Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #326
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddyholder View Post
Hollywood is my favorite because I like listening to those guys on HRTV. Do any of you guys ever play their picks?

I have TVG and HRTV but, I watch Hollywood on TVG. I make my own picks and I reccommend everyone to do so.. its the most rewarding part of the game, imo. But, I do like the banter of the commentators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalk View Post
oh jeez, and i just missed a pick 3 at Evangeline for about $1000, because the horse i had came in second by a nose AND there was an inquiry which lasted about 10 minutes, they ruled "no penalty" and the winner stayed as is. in my opinion it could of gone either way, but i am just getting smoked by some bad breaks.
eek.

When you are narrowly missing, it shows that your handicapping is spot on.

Keep at it. May i ask why you had pick threes going at Mountaineer and Evangeline? Do you have a handle on these tracks or are you just being an action junkie?

I used to play whatever was running that particular day and I booked minus after minus.

I learned to save the money for the big pools and carryovers and the spots at tracks that I have been following closely.

There are some nice juicy fields in Louisiana but, West Virginia? Slots have helped the purses but, the wagering opportunities are pretty subpar, imo.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 AM   #327
TheWalk
old hand
 
TheWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,599
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
I have TVG and HRTV but, I watch Hollywood on TVG. I make my own picks and I reccommend everyone to do so.. its the most rewarding part of the game, imo. But, I do like the banter of the commentators.



eek.

When you are narrowly missing, it shows that your handicapping is spot on.

Keep at it. May i ask why you had pick threes going at Mountaineer and Evangeline? Do you have a handle on these tracks or are you just being an action junkie?

I used to play whatever was running that particular day and I booked minus after minus.

I learned to save the money for the big pools and carryovers and the spots at tracks that I have been following closely.

There are some nice juicy fields in Louisiana but, West Virginia? Slots have helped the purses but, the wagering opportunities are pretty subpar, imo.
action junkie mostly. i get home from work and those are the only tracks that are running. I should probably save the money for the big pools, as I am treading water at best. The only course I have a handle on is Suffolk Downs, and talk about subpar wagering opportunities...

I have done well with Mountaineer, though. I think I have a decent handle on that one too...

I should tone it down and concentrate on the better opportunities. Agreed.
TheWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #328
M.Honcho
adept
 
M.Honcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 862
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

I am very happy to see all the people who have found the horseracing thread and contribute or ask questions. It was just a few months back that only Kevroc and myself would throw a few picks out,maybe cap a days card, and talk a little **** and have some fun with this great sport.

Like Kev i use HRTV and TVG,but when they switched over to TVG for Hollywood,i just watch on Calracing,not a fan of any of their so called on air talent besides maybe Ron Ellis when he pops on now and again,but thats just me.

I will be with you tomorrow Kev and have a late pk4 for Hollywood
M.Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #329
kim777
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 382
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Hey all, Im Ken. I play the ponies daily at my local OTB and Ellis park. I enjoy your insights will start posting my plays and pics though I tend to be a 2 race a day better with pick 4s and cheap pick 6's if I can single a race or 2. Thanks Kev and Honch Ive been following your plays for some time.
kim777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #330
jacksquat
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 564
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

anybody have any thoughts about the debutante at churchill on sat. seems like a pretty wide open race of 2yo fillies.
jacksquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #331
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim777 View Post
Hey all, Im Ken. I play the ponies daily at my local OTB and Ellis park. I enjoy your insights will start posting my plays and pics though I tend to be a 2 race a day better with pick 4s and cheap pick 6's if I can single a race or 2. Thanks Kev and Honch Ive been following your plays for some time.
Hi Ken.

Ellis is closing its doors this year, right?

I look forward to your insights on KY tracks... I havent capped them much.

Turfway has decent sized fields during their meets and was one of the first polytracks if I remember correctly.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #332
kim777
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 382
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
Hi Ken.

Ellis is closing its doors this year, right?

I look forward to your insights on KY tracks... I havent capped them much.

Turfway has decent sized fields during their meets and was one of the first polytracks if I remember correctly.
Sup Kev! The papers here all say yes...Teller today said there was a closed door meeting with no public knowledge and something may be in the works...I personally think its all a leverage play to try and get the state to allow for slots...time will tell.

I have been tearing up Indiana Downs and had a .50 cent tri wheel pay out 2500 this week there! 45-1 ran 2nd but looked like a play imo.

Continued sucess sirs.
kim777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #333
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Good job with Indiana.. I've played that track a small amount (i like tracks that have .50 tris and .50 p4's)..

If you are wagering with actual tickets and not online.. be careful tossing your tickets when playing Indiana.. the pools are so small that it is not uncommon to have 3 of 4 pay out in p4's and trifectas paying x-x-all and such.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #334
kim777
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 382
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
Good job with Indiana.. I've played that track a small amount (i like tracks that have .50 tris and .50 p4's)..

If you are wagering with actual tickets and not online.. be careful tossing your tickets when playing Indiana.. the pools are so small that it is not uncommon to have 3 of 4 pay out in p4's and trifectas paying x-x-all and such.
Yeah I do everything live but I hear ya and have had 3 of 4 a handful of times pay. The 1 super that day paid over 78k...was sick life for someone.

I love the .50 cent pick fours it allows for some deep odds plays with minimal risk. Im really trying to get to where I make my pick four wheels with only 2 horses in each leg...minimize cost and still allow for some value but alas that is no easy task.
kim777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #335
noddyholder
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 371
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

I'm looking forward to the picks also. Good luck!
noddyholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #336
M.Honcho
adept
 
M.Honcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 862
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Hey Kim,look forward to your insight from the KY tracks. Thought like Kev i read this week Ellis is closing this year,but you may be right about the slots play there,heard it was defeated by a party line vote. Hope they can find a compromise there somewhere. See everyone tonight for Hollywood,have a honey do list to get done,then will cap the card and throw my picks up. Lets make some coin this friday!
M.Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #337
noddyholder
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 371
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Honcho View Post
Hey Kim,look forward to your insight from the KY tracks. Thought like Kev i read this week Ellis is closing this year,but you may be right about the slots play there,heard it was defeated by a party line vote. Hope they can find a compromise there somewhere. See everyone tonight for Hollywood,have a honey do list to get done,then will cap the card and throw my picks up. Lets make some coin this friday!
Looking forward to your picks for Hollywood since I'm playing it also and I need some help there.
noddyholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #338
kim777
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 382
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Well boys I spent my morning capping Hollywood for tonight...here is my shots:

P4 is as follows:

6,4
6,5,2,
8,9,10
4,5,6

Total cost for $2 Pick Four 108.00

Race 1 $10 EXB 4,5,6 cost 60.00

Race 2 $10 EXB 2,5,6 cost 60.00

Race 3 $10 EXB 8,9,10 cost 60.00

Race 4 $10 EXB 4,5,6 cost 60.00

considering a race 3 Tri Wheel 89 with 8914 with all...not sure yet...

This card looks like a cake walk we will see!

Last edited by kim777; 06-26-2009 at 12:11 PM.
kim777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #339
b123
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 40
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Hey guys,

I usually go out to the track about once a month but was looking to start betting online a couple days a week. I imagine some of you play online and was wondering which site do you think is the best (youbet, tvg, offshore sports book, ect, ect,) or are they all basically the same? Also, wheres the best/cheapest place to buy PPs? DRF.com has a bunch of package deals but I would only be interested in 2-4 cards per week.

Thanks.
b123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #340
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim777 View Post
Yeah I do everything live but I hear ya and have had 3 of 4 a handful of times pay. The 1 super that day paid over 78k...was sick life for someone.
If that was Indiana, I am 99.9% sure that it was NOT a 78k payout.. it was most likely a 10 cent payout based on 78k.

No way the pool is that large at that track for a superfecta.

Good Luck with your Hollywood Picks.

Here is my late pick four from Hollywood..

5) 1-2-3
6) 2-5-7-9
7) 4-6-7
8) 1-4-5-6-8

180 Combinations x $1 = $180 investment
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #341
M.Honcho
adept
 
M.Honcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 862
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Hollywood Park 6/26/09

This card has an odd feel to it to me for some reason,i dont see a ton of value,but a few races back to back in the mid value range might be worth a few DD's. I like the exacta angles tonight,see some fair payouts there,just nothing outrageous tonight. I see the 5th being wide open,and the 7th a tough race why i used 3 of 5 there.

1.) 6-3-5
2.) 4-7-3
3.) 9-1-5
4.) 5-4-8
5.) 5-1-7
6.) 5-9-7
7.) 7-4-2
8.) 1-5-9

I will try and post exact late pk4 ticket prior to start of the 5th.
M.Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #342
noddyholder
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 371
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Honcho View Post
Hollywood Park 6/26/09

This card has an odd feel to it to me for some reason,i dont see a ton of value,but a few races back to back in the mid value range might be worth a few DD's. I like the exacta angles tonight,see some fair payouts there,just nothing outrageous tonight. I see the 5th being wide open,and the 7th a tough race why i used 3 of 5 there.

1.) 6-3-5
2.) 4-7-3
3.) 9-1-5
4.) 5-4-8
5.) 5-1-7
6.) 5-9-7
7.) 7-4-2
8.) 1-5-9

I will try and post exact late pk4 ticket prior to start of the 5th.
So will you exacta box those 3 horses in each race or play you fisrt pick on top of the other two?
noddyholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #343
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Honcho View Post
Hollywood Park 6/26/09

I see the 5th being wide open,and the 7th a tough race
Agreed 100%
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #344
DiscreetCat
journeyman
 
DiscreetCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 348
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

I have a play in the 7th. Posting it momentarily...
DiscreetCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #345
fthack
journeyman
 
fthack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 382
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroc View Post
I have TVG and HRTV but, I watch Hollywood on TVG. I make my own picks and I reccommend everyone to do so.. its the most rewarding part of the game, imo. But, I do like the banter of the commentators.
I love TVG. I have this weird thing for Christina. Too bad that judge issued a restraining order.
fthack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #346
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscreetCat View Post
I have a play in the 7th. Posting it momentarily...
I'm gonna guess the #7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthack View Post
I love TVG. I have this weird thing for Christina. Too bad that judge issued a restraining order.
She is cute and knows her stuff.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldnt let her stretch it out after a layoff.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #347
DiscreetCat
journeyman
 
DiscreetCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 348
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

No, it's not the #7. I did have Schill last time however; he's a pretty solid turf sprinter.

Btw, i didn't mean to say i was posting it in this thread. I posted a seperate thread out in the main room. Sorry for any confusion.


PS - If i did like Schill tonight, i would likely be passing the race.
DiscreetCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #348
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscreetCat View Post
No, it's not the #7. I did have Schill last time however; he's a pretty solid turf sprinter.

Btw, i didn't mean to say i was posting it in this thread. I posted a seperate thread out in the main room. Sorry for any confusion.


PS - If i did like Schill tonight, i would likely be passing the race.
I would pass the race if it wasnt part of the late p4.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #349
DiscreetCat
journeyman
 
DiscreetCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 348
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Down to a 5-horse field now with the scratch of Heathersdaddysbaby.
DiscreetCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #350
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser
 
Kevroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 20,366
Re: HORSE RACING THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscreetCat View Post
Down to a 5-horse field now with the scratch of Heathersdaddysbaby.
i know, that blows.. i liked her tonight.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive