that have good records betting MMA.

Watched some tape of the two and can see that its not a bad matchup for Maia as she usually struggles with fighters that can shoot under her and get takedowns. Davis though is much clinch orientated with her takedowns and will probably be happy to stay on the feet for long periods of time.

Its most likely going to be a scrappy brawl that could go either way so don't mind taking the underdog here.
RB87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #48192
Joe Pulaski
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Joe Pulaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,671
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Fish View Post
Kevin Lee still nearly got decapitated and Gaethje likes to bite on the mouthpiece and throw hands which is the nut worst way to fight Barbosa

if Justin fights smart he should win on paper, but until proven otherwise, back the truck up on Barbosa
what are you talking about that's the absolute best way. the worst way was dan hooker trying to fight a ranged kicking attack. do you guys not remember the michael johnson fight?
Joe Pulaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #48193
Alpha Fish
veteran
 
Alpha Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,535
Re: MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pulaski View Post
what are you talking about that's the absolute best way. the worst way was dan hooker trying to fight a ranged kicking attack. do you guys not remember the michael johnson fight?
what I'm saying if Justin never tries to take him down he will not win this fight - he'll just get his legs kicked from under him until he drops hands and then he'll eat one to the temple
Alpha Fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online